****Official Hearts v Hibs Match Thread****

Wee Mikey

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Does he not usually play on the right?

I meant going down our left side.  Thought about that post saying they might see that as our weakness.  

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

We have lost the last 2 home league matches against them and won the last 2 away

It does suggest that home advantage is just not quite as certain as you might think

I'm glad away fans are present and that this will be reciprocated in the future

We've had a good start to the season but so have they and despite all the bravado we can display they will not be short of confidence

For us we have players to bed in and need to come to a more clear decision regarding our 'first 11' and style of play........we just don't know how good players like McKay, Devlin, Moore, Woodburn are or will be this season in addition some of the squad have not played with us long enough to clearly decide one way or another.

All clubs will have similar predicaments I'm sure given the limited number of matches played

Looking at the squad I think we need a couple of the new signings to come good to improve the first 11 and that is the unknown factor at this time but today will be a good test of where we stand......have we signed a couple of footballing diamonds or just another couple of pencils ?

I'll always back us at home despite it not being a recent fortress in the top division and the same today but I doubt it will be a clear cut victory, no one will care if victory is achieved.

...andFulton'sBaggio
50 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Good morning fellow owners

LETS GET INTO THEM 

C59ED960-56C4-4CE8-AED9-3628C9AD0547.thumb.jpeg.e23ca4c8b7011f4a99647ab53a01aeac.jpeg

Yessssssss! Let's blow these little media darlings to smithereens!

Cheers! :D

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Song for Boyle

Who’s that going down in the box 

Is it a diver? Is it a diver?

Who’s that going down in the box

Is it a diver? Is it a diver?

Too “What’s that coming over the hill” by The Automatic.

This should be be one of the first songs today. Let do it before he attempts it rather than leaving it till it’s too late. We should be aiming to influence the ref and use our home advantage. It might even catch on at other grounds so he can’t get away with it.

45 minutes ago, jambonian said:

So, game today....can't even predict how it'll go, not because Hibs are great but pace will be the difference in this one. If Boyle plays we could be in trouble down our left side. No doubt we'll be playing a fullback as a left-sided centre-half yet again so this could be the difference in them getting anything or not. Our weakest side in the team, their strongest. It'll be all down to how Neilson sets the team up. If he goes defensive and have the usual side-to-side passy stuff we're walking straight into their hands. If we attack, the movement of others will be the difference. Without looking at his record against them, i think Neilson has only beaten them twice, both games when they missed penalties. The 2014 first game of the season we won 2-1 and Liam Craig missed one, and the semi last season at Hampden when Nisbet missed his. Had he scored we may not have got a penalty up the other end. Heart says Hearts win, head says draw. Hard to predict. I'll record the game and watch it this afternoon  (or not) once i know the score.

I'm predicting that our crossing game will rip the arse out of their dreadful defence and it will be about us taking some of those chances. Let's not get caught up worrying about them - they'll do their usual long diagonals over the top to try to release Boyle. Nothing new from a bunch of long ball merchants. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

BARRIE MCKAY INTERVIEW: 

https://t.co/ZFirkoDBGr

Should really have put this up yesterday as I imagine everybody’s a few pints deep by now. 

3-1 Hearts today, Boyce anytime 😬

Reads appreciated

Seems we have a really good team ethic and the players believe they can achieve something here. 

The next few years are going to be good. 

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

I'm predicting that our crossing game will rip the arse out of their dreadful defence and it will be about us taking some of those chances. Let's not get caught up worrying about them - they'll do their usual long diagonals over the top to try to release Boyle. Nothing new from a bunch of long ball merchants. 

Hope so cause our crossing been honking for ages

Hibs, hoofball?  You can't rewrite soccer history... 

They invented athletic poetry, well as far as they are concerned 

Bazzas right boot

That is what they have done for the past few years now, hit the corners with big punts and hope for the best. 

In saying that we need to be careful it doesn't catch us out, in the past few seasons all teams had to do was sit in and punt it over the top and we'd **** it up somehow. 

The good football thing is the biggest myth outside rangers being the same club currently in world football. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Hope so cause our crossing been honking for ages

IMO we've not had enough bodies in the box, the crossing has been decent at times. 

Hard to pinpoint Boyce out of 6 players imo. 

Need support arriving from the midfield imo. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

IMO we've not had enough bodies in the box, the crossing has been decent at times. 

Hard to pinpoint Boyce out of 6 players imo. 

Need support arriving from the midfield imo. 

Also doesn't help when he's too deep

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I wonder if Devlin will start.....

Do you know something Jonno? A bit of Aussie hard yakka up their billabongs?

Just before I leave I'd like to also mention an important factor

Discipline....not only personal in such as highly charged atmosphere but also tactically as set out by the management team

There are a few 'first time' derby debutants in our side and lets hope the Craig Gordon's, Michael Smith's etc take charge and remind them acting the hard man will not bring success..............I hate when players are applauded from the park after an act of stupidity which leads to a sending off.

Many a derby is won or lost just because an individual wants to demonstrate he 'cares' to the fans when  I'd rather they gave their all using their footballing brain/physical effort and showed us that side of them.....that is caring to me

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Also doesn't help when he's too deep

Agreed. 

This is as much an issue as the crossing imo. 

Haring, Haliday etc  and the opposite winger should be in there along with Boycey. 

Hopefully that comes with our new signings in midfield. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed. 

This is as much an issue as the crossing imo. 

Haring, Haliday etc  and the opposite winger should be in there along with Boycey. 

Hopefully that comes with our new signings in midfield. 

🤞

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Just before I leave I'd like to also mention an important factor

Discipline....not only personal in such as highly charged atmosphere but also tactically as set out by the management team

There are a few 'first time' derby debutants in our side and lets hope the Craig Gordon's, Michael Smith's etc take charge and remind them acting the hard man will not bring success..............I hate when players are applauded from the park after an act of stupidity which leads to a sending off.

Many a derby is won or lost just because an individual wants to demonstrate he 'cares' to the fans when  I'd rather they gave their all using their footballing brain/physical effort and showed us that side of them.....that is caring to me

Who was the last Hearts player to get sent off against them? Had a quick look and it seems to be Augustyn back in 2016 - 16 derbies ago 

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Ok I'd have started Gino but him and McKay on bench are quite the legs to bring on, same Devlin

No McEneff or Walker on bench. We've built a decent squad is what that tells me, and with Logan and Pollock still to also start competing

Bazzas right boot
Just now, milky_26 said:

That bench is lovely. 

Gino will be in last 30 no matter what. 

Haring gives us a bit of a physical and ariel threat ( compensates for Cochrane and Kingsley) but imo he needs to play a bit further forward, doesn't need to sit on Beni. 

Haring first goal for me. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I've bought a Now TV day pass but I can't see the game anywhere on their listings, although it shows English premeirship games later today.  Is it just not up there yet or have I spent £9 I needn't have?

EDIT - ignore that, I wans't looking on the right listing.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Piss-poor IT practices on my part

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Disappointed Ginnelly doesn't start. Glad to see Kingsley back though.

Interesting to see if Kingsley lcb or lwb. Merits to both

Just now, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

I've bought a Now TV day pass but I can't see the game anywhere on their listings, although it shows English premeirship games later today.  Is it just not up there yet or have I spent £9 I needn't have?

look for the sky sports football channel

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

No I don't know anything mate apart from the factvm that he has impressed the manager and his coaches.

It was just a bit of a gut feeling as his energy and pace would be good against their midfield.

I thought the same, but he's on the bench. Let him get a look at them all, bring him on after HT to bewitch them with weird Aussie slang!