Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Figures from PHE.

20210910_090232.jpg

So you're telling us that these people are likely to pass on the virus to unvaccinated people?

Better keep the unvaxxed out of mass events to stop them from catching it and taking up hospital beds then.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Figures from PHE.

20210910_090232.jpg

do you have a link to that and saying it is figures from PHE does not count as anyone can create a picture

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not just here 

I still find how they present things quite confusing.

'Prevented by 90%'

What does that actually mean? A reduction in ICU admissions of 90% or the individuals risk of being admitted drops 90% or 90% of infections don't require ICU admission?

Prevented by 90% as a statement itself sounds like an oxymoron.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Anyone agreeing to a vaccine passport is agreeing to be injected whenever the government sees fit to do so. They now control you. 

:rofl:

16 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Figures from PHE.

20210910_090232.jpg

These figures really are very interesting. So for most adult age ranges it clearly shows being double jabbed increases your chances of having COVID. How do we explain that? Does this imply that once the efficacy of the vaccine wanes (after around 4 months) the vaccinated are left in a more vulnerable position than they started and are more susceptible to catching it? Quarterly Boosters for life?

The link to all the data is here by the way : https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1016465/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_36.pdf

36 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Figures from PHE.

20210910_090232.jpg

26 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

My argument is against vaccine passports not the effectiveness of the vaccine.

So you are saying the vaccine IS effective?

11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Seems so . It’s an obsession 

Obsessed you say. How many posts do you have on this thread and who has the most posts on this thread?

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Anyone agreeing to a vaccine passport is agreeing to be injected whenever the government sees fit to do so. They now control you. 

You don’t “ agree “ with a passport, it’s something that has been brought in. 
Like lockdown !

I take it you disregarded that and went about your normal day ?

If not, you were under control as well.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news !

35 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I still find how they present things quite confusing.

'Prevented by 90%'

What does that actually mean? A reduction in ICU admissions of 90% or the individuals risk of being admitted drops 90% or 90% of infections don't require ICU admission?

Prevented by 90% as a statement itself sounds like an oxymoron.

Anyone able to explain the above?

Cheers 👍

4 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Maybe been mentioned before, but what's to stop someone  with a passport who has covid attending an event or a nightclub?

Nothing.  

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

You don’t “ agree “ with a passport, it’s something that has been brought in. 
Like lockdown !

I take it you disregarded that and went about your normal day ?

If not, you were under control as well.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news !

Much as I didn't agree with it I wasn't discriminated against. 

15 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

These figures really are very interesting. So for most adult age ranges it clearly shows being double jabbed increases your chances of having COVID. How do we explain that? Does this imply that once the efficacy of the vaccine wanes (after around 4 months) the vaccinated are left in a more vulnerable position than they started and are more susceptible to catching it? Quarterly Boosters for life?

The link to all the data is here by the way : https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1016465/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_36.pdf

what you are not taking into account is the severity of the infection. if you look at table 5 in your link it shows it significantly reduces the chances of death having both vaccines from between 4-10 times. it is just another example of selectively chosing data to fit your own argument

image.thumb.png.d219007afca026dc3adf610574a3f454.png

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So you are saying the vaccine IS effective?

Sigh. It will be for some people for others it is an unnecessary risk. But it should be the individual choice without government coercion to take it. If it is effective you don't need others to take it. 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

what you are not taking into account is the severity of the infection. if you look at table 5 in your link it shows it significantly reduces the chances of death having both vaccines from between 4-10 times. it is just another example of selectively chosing data to fit your own argument

Hey no, I do get that bit and agree this looks good for preventing deaths and I guess is as expected. I just thought the unusual cases data was more interesting and more relvant to the vaccine passports debate. Im interested in your explanation of the data showing the vaccinated adults are more likely to catch COVID? 

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

No its not. This is about passports but it shows that the vaccinated are more likely to pass it on than the unvaccinated after a few months. This making any argument for passports redundant unless we are mandating 3 month boosters.

2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Vaccination is not and never will be mandatory. Downloading the app or carrying a certificate is not and never will be mandatory. YOU are in full control over whether or not to be vaccinated. Exactly as it should be.

2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Or we could make an informed choice, weighing up the risks and benefits. The same as we did this time.

Some folk will just point blank refuse without thinking about it.

Ainsley Harriott

How is the process of checking vaccine passports going to be managed at the turnstiles? Will there be additional staff checking vaccines and if so will the government be picking up the cost?

18 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Sigh. It will be for some people for others it is an unnecessary risk. But it should be the individual choice without government coercion to take it. If it is effective you don't need others to take it. 

It's mainly for personal benefit the vaccine. I don't really mind if you don't take it. Suggesting others shouldn't take it is the problem.

Edited by Mikey1874

3 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Or we could make an informed choice, weighing up the risks and benefits. The same as we did this time.

Some folk will just point blank refuse without thinking about it.

Were you told you would need never ending boosters?

Were you warned about any risks?

How informed were you?...

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

How is the process of checking vaccine passports going to be managed at the turnstiles? Will there be additional staff checking vaccines and if so will the government be picking up the cost?

Machines to be used, presumably hand held devices that will be pointed at the QR codes on the letter or your download on your phone apparently.  My guess would be that this would be more sensible to do before you get to the turnstiles.  This is what is happening at football grounds in England where has been in place.

4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Boosters probably won't happen this year. Maybe for the most vulnerable only. 

So in terms of risks a blood clot is far more likely if you get Covid. 

Edited by Mikey1874

24 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's mainly for personal benefit the vaccine. I don't really mind if you don't take it. Suggesting others shouldn't take it is the problem.

If it's mainly for personal benefit the chart above certainly highlights why anyone under 50 might not bother and may even suggest to others not to bother.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's mainly for personal benefit the vaccine. I don't really mind if you don't take it. 

I wouldn't expect you to. Just as I don't care about your vaccine status or if you have any other iffy diseases.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Boosters probably won't happen this year. Maybe for the most vulnerable only. 

Remember when they said the vaccines would only be for the old and vulnerable? 

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Vaccination is not and never will be mandatory. Downloading the app or carrying a certificate is not and never will be mandatory. YOU are in full control over whether or not to be vaccinated. Exactly as it should be.

so the school bully demands the victim's lunch money or he will beat him up... the victim has a choice so that is acceptable?

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's mainly for personal benefit the vaccine. I don't really mind if you don't take it. 

E-xJMlbWYAIUi_p.png

8 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That's definitely something people should be concerned about surely?

You'd think, but if you call other people selfish loud enough and often enough you start to believe it. 

In the same way that housing, pensions, the voting system, environmental policy, Brexit and much of the UK is stacked to favour the old, Covid hasn't been much different.

Edited by Taffin

16 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Machines to be used, presumably hand held devices that will be pointed at the QR codes on the letter or your download on your phone apparently.  My guess would be that this would be more sensible to do before you get to the turnstiles.  This is what is happening at football grounds in England where has been in place.

Good citizens are known to queue in an orderly manner.

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So in terms of risks a blood clot is far more likely if you get Covid. 

The risk we are discussing here is that after a few months the vaccinated are MORE likley to catch COVID than those not vaccinated. So that short term gain of reducing deaths (for a few months after vaccination) has a longer term negative impact on your ability to fight off a virus? Were you informed about that likelihood when you took the vaccine? 

9 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

E-xJMlbWYAIUi_p.png

35 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

Hey no, I do get that bit and agree this looks good for preventing deaths and I guess is as expected. 

Just now, JoeBugner2 said:

The risk we are discussing here is that after a few months the vaccinated are MORE likley to catch COVID than those not vaccinated. So that short term gain of reducing deaths (for a few months after vaccination) has a longer term negative impact on your ability to fight off a virus? Were you informed about that likelihood when you took the vaccine? 

We weren't informed of very much in fairness. They call it a Covid jab but I'm still unsure whether I was vaccinated against a virus or a disease 😂😂

12 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Remember when they said the vaccines would only be for the old and vulnerable? 

It is still the case that the vaccine does reduce the spread. 

So you are looking at overall numbers. It's now being said 12-15 getting the vaccine will be the tipping point to help get hospitals back to normal. 

39 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Much as I didn't agree with it I wasn't discriminated against. 

Fair enough. The point I’m making is you were under the control of the rules at the time. 
I disagree with the way they have implemented this, so I take your point in the discriminating aspect of this latest rule. How 9K people can attend a game with no checks and 10K do, doesn’t make sense to me. 
It’s these aspects which create dissent and confusion. 
Either bring it in across the board or explain the reasoning behind the levels set. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is still the case that the vaccine does reduce the spread. 

So you are looking at overall numbers. It's now being said 12-15 getting the vaccine will be the tipping point to help get hospitals back to normal. 

reduces the spread? Can you explain these case numbers please? E-38QeIUcAM7qkY.thumb.jpg.f300aa7face068b49c2ddeeb247da3f6.jpg

Edited by JoeBugner2

30 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Yes we were told way back at the start that boosters were likely. I was also told about potential side effects.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes we were told way back at the start that boosters were likely. I was also told about potential side effects.

Every few months? Is everyone getting told about side effects?  Fair enough if that is the case.

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Every few months? Is everyone getting told about side effects?  Fair enough if that is the case.

Every few months? I've not had any boosters at all yet.

33 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Nobody has been told they will need never ending boosters, if they do get told it then they can make an informed decision at that point.

I knew the risks involved and how they compared with my chances of becoming seriously ill or worse should I catch the virus.

I think I've been pretty well informed, you?

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

No I don't remember that.

Neither do I, what I do remember was that it was the old & the vulnerable would recieve the jab first.

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

Fair enough. The point I’m making is you were under the control of the rules at the time. 
I disagree with the way they have implemented this, so I take your point in the discriminating aspect of this latest rule. How 9K people can attend a game with no checks and 10K do, doesn’t make sense to me. 
It’s these aspects which create dissent and confusion. 
Either bring it in across the board or explain the reasoning behind the levels set. 

Fair enough. There is no rational of course as with all the other nonsense they have inflicted on us.