Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Absolutely, but people take ages to scan a barcode for the tickets at times so add this in and there will be queues.

Also who checks them? I've not kept right up to date but I have the QR codes on my phone is that enough or do I need the paper copy? 

I'm gonna take both and have my drivers licence as normal in my wallet in case questions are asked. 

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Cant say Hearts will do the same, but was at Nick Cave last week at the Playhouse. Had to take the vaccination letter and the security also asked for another form of ID (which wasn"t listed as a requirement) fortunately had my driving licence with me but fairly sure a bank card/season ticket with your name on it would suffice. 

Or bus pass used at Let's Rock and TRNSMT.

I got my printed NHS Scotland Certificate of Vaccination as recently as August, however it doesn't show a QR code. From what I've read the "vaccine passports" must have this in order that it can be checked. Does this mean mine is obsolete already and I'll have to request it again? Call me a dinosaur if you will but I don't subscribe to the need for a smartphone.

An update from Hearts. This bit should be good news for our fans from outside Scotland. 

Supporters attending from the rest of the UK and the broader Common Travel Area (including Republic of Ireland) will be able to use their existing Covid Status apps with QR Codes or paper-based certificates. Visitors from outside the UK can use proof of vaccination from the country they were vaccinated in.

9 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Yes, I think the register button is in the top right hand corner on the screen you will be looking at.

Yeah thanks.  Got it sorted now.

38 minutes ago, heartened said:

I got my printed NHS Scotland Certificate of Vaccination as recently as August, however it doesn't show a QR code. From what I've read the "vaccine passports" must have this in order that it can be checked. Does this mean mine is obsolete already and I'll have to request it again? Call me a dinosaur if you will but I don't subscribe to the need for a smartphone.

They updated everyone's certificate recently. I too had a barcode on mine but no QR codes.

Check online again and look at your certificate, it should be different (QR codes).

Edited by heartsfc_fan

Best get there in good time since this is happening.

Queue to get into the wheatfield was right back up the street and round the corner last week and that's with no checks!

No longer active

The club should have a database of all season ticket holders. If so, it would be a simple add to have vaccine Y/N added to database surely!

56 minutes ago, heartened said:

I got mine ages ago without the QR codes too but I downloaded another one this week with the codes on and printed it off. As long as you've got your log on details it takes a few minutes.

12 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

The club should have a database of all season ticket holders. If so, it would be a simple add to have vaccine Y/N added to database surely!

I would have thought an easier way would be everyone goes the ticket office over next couple of weeks, with their vaccination passport. Once you do this you get a tick. At the end of 2-3 weeks if you haven’t been your season ticket gets blocked until you have proof of vaccination ….

Nothing to stop you handing your season ticket to a pal one game if you can’t go, but there are holes in every system???

Dennis Reynolds
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dunno, they might. 

But have it just in case. 

Why are folk over complicating this?

"can I see your covid passport" . 

"Nae bother" - hand over passport. 

"As it's a printed copy, can I see proof of I'd to make sure it's you" 

"Nae bother, there's my drivers licence." 

Then I carry on. 

If he doesn't ask for Id then great, I'll show them my covid passport and carry on through, scan my St and watch the game. 

What are folk expecting, a full strip down and rectal examination? 

Folk just like a moan tbh 😴 

It's a bit of a pain but can't see it being like this for too long.

Francis Albert
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Reading the link to the Government description of the vaccination certificate scheme brought home to me the unprecedented scope of state intrusion into people's lives. But at the same time the vagueness about what for example constitutes a reasonable level of checking by businesses and the discretion allowed for the Goverment to decide if and when these restrictions are ever to be lifted. Add the sheer silliness of puritanical arbitrary rules for example  about music and dancing in pubs before and after midnight. 

Anyway I have a choice as far as football is concerned. I can go through all the cost and added Covid related hastle of a round trip to by train or plane to Tynie or I can watch the game live on Hearts TV. Or walk down the road to see my local English level 5 club where I can stand on the terracing in a crowd of a couple of thousand and even have a pint in the ground. It is beginning to feel like an easy choice.

And lastly although I have a smart phone I am technically illiterate and so failed to understand the first sentences of instructions on downloading the certificate (English version). I had never used a QR code before Covid track and trace - indeed had always puzzled over what those little squares with squiggles were for.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

You're right.

The actual check will take seconds, it's people dicking about that will cause any hold-ups

43 minutes ago, heartened said:

My original covid certificate had no Q code, but before I left for France in early September an updated version was available which had two prominent codes, relating to each vaccination I think. This took about a minute to download and print in paper form, but I have a printer. I can't remember now if that came only as a PDF file or was  backed-up by an email, if so I can't find it in my old emails.

Surprisingly the above printed document was happily accepted in bars in France and also seemed to be readable by their Qcode readers, so I can't see why it should be a problem at Tynecastle, and the paper printed version will be enough anyway. 

I also have a 'Check In Scotland ' app with a Q code but I think that's about finding you if you go to a venue where an outbreak occurs.

As I understand it there will be a new app released tomorrow with a Qcode displaying your vax status to the venue, which I will be downloading.

As for the argument to vaccinate or not; I have no issue with people who don't want to be vaccinated, fine, that's their choice, but I do have an issue with people who won't take precautions to protect others like me and the population in general. If you don't want the vaccination fine, but just stay home.

This is the new normal folks. The danger now is of new variants taking hold by infecting unvaccinated people who, if there's enough of them, will provide a foothold for it. There is another agenda here too, and I'm all for it. The SG want to get the vaccination into enough people to reduce the chances of new variants taking hold, and it sounds like Hearts and Ann Budge understand that so they're doing their bit.

How many people who complain about state surveillance through Covid Apps also spend hours on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or whatever? So just download the latest SG App tomorrow, and go to the game. If you're not happy with vaccinations then just stay home.

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

It's to be a criminal offence to use someone else's proof of vaccination. 

It's on the website. 

Not quite correct "It is possible that an individual attending an event or premises who presents falsified information may commit an offence under existing law", you'd think they would have a clearer understanding of the law.

julienbrellier

This is so clearly going to be a disaster, not hearts fault just the Scottish government who have absolutely lost it with COVID now. 

20k checks on these vaccine passports going to be a nightmare and kick off will end up being delayed.

farce

12 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Got it downloaded to my phone but don't have a printer (broken) so surely showing certificate downloaded to phone should be OK?

If it's got the QR codes, that's what I'm taking.

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Reading the link to the Government description of the vaccination certificate scheme brought home to me the unprecedented scope of state intrusion into people's lives. But at the same time the vagueness about what for example constitutes a reasonable level of checking by businesses and the discretion allowed for the Goverment to decide if and when these restrictions are ever to be lifted. Add the sheer silliness of puritanical arbitrary rules for example  about music and dancing in pubs before and after midnight. 

Anyway I have a choice as far as football is concerned. I can go through all the cost and added Covid related hastle of a round trip to by train or plane to Tynie or I can watch the game live on Hearts TV. Or walk down the road to see my local English level 5 club where I can stand on the terracing in a crowd of a couple of thousand and even have a pint in the ground. It is beginning to feel like an easy choice.

And lastly although I have a smart phone I am technically illiterate and so failed to understand the first sentences of instructions on downloading the certificate (English version). I had never used a QR code before Covid track and trace - indeed had always puzzled over what those little squares with squiggles were for.

Well said. I’m completely uncomfortable with the vaccine passports and I’ve been double vaccinated. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

If it's got the QR codes, that's what I'm taking.

Same here.

Hopefully a screenshot will suffice.

At the Chelsea game they asked for proof of vaccination.

Showed my qr codes on phone.and was then told to proceed to gate.

No scanning involved.

Painless and fast.

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, Chong said:

It's not 20,000 people proving anything. Its random stop checks.

Yellow stars would speed it up though......

That patter is stinking btw. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, benny said:

No scanning involved.

Painless and fast.

Won't stop folk losing their shite over it. 

The folk moaning most about these safe guards will be the first to moan if there is any type of lock down again

They can't join the dots. 

32 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

This is so clearly going to be a disaster, not hearts fault just the Scottish government who have absolutely lost it with COVID now. 

20k checks on these vaccine passports going to be a nightmare and kick off will end up being delayed.

farce

It is spot checks for larger events, mate.

There is no number on what constitutes “ reasonable “ so I think it will go ok. 
Problem is, there can be queues and bottlenecks at Tynecastle, as we all know, so will any queues now be blamed on the VP ?

This should be straight forward, fans arguing will be what causes the issue here. I was at Wimbledon in the summer and everyone had to show proof of a negative test. It was a fairly smooth process. 

57 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Clearly written message and with a nice subtle undertone of frustration with the SG's roll out of this scheme.

Yip, and quite right too to have a wee paragraph at the end, reminding supporters of their frustration. It’s been handled badly and clubs are quite right to be peed off.

scott herbertson

Fortunately I'm away this weekend otherwise I'd be spending a lot of time trying to sort out a passport - hoping this administrative task has gone away by the time we get round to the next match otherwise I'll have to get out of lazy erse mode and do something about it

signed, double vaccinated but no idea when!

A clarification or change is people 'should' prove an excemption. Proof was to come in later. Hearts have clarified you will be refused entry without proof. 

Edited by Mikey1874

The Wrinkly Ninja
14 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Not got a bar code as I received my two injections from my doctor so do I have to phone the doctors for a letter.

no

Go to the same place as everybody else to get the certificate, doesn’t matter who gave the vaccine the info should be uploaded to the same place by the vaccinator and it’s from there you get the certificate.

If you follow any of the links or just google ‘vaccine certificate’ it will say do not contact your GP.

You would only need to contact your doctor if they had vaccinated you and not updated the TURAS system with details of the vaccinations.

Francis Albert
30 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Not got a bar code as I received my two injections from my doctor so do I have to phone the doctors for a letter.

Good luck with that if your surgery is anything like ours. Even in normal  times it takes two weeks to get a referral letter.

1 hour ago, julienbrellier said:

farce

More stewards on Saturday. Still, get there early 🙌

1 hour ago, julienbrellier said:

farce

Spot checks for Saturday which means a random sample. No idea what the number will be but it will be nowhere near 20k. More likely to be circa 1,000-1,500 ie 10%-15%  of the gate. 

Agree it’s a farce but not the doomsday you paint. 

It's not really a spot check if they want us to rock up with our paperwork ready. It'll be interesting to see if they ask people who don't have it to hand.

Francis Albert
58 minutes ago, benny said:

No scanning involved.

Painless and fast.

And pretty pointless if the code isn't scanned. When track and trace was being enforced in  bars and restaurants just pointing your phone at the QR code was usually enough. If you tried to  sign in properly and the QR didn't respond you were just waved through.

Sure it will be much the same here. A requirement for unspecified reasonable spot checks is unenforceable. It is about being seen to do something. If cases increase it will be despite precautions and would be worse without them. If they decline it will be because of the precautions. There is no criteria for romoving the precautions so if they are seen to be "working" they will remain in place.

1 hour ago, jambo mark said:

I would have thought an easier way would be everyone goes the ticket office over next couple of weeks, with their vaccination passport. Once you do this you get a tick. At the end of 2-3 weeks if you haven’t been your season ticket gets blocked until you have proof of vaccination ….

Nothing to stop you handing your season ticket to a pal one game if you can’t go, but there are holes in every system???

As the system is to make sure that everybody entering the ground has a vaccine certificate rather than everybody who buys a ticket, the only way to check has to be at point of entry. I agree that your way may be easier but it wouldn't do the job imo.

Shanks said no

If it’s just a random sample then get a steward on each gate, roughly 40 turnstiles, check the first 50 through each one, 2,000 checks and job done. 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If it’s just a random sample then get a steward on each gate, roughly 40 turnstiles, check the first 50 through each one, 2,000 checks and job done. 

I would imagine no one will turn up without the right documentation .

14 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I would imagine no one will turn up without the right documentation .

To be fair I imagine some will turn up with the wrong documentation. 

20 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Look up random. 😄

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair I imagine some will turn up with the wrong documentation. 

Possibly, will they require the actual copy that is posted out to you , think that copy is needed for airports.

Or the one you can download from the NHS vaccine site, i have that one, my wife needed the posted copy

for her work.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Possibly, will they require the actual copy that is posted out to you , think that copy is needed for airports.

Or the one you can download from the NHS vaccine site, i have that one, my wife needed the posted copy

for her work.

Best take the posted one. Anything else may look suspicious 🤔

Shanks said no
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Look up random. 😄

A point well made, Hearts email doesn’t use the word random, merely spot checks but I concede these too should be random. 

Will just have to arrive early. 

Are Aberdeen allowing the Celtic hordes in on Sunday?

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

A point well made, Hearts email doesn’t use the word random, merely spot checks but I concede these too should be random. 

Will just have to arrive early. 

Are Aberdeen allowing the Celtic hordes in on Sunday?

Should be interesting if they are, given their past history of good behaviour. 

2 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

farce

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Yip, and quite right too to have a wee paragraph at the end, reminding supporters of their frustration. It’s been handled badly and clubs are quite right to be peed off.

I've got a 180 mile round trip to the game. My problem right now will be to get enough fuel to do it.

Just another Westminster farce.

3 hours ago, heartened said:

It took me less than five minutes to go on the NHS website, register (and you are already registered) and download the document that included QR codes.

If I was you I'd do that. Then you can print the new document and shred the August version.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

😴 

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I've got a 180 mile round trip to the game. My problem right now will be to get enough fuel to do it.

Just another Westminster farce.

General public this time.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)