***Official Celtic v Hearts LC Match Thread***

colinmaroon

Hackney Hearts
20 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Gnando to test them, will need to be a bit more physical and also get his feet off the ground when he jumps 😏.

1185893330_Screenshot2021-08-03at21_17_45.png.2dec48b7b4aca3b875c95db5d280224f.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• daavojaay

• Cruyff

Mars plastic
4 hours ago, billybalfour said:

Can we not get a bit more positive here.The last twice we have played them we drew in Glasgow and won at Tynie.If I recall correctly the same gloom and doom was being trotted out for these games.This manager could be a complete dud and as a few have said their defence isn't the greatest.If Gnando plays instead of Ginnelly or GMS it may cause them problems.Our first 11 looks pretty good but we are weak on the bench at the moment.Let's hope the ref. doesn't revert to type now that crowds are back.

When did we last win at parkhead? Think that may have something to do with the pessimism. 

6 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

When did we last win at parkhead? Think that may have something to do with the pessimism. 

When Michael Stewart scored the winner from a penalty.

Fxxx the SPFL

Apologies but haven’t read any posts but I would go with gnado and Henderson up front nothing to lose league and SC are my priorities

lost in space
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It has been proven in the past the ONLY way to beat either of the Glasgow bigots is to get stuck in. Attack their defenders and stop them spraying passes around. Tackle and take the ball from the defenders before they get to the half way line, in doing so you have half the pitch to their goal line rather than the full pitch from our own line.

If you allow them all of their half and let them pick passes into the danger areas then you have already lost the game. No team in this league can defend for the whole game and hope to stop them scoring.

I agree totally - but too many managers go with the "old chestnut" of - frustrate them for the first 20 minutes, then their fans will get restless and players will get nervous. Then we can open up the game and grab a goal on the break. Loser mentality.

Will be interesting to see how we set about the game.

Guest ToqueJambo

All the shouts for all out attack etc. Yes, Celtic's defence looks vulnerable but are people forgetting they have very good players up front and in midfield. What happens when one of our all out attacks inevitably breaks down? Celtic are very good at counter attacking and have very good finishers.

We should play like we did in the first game. Try to score early but the main thing, especially at CP, is not to concede so they don't build momentum and their crowd gets jumpy. They can have all the possession they want in their own half, so long as we restrict the number of chances they create like we did at Tynecastle. Pressing high might yield an early goal or unsettle them but we'd never be able to keep it up for 90 mins, and we'd constantly be open to a Celtic attack into the space we leave. We don't have the pace in defence - centrally and wide - to play that game.

We also have to bear in mind how differently refs referee OF game son their own patches. We won't get the 50/50 decisions.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, colinmaroon said:

The width of Celtic Park could help us on the break. 

Yeah I hope we play a counter attack game.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, billybalfour said:

Can we not get a bit more positive here.The last twice we have played them we drew in Glasgow and won at Tynie.If I recall correctly the same gloom and doom was being trotted out for these games.This manager could be a complete dud and as a few have said their defence isn't the greatest.If Gnando plays instead of Ginnelly or GMS it may cause them problems.Our first 11 looks pretty good but we are weak on the bench at the moment.Let's hope the ref. doesn't revert to type now that crowds are back.

Last time at Parkhead we got pumped 5-0.

:olly:

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I don't think any of Ginnelly , GMS or Gnando have the legs to last 90 minutes on what is a big pitch at Parkhead.

For that reason I have a feeling Robbie will change his formation and maybe start more defensively and change it later.

I just hope that he has a go at them.

I think you’ve got to start the 11 that are going to make an impact though. For me, in the position Gnando plays he’ll last ninety no bother. Whether GMS or/and Gino can do better if they come on later in the game, I don’t know. 

Edited by GinRummy

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Gordon

Halkett      Souttar    Cochrane

Smith                         Haring         Beni                     Halliday

Gino                            Boyce

Nando

Look to introduce GMS for Gino if tiring, similarly Henderson for Nando.

Subs:  Stewart, Kingsley, McEneff, Pollock, GMS, Henderson, Walker

Ex member of the SaS
26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

All the shouts for all out attack etc. Yes, Celtic's defence looks vulnerable but are people forgetting they have very good players up front and in midfield. What happens when one of our all out attacks inevitably breaks down? Celtic are very good at counter attacking and have very good finishers.

We should play like we did in the first game. Try to score early but the main thing, especially at CP, is not to concede so they don't build momentum and their crowd gets jumpy. They can have all the possession they want in their own half, so long as we restrict the number of chances they create like we did at Tynecastle. Pressing high might yield an early goal or unsettle them but we'd never be able to keep it up for 90 mins, and we'd constantly be open to a Celtic attack into the space we leave. We don't have the pace in defence - centrally and wide - to play that game.

We also have to bear in mind how differently refs referee OF game son their own patches. We won't get the 50/50 decisions.

I do not advocate an all out attack, however the mids and forwards need to get stuck in and make tackles. Backing off allowing them to advance is suicide. No point backing off and trying to tackle on the edge of the box or worse still inside the box. We have to stifle their game by getting stuck in.

48 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I do not advocate an all out attack, however the mids and forwards need to get stuck in and make tackles. Backing off allowing them to advance is suicide. No point backing off and trying to tackle on the edge of the box or worse still inside the box. We have to stifle their game by getting stuck in.

Tackling hasn’t been a strength of ours for a few seasons.

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Totally agree. I spoke about the defending in an earlier post.

Sick of seeing us through there ball watching around our box, it can come down to tactics and how we are being asked to play. Too many bodies leads to this as one player thinks the next will make the move. 

So often you see a Celtic winger stand up our full back and you see 2 maroon jerseys in the background in no man’s land ball watching.  For me, it’s getting the whole team into a hard working mindset and playing their position efficiently.  At the same time, not hindering our potential attacking threat when we get the ball.  

We have to make it stick when we get it and the other important things is defending well by matching Celtic’s workrate. Not necessarily in big numbers sitting behind the ball.  We’ve worked hard at being better in possession and more importantly being better at cutting teams open. Let’s be brave enough tomorrow and stick to our game. 

Not sure how accurate or up to date google is with the pitch dimensions, apparently Septic park is only 16 meters longer and is 0.3 meters shorter in width. If those dimensions are right, it probably looks much bigger than it is.

Hope they’re fans don’t turn out in their numbers tomorrow, anything for an advantage to us!

Sub4TiddlerMurray
9 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Not sure how accurate or up to date google is with the pitch dimensions, apparently Septic park is only 16 meters longer and is 0.3 meters shorter in width. If those dimensions are right, it probably looks much bigger than it is.

Hope they’re fans don’t turn out in their numbers tomorrow, anything for an advantage to us!

Their fans will turn up. Packed house. And we will play 5 across the back. We will smother them and pump them 2-0! 

14 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Just had a look.

Celtic Park:- 104.2 x 67.7 metres

Tynecastle:- 98 x 68 metres

So, is the legendary vastness of Celtic Park a myth, or what?

9 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

1185893330_Screenshot2021-08-03at21_17_45.png.2dec48b7b4aca3b875c95db5d280224f.png

Sooperb photo! He's literally head, shoulders, and elbows above the defender.

Oor Gnando would've been a TOP pogo-er back in the day. 😆

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Their fans will turn up. Packed house. And we will play 5 across the back. We will smother them and pump them 2-0! 

If they do pack the place out, as well as beating them do we get half the money as it's a cup game?  That will be a very tidy sum indeed.

Morning Jambos.  I'm heading off to the scratcher quietly confident.

Might sleep through the whole thing but probably not.

14 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Last time at Parkhead we got pumped 5-0.

:olly:

Was a draw last time we played them

in Glasgow though.

FWIW can’t see anything other than a comfortable Celtic win. 

7 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

Celtic Park is 105m x 68m

Tynecastle is 100m x 64m

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Celtic Park is 105m x 68m

Tynecastle is 100m x 64m

So the Area is c700 m2 larger.  Or around 11% 

it is a significant difference tbh

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So the Area is c700 m2 larger.  Or around 11% 

it is a significant difference tbh

105m x 68m overlaid with 100m x 64m:

2overlay.jpg.8ee51dd57ba0a0e2489bab45c8d4449c.jpg

Never Let Them Forget

Got a call last night offering me 3 hospitality tickets for today and obviously i accepted as I want to be there when Souttar bangs one in on the 90th minute (again). 

Get into them Hearts 🇱🇻

Really hope we stand up to them and give them a game. If we do that and lose I won't complain.

But please, Robbie, don't just go there with the usual containment, damage limitation tactics that always fail.

Defeat I can take; meek capitulation I cannot.

C'mon the JT's.

:yas:

11 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Got a call last night offering me 3 hospitality tickets for today and obviously i accepted as I want to be there when Souttar bangs one in on the 90th minute (again). 

Get into them Hearts 🇱🇻

Watch out for dress code. We got denied entry once because one of our three was wearing jeans. The green tartan wearing doorman stopped us in our tracks and said, "Nae jeans." When I pointed out that the bloke he only just let in was wearing jeans the reply I got was this: "Aye, but his jeans are black. Nae blue jeans." I kid you not!

Then, along came an entire group of what could only be described as auld jakeys wearing an assortment of 'de-mob' suits and moth eaten camel coats; to a man looking like they'd spent the night on a park bench. No problem for them. Classy.

3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Not going to buy the PPV - chancing it with hesgoal 

I've watched numerous games on hesgoal (e.g. all of Schalke's games last season) and found it best, after having clicked the link, to gently expand the wee screen to the width of my phone and hold it in front of me. It's usually a good quality stream thus not much different from watching the telly across the room. Any time I've tried to cast it onto the telly (or use my lap-top, for that matter) I've been plagued with Russian babes who want to hook up, and so on.

No doubt there's a way around that (ad-blockers, or whatever) but I'm not that tech savvy. Anyhoo, I've never had any problems with hesgoal doing as I've done.

Gorgie Suite for me today, though. 👍

We need to have a go at them Bene and Haring in midfield to cut out their nice wee triangle passes. Gino and GMS need to get on the ball and push their wide boys back. If we let them have to much ball the guy with the battered face will have a field day. Also need to stop Rogic getting time on the ball. If we get a result today with the ground full of Celtic fans it will surely be one of our best away results. Cmon the Jambos. 

17 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

16 hours ago, wavydavy said:

When Michael Stewart scored the winner from a penalty.

Incidentally, that was also the last time we won two consecutive games against them. 

Harry Potter
17 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

We won 2-0 in 07, league cup, last time i was there, on the rainbow bus, surely have won since then😏.

20 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

We won 2-0 in 07, league cup, last time i was there, on the rainbow bus, surely have won since then😏.

2009 was the last time. Also in the league cup, thanks to a Michael Stewart penalty. That’s the game Wavydavy mentioned above.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

2009 was the last time. Also in the league cup, thanks to a Michael Stewart penalty. That’s the game Wavydavy mentioned above.

cheers bud.

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Really hope we stand up to them and give them a game. If we do that and lose I won't complain.

But please, Robbie, don't just go there with the usual containment, damage limitation tactics that always fail.

Defeat I can take; meek capitulation I cannot.

C'mon the JT's.

:yas:

This is my fear as well and what I expect will happen unfortunately. Sitting deep and going through there with no belief. 

On 09/08/2021 at 22:02, Victorian said:

Just go for it and play the strongest side.  Pack the midfield with a sort of 3-6-1.  Gino and GMS playing in a narrow close supporting role to Boyce.  Get the bodies in there to be able to pull off a high press and see where it goes.

Nando on and Gino off for me. Will be won or lost in MF. Got to stop Christie. Hope RN has done his homework.

Mars plastic
40 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I mind being there in 2015 when it was 0-0. Nicolson was clean through right at then end and Ambrose wiped him out then sent off.

Not winning there for 12 year is an abysmal record.

8 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

This is my fear as well and what I expect will happen unfortunately. Sitting deep and going through there with no belief. 

Even if we lose, Neilson will keep us all onside if we go down fighting and push them all the way.

Really hope he gets the approach to the game right. If he does then I'll be content, regardless of defeat.

It's also the only way we can win. We have no chance if we're timid and weak willed. We never have through there and never will.

We've had a great start to the season and a defeat, having had a real go at them, won't change that.

Imo.

Get intae them.

Gordon Ramsay
23 hours ago, billybalfour said:

Don't recall these draws are Celtic Park. Get battered 5-0 more often than not. 

Suspect we'll be beaten by at least 3 today. 

Just need to ensure we bounceback against the sheep. 

upgotheheads
35 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Celtic lose goals if you push them. If you don't, you get run over like timid Dundee.

What's to lose? Go for it.

I'm not sure that any team can be gung-ho at Parkhead or Ibrox early in the game. I think we will be strong in midfield with Halliday, Benny and Haring in there with Gnando up front.

Maybe;

Gordon.

Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley.

Benny.

Smith,  Haring, Halliday, Cochrane,

Boyce.

Gnando.

3,5,2 in effect and no GMS and Ginnely to start, but there's width with Cochrane and Smith. I would like  to see us in the game, maybe level, but able to hit them with GMS, Gino and Henderson late in the game, all of whom have pace. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If we play similar to the league game Gnando has to start IMO as we took the long ball option quite a lot after we scored and just gifted them possession.

Gnando can actually jump and when a high percentage of long balls - unlike suggested elsewhere on this thread. I just don’t know who her come in for…

21 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

I mind being there in 2015 when it was 0-0. Nicolson was clean through right at then end and Ambrose wiped him out then sent off.

Not winning there for 12 year is an abysmal record.

We put the Paisley jinx behind us last week. Let’s hope we can repeat the feat.

Mars plastic
Just now, iantjambo said:

We put the Paisley jinx behind us last week. Let’s hope we can repeat the feat.

Be just the time I'm no there and we come away with a win tae.