• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• TheBigO

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I want Sibbick in there, he's turned them down twice and has some kicking to do

Not sure I'd pick him above Haring or Cam to be honest, but I'm not phased if he has to play.  Very good chance he'd give us a Darren Barr performance.

I don't see them handling our front 4, supported by Kingsley, Atkinson and Souttar.  I just don't see them coping with us.  The midfield need to be a real engine room, keep our energy up, keep wits about us.  As I say, Beni perfect for that, but happy enough if Toby steps in.

What we'll miss from Beni is him putting his foot on the ball and calming it down when needed, but again we have others who can do this.

10 hours ago, leipzig76 said:

I thought this was a thread about Beni ? An awful lot of it says not. Can we not just stay on topic ?

Good grief, it’s just been a wee bit of fun with the two newcomers.

Once we hear back from Seamus, we’ll toe the line, sir.

Sorry 

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Not sure I'd pick him above Haring or Cam to be honest, but I'm not phased if he has to play.  Very good chance he'd give us a Darren Barr performance.

I don't see them handling our front 4, supported by Kingsley, Atkinson and Souttar.  I just don't see them coping with us.  The midfield need to be a real engine room, keep our energy up, keep wits about us.  As I say, Beni perfect for that, but happy enough if Toby steps in.

What we'll miss from Beni is him putting his foot on the ball and calming it down when needed, but again we have others who can do this.

At least we get to try these things out before the big one 😅 

been here before
10 hours ago, leipzig76 said:

I thought this was a thread about Beni ? An awful lot of it says not. Can we not just stay on topic ?

tenor.gif.1641d1fb9fba7af2518221fe3661367c.gif

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That's next to impossible in a derby, especially against this current Hibs team. I hope Beni is back soon but a midfield two of Haring and Sibbick is potentially close to perfect for a game like I think this one will be. Physical, able to win high balls in midfield, good defenders, but with proven skill and composure in the middle too, and Haring is a more than capable passer from deep on his day. If we play the same game with our centre mids charging into the box to get on the end of things as they've been doing, maybe the only tweak we'd need to make is try to cross it a bit higher when attacking if Simms and one of Haring or Sibbick could be the likely targets.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo

If Beni is out long term, new contract needed for Haring urgently and it could be a great opportunity for McGill or Connor Smith to come into the first team reckoning start of next season if Beni's still out.

50 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Good grief, it’s just been a wee bit of fun with the two newcomers.

Once we hear back from Seamus, we’ll toe the line, sir.

Sorry 

Have no fear; Uncle Seamus' progeny will be there, and back oan the bus just after ½ time.

Screenshot_20220324-173125_Gallery.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Have no fear; Uncle Seamus' progeny will be there, and back oan the bus just after ½ time.

:rofl:

Rick Sanchez

Devastated if true. We're talking November/December return...

Chances are no European football for him either 😔

29 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Sorry have a missed something? Out for 8 months???? 

Just now, Thomaso said:

Sorry have a missed something? Out for 8 months???? 

Nothing official yet. Just the JKB itkers saying it.......for now. 

Unknown user
55 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's next to impossible in a derby, especially against this current Hibs team. I hope Beni is back soon but a midfield two of Haring and Sibbick is potentially close to perfect for a game like I think this one will be. Physical, able to win high balls in midfield, good defenders, but with proven skill and composure in the middle too, and Haring is a more than capable passer from deep on his day. If we play the same game with our centre mids charging into the box to get on the end of things as they've been doing, maybe the only tweak we'd need to make is try to cross it a bit higher when attacking if Simms and one of Haring or Sibbick could be the likely targets.

I want Toby running around, kicking hibs players ASAP

Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Nothing official yet. Just the JKB itkers saying it.......for now. 

Aye I'm 50/50 whether he is it not. Could be genuine could also be a wee attention seeker on here 

44 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I thought he was kicking Russian Ass in Ukraine whilst waiting on his pension coming through.

17 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Aye I'm 50/50 whether he is it not. Could be genuine could also be a wee attention seeker on here 

The guy is normally spot on so unfortunately I’d say it’s true 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

If Beni is out long term, new contract needed for Haring urgently and it could be a great opportunity for McGill or Connor Smith to come into the first team reckoning start of next season if Beni's still out.

Pretty sure we will be signing much better midfield players than Haring, Smith or McGill this summer. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Yep, really tragic for the guy. 
Suspect it may have ruined a big summer move for him as well. 

jamboinglasgow

Hope that it is a case of misheard length of injury and its not as long as that, otherwise that is really gutting for us and Beni.

Obviously it’s a big blow for the rest of the season, however for the first time for as long as I can remember I have complete faith in our recruitment process, so going into next season I’m confident we will have added real quality to the squad and Beni’s return will just add to what will be a very good side.

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Obviously it’s a big blow for the rest of the season, however for the first time for as long as I can remember I have complete faith in our recruitment process, so going into next season I’m confident we will have added real quality to the squad and Beni’s return will just add to what will be a very good side.

No problem for next season, but THIS season it is a massive blow! ☹️

I do not believe in 'fate'; but, in full Polyanna mode, could the silver lining be that Beni stays with us rather than getting 'poached' by Portsmouth?

I mean to say that he recovers well and we benefit in the long term.

19 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why aren't Hearts confirming the severity of his injury? 

They're waiting on uncle seamus to confirm 

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

I thought he was kicking Russian Ass in Ukraine whilst waiting on his pension coming through.

Apparently, the crusader you refer to thinks that the erm... ladies in Lochend should ‘form an orderly queue’ on his return from Ukraine.  🤧

Graingerdanger
6 hours ago, DS98 said:

Because I know a player 

Fact unfortunately 

We did try to tell you this 2 days ago but oh no everyone just wanted to ridicule an innocent uncle who was trying to inform fellow jambos

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Graingerdanger said:

We did try to tell you this 2 days ago but oh no everyone just wanted to ridicule an innocent uncle who was trying to inform fellow jambos

I enjoyed the ridicule, the bad news not so much. Mixed bag so far GD!

50 minutes ago, Graingerdanger said:

I think you will find there is aspects of your post there which are factually inaccurate. Will leave you to work out which bits 🤘🏻 🇱🇻 

1 hour ago, Graingerdanger said:

My God!

You're not shy, are you?

Innocent uncle my foot!  🙄

Fellow Jambos.  :rofl:

30 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think you will find there is aspects of your post there which are factually inaccurate. Will leave you to work out which bits 🤘🏻 🇱🇻 

Tricky.

:greggy:

1 hour ago, Graingerdanger said:

Graingerdanger has an innocent uncle. 👆

And Robdawg has an innocent sister. 👇

Robdawg

Posted Tuesday at 22:29  On 22/03/2022 at 22:24, Morgan said:

I think the only person that ‘shares’ with you, is your sister.

Unwillingly, I’d imagine.

That’s it. Come up to upper N next match. And you can apologise for talking about my sweet INNOCENT sister. You’ll get chased back down

8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Graingerdanger has an innocent uncle. 👆

And Robdawg has an innocent sister. 👇

Robdawg

Posted Tuesday at 22:29  On 22/03/2022 at 22:24, Morgan said:

I think the only person that ‘shares’ with you, is your sister.

Unwillingly, I’d imagine.

That’s it. Come up to upper N next match. And you can apologise for talking about my sweet INNOCENT sister. You’ll get chased back down

😎👍

FarmerTweedy
On 22/03/2022 at 19:56, The White Cockade said:

Get lots of fairy tales on here

One poster said he saw Beni after the game on crutches and in agony

Anorher poster saw him after the game and said he was in great spirits and not worried about his knee 

No idea why people make up stuff and then pretend they are itk

I saw him cleaning the main stand windows yesterday. Told me his knee's knackered but he's not that bothered because he's now making plenty money from the window cleaning contract! 

The White Cockade
6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I saw him cleaning the main stand windows yesterday. Told me his knee's knackered but he's not that bothered because he's now making plenty money from the window cleaning contract! 

Can Uncle Seamus confirm this ? 😂

FarmerTweedy
39 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Can Uncle Seamus confirm this ? 😂

Uncle Seamus is completely unfamiliar with the concept of 'clean'!

Watt-Zeefuik

Robbie's statements are somewhat readable on this. We've joked about how "week or two" means six weeks. He's always trying to put a good spin on the injuries.

I kept reading "there's no use worrying about it" and thinking, probably no chance we'll see him this season and he'll miss a bit of next.

Extremely unfortunate to say the least.

This is the time to be offering Beni a new deal. He will be into his last 2 years by the start of next season, id be offering him a new 3-4 year deal.

If he is to be out injured long term it's probably our best chance at getting him tied down. And while we're chucking out new deals Barrie McKay can have one too please :)  

Edited by jamb-oz

Hopefully beni isn't out too long, He is a fantastic player, however on the plus side it might allow us to keep him longer than we expected too? I just hope he can be part of the cup final squad (providing we make it of course) if possible, failing that the European games next season as he deserves some reward for all the hard work he has put in this season.

Its a real blow hopefully Cammy is back for the Semi.

The Old Tolbooth

Sickening news as we have a major engine with him in the middle of the park, how long until Cammy is fit again? 

On 22/03/2022 at 18:51, Robdawg said:

Just heard he’s out for 9 months. Gutted if he is…

Shared this first and I was accused of being a hibs fan 😂 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Opportunity for Pollock or McGill next season until then ample coverage, our strength is in the team, not individuals 

The very fact that Seamus and the rent boys have gone quiet, is actually quite worrying.

Perhaps old Unc (Only Fools and Horses) knew his onions after all?  🤷🏿‍♂️

KyleLafferty

If he’s out we need cammy for the derbies. Happy with Haring and cammy. But after that we don’t have much for centre midfield. Pollock could have played against Ross county but obviously better if he’s playing every week 

On 24/03/2022 at 18:47, soonbe110 said:

Pretty sure we will be signing much better midfield players than Haring, Smith or McGill this summer. 

Much better than Haring? He's been tremendous for the vast majority of the season.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Much better than Haring? He's been tremendous for the vast majority of the season.

We'll sign better tho. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury