Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury

wattie exploited

10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, but it proves we can afford better than Haring so your original comment was incorrect. 

Matter of opinion. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• TheBigO

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I reckon we'll play Haring and Sibbick in the next two league games. I know there's no such thing as a meaningless derby but the first one in the league is as close as it comes. Field as many young players as we can in that one and let them find their feet in a derby. Which ever ones look settled will be fully ready for Hampden.

I like that pairing for the Hibs game in particular, unless Devlin is fit. We have plenty of attacking threat from our front 4 and Atkinson, plus Souttar or Halkett from the back. Like the idea of two big lads in there focused on winning the ball and giving it to the more creative players. McKay has to be our key man for the semi.

Guest ToqueJambo
33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, if we go into the semi without Beni, Soapy, Devlin and Smith the game is a 50/50 in terms of result. Our stick on favourite status would be gone

Which wouldn't be a bad thing. I disagree it would have that detrimental an effect on our team, unless this is you playing mind games. We have a good squad. Halkett and Kingsley have proven to be a good pairing at the back and Atkinson is very good in an attacking sense - on the big Hampden pitch he could be vital. I honestly don't think there will be much football played in the middle in the semi final, so a pairing like Haring and Sibbick could be perfect. 

On 19/03/2022 at 19:03, been here before said:

Aye thatll be it, his cruciate. Thats why he was out on crutches 20 minutes later trying to work out how to hobble up the steps to sit behind the dugout.

On 19/03/2022 at 20:23, been here before said:

Evidently.

His eyesight and common sense also seems lacking.

You are not as clever as you think. That said let's hope Beni recovers from his cruciate injury and comes back the player he was before.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury

Hopefully Beni will be back next season fitter and hungrier as he will have missed out on a Scottish Cup Winners Medal.

Superb signing and what I love is how much the guy appreciates his chance and shows in every game he plays, and we supporters certainly know how good this guy is, he will be sadly missed.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It’s not much consolation, particularly as we are in the chance of the Cup, but if he is going to have this type of injury the timing is pretty good as we won’t be playing competitively for 6 to 8 weeks of his injury as we don’t need to enter the pish early stages of the groups on the Diddy Cup.

Although I was banking on the European games adding a couple of £mill to his value…

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Gutted for the lad. Really gutted. Haring and Sibbick I’m sure will be able to come in and deal with that shite though. MacEneff and Halliday will be good options to come on 

A_A wehatethehibs

Absolutely gutted about this, he has been a great wee player for us so far. Speedy recovery Beni. 

All about Peter Haring now. The MVP at the club to the end of the season now 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Matter of opinion. 

It's not. 

It's just you talking shite. 

GlasgoJambo

Disappointing to say the least. We’ve got decent cover but Beni in a starting line up gives so much confidence. 
Could be the making of Sibbick however; not got the ball retention quality of Beni but may add a bit more in penetration.  

The Wrinkly Ninja

Gutted for him now that it has been confirmed but looked all along like damage to a cruciate given the way the leg moved.

One prominent poster on here who has been here before also looks a bit foolish.

Tough break, but hopefully he recovers well and in a timely fashion.

Beni is one of our best players imo, and I know the goals weren’t spectacular, but it was encouraging seeing him get in the right positions to pick those up. Started great for us and was getting better.

Get well soon big fella.

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Good debate 👌 

If you don't think Hearts can't afford a midfielder better than Haring in the future then it's not a debate. 

You are simply wrong. 

Just admit it was a daft comment, entrenching yourself is just making you look drafter. 

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If you don't think Hearts can't afford a midfielder better than Haring in the future then it's not a debate. 

43qrff.png

I hate double negatives, never mind double negatives leading into a negative.

I have no idea what's going on here

TuckerCarlsonsToupee

Jean Genet, the jean genie, started as a vagabond, a crook, a ne'er do well and, through the force of his talent and the power of his intellect, became an iconic, totemic, figure in literature.  He took things that, under the meagre talents of others, would have been dismissed as mere erotica and obscenity, and crafted poetic visions of the universe.

So too, the gorgeous Congolese, Baningime.  He has arrived at Heart of Midlothian with no name to speak of, and has become a transformative figure.  Elevating those around him from the gutter, guilty of sometimes obscene performances, and helping them to reach the stars, to forge new visions of what the team could be.

By which I mean, of course, that he's a lovely footballer and his absence will be felt keenly, sharply and painfully in coming weeks.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Smithee said:

43qrff.png

I hate double negatives, never mind double negatives leading into a negative.

I have no idea what's going on here

Apparently We can't afford a better midfielder than Haring, despite us getting a better than Haring just last summer. 

🤷‍♂️

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Apparently We can't afford a better midfielder than Haring, despite us getting a better than Haring just last summer. 

🤷‍♂️

It seems unlikely that all midfielders better than Haring are outside our reach

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It seems unlikely that all midfielders better than Haring are outside our reach

Correct. 

A ridiculous concept. 

Gutted for the lad! He's been a top signing this year, I hope we reinforce in the summer with another real quality midfielder, perhaps we might even need 2 midfielders if Haring is leaving, especially if we are going to have a few European games next season.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You are simply wrong. 

Just admit it was a daft comment, entrenching yourself is just making you look drafter. 

Drafter?

7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Gutted for Beni but I think we'll be fine. 

I would agree but hopefully sibbick or haring can cover in the short term

19 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, if we go into the semi without Beni, Soapy, Devlin and Smith the game is a 50/50 in terms of result. Our stick on favourite status would be gone. 

Soapy and Devlin will be back surely?

TyphoonJambo
34 minutes ago, bigmack said:

Soapy and Devlin will be back surely?

There's some rumour, unsubstantiated, kicking about that Soapy needs an op!

john thomas
7 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I would agree but hopefully sibbick or haring can cover in the short term

This is why the 'better than Haring' debate is completely pointless .

Haring , in general , is backup to Beni , Devlin . 

Question should be can we get a better back up ?

Unlikely , imo

3 hours ago, john thomas said:

This is why the 'better than Haring' debate is completely pointless .

Haring , in general , is backup to Beni , Devlin . 

Question should be can we get a better back up ?

Unlikely , imo

Question should be, can we get better than Beni? To get to the next level, for example winning games in the group stages of European games, we need continual improvement in all positions and will (arguably) have the money to do so.

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

It’s amazing how many times these shit unsubstantiated rumours are proven correct! ☹️

23 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Which wouldn't be a bad thing. I disagree it would have that detrimental an effect on our team, unless this is you playing mind games. We have a good squad. Halkett and Kingsley have proven to be a good pairing at the back and Atkinson is very good in an attacking sense - on the big Hampden pitch he could be vital. I honestly don't think there will be much football played in the middle in the semi final, so a pairing like Haring and Sibbick could be perfect. 

Maybe but I would have been totally confident that we would give them a right humping with a fully fit Beni, Souttar and Devlin in the team. 🤷‍♂️

On 29/03/2022 at 18:36, soonbe110 said:

Yep, if we go into the semi without Beni, Soapy, Devlin and Smith the game is a 50/50 in terms of result. Our stick on favourite status would be gone. 

My thoughts entirely - mind you I’m the ultimate Jambo panic merchant! 😣

TyphoonJambo
26 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It’s amazing how many times these shit unsubstantiated rumours are proven correct! ☹️

Until I hear it from Seamus it's shit unsubstantiated. 

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Maybe but I would have been totally confident that we would give them a right humping with a fully fit Beni, Souttar and Devlin in the team. 🤷‍♂️

This. 

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

My thoughts entirely - mind you I’m the ultimate Jambo panic merchant! 😣

I’m your twin. Hate when we draw them in cup competitions despite our great record against them. 

4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Question should be, can we get better than Beni? To get to the next level, for example winning games in the group stages of European games, we need continual improvement in all positions and will (arguably) have the money to do so.

👍👍absolutely. No-one in our first  team squad should feel comfortable if we are to make progress season after season. 

Whatever gameplan/team selection re our midfield and centre back needs to be put in place now, so that game time/gelling can be maximised (and even if things dont workout it would give us a change to change it before the semi) stick with it rather than chop and change - unless getting us nowhere. 

19 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Whatever gameplan/team selection re our midfield and centre back needs to be put in place now, so that game time/gelling can be maximised (and even if things dont workout it would give us a change to change it before the semi) stick with it rather than chop and change - unless getting us nowhere. 

Agreed 👍

wattie exploited

if he is going top be out for not far off not quite a year I hope hearts ask him to sign up on another year extension  so we don't lose out on having him fit in the team playing for 3 years :rifle:

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thanks for you're contribution this season Beni 👍

We will miss you that's for sure. 

Here's to him coming back even better and stronger too👍👍

Will be a big miss for the cup and am gutted for the kid but with third in the league pretty much assured there could be a small blessing in disguise. I was expecting a summer of interest in Beni which is not a lot less likely with him injured, we keep him for next season through a European campaign (during the heights of hopefully we get him tied into a longer contract) and it is likely that Robbie will now offer Haring a new contract which most of us were hoping. Everyone’s a winner or bonnet de douche as the say in the dordogne.

Savage and Co have their work cut out already this summer…..

Replace Souttar and Beni…..plus Haring and find a couple of forwards.

Busy summer ahead…..

On 30/03/2022 at 14:16, TypoonJambo said:

Half right. He’s had it. 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Half right. He’s had it. 

What we talking? If it’s Achilles again he’s played his last game for Hearts and won’t see pre season with Rangers either.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Savage and Co have their work cut out already this summer…..

Replace Souttar and Beni…..plus Haring and find a couple of forwards.

Busy summer ahead…..

Exciting summer ahead hopefully 

2 hours ago, Leisham38 said:

What we talking? If it’s Achilles again he’s played his last game for Hearts and won’t see pre season with Rangers either.

It’s related but not quite the same injury. It all depends on his recovery time. I’d say he has a chance for the last couple of games and the final.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

It’s related but not quite the same injury. It all depends on his recovery time. I’d say he has a chance for the last couple of games and the final.

So he’s out the semi…. Great🥲