• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Thomaso

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the shithousery of Scottish football you get cock all from a Celtic fan referee at Ibrox as he needs to show that he's unbiased towards the other lot.

In the new world we live in, officials in all walks of life don't give a feck and don't even bother to hide their criminality. And yet nothing happens. The dice are loaded against the wee guy.

Would VAR have given Boyces as a penalty? I’m not so sure, but it certainly would have overturned Aribos yellow to a red. Bizarre the incident wasn’t even mentioned on Sportscene.

Can someone explain why the Aribo tackle was overlooked completely by the BBC? 

If Porteous was a red at ibrox this certainly was. But nobody really bothers. Don Robertson was there but chose not act. Same as Bacuna red all day long. 

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

Boyce incident was a pen. Aribo Red. Neilson sending off - I thought we improved after he was sent to the stands.......

We did but are you suggesting that we improved because he was sent to the stand?

I hate his facial features and the faces he pulls smug looking twat. From Glasgow played for Patrick and Queens Park when he was younger you would think with a football background his skills at being a ref would be a bit better. 

Maroon Sailor
55 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I hate his facial features and the faces he pulls smug looking twat. From Glasgow played for Patrick and Queens Park when he was younger you would think with a football background his skills at being a ref would be a bit better. 

He's just another really poor ref and the less Hearts games he gets the better.

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's just another really poor ref and the less Hearts games he gets the better.

He is the ref but looks like he has an attitude problem the way he tells players to go away or the way he speaks to players .

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

We did but are you suggesting that we improved because he was sent to the stand?

There was certainly some transformation when he left. Maybe the team was angry at his treatment. Maybe his instructions from pitch side tend to be a bit negative. Maybe purely coincidental. Certainly seemed to do no harm!

I’ve always said, officials are under massive pressure with 50,00 knuckle draggers shouting for anything that goes against them. There is no hiding place for him or his family if he makes a decision in favour of a visiting team as everyone knows where they work, live or where his kids go to school. 

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Inchgarvie said:

I’ve always said, officials are under massive pressure with 50,00 knuckle draggers shouting for anything that goes against them. There is no hiding place for him or his family if he makes a decision in favour of a visiting team as everyone knows where they work, live or where his kids go to school. 

One of a few reasons that make getting decisions at Parkhead and Govan pretty rare.

100% a foul on Boyce so should be a penalty. Defender is wrong side leans on him then falls straight on top of him and bowls him over. Robertson gave numerous fouls throughout the game for less contact. 

8 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Robbie post match criticism of the officials will be picked up no doubt

Calling out the 4th official for the throat grab & saying when you come here you never get any decisions

Wait for him to be charged 1st thing Monday morning and get a touchline ban

Meanwhile they'll "review" the Bacuna incident and see nothing wrong with it

He should (in a normal league) get a 3-5 game ban for that. Don't hold out much hope here though

I wonder if we could sidestep post match comments with a statement from the club. Might get fined but Neilson can’t get suspended if they’re not his comments…

recurring theme on the penalty seems to be ‘but it’s Rangers at ibrox’, if that isn’t an indictment of the double standard rampant in Scottish football I don’t know what is.

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Would VAR have given Boyces as a penalty? I’m not so sure, but it certainly would have overturned Aribos yellow to a red. Bizarre the incident wasn’t even mentioned on Sportscene.

Not really a surprise, the Beeb are doing their level best to get back into Rangers good books. After all the hullabaloo about Aribo last week and the sending off you would have thought this would have been a major point of discussion on the programme. The fact that it was not really tells you everything about Sportscene. 

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Hahaha, Hi Don! :)

Boyce is taking the ball down in the box and he's knocked over = penalty.  Nothing else makes Boyce fall over.

Boyce has eyes on the ball running into a dangerous area. Balogun has eyes on Boyce and runs into him intentionally obstructing him ans to stop him getting an effort on goal. That needs explained to me how that’s not a foul :lol: 
It’s a penalty all day long. 

2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

If Porteous was a red at ibrox this certainly was. But nobody really bothers. Don Robertson was there but chose not act. Same as Bacuna red all day long. 

I had a rather jumpy stream and missed this (and oor goal, gggrrrrr!!). Anyone got a clip of the tackle?

Over and above the incidents discussed here, what about the offsides?!!!?

The Boyce one, know McGregor saved anyway but NEVER offside. Quute a similar one first half for Huns, so same lino, but looked a yard off. No flag.

One with Gino too, great pass inside fullback from Cochrane. No way to tell on tv but our players thought onside, would love to see it properly.

Their main gripe was CamDev not being booked earlier but the counter to that is that 50% of the fouls were dives, especially ftom Hagi.

2 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Maybe it was just a coincidence........

4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Maybe it was just a coincidence........

He he. Bit of mischief. We'd been doing well for a good while up until Robbies red.

Wonder if Slippy would've been sent off for similar? Hmmmmmmm...

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

He he. Bit of mischief. We'd been doing well for a good while up until Robbies red.

Wonder if Slippy would've been sent off for similar? Hmmmmmmm...

Not a chance in hell. My Comment re Neilson was of course tongue in cheek, but we I thought his sending off gave us more impetus.

2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

So the SFA have an excuse not to upgrade it to a red/ban him after the match. 

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

So many times with us, Sportscene have spoken in detail about how our players should have got red cards, then like day after night, the compliance officer follows and ‘offers’ our player a ban. Doubtless this will not be mentioned further

10 hours ago, fila said:

Should have been a straight red ….. should have been a pen ….both would have been given if it had been in Rangers favour. The neck grab was a reaction to being pushed , handbag stuff .

not surprised RN was sent to the stands , must be one of the worst places in the world to be standing on the sidelines 

Handbags stuff? Seriously? You raise your hand to another player and it’s a red card. Whether you were pushed or not. Grabbing someone by the throat just makes the decision easier. Everywhere in world football except Ibrox and Parkhead.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Inchgarvie said:

That old chestnut, they give them everything at away grounds also 🤔
Even more reason not to hire the majority of refs from a 100 mile radius of Glasgow, like everything else in our game it’s done for the benefit of the uglies. 

26 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Yellow cards given - their excuse will be that Robertson did act.  It tells you all you need to know about why the game here is continually in the doldrums. Two rules applied all the time - one for the Old Firm and one for everyone else.  Anywhere else Roberson would be looking at a demotion after a one sided display like that.  Not here though - he probably got a Pat on the back from the assessor who would be watching him from the Ibrox Directors Box.

1 hour ago, Inchgarvie said:

He shouldn’t have taken the job if that sort of thing influences his decision making. The whole point of refs is to make the game fair. If you go into a game being more lenient to one side than the other then you are a cheat. 

12 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Amazing now we see things differently - I thought that was a stonewall pen.. Balogun only tried to play boyce. No where near the ball.  

Yup. Foul anywhere else on the pitch. Shat it

8 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Utter nonsense. It’s you that’s having a mare all over this thread

What because I dont agree with some of ya? 🙈 Im no the one saying if ya don’t think its a pen you arent a Hearts fan. However you fire on 

3 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Aribos at normal speed as it happens didn’t look nearly as bad as it was. Wasn’t til I saw a still agreed it was red. Its understandable (different from acceptable for the hard of reading on here). Porteous’s was far more obvious as he ran full pelt across the pitch and launched himself at the player. Equating the two is not a thing much as people try to say they are the same. Still pictures are great but look at players reactions to both tackles theres a huge difference even just in that. 

Bacuna there was no excuse for , the 4th official was closer to Kingsley than if he’d been giving him a lapdance. The ref wasn’t exactly far from it either. 

It wasnt a competing for the ball shoulder charge  he looks at boyce then runs into him!  Hopefully in future VAR will put an end to this nonsense

Shamefull avoidance of discusssion of incident of sportscene.

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He is the ref but looks like he has an attitude problem the way he tells players to go away or the way he speaks to players .

That lad who did Dundee v Aberdeen was the same (colin steven maybe) he was shouting at the players to “come here now”. Actually shouting at them 🙈 I hate the officious wanks like that. On a pitch you have no respect for that , its not commanding nor assertive its just dick behaviour. I wonder if the SFA has “how to be a *****” classes

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

There was certainly some transformation when he left. Maybe the team was angry at his treatment. Maybe his instructions from pitch side tend to be a bit negative. Maybe purely coincidental. Certainly seemed to do no harm!

Jesus **** 🤣🤣🤣🤣

13 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It was an absolute penalty! How can you not see that? Did he just fall or what was it you didn't see?

We’d have a case if Boyce was going to get anywhere near the ball. He wasn’t IMO. It’s a crude block but it’s not a penalty IMO

Alex MacDonald

No official from Glasgow should be taking charge of any team from their home city. The dominance of the Glasgow Referees Association is blatantly corrupt and only serves 2 teams. Referees no longer having their home town or location under their listing in the match programme or listings is a pathetic attempt by the SFA to try and hide the imbalance and damage that it’s doing to our game.

2 hours ago, Inchgarvie said:

Yup. The problem is though that so many referees are recruited from the Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire and Ayrshire associations that the vast majority live and work amongst them so invariably - even subconsciously, will opt for a quiet life. 

We need to push for more referees from the other associations IMO. They also need to grow a set and stand up to the selection committee that only seem to promote those from the west coast.

Stand by that the stats are out there which prove an unjustifiable volume of referees from those 4 associations  are promoted to top flight football. Problem is, what are the other associations doing to challenge this?

2 minutes ago, Alex MacDonald said:

No official from Glasgow should be taking charge of any team from their home city. The dominance of the Glasgow Referees Association is blatantly corrupt and only serves 2 teams. Referees no longer having their home town or location under their listing in the match programme or listings is a pathetic attempt by the SFA to try and hide the imbalance and damage that it’s doing to our game.

Completely agree. I remember you used to get a bio on the website about each referee which said where they came from. No longer the case so clearly an attempt to frustrate tracking where they actually come from. I wish I had the time to sit down and research the stats over the last 20-20 years. I reckon the stats would offer evidence that they couldn't justify. A good journalist could absolutely skewer the SFA on this, especially if they could get a few quotes from refs that were glass ceilling'd by the west coast associations and the biased selection process AND someone from a stats background saying the stats are highly suspect. I think James Bee has been quoted a few times highlighting the problems the non-west coast refs face in achieving progression. 

If any stattos fancy doing it, I think the results could be really interesting. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if the BBC bottled showing the Aribo challenge because they don’t want Gerrard and Sevco complaining about Trial by Sportscene. Absolutely guaranteed if that’s Devlin on Aribo then Gerrard would come out slamming Devlin abs the ref but the hypocrisy is not surprising. Really surprised Robbie hasn’t said anything as that was a potential leg breaker. Sportscene is horrendous and the pundits on it are a waste of space. 

29 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You could name the refs from where they were from

Balfour

Bonkle

Dundee

Rutherglen 

I have a list of all of the cat 1 referees, I'm trying to figure out which association they belong to though, because I think that could be a good step in proving my theory, but you cannot find anywhere on the web where each one belongs to. I had hoped the facebook/twitter accounts might congratulate their members when they receive appointment as a cat 1 referee but there isn't anything. I am finding that the vast majority are west coast, but its kind of difficult to figure out which association. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about it?

(yes it might be a bit sad, but you cannot prove individual bias, but you could potentially prove that there is a culture of bias in only promoting refs from certain associations).  

14 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It was an absolute penalty! How can you not see that? Did he just fall or what was it you didn't see?

It was. 100%. Who knew I would actually wish for VAR at the time. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Don't know why everyone is saying VAR will fix this, who do you think will be sitting in the studio operating VAR, yes those same west coast bias refs, nothing will change.

Maroon Sailor
28 minutes ago, OTT said:

I have a list of all of the cat 1 referees, I'm trying to figure out which association they belong to though, because I think that could be a good step in proving my theory, but you cannot find anywhere on the web where each one belongs to. I had hoped the facebook/twitter accounts might congratulate their members when they receive appointment as a cat 1 referee but there isn't anything. I am finding that the vast majority are west coast, but its kind of difficult to figure out which association. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about it?

(yes it might be a bit sad, but you cannot prove individual bias, but you could potentially prove that there is a culture of bias in only promoting refs from certain associations).  

All the refs places I listed are ex referees. Just pointing out that they used to have their location after their names

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

And Hearts to be 3-0 down at half time.

I'm starting to worry.

It could have been, easily but thankfully not. 

Only 1 down. 

Don't worry. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, sadj said:

Equating it to Porteous is lunacy , however with VAR it is a red I think , you can understand the ref giving it as a yellow though. Penalty im still it wasn’t. The Bacuna throat grab is a red and the fourth officials eyes were at worst 10cm away from it…

Fair. 

Alex MacDonald

Sportscene going out of their way to ignore a clear Hearts penalty and a Rangers red card. First time I’ve seen them play the 2 penalty incidents in the background whilst discussing something else and not referring to them. Sutherland and his editorial team at it, and not being very discreet about it. I remember when Hearts won 1-0 at Fir Park in 2018, Sutherland focused immediately on whether Uche should’ve been sent off for the challenge that led to the winning goal, instead of commenting on Hearts being top of the league with a 100% record. What should we expect from a broadcaster within walking distance of both Ibrox and Parkhead.

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You could name the refs from where they were from

Balfour

Bonkle

Dundee

Rutherglen 

That first one would be Balfron I think.