• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• manaliveits105

• Japan Jambo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Seymour M Hersh

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

A pointless summit, no one out there is willing to do what really needs to be done..

it would require trillions in investment and even then, how do you limit emissions when the globally population is near doubling every 50 years.  

As I say, no one is willing or able to do what would really need to done

That's the elephant in the room.

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Biden trolling Glasgow and Sturgeon by staying at the Dalmahoy Hotel 🏨 

According to another poster he was staying at MacDonald Houston House Uphall.

Салатные палочки

FFS what a shower. Biden falling asleep in his seat and having to be woken up by an aide. Prince Charles nearly falling on his arse as he goes up to make a speech. 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

FFS what a shower. Biden falling asleep in his seat and having to be woken up by an aide. Prince Charles nearly falling on his arse as he goes up to make a speech. 

A fitting metaphor for both those clowns. 

32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

A pointless summit, no one out there is willing to do what really needs to be done..

it would require trillions in investment and even then, how do you limit emissions when the globally population is near doubling every 50 years.  

Cut the male of the human species penises off?

20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

BBC and STV Glasgow milking this to make that feckin tip look decent. 

Get yer bins emptied and the rats dealt with ya shower of middens.

As my dear old Nan said "Ye canny polish a turd."

Apologies to an Glasgow based Jambos on here but I had to vent. 

Only place the Germans bombed in WWII and did £50M worth of improvements😉

Edited by John Findlay

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Only place the Germans bombed in WWII and did £50M worth of improvements😉

You never knew anyone who died in the blitz then, John.

It’s humour, I get it, but try saying now would be a good time and the thread would probably get closed.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yay Jimmy Krankie has met Greta 

photae opportunities 

wonder if Greta was mis-sold and thought she actually was meeting one of the Krankies?

manaliveits105

Nicky trying to come across as on Greta and the young teams side now to try and look good - obviously still huffing that she wasn’t invited to the important people’s gig 

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Cut the male of the human species penises off?

drastic but breeding should be controlled. Would solve more than one problem.

morons breeding more innocent little critters who are destined to be morons for example

kingantti1874
47 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That's the elephant in the room.

It is, no one out there brave enough to say it far less do anything about it.

Francis Albert
On 31/10/2021 at 16:18, coconut doug said:

From what i saw Greta was explaining that the UK's claim that they had done more than any other nation to combat climate change was hypocritical because currently they were not accurately measuring emissions and because the problems created by burning fossil fuels are cumulative. She emphasisied that Britain had been the first country to burn fossil fuels in large quantities and so had a greater responsibility to do something about it. Nothing about the UK having the temerity to have the industrial revolution.

Clearly we need to add decarbonising our history to the task of decolonising it. Every museum, every book, every school history leasson on the industrial revolution will have to be accompanied by an explanation of the harm the industrial revolution caused to the planet. Any statue of people like James Watt (and if there are any) of their decendents will need to be accompanied by a plaque "contextualising" it. Reparations to the victims of climate change must surely be made.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

According to another poster he was staying at MacDonald Houston House Uphall.

The spec was anywhere but the Weege.

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, Jeff said:

China are too busy assassinating people for comparing Xi to Winnie the Pooh to be bothered about this nonsense

... And locking up muslims in camps for reeducation. 

57 minutes ago, Boab said:

You never knew anyone who died in the blitz then, John.

It’s humour, I get it, but try saying now would be a good time and the thread would probably get closed.

My dad's whole family, had their tenement in Clydebank obliterated March 1941. My dad was 3 and a half years old, and seeing the tenement go as he was entering the air raid shelter is on of his earliest memories as a person.

My dad's family got evacuated to Coatbridge, it took them until 1956, to get back to Clydebank. My dad used to joke that his first flit was curtesy of Hitler's removal company.

manaliveits105

Sturgeon shamed: 'Mound of waste' washes up outside COP event as leaders arrive in Glasgow

Nicola Sturgeon and plastic rubbish in Glasgow

NICOLA STURGEON has been shamed for allowing Glasgow to be overrun with plastic waste as the city holds the COP26 climate summit.

Environmental campaigners have sounded the alarm bell on a "mound of floating plastic" seen on Glasgow's River Clyde this weekend. Startling photographs shared on Sunday appeared to show dozens of discarded bottles, plastic wrappers and footballs drifting on a makeshift barge of twigs and wood. The rubbish was said to be pooling around a ferry used by the organizers of The Extreme Hangout at COP26.

Biden staying at Dalmahoy, staying in the Vlad suite.  Heard there was dozens of snipers watching some terrible tee shots on the courses this morning.

35 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

My dad's whole family, had their tenement in Clydebank obliterated March 1941. My dad was 3 and a half years old, and seeing the tenement go as he was entering the air raid shelter is on of his earliest memories as a person.

My dad's family got evacuated to Coatbridge, it took them until 1956, to get back to Clydebank. My dad used to joke that his first flit was curtesy of Hitler's removal company.

Likewise. Family born and brought up in Govan, During the early war years before they were evacuated. Makes the joke a bit off is all I’m saying.

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Likewise. Family born and brought up in Govan, During the early war years before they were evacuated. Makes the joke a bit off is all I’m saying.

Each to their own Boab.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Clearly we need to add decarbonising our history to the task of decolonising it. Every museum, every book, every school history leasson on the industrial revolution will have to be accompanied by an explanation of the harm the industrial revolution caused to the planet. Any statue of people like James Watt (and if there are any) of their decendents will need to be accompanied by a plaque "contextualising" it. Reparations to the victims of climate change must surely be made.

Biden said in his speech today that the USA had legacy issues that had to be addressed. Even he understands that in general those who have caused the least problems are often those likely to suffer the worst effects. They are also those who have benefitted least from fossil fuel burning. 

It's not about blame. Reparations are for everybody in the form of a healthy planet. There is a policy that the polluter should pay let's see them do it. 

50 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori et inde aliquem iocum facit

Open to debate.

Malinga the Swinga

Heard some young activist on radio attempting to take WWF to o task for their record on indigenous peoples. Only problem was when challenged by WWF rep, she couldn't provide any examples and stuttered way through rest of interview.

Embarrassment of an interview.

JimboJambo1874

So prime ministers and presidents from across the globe fly to Glasgow for a climate summit. Oh the irony. Add to the that the fact that one of the key speakers is an 18 year girl, who will no doubt be desperate to share her many years of wisdom and you've got a bit of a circus. Par for the course these days. I'm not suggesting that the issue shouldn't be discussed, but I'm little tired of being preached to by the political and celebrity class who seem to operate on a do as I say not as I do basis.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Thought the Glaswegians were famous for sense of humour and supposed to be able to laugh at anything. Obviously not.

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

China are too busy assassinating people for comparing Xi to Winnie the Pooh to be bothered about this nonsense

Which if you are a communist dictator is fair enough.

JimboJambo1874

Why are China not present? They are polluters in chief and yet they're absent. This on top of the fact they sat on the covid outbreak and try to cover it up, until it slipped the border and spread. Are the rest of the world going to hold them to account for anything? Add to the list, a variety of human rights abuses and we are dealing with a nation which is one of the most corrupt on the planet. Can they be approached with a firm but diplomatic tone? I hope so. The alternative is a very serious proposition.

9 minutes ago, JimboJambo1874 said:

Why are China not present? They are polluters in chief and yet they're absent. This on top of the fact they sat on the covid outbreak and try to cover it up, until it slipped the border and spread. Are the rest of the world going to hold them to account for anything? Add to the list, a variety of human rights abuses and we are dealing with a nation which is one of the most corrupt on the planet. Can they be approached with a firm but diplomatic tone? I hope so. The alternative is a very serious proposition.

I think China is actually "represented" in Glasgow - its just Xi thats hiding. Same with Russia apparently.    Its questionable how much authority their presence in Glasgow will have though.    Maybe Putin & Xi have just told them to "play for time" and don't agree to anything.     

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Sturgeon shamed: 'Mound of waste' washes up outside COP event as leaders arrive in Glasgow

Nicola Sturgeon and plastic rubbish in Glasgow

Has she had a makeover or something ?  Maybe using new environmentally friendly makeup ?   She looks "different", somehow.

37 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I think China is actually "represented" in Glasgow - its just Xi thats hiding. Same with Russia apparently.    Its questionable how much authority their presence in Glasgow will have though.    Maybe Putin & Xi have just told them to "play for time" and don't agree to anything.     

He's fighting a real power struggle back in Beijing. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Biden said in his speech today that the USA had legacy issues that had to be addressed. Even he understands that in general those who have caused the least problems are often those likely to suffer the worst effects. They are also those who have benefitted least from fossil fuel burning. 

It's not about blame. Reparations are for everybody in the form of a healthy planet. There is a policy that the polluter should pay let's see them do it. 

The USA is by some margin the biggest contributor to climate change per head of population. Not sure what Biden means by legacy issues but they have enough current issues to be going on with. The chances of American life styles changing enough to even bring the US in line with its nearest competitor Russia are remote in the extreme. 

54 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The USA is by some margin the biggest contributor to climate change per head of population. Not sure what Biden means by legacy issues but they have enough current issues to be going on with. The chances of American life styles changing enough to even bring the US in line with its nearest competitor Russia are remote in the extreme. 

I saw a graph today with the the major players on it in terms of carbon per head of population. The USA is way in front with over 15, the EU was around 6, India was on 2.1, China around 8. 

5 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Has she had a makeover or something ?  Maybe using new environmentally friendly makeup ?   She looks "different", somehow.

It's windy.

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

She had a bit of work to make her look more like  Greta Tunaburger 

manaliveits105

100 countries will commit to deforestation by 2030 - well done and feck all to do with the attention seeking activists who in Patrick Harvey fashion will claim it’s down to them  

manaliveits105

2 kids 10 and 12 abseil from squinty bridge yesterday causing police and coast guard call outs 

their activist parents have been arrested - good 👍 

Seymour M Hersh
24 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

100 countries will commit to deforestation by 2030 - well done and feck all to do with the attention seeking activists who in Patrick Harvey fashion will claim it’s down to them  

Hopefully that's just a typo and you really meant re-forestation.

highlandjambo3
13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Here’s a point well missed by most:

There’s to many people and not enough space so, anyone care to drop a solution or two for that one.  I know people scoff at the amount of money spent on space exploration but…….we’re flitting in about 200 years…….we’ll when I say we I mean the Kate Burleys & Joanna lumlays amongst us (the rich and privileged)

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

I saw a graph today with the the major players on it in terms of carbon per head of population. The USA is way in front with over 15, the EU was around 6, India was on 2.1, China around 8. 

It was on here a page or so  ago. Russia was USA's nearest " competitor " with over 12. 

35 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Here’s a point well missed by most:

There’s to many people and not enough space so, anyone care to drop a solution or two for that one.  I know people scoff at the amount of money spent on space exploration but…….we’re flitting in about 200 years…….we’ll when I say we I mean the Kate Burleys & Joanna lumlays amongst us (the rich and privileged)

Interesting that as countries get richer the birth rate tends to drop off fairly quickly, there may well be a self correction.