• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• manaliveits105

• Japan Jambo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Seymour M Hersh

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Peakybunnet said:

Surprised it landed at Edinburgh. When I worked there only the French rugby supporters with a near empty fuel tank and minimal luggage 747 could take off as runway was to sort. 

I think the minimum runway length for a fully loaded 747 for take off is about 2200m, Edinburgh is around 2500m. I would imagine that AF1 is fitted with more modern, powerful engines so could generate a lot more power and speed on take off. 

Салатные палочки
59 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Does Biden leave tonight? 

I read that most of the heads of state are leaving tonight/tomorrow. The Aussies have already left. I would imagine if AF1 is leaving tonight then Biden will definitely be on it. Destination is Andrews Air Force base. 

Byyy The Light
10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

A monumental waste of time. Absolutely nothing will be solved from p*** like this. 

Agree. Ultimately it’s every single one of us who are to blame though.

27 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

perhaps if he stopped moving frivolous shite around the planet and turbocharging consumerism he might do more good? no one launching rockets into space in a billionaires weiner measuring contest has credibility in this matter, it's astounding that he is busy lecturing Jeanie Smith for driving a Euro 4 diesel while he is jetting around polishing his rocket.

A bit of self awareness please.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Hilarious so it is :lol: not just Di Caprio. 

BJ has just given the green light to a coal mine, new drilling licences off Shetland, lower tax on internal flights so people fly from Manchester to London etc etc etc at the same time as voting to dump fresh shit into all Englands waterways. 

What a complete ****ing waste of everyone’s time. 

No debate from me on this.  Though the aim and sentiment is laudable, The whole thing is and was only ever going to be a bad pantomime. With the carbon footprint of all attendees, especially their modes of travel, it might as well never have taken place. Why not hold it all online? It’s all pish and wind, bluster and bluff and all round profoundly hypocritical bollocks. 

Edited by SwindonJambo

Shooter McGavin
15 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Agree. Ultimately it’s every single one of us who are to blame though.

It’s painfully obvious that any meeting/summit attended by world leaders is just a photo op.

The planet is f***** beyond repair, nothing is going to save it now, too many factories spewing out s**** into the atmosphere 24/7, too many super wealthy people travelling everywhere in private jets. 

You’re a moron if you think the average joe taking the bus every now and again, or wiping your a*** with recycled toilet paper is going to make the slightest bit difference.

Don’t have children would be my advice. 

Byyy The Light
9 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It’s painfully obvious that any meeting/summit attended by world leaders is just a photo op.

The planet is f***** beyond repair, nothing is going to save it now, too many factories spewing out s**** into the atmosphere 24/7, too many super wealthy people travelling everywhere in private jets. 

You’re a moron if you think the average joe taking the bus every now and again, or wiping your a*** with recycled toilet paper is going to make the slightest bit difference.

Fundamentally our whole society and social structure is built around consumption and the idea of growth.  Until someone comes up with a solution to that conundrum we’re ****ed. 

We're not hearing anything about how the UN are going to "punish" those countries who don't even come anywhere close  to achieving what they say they'll achieve by the date they say they'll achieve it.   Specifically, Brazil - they've signed up to the 2030 target to stop net de-forestation.   Does anyone  think they're serious about this ?     

If the world is in the last chance saloon,  are the UN  ensuring that all new green technology blueprints gets shared freely among all countries ?    I could be wrong, but isn't the WHO ensuring that Covid vaccine technology is being made available  around the world ?

An irony of all this is that if the majority of us ordinary folk make significant lifestyle changes (like reducing travel and reducing the amount of  pointless sh1t we buy), guess who'll get the credit at the 2030 COP  ?   While still being bombarded by advertising campaigns to get us to travel more and buy loads of pointless sh1t.      🙄

11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Potus  has left the building 

thanks for coming 

Phew, runway worked out fine then!

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Phew, runway worked out fine then!

Nah. They didn’t make it of the ground,  Airforce One is currently trundling along the Newbridge to Broxburn road at 200 knots. 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

perhaps if he stopped moving frivolous shite around the planet and turbocharging consumerism he might do more good? no one launching rockets into space in a billionaires weiner measuring contest has credibility in this matter, it's astounding that he is busy lecturing Jeanie Smith for driving a Euro 4 diesel while he is jetting around polishing his rocket.

A bit of self awareness please.

Sheer poetry 👏

Debate night special on BBC 1. The answer is apparently we need to stop living as consumers and start living as citizens. We need to downgrade our standard of living and start leading simpler lives. 

13 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Debate night special on BBC 1. The answer is apparently we need to stop living as consumers and start living as citizens. We need to downgrade our standard of living and start leading simpler lives. 

That's going to happen anyway.

Theres not enough to go round.

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Mmh I would rather not  :toff:

7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Potus  has left the building 

thanks for coming 

We are right underneath the flight path here in Bathgate and heard it around 10pm....feckin loud....checked flight radar at the time [As im a geek / bored tool]....but couldn't see it....guess AF1 is hidden from that app ?]

Just after was another unusually loud one going over....that one was on flight radar and was a US air force plane heading to Washington.

Anyway, glad a few days here has resolved all issues and we are all saved....

15 minutes ago, moz said:

We are right underneath the flight path here in Bathgate and heard it around 10pm....feckin loud....checked flight radar at the time [As im a geek / bored tool]....but couldn't see it....guess AF1 is hidden from that app ?]

Just after was another unusually loud one going over....that one was on flight radar and was a US air force plane heading to Washington.

:lol: fellow geek in Uphall

Did the exact same thing.

Also noticed 3 flights coming into Edinburgh had to circle around the Peebles area at that time 

Edit

Will say, around that time every night, I notice quite a few flights dont show up.

Not sure why, transport planes??

Still wouldn't make sense for them not to be on.

Edited by Tommy Brown

14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Also noticed 3 flights coming into Edinburgh had to circle around the Peebles area at that time 

Edit

Will say, around that time every night, I notice quite a few flights dont show up.

Sad B******...... :)

Every plane gets caught in that Peebles time warp....our version of the Bermuda triangle I guess...

highlandjambo3
12 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Russia, India and China are not signing the methane deal which means it's worthless.

Oh and Leonardo DiCaprio has turned up. This is embarrassing theatre. If you think this convention is going to save the earth then seek help immediately.

Yes…..there is a few celebs due to turn up in the next week or so.   Obviously not to highlight the “look at me saving the planet” theme but just an attempt by the privileged to appear to care……..wonder what mode of transport Leonardo decapitated used to get to Glasgow…..easy jet or private jet, let me guess…..

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It’s a misconception that the planet is ****d…..Our existence on the planet is what’s at risk, the planet will be absolutely fine without us when we do eventually pop off.

14 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Yes…..there is a few celebs due to turn up in the next week or so.   Obviously not to highlight the “look at me saving the planet” theme but just an attempt by the privileged to appear to care……..wonder what mode of transport Leonardo decapitated used to get to Glasgow…..easy jet or private jet, let me guess…..

Why he isn't put on the spot and asked the question how he got here is beyond me.

Save the planet my arse. These people can't even read a departure screen in a train station for crying out loud.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Edit

Download Freedar.uk. It's like FR24 but shows up military aircraft. 

48 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

It’s a misconception that the planet is ****d…..Our existence on the planet is what’s at risk, the planet will be absolutely fine without us when we do eventually pop off.

Trouble is it's not only our existence.

In the last century we have decimated the animal kingdom.

Hagar the Horrible
14 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Surprised it landed at Edinburgh. When I worked there only the French rugby supporters with a near empty fuel tank and minimal luggage 747 could take off as runway was to sort. 

Its a military version of a 747, in an emergency it can take off a lot quicker/steaper.  Saw it fly past and it let off flares

Hagar the Horrible
3 hours ago, moz said:

its call sign is VC-25,  Airforce 1 and Marine 1 are just nicknames, and indeed if he flies in a cessna it gets nicknamed Airforce one.  Pretty spectacular watching it.  There was also some Fedex ones carrying their SUV's

Might never see it again, its pretty old now,  I never get bored of watching planes take off/land

9 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I'd welcome that. I'd like to think lockdown and surviving with less money and activities has made others welcome that too. Less chasing false material dreams, driving around countries for work and instead working locally and in a meaningful role for your community with a good work life balance and living a less materialistic lifestyle and instead taking pleasure from enjoying time, hobbies and the company of others instead of a fancy car, clothes or bigger house you're never in.

Maybe the 'the great resignation' is a sign people are ripe for change just now. 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Also this. It needs to start being phrased this way more too because people evidently don't care about the planet, but if they care about their future lineage having an existence they'll change.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That's their fault for tasting so good.

And for having fabled medicinal properties in the far east.  Those animals should migrate over here or stick to being ordinary food items.

highlandjambo3
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yeah heard it was flying quite low over that way 

Probably popped a few missile decoys as it flew over the weeg just in case, better to be safe eh

5 hours ago, the general said:

Half the Met seemed to be in the pub on Sunday 

They were certainly looking forward to meeting up with the protesters

Can they not make a cup of tea for themselves? If it was anything like XR protests down here they were dancing, singing and holding hands with them rather than doing a job of moving them off the road...

49 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Just saw footage of the fat, globally-irrelevant Etonian clown speaking to an empty room. 😁

Was Nicky's wee nose pressed against the window wishing she could get a turn?

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, the general said:

Half the Met seemed to be in the pub on Sunday 

They were certainly looking forward to meeting up with the protesters

What for? To dance with them, skateboard with them or perhaps offer them cups of tea? 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Probably popped a few missile decoys as it flew over the weeg just in case, better to be safe eh

You can never be too careful.

th-3.jpeg

manaliveits105

The activists decided that COP26 was a waste of time before it started - it doesn't suit most of thems agenda if it was successful 

The media decided that COP26 was a waste of time before it started - better news than goodnews 

The usual jkb experts and tory obsessed decided it was a waste of time before it started 

Jimmy Krankie didnt get in 

Greta said blah blah blah again 

the Americans worked out that Glascow is a bit of a shithole 

in reality some progress is being made and peoples awareness raised - some good will come from it.

maroonlegions

There is not a  chance in hell that the major multinational gas, oil , nuclear and electricity giants are ever going green..  Too much candy to loose. This world is ruled by money and will die by it.

252856788_10161401138930884_5283360554690631634_n.jpg

God love her.  She grifted the last few days to get a selfie and finally got one of her and the big cheese.  Reminds me of how Forest Gump always ended up everywhere. 👍

251904839_6408642519177610_1374078109009040921_n.jpg

15 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Mayor of Stockholm on news at COP26 - can we swop for ours 

03C2DC11-3E86-4BCC-898D-4665FBD4E30F.jpeg

Even i noticed that she is a bit of a stunner when i saw that too

Салатные палочки
17 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Mayor of Stockholm on news at COP26 - can we swop for ours 

03C2DC11-3E86-4BCC-898D-4665FBD4E30F.jpeg

Was that the one interviewed at the City Chambers? Caught my attention :loved: