**** OFF DON ROBERTSON

Armageddon

2 hours ago, OTT said:

It just goes to underscore the scale of the problem.

The data is there and it is undeniable. Just need to be collected and published. All these anecdotes just further support the position that the selection process for the referees is broken. 

Honestly, I reckon a half decent journalist could make their name off the back of it. Those stats get put together and you have an undeniable irrefutable argument that there is bias in our game because they cannot be justified. You could throw in some quotes from statisticians highlighting just how unjustifiable it is to really add fuel to the fire.  You cannot justify the scale of appointments from those 3/4 associations all within a stones throw of each other vs the rest. The stat about how few Edinburgh referees there have been in Scottish cup finals over a 100+ year history again just proves the point. 

I genuinely think its an argument which could be won. You can call individual referees bent or biased till the cows come home and it won't prove anything, but you look over a 30,40,50 year period and can show definitively that there is a pattern of only referees from certain associations rising to the top then you can push for meaningful change. 

And you can add the likes of Wee Willie and Son of Dallas being fast tracked.

It may be that the SFA are trying to justify appointing a local ref as this week's ref is Gavin Duncan from Edinburgh

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Thomaso

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It may be that the SFA are trying to justify appointing a local ref as this week's ref is Gavin Duncan from Edinburgh

Anyone got any opinion on Duncan? Name rings a bell for me but nothing more than that.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Anyone got any opinion on Duncan? Name rings a bell for me but nothing more than that.

No, but it sounds ominous

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

How to start a non-substantiated rumour. Nephew of Arthur😉

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He is a Falkirk fan, if that helps.

Used to work with him many years ago and even then he was critical of the selection process for referees being heavily weighted in favour of those from the West.

16 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Very well put post.

Can the information not be obtained from Freedom of Information request(s)? 

I don’t think so, the SFA aren’t a public body so I’m not sure anyone could just request the info. I do wonder if as members of the SFA Hearts (or any club) could request that data and put the stats together themselves? 

I think the club has every right to request it and being fan owned, I wonder if we can put the question to the board via the foundation? 

Pasquale for King

Did he not send Haring off last season for an identical challenge that he yellow carded Aribo for? 
Maybe could’ve been mentioned it at the hearing for Neilsons sending off. 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don’t think so, the SFA aren’t a public body so I’m not sure anyone could just request the info. I do wonder if as members of the SFA Hearts (or any club) could request that data and put the stats together themselves? 

I think the club has every right to request it and being fan owned, I wonder if we can put the question to the board via the foundation? 

It’s definitely something we should have sort of process to get the FoH reps to ask. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

He is a Falkirk fan, if that helps.

Used to work with him many years ago and even then he was critical of the selection process for referees being heavily weighted in favour of those from the West.

Interesting. Thanks 👍

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not great in my opinion. He refereed me from boys club into Junior. The word I’d use for him is gullible. Very whistle happy. Whoever shouts loudest gets the decision. I’d be telling our attackers to do their best Martin Boyle impressions on Saturday. 

41 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Not great in my opinion. He refereed me from boys club into Junior. The word I’d use for him is gullible. Very whistle happy. Whoever shouts loudest gets the decision. I’d be telling our attackers to do their best Martin Boyle impressions on Saturday. 

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

He reffed an earlier game at Tynie (Livi?) this season and was OK - ie I've seen worse.

Cheers for answers guys. 

7 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Just saw highlights of Liverpool Atletico Madrid

Liverpools penalty, no question. Stonewaller. Very similar to Boyce v Rangers.

I disagree. It reminded me of the penalty Hibs got against us at Easter Road, when big Zal did the same to a Hibs player, the difference being big Zal was sent off. Game ended 2-2 with an Andy Webster equaliser. The zal sending off, prompting The late Glen Gibbons of the Scotsman to write a piece with the title. The ball was in the air. Meaning how could the ref send Zal off if the Hibs player was nowhere near the ball or better still the ball was nowhere near him. Again I believe the ref was Zal's big mate Ian Brines.

Diadora Van Basten

Was listening to OTB and Tam and Stuart highlighted than the Aribo tackle last week was not shown on Sportscene.

After a while they got a message from the Sportscene producers to say that the pundits had seen the tackle and didn’t think there was anything in it so it wasn’t included.

I thought it pretty unlikely that the pundits influence the editing of the programme and this was a fairly flimsy excuse.

56 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Was listening to OTB and Tam and Stuart highlighted than the Aribo tackle last week was not shown on Sportscene.

After a while they got a message from the Sportscene producers to say that the pundits had seen the tackle and didn’t think there was anything in it so it wasn’t included.

I thought it pretty unlikely that the pundits influence the editing of the programme and this was a fairly flimsy excuse.

And yet Sportscene had a witch hunt on the Woodburn incident tonight…..😏