***Official Celtic v Hearts LC Match Thread***

colinmaroon

colinmaroon

From the Hearts page of NewsNow tonight:

Celtic 6-0 Hearts: Ange Postecoglou wins his first league game in charge of the Hoops Mail Online16:52

Predictive text can be really stupid but predictive scoring by the upset Celtic supporter who posted that is really, really stupid!

PS The Mail Online had it right in the report.  Well, even a dead clock is right twice a day!

Edited by colinmaroon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• daavojaay

• Cruyff

I think he should rest Boycie, give Gnando a start, see what he can do, that’s if he can find his boots ?😄

He absolutely doesn’t rest Boyce. 

We can win this. Just need to get in their faces and knock them off their stride. 

Tennant's  6's
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He absolutely doesn’t rest Boyce. 

We can win this. Just need to get in their faces and knock them off their stride. 

Exactly. 

Plenty if time to rest players, but not now. 

Boyce is key to our success, and we can succeed there, with the right approach and a bit of luck.

We've got to take both Cup competitions seriously as it's our only chance of silverware.  We've gotta win the Leagud Cup at some point 

Totally different game from the opener at tynie, good result for both teams at weekend.  Would love a result but difficult to see past them at home 

We need to keep pressure on their back four or they will swamp all over us.

Would like Gnando up front as best option to hold onto the ball.

Henderson could do job up there too with his pace and physical strength. Gino was poor on Saturday so maybe dropped to the bench but an impact sub later on.

Boyce can't be dropped as our best striker.

We will need to battle it out to stay in the competition. Battles at the Tattiedome usually mean bookings ( for us anyway) so we are going to be up against it unfortunately.

However it could be a chance for somebody to take their chance and be a hero. 

VagabondJambo
1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

We need to keep pressure on their back four or they will swamp all over us.

AND put pressure on Hart - rusty, past it, and blunder-ful!

Had Celtic struggled against Dundee, we had a chance of getting something. As it stands, I hope it’s not a big defeat. 

CloustonHMFC

Can't see anything but a home win, I'm afraid. Not overly fussed either, if we follow it up with another couple decent results in the league.

davemclaren

Got to play a full strength team and try and win this. The odds are very much against us but this is one of two trophies we have a hope of winning this season. 

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Why would we rest Boyce? 

Hopefully we don’t. They will be up for it - that’s a cast iron guarantee 

But … it ain’t beyond the realms of possibility that we can do it. 

The bit I’m more confident about now is that we could match them in the middle of the park, or at least make it difficult for them. 

Nothing to lose so we just need to give it our all, and have a real go at them. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Hopefully we don’t. They will be up for it - that’s a cast iron guarantee 

But … it ain’t beyond the realms of possibility that we can do it. 

The bit I’m more confident about now is that we could match them in the middle of the park, or at least make it difficult for them. 

Nothing to lose so we just need to give it our all, and have a real go at them. 

The new striker seemed to have a brilliant game at the weekend. Big test for our defence. 

Play a couple of strikers up top and go at them, their defence is very weak. I would think that no Hearts fans will begrudge us losing 3-2 or 4-3 if we have a right old crack. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

The new striker seemed to have a brilliant game at the weekend. Big test for our defence. 

He does look like he will be a good player for them.

Agreed - We will need to be at our best at the back, but pleased with how the defence has been so far this season

Getting Soapy back has really helped. It’s all about confidence as well. If we can get a good result then that would be huge.  

The Mercer Takeover

If Neilson wants to get supporters back onboard, he must go all out and have a go here.

We can win this.

2-3 Hearts

Ted Hastings
4 hours ago, King prawn said:

Had Celtic struggled against Dundee, we had a chance of getting something. As it stands, I hope it’s not a big defeat. 

We put 6 past that mob on our first home game of last season, shouldn't be a factor imo 😉

As others have alluded to with this celtic team the best form of defense is attack, need to get at Starfelt and whatever makeshift CB partner he plays with, plus shoot on sight with that dandruff'd eejit in goals. 

upgotheheads

Given that this will be a sell-out (presumably) and Hearts will get a share of the gate less expenses, plus tv money, it will be a decent pay-day at least. 

6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Given that this will be a sell-out (presumably) and Hearts will get a share of the gate less expenses, plus tv money, it will be a decent pay-day at least. 

Don’t think it will sell out.

Sunday KO and on TV, granted that’s Premier Sports, think you’re looking at 40K.

11 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Anyway, seriously, does Robbie rest Boyce?

Might as well give Craig Gordon a day off as well. Souttar too. In fact just concede. It’s only the diddy cup.

Narrow Celtic win. Even if we lose I'd like to see us putting in a decent performance in Glasgow for a change. Shiting ourselves before we pass harthill has got boring now.

3 hours ago, Boab said:

Don’t think it will sell out.

Sunday KO and on TV, granted that’s Premier Sports, think you’re looking at 40K.

The bonus is the old firm have one of these automatic ticket schemes they sign up to which will boost numbers 

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I've predicted 2-1 wins for us the last couple of weeks so I'll stick with that again 

That'll do me.

10 hours ago, VagabondJambo said:

AND put pressure on Hart - rusty, past it, and blunder-ful!

100% this. Every shot should be followed up. He doesn’t hold anything 

Mr Elwood P
15 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

If we rest Gordon it could, never mind should, be 10 …

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Might as well give Craig Gordon a day off as well. Souttar too. In fact just concede. It’s only the diddy cup.

One of only 2 trophies we can win.  I’d like to see us win it before I’m pushing daisies up.  Our record in this competition is beyond embarrassing and I’d like to see that change but sadly I can’t see it on Sunday. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

When did Celtic ever sell out a home league cup game?  Think they normally get around 20k, plus it’s on tv isn’t it?  

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

One of only 2 trophies we can win.  I’d like to see us win it before I’m pushing daisies up.  Our record in this competition is beyond embarrassing and I’d like to see that change but sadly I can’t see it on Sunday. 

Well here’s a thing about cup football. One team wins the cup. All the others have to be beaten. No time like the present to knock a big obstacle out of the way. Big opportunity because they are still there to be beaten IMO

6 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

If Neilson wants to get supporters back onboard, he must go all out and have a go here.

We can win this.

2-3 Hearts

Gnando hat trick, takes his boots off celebrating his third 🇱🇻

Celtic score 2 pens, won by diving.

KyleLafferty

The result will be whatever it will be. Celtic aren’t near has half as bad as people make them out to be. All I want to see us go through there and give them a game. Don’t make it easy for them and make them work for it.

For us to beat any of the ugly’s away from home we have to have players in all positions to play well there’s nothing different in this game.

And sometimes a little bit of luck🤞

Watt-Zeefuik

I'd put Boycie on the bench but have him ready to go in the second half.

Pressure the ball high but hold the shape on defense in the first half, frustrate a crowd that's already frustrated and get them on their backs.

Then put Boyce in at the start of the second half, play in their faces.

I know everyone says have a go from the jump but they'll come out of the gate hot and out for revenge. Hold them at bay for a bit and they'll get flustered.

Guest ToqueJambo

We should do exactly what we did last time and what Midtjylland did at CP, both playing 3-4-3. Totally fine with Celtic having possession so long as we restrict their chances, which is what happened in both those games.

The Dundee game isn't an indicator. It will give them confidence but we put 6 past Dundee without needing about £30m worth of forwards to do it.

If we end up under the cosh, which is always likely at CP, we can put Ginnelly up with Boyce to counter attack, plus bringing on Gnando.

Whether we score early or not, the main thing is not to let Celtic score early and get into their stride.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We should do exactly what we did last time and what Midtjylland did at CP, both playing 3-4-3. Totally fine with Celtic having possession so long as we restrict their chances, which is what happened in both those games.

The Dundee game isn't an indicator. It will give them confidence but we put 6 past Dundee without needing about £30m worth of forwards to do it.

If we end up under the cosh, which is always likely at CP, we can put Ginnelly up with Boyce to counter attack, plus bringing on Gnando.

I would love to agree with you but I am still not convinced about him. Parkhead is an ideal sort of place for a player like him to have the space to take a player on but I doubt very much that he will do that.

I really , really hope he proves me wrong but I am not so sure he will.

16 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Why would he want to do that at the start of the season? I know he took a knock at the end of the St Mirren game but if he is fully fit then play him ffs.

Just go for it and play the strongest side.  Pack the midfield with a sort of 3-6-1.  Gino and GMS playing in a narrow close supporting role to Boyce.  Get the bodies in there to be able to pull off a high press and see where it goes.

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Show them no respect and get in about them.  Don't let them settle.

This will be the first game of the season where Robbie changes the formation and goes all defensive until we lose a goal.