**** OFF DON ROBERTSON

Armageddon

2 hours ago, OTT said:

I have a list of all of the cat 1 referees, I'm trying to figure out which association they belong to though, because I think that could be a good step in proving my theory, but you cannot find anywhere on the web where each one belongs to. I had hoped the facebook/twitter accounts might congratulate their members when they receive appointment as a cat 1 referee but there isn't anything. I am finding that the vast majority are west coast, but its kind of difficult to figure out which association. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about it?

(yes it might be a bit sad, but you cannot prove individual bias, but you could potentially prove that there is a culture of bias in only promoting refs from certain associations).  

I think Gavin Duncan is the only cat 1 from the EDRA (Edinburgh)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Thomaso

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

That first one would be Balfron I think.

You're right - could swore I typed Balfron !

5 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He is the ref but looks like he has an attitude problem the way he tells players to go away or the way he speaks to players .

If he gives up reffing, he'll get a job with the Home Office.

HeartsandonlyHearts
14 hours ago, SectionG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

EB770B50-3299-4E60-B9A8-6B4A5E649CA8.jpeg

You could put the head of Porteous on the Newco player and it’s the same foul. Scottish football at its inconsistent best.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm amazed he let Halkett's goal stand.

Thank goodness there wasn't a Hearts player close enough for the cheat to disallow the goal.

Personally I think Boyce could've been a little stronger but he did what strikers do when they feel a connection off the ball and went down. It was not simulation so never a dive and a yellow, therefore it was a foul and a penalty as it was not shoulders when competing for the ball it was an off the ball barge. 

Having said this it is not the kind of penalty you get at CP or Ibrox. We all know that. Not that we should accept it. Good to see Neilson and Motherwell both getting column inches today for the way teams are mistreated against both OF. Unfortunately it will not change anything. To beat the OF, you have to beat the SFA and media too.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Personally I think Boyce could've been a little stronger but he did what strikers do when they feel a connection off the ball and went down. It was not simulation so never a dive and a yellow, therefore it was a foul and a penalty as it was not shoulders when competing for the ball it was an off the ball barge. 

Having said this it is not the kind of penalty you get at CP or Ibrox. We all know that. Not that we should accept it. Good to see Neilson and Motherwell both getting column inches today for the way teams are mistreated against both OF. Unfortunately it will not change anything. To beat the OF, you have to beat the SFA and media too.

Any links to articles mate?

We should have a fund to take out a full page advert in a shitty red top every time this happens. Just to point it out. I would be in for twenty. A neck for anything barre soap these pricks though.

20 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Notably never raised a flag for their attacks on more than a few occasions that looked way off…

21 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

And also his linesman for calling multiple offsides on Boyce which were not offside.

21 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Very poor standard, hagi fell over about 74 times today and every time he was trying to get an opponent booked.

Up until now I have been against VAR because of the effect on the flow of the game, however I'm changing my mind because some of yesterdays decisions were more than dubious.

The Boyce offside looked wrong and the Boyce penalty should have been given , at least one of the Rangers shots on goal looked offside too. There should have been a red for the Rangers player who grabbed Kingstone by the throat, indeed their could have been an arrest

I'm changing my opinion because when VAR is introduced the officials will be hung out to dry for these decisions. That will concentrate their minds.

24 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Up until now I have been against VAR because of the effect on the flow of the game, however I'm changing my mind because some of yesterdays decisions were more than dubious.

The Boyce offside looked wrong and the Boyce penalty should have been given , at least one of the Rangers shots on goal looked offside too. There should have been a red for the Rangers player who grabbed Kingstone by the throat, indeed their could have been an arrest

I'm changing my opinion because when VAR is introduced the officials will be hung out to dry for these decisions. That will concentrate their minds.

My big worry with VAR is, what if it becomes an OF catch all, i.e the few decisions that don't go the OFs way, i.e genuine mistakes are then corrected. But there is little to no benefit for the rest of us, especially when playing them. Would a video ref, likely from the west have advised Robertson to send off Aribo? or had the balls to challenge any of Robertsons decisions over the 90 minutes? We already see how little input the linesman have/give beyond offsides, so its a bit suspect if it would be implemented as intended. 

I kinda get the idea that this should in theory, with the best will in the world improve the referees decision making, because it genuinely gets worse by the season, but I'm sceptical of their ability to implement it effectively. I wouldn't be against trialling it for say 3 seasons to assess if it does genuinely level the playing field in terms of the officials decision making, but it needs to be like in Germany. The English decided they would do it differently and made a total pigs ear of it. 

I think I land on being in favour of it in principle but sceptical of our ability to implement it effectively. The 'purists' that are ardently against VAR are aware of how bad the officiating is in Scotland? Surely on paper giving them more tools to improve their decision making and eradicate 'honest mistakes' would be worth doing?

Neverforgetfiveone
21 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed. 

It shows what a monumental effort we have put in when we have to play against 15 every time you play the Ugly sisters

Boyce offside looked wrong to me

They had 2 which looked 2 or 3 yards off but weren’t given 

Challenge on Devlin is a red

Hands round Kingsley’s throat should have been a red

Every single counter attack we had we were brought down on the break - most given bookings but it irks me that our bookings seemed soft by comparison

Typical trip to Glasgow mind you 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I don't think it will and it'll be interesting to see what guidlines are introuduced (and whether they differ - and if so, how- from other countries).   Someone at the SFA needs to explain the no red for the throat grabbing - what's to stop the usual suspects turning a blind eye to this when VAR is introduced when it's clear it's been happening for decades at OF games. Sky/EPL have been talking for years about  VAR being used in contentious situations but in Scotland we're effectively talking about VAR just to get a fair crack of the whip in the first place. 

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

Don't know why everyone is saying VAR will fix this, who do you think will be sitting in the studio operating VAR, yes those same west coast bias refs, nothing will change.

spot on, VAR only as good as the reviewers. Wonder if it'd have a better chance if those in the booth were granted anonymity? 

Neverforgetfiveone
5 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

You could put the head of Porteous on the Newco player and it’s the same foul. Scottish football at its inconsistent best.

Problem with this is that it doesn’t show where the ref was…. He was basically standing to the left of Beni, looking straight at it!!!!

7 hours ago, Alex MacDonald said:

Sportscene going out of their way to ignore a clear Hearts penalty and a Rangers red card. First time I’ve seen them play the 2 penalty incidents in the background whilst discussing something else and not referring to them. Sutherland and his editorial team at it, and not being very discreet about it. I remember when Hearts won 1-0 at Fir Park in 2018, Sutherland focused immediately on whether Uche should’ve been sent off for the challenge that led to the winning goal, instead of commenting on Hearts being top of the league with a 100% record. What should we expect from a broadcaster within walking distance of both Ibrox and Parkhead.

I also found this pretty mental. It was a major talking point in the game where a certain red card was missed and our manager got sent off. They might as well have said ‘Here’s the incident but Richard, tell us what your having for tea tonight.’ Then nothing about it afterwards. They also had ****ing cheek to show some non-incident where Kingsley leans into the ball, as if to say that could’ve been a penalty so it’s even!  Absolute tadgers to a man.

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, Alex MacDonald said:

Sportscene going out of their way to ignore a clear Hearts penalty and a Rangers red card. First time I’ve seen them play the 2 penalty incidents in the background whilst discussing something else and not referring to them. Sutherland and his editorial team at it, and not being very discreet about it. I remember when Hearts won 1-0 at Fir Park in 2018, Sutherland focused immediately on whether Uche should’ve been sent off for the challenge that led to the winning goal, instead of commenting on Hearts being top of the league with a 100% record. What should we expect from a broadcaster within walking distance of both Ibrox and Parkhead.

Perhaps they are worried they will get banned from Ibrox if they highlight anything negative about Rangers.

9 hours ago, Alex MacDonald said:

I also remember BBC undertaking an on line witch hunt against Lafferty when Hearts appealed his red card against Aberdeen a few years back!

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

I also found this pretty mental. It was a major talking point in the game where a certain red card was missed and our manager got sent off. They might as well have said ‘Here’s the incident but Richard, tell us what your having for tea tonight.’ Then nothing about it afterwards. They also had ****ing cheek to show some non-incident where Kingsley leans into the ball, as if to say that could’ve been a penalty so it’s even!  Absolute tadgers to a man.

Yup they had to balance out the Boyce penalty incident by showing a “see Rangers should have had one too” non event! 😏

Hackney Hearts
On 16/10/2021 at 23:25, moonraker said:

seeing it from behind Boyce is clearly pushed, the defender makes no contact with (or attempts to play) the ball, it is not shoulder to shoulder. Looked like a penalty to me.

Them's the facts. No point arguing about it.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

It shows what a monumental effort we have put in when we have to play against 15 every time you play the Ugly sisters

Definitely 

julienbrellier

The Boyce pen was debatable. The two red cards for Rangers were stonewall. I do hope VAR comes in as it would disadvantage the old firm which incidentally is exactly why it won’t come in

14 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

The Boyce pen was debatable. The two red cards for Rangers were stonewall. I do hope VAR comes in as it would disadvantage the old firm which incidentally is exactly why it won’t come in

Surely the OF can arrange for our authorities to ensure that VAR is operated by Scottish Football Establishment people from both sides of Glasgow.

What a shame they can't do the same for referee appointments in European fixtures.

10 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

spot on, VAR only as good as the reviewers. Wonder if it'd have a better chance if those in the booth were granted anonymity? 

Given the dearth of quality re refs in Scotland, I think they should recruit from elsewhere for each match and I am not sure they necessarily need to even be refs. We are talking about someone neutral using technology  to look at evidence e.g. is the player offside or not using blue lines!

Waiting to see Gerrard’s thoughts on Celtic decision to sub Willie Collum yesterday. He’s been in good form for them of late, but fresh legs worked well re rejection of stonewall penalty for Motherwell being turned down.

Robertson was a solid contributor to “the cause” but even taking him off for the last 5 minutes would have killed some time, and let the new guy disallow Hearts goal and write it off as a “loosener, I was just on the field”.

Good to see Scottish football adding referee substitutions to further enhance it’s remarkable position on football association neutrality…..

Edited by naeclue

On 16/10/2021 at 23:04, Pasquale for King said:

So the guy leans on Boyce and knocks him over and falls too, exactly like the penalty Devlin got versus Motherwell. Not a foul? Why?

He’s just on the wind-up mate. Or a bluenose…🤢

The Herald apparently says Kingsley defended his actions squaring up to Bacuna after being grabbed at the throat. I assume Bacuna was unavailable to comment on his actions. 

On 16/10/2021 at 23:36, Pasquale for King said:

I think when you see it from behind you will see he put his arm across Boyce and push him then fall over as he’s a weight was on him. 

I acknowledge folk have different opinions, I’m more shocked when folk agree with me tbh 😱🤔🤪😂

ps wtf were you doing in with them and did you manage to keep cool when we scored?

Interesting question. I’d imagine you’d get an interesting “perspective” sitting in the Ibrox main stand…

Maroon Sailor

Think we all know if the Boyce incident was a Hearts player on a Celtic or Rangers player in that situation the ref is pointing to the spot

16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Think we all know if the Boyce incident was a Hearts player on a Celtic or Rangers player in that situation the ref is pointing to the spot

That’s a given - just like the Aribo tackle and the hand round Kingsleys  throat . Double standards are alive and well inside the refereeing fraternity at the SFA. It’s so blatant, it’s downright embarrassing - or it should be. The biggest embarrassment, however is the flagrant way that the media bend over backwards to cover it up. Sportscene on Saturday evening was nothing short of cringeworthy.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

That’s a given - just like the Aribo tackle and the hand round Kingsleys  throat . Double standards are alive and well inside the refereeing fraternity at the SFA. It’s so blatant, it’s downright embarrassing - or it should be. The biggest embarrassment, however is the flagrant way that the media bend over backwards to cover it up. Sportscene on Saturday evening was nothing short of cringeworthy.

Like the 2019 cup final - as soon as I saw Bobby coming out I looked at Collum.  No matter what I knew he was going to award a penalty if the Celtic player went down.

Brick Tamland
13 hours ago, King prawn said:

Boyce offside looked wrong to me

They had 2 which looked 2 or 3 yards off but weren’t given 

Challenge on Devlin is a red

Hands round Kingsley’s throat should have been a red

Every single counter attack we had we were brought down on the break - most given bookings but it irks me that our bookings seemed soft by comparison

Typical trip to Glasgow mind you 

And that’s the issue, these aren’t one off games we are talking about, it’s every single game and not just games against us, it happens to every single team that the uglies play with the exception of European games where they tend to be officiated without bias. Levein’s rant when manager of Dundee Utd being a great example of it not just being against us. 
And it’s not just against them, any team challenging them will get refereed a bit differently against other teams just to ensure the duopoly is maintained - Zal’s Red at Pitoddrie and an instant ‘no’ on the appeal being a perfect example.
I’m sure we could rattle of at least 100 incidents in 5 minutes that weren’t just honest simple mistakes and were just downright cheating. 
Perhaps it’s worthy of its own thread but some of the worst for me;

Brines sending Fysass off

McGregor wiping out Callum Elliot

Miko/Andy Davis game

Hartson elbowing Webster

Balde wiping out Chesney

Balde booting Bednar in the face

Barry Ferguson practicing basketball in front of the ref in League Cup semi

The Miller and Boyd tackles at Tynie 

Also remember a game where we were awarded 2 pens in a game by the ref that were overturned by a linesman 

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

These comments from Bartley make no logical sense at all.  Diving into an opponent's shin studs up and way off the ground isn't using "excessive force?"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-aribo-rangers-red-card-25234647

The only "excessive force" Bartley likes to employ is when he is attempting to "drive" his fingers up another players ronson!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Interesting question. I’d imagine you’d get an interesting “perspective” sitting in the Ibrox main stand…

Don’t think I could go in there. 

1 minute ago, PortyBeach said:

Why would any Hearts fan want to? 

Was in there once when I used to work in Glasgow and went with a couple of huns. Not a good experience. No idea what my thought process was at the time but would have involved bevvy.

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was in there once when I used to work in Glasgow and went with a couple of huns. Not a good experience. No idea what my thought process was at the time but would have involved bevvy.

🤣…but I’m assuming the match didn’t involve Hearts?

1 minute ago, PortyBeach said:

🤣…but I’m assuming the match didn’t involve Hearts?

Naw it did. JJ was boss and I used to drink in The Saltire bar near Paisley Road Toll with workmates fairly often. Got numerous offers to go along with folk in the two years I was there.

2 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

And that’s the issue, these aren’t one off games we are talking about, it’s every single game and not just games against us, it happens to every single team that the uglies play with the exception of European games where they tend to be officiated without bias. Levein’s rant when manager of Dundee Utd being a great example of it not just being against us. 
And it’s not just against them, any team challenging them will get refereed a bit differently against other teams just to ensure the duopoly is maintained - Zal’s Red at Pitoddrie and an instant ‘no’ on the appeal being a perfect example.
I’m sure we could rattle of at least 100 incidents in 5 minutes that weren’t just honest simple mistakes and were just downright cheating. 
Perhaps it’s worthy of its own thread but some of the worst for me;

Brines sending Fysass off

McGregor wiping out Callum Elliot

Miko/Andy Davis game

Hartson elbowing Webster

Balde wiping out Chesney

Balde booting Bednar in the face

Barry Ferguson practicing basketball in front of the ref in League Cup semi

The Miller and Boyd tackles at Tynie 

Also remember a game where we were awarded 2 pens in a game by the ref that were overturned by a linesman 

That’s some litany 😱. As you rightly say, “any team challenging…” is fair game.

And there’s the media. We used to laugh at the “scoops” around transfer interest in top players of challenging sides that would mysteriously appear on the eve of a match against an OF side. 
Alex Ferguson knew the score. That’s why he encouraged his players to get into the faces of referees and dispute decisions. 

7 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

These comments from Bartley make no logical sense at all.  Diving into an opponent's shin studs up and way off the ground isn't using "excessive force?"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-aribo-rangers-red-card-25234647

Its not the most eloquently put but hes right in many respects especially comparing Aribo and Porteous’s tackles. They are very different. A still photo doesn’t show the full story. Where I think he lets himself down is Aribo’s tackle was a red but the way it happened it is understandable why the referee only booked him. (This from someone who can not stand Bartley for his behaviour and his holier than thou attitude)