Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

16 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:
16 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Is it not part of the season ticket policy that it should only be used by the owner? Not sure the club cares that much but more chance than usual of it being noticed and you getting sent to mrs budges office for 6 of the best or worse!

On 28/09/2021 at 23:11, jr ewing said:

As long as he has proof of I'd he'll be 👌

Cheers, I'll maybe see if they cross check vaccine passports with tickets at the Motherwell game and head to the ticket office at some point if they do.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Just to re-iterate that the Terrace is for discussion of football matters. If you want to discuss wider Covid issues and/or the politics around it then take it to the Shed!!!

11 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

The obvious thing  is for the club not to implement the COVID vaccine protocol until it’s fully tested. Based on past experience the chance of a government developed app working on an iPhone/ android  on the day it is released are zero. We are about to see a perfect storm of incompetence that sadly will affect many genuine supporters.

That's probably why the club have said they will accept either digital or a hard copy. 

I have it on my phone but I plan to take a paper copy as well 

Ainsley Harriott
12 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Civil liberties & human rights remain unchanged.

Calm doon. 

In what way is taking a medical certificate to a football match not a change?

Absolute Scenes
18 hours ago, 1953 said:

Any point in asking you to do a LFT before you go? That way it won't matter as much as the chances are you won't be asymtomatic.

i wont be there mate dont worry, i was just jesting. I dont fancy turning up to queue all that time only to be turned away. I'll be streaming from now on

18 hours ago, Guitarman said:

If hearts bring in this bullshit I will not be back and they've lost a supporter of 53 years 🤷‍♂️

So it must be you that brings in the cans of lager to have before the game and at half time!!!!  Thanks for introducing yourself!!!

You do realise that the club has NOT choice in this as it is going to be a Law of the Land?!?!?

Get a grip.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Not much different from being asked to show proof of age when in a pub.

Just a simple way of establishing if you can legally enter the ground. 

They're not exactly asking for your full medical history 

Hagar the Horrible

I think it could be added to your season ticket.  Putting pressure on stewarding who get paid 10 bob an hour and getting abuse because somebody cant remember what pocket he put his letter in (yeah thats probable me) gets refused entry for a game he has paid a ticket for.

Its an important doc, I dont like to carry it about,

So should a refund be offered by the government?

Can you get another NHS letter sent out as you have lost it at a bleeding football match?

What about those of a certain age cant get online to order the letter or use a smart phone?

Oh and breaking news the legal challenge to this to get it delays has just failed

8 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think it could be added to your season ticket.  Putting pressure on stewarding who get paid 10 bob an hour and getting abuse because somebody cant remember what pocket he put his letter in (yeah thats probable me) gets refused entry for a game he has paid a ticket for.

Its an important doc, I dont like to carry it about,

So should a refund be offered by the government?

Can you get another NHS letter sent out as you have lost it at a bleeding football match?

What about those of a certain age cant get online to order the letter or use a smart phone?

Oh and breaking news the legal challenge to this to get it delays has just failed

just in case people ask here is a link to the bbc article about the legal challenge delay failure

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58747315

Maybe a good idea for thoese who have printed out the certificate to show before being prompted by a steward thus taking the onus off them asking? This may also alllow for Covid checking targets being reached early and allow easier access to the ground for others who may not have been able to download proof of both jabs!!!

4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Civil liberty - stop trivialising the matter. 

civil liberty

noun
  1. the state of being subject only to laws established for the good of the community, especially with regard to freedom of action and speech.
    "security measures can be taken without seriously compromising privacy and civil liberty"
    • a person's rights to be subject only to laws established for the good of the community.
Edited by NANOJAMBO

Dennis Reynolds
15 minutes ago, Towzer said:

When is the app happening??

Was meant to be launching today. There is still a lot of today left but I would have expected it by now tbh considering the rules are in place from tommorow.

19 minutes ago, LMc said:

Was meant to be launching today. There is still a lot of today left but I would have expected it by now tbh considering the rules are in place from tommorow.

Even if it does launch today (doubtful) there will be issues with it. Guaranteed.

I’m unsure as to why everybody is asking about an app?

I’m in the unfortunate boat of having had one dose and can’t get my second until the 20th of October so I’m only going to be effected for this coming game, after that I’ll be fine.

But I didn’t have a letter for my vaccine at all because it went to an old address. I still was able to get a username, create a password and download a PDF copy of my Vaccine status that shows my one dose, the QR code etc etc.

If you’re waiting on the app you’ll need to do everything I done, as well as download the app. 

Once you’ve got the PDF just screenshot it and you’re golden. The QR codes are there, although I’m not even sure they’ll get scanned in all honesty, as is all of the required information. I.E how many doses you’ve had, your name and when you got them. 

Was incredibly easy to access and like I said I didn’t have a letter with any details on it because I haven’t changed my GP since I was a wee lad and I’ve moved many times since. All I needed to know was the date I got my first vaccine at the drop in centre. 

I do admittedly feel for the older generation who might not get paper copies in time and could legitimately miss out unfairly.

Edited by Squirt

On 29/09/2021 at 14:24, Guitarman said:

If hearts bring in this bullshit I will not be back and they've lost a supporter of 53 years 🤷‍♂️

Firstly, it isn't bullshit.

Secondly, it isn't Hearts bringing it in, it's the Scottish Government. 

Thirdly, bye drama queen! :wave1:

On 29/09/2021 at 14:35, jonnothejambo said:

What is wrong with some people ?

After all we've been through and a few are cutting off their nose to spite their face. 

Is showing proof of vaccine such an onerous task ?

For some people, sadly, any amount of inconvenience, no matter how small, is more important to them than any amount of suffering and death to others.

On 29/09/2021 at 15:27, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its not going live until the 11th october, but the policy starts from the 1st october, so we are in a test mode, so leagally can they refuse admission if you bring the wrong documentation

I have no isse going abroad and a government official reviewing my medical records, but I do with some Steward

All of this is a clear breach of the GDPR May 2018

It's going live on 1st October, not 11th.

4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

For some people, sadly, any amount of inconvenience, no matter how small, is more important to them than any amount of suffering and death to others.

Some are just too lazy 😴

21 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Vaccines reduce the risk of death but don’t eliminate it altogether - Full Fact

Fully vaccinated people have a 885% higher chance of death due to Covid-19 than people who are unvaccinated according to official data – Rights and Freedoms (wordpress.com)

I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm not for second suggesting that you are not genuine in your post, however there's a lot of misinformation out there.

The two links above might help people make their own minds up. The second one is from the 'Daily Expose' which might be a sister organisation of the Daily Express (maybe).

I'm not going to click the link as the sheer dodginess of the headline makes me think the site must be extremely dodgy, but that second one absolutely reeks of bullshit!

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, Hazzaru said:

Maybe a good idea for thoese who have printed out the certificate to show before being prompted by a steward thus taking the onus off them asking? This may also alllow for Covid checking targets being reached early and allow easier access to the ground for others who may not have been able to download proof of both jabs!!!

And allow easier access for piss heads who leave the pub at 5 to kickoff!

12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm not going to click the link as the sheer dodginess of the headline makes me think the site must be extremely dodgy, but that second one absolutely reeks of bullshit!

If it smells like shite, it probably is shite !

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

They are no doubt happy to stand five deep in a pub waiting to be served but feck me heaven forbid they leave a wee bit earlier to show their vaccine passport. 

Wasting valuable bevvy time.....

After smashing through about 20 units of alcohol in a few hours they're the crew that will not take the dodgy trial vaccine as it might have long term effects. 

🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

After smashing through about 20 units of alcohol in a few hours they're the crew that will not take the dodgy trial vaccine as it might have long term effects. 

🤣🤣

I know some folk who will talk all day about the side effects of the vaccine but as soon as you mention the more serious symptoms of Covid they just dismiss it as inconsequential. Covid had become a very polarising and sometimes irrational discussion these days. 

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I know some folk who will talk all day about the side effects of the vaccine but as soon as you mention the more serious symptoms of Covid they just dismiss it as inconsequential. Covid had become a very polarising and sometimes irrational discussion these days. 

I am fully vaccinated and will remain so. But the fact is that for the vast majority of people without underlyng health conditions or not  old the symptoms of Covid are mild or nonexistent. 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

I am fully vaccinated and will remain so. But the fact is that for the vast majority of people without underlyng health conditions or not  old the symptoms of Covid are mild or nonexistent. 

I guess it comes down to the scientists and younger people being more likely (or not) to transmit it to the more vulnerable. I need to be fully vaccinated due to chronic health issues but decided, before I even got double jabbed, it was time to crack on with normal life again. I’m weary of it all now tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You don't honestly believe that. 😲

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Every discussion becomes irrational nowadays. 

The polirising of debating sides is sad-

Climate change 

Brexit 

Blm

Independence 

Covid 

Earth being flat... 

Bobmeister 😎

In politics the middle ground is knackered. 

Folk feel obliged to take it to extremes and social media in particular feeds into that. 

No one listens nowadays. 

However, some folk are also  just horrible, daft, selfish arseholes.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I guess it comes down to the scientists and younger people being more likely (or not) to transmit it to the more vulnerable. I need to be fully vaccinated due to chronic health issues but decided, before I even got double jabbed, it was time to crack on with normal life again. I’m weary of it all now tbh. 

I haven't seen much evidence that the vaccinated vulnerable or even the vaccinated in general are much exposed to infection by the non-vaccinated but unlike those with closed minds will look at any evidence there is.

Agree with cracking on with normal life but that is being made unnecessarily complicated IMO.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Aye, and that will never change, viruses when running riot do not mutate and get worse. 

Also covid could in no way have longer term effects, both known and unknown. 

Such a  short sighted and ridiculous thought process that I find it funny when folk come out with this shite. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Climate change 

Brexit 

Blm

Independence 

Covid 

Earth being flat... 

Bobmeister 😎

Folk feel obliged to take it to extremes and social media in particular feeds into that. 

No one listens nowadays. 

Always other people of course.

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, and that will never change, viruses when running riot do not mutate and get worse. 

Such a  short sighted and ridiculous thought process that I find it funny when folk come out with this shite. 

I didn't of course  say anything like your first two paragraphs suggest.

A new variant of Covid  or of another virus or  a new virus could arise at any time. 

Edited by Francis Albert

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100% correct. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

100% correct. 

Tbh, I hope the covid passports come out for any larger gathering, even pubs, clubs ect and games that have less than 10k, Aberdeen games for example 😂

Folk not getting it  other than for real health reasons are just selfish arseholes, putting all of us at more risk than need be. 

Even things like polio vaccine rates have dropped as folk believe and peddle the pish they read from the far right nut jobs. 

Hopefully folk don't kick off on Saturday and folk that are struggling with proof get it if not for this game the next game. 

Anyone refusing the vaccine - nae luck enjoy ppv or sky sports news and those that are complaining about having to show proof get over the trauma quickly and enjoy the game, which we'll win. 

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Climate change 

Brexit 

Blm

Independence 

Covid 

Earth being flat... 

Bobmeister 😎

No one listens nowadays. 

I do think social media plays a big part. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

4.791 million dead. And this is likely massively undercounted given the sparsity of data from India, Africa and from countries led by cov idiots

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

and this despite the huge success of vaccines and public health measures. 

that’s is  fact. 

That’s the thing though. When you look into it, it’s not really a fact at all. The data is sketchy as **** and includes terminally ill and people with long term chronic conditions. How many of those 4.791 million would have died within 12 months anyway? Impossible to tell, just as the figures are impossible to decipher. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's going live on 1st October, not 11th.

No tommorow its in place but wont be enforced now until the 18th, moved from the 11th as they dont have a clue about what they are doing.  In essence we are now in a trial period, but I predict an abject failure as we are the only eejits doing this farce,  The App is nowhere near ready.

Edited by Hagar the Horrible
spelling

41 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If the 'minority' number is sufficiently big, then I think we should still care.  As others have said, it's also about how the infection is passed to more vulnerable group. 

The response from government has been patchy at best.  Interesting to watch as previously celebrated ways of tackling the crisis by country have turned to abject failure through the lens of the media.  

So are they not using passports to gain entry to bars or restaurants yet? They are where I live. Bars and restaurants can opt out but can then only serve takeaway or outside on the patio. See how well that goes in a couple of months when it could be -20c😂

58 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

This highlights part of the problem, selfishness (I'm not saying you are), its the 'this won't affect me' attitude with no concern about the risks to others. 

Edited by Hesh

been here before
32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

4.791 million dead. And this is likely massively undercounted given the sparsity of data from India, Africa and from countries led by cov idiots

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

and this despite the huge success of vaccines and public health measures. 

that’s is  fact. 

That site shows 98% of people who get Covid survive it.

You've really not though that through have you :rofl:

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Not sure how they work that out either. I’m sure we all know people who think they’ve had Covid but never even bothered getting tested. Unless they died nobody will ever know they had it. During the first lockdown, if you displayed symptoms you were told to stay at home, not to go out and get tested, again no count of them anywhere. Accurate data is pretty much impossible. 

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Does that mean you have a one in fifty chance of croking if you catch Covid. 

What are the chances of non fatal serious illness and disability ? 

YOU have not thought it through. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Does that mean you have a one in fifty chance of croking if you catch Covid. 

What are the chances of non fatal serious illness and disability ? 

YOU have not thought it through. 

What have I to think through?

Im not the dafty using a shite site to try and prove something.

To think kinganti sits there calling others covidiots and window lickers.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)