***Official Celtic v Hearts LC Match Thread***

colinmaroon

It's a different game at Darkheid especially now they seem to have turned a corner and starting to gel a wee bit and get more confident. I think we can give them a game but I don't think we have the players to control possession for periods of the game and make them work, which you kind of have to do at Ibrox and Parkhead. I'm not expecting too much from this one, just do our best and see what happens. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• daavojaay

• Cruyff

Just now, wavydavy said:

This will be the first game of the season where Robbie changes the formation and goes all defensive until we lose a goal.

He must know the negative fan base consequences of doing that and losing, surely tae feck. We’re sick of seeing it. He might start with a midfield 3 like he had at the end of the last game we played them but surely we’ll look for moments to get at their back 4 quickly when we’ve got the ball. We might not have the ball very much but just keeping it with no real purpose or forward looking intention is gone for good surely.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's a different game at Darkheid especially now they seem to have turned a corner and starting to gel a wee bit and get more confident. I think we can give them a game but I don't think we have the players to control possession for periods of the game and make them work, which you kind of have to do at Ibrox and Parkhead. I'm not expecting too much from this one, just do our best and see what happens. 

I don’t think we’ll even try and control possession. We’ll be looking to pinch the ball as often as we can and as high as we can and spring from there. We’re pretty shite at possession anyway if we’re honest.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t think we’ll even try and control possession. We’ll be looking to pinch the ball as often as we can and as high as we can and spring from there. We’re pretty shite at possession anyway if we’re honest.

Aye, we're a counter attacking team, we can't really go toe to toe with Rangers and Celtic in their own backyard, that's just the reality. 

Keeping possession is an area we need to improve on but we just don't have the players to do that. 

We will get chances and set pieces though, so if we can keep them from creating clear cut chances, we could nick it. 

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Why would he want to do that at the start of the season? I know he took a knock at the end of the St Mirren game but if he is fully fit then play him ffs.

Thanks for your measured response!

Gnando alone up front.  Boyce comes on with 30 minutes to go and scores the winner.

38 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Thanks for your measured response!

Gnando alone up front.  Boyce comes on with 30 minutes to go and scores the winner.

So we play into their hands by only playing one striker and allowing them to dominate play and force their defenders into out half.

1 hour ago, RULEOF3 said:

Totally agree as usual - I hope that RN changes the team to suit the opponents, We are a wing back/winger team and so far so good (even tho I think tactically(from the set up wrongly twice)) - and subs kinda prove my point. Deffo better with a back 3 - but you cant play a back 3 with a defensive midfield. Rewatched both games and at times there was a literal 25 yard gap and Boyce was like well I btr drop back - sensibly. As for set pieces im not so sure mate - If big Nando was on then yes - but your gambling on losing the midfield for a cross to Nando - who aint on. Drop a winger - fill the space,get Nando on and some confidence and go from there - still a work in progress so whats to lose - thoughts and regards

Couldn’t agree more. Rest one of the wingers. maybe both. It’s not even a rest, it purely tactical. I’d play Gnando up front and Boyce switching between deep and supporting. Haring Halliday and Beni in a solid midfield 3. All 3 can defend. All 3 can pass. All 3 can attack. And we get width from the full backs. If we get in the shit or tire we’ll have 2 game changers and out balls on the bench in Ginelly and GMS. Very hard work making sure they don’t hurt us from wide but it’s do-able. We’ll not get away with 77% unchallenged possession for an hour a second time so we definitely need to plug the midfield overload they had last time.

Edited by JimmyCant

SuperstarSteve

I never expect a result against the OF, regardless I’m not convinced they are stable at back over a win against Dundee. 

My biggest worry is how we deal with the wide pitch. They usually seem to switch the ball while we chase and end up legless late on. 

With Souttar and Gordon I’m confident it won’t be an embarrassing result. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray

We will win this one. Celtic will be expecting to pump us after destroying Dundee. But we are not Dundee. We have a lot more quality all over the pitch. 2-0 for the JT's!

tartofmidlothian

Again, no reason to fear them.

I'm going with last season's Scottish Cup final outcome, but in reverse. 2-2 AET (Boyce, Ginnelly), us to win on pens.

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Again, no reason to fear them.

I'm going with last season's Scottish Cup final outcome, but in reverse. 2-2 AET (Boyce, Ginnelly), us to win on pens.

Do the games go to extra time in the knock out stages or straight to penalties like the group games 

tartofmidlothian
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Do the games go to extra time in the knock out stages or straight to penalties like the group games 

I think it's full ET and penalties after one leg in the League Cup and a replay in the Scottish Cup. Either way, 2-2 at the end of the match, though.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I think it's full ET and penalties after one leg in the League Cup and a replay in the Scottish Cup. Either way, 2-2 at the end of the match, though.

I'd be happy with that

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

What happened to the earlier match thread?

The real Horatio would’ve looked and found it on page two of the threads 🤔😜?

MERGE. 

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The real Horatio would’ve looked and found it on page two of the threads 🤔😜?

MERGE. 

Ffs...sackings will result from this debacle.

Usual Back 5 Haring Halliday McEneff and GMS midfield Boyce up front, 2 shots on target, 1 corner, Gnando and Walker 30 mins each, hopefully no injuries don't see us getting anything. Gino "rested".

tartofmidlothian
16 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

What happened to the earlier match thread?

Is there one? Please merge if so!

Horatio Caine
23 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Is there one? Please merge if so!

Discovered it's on p2.  Yeah, should merge.

Celtic not letting us watch our team in this round. Let's make sure their fans don't get to see them in the next round.

Shame Celtic aren't away tonight. The fact they're playing should still help us so we've got a decent chance.

45 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Plagiarist!

😂 I like your one Colin but you went too early. Drop off page 1 and it’s like it never happened. 

willie wallace
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

I'll be in the Gorgie Suite with this ready to go on my phone:-

Do you know if this is still available.

I saw it yesterday on the website but can't find it now.

TyphoonJambo
41 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Win win. The club make some cash. We get a pie,a pint,a match,some bantz from ex hearts player. Then,those dumb west coast choobs send us 50% of the gate receipts. Result and no Jambos need get spat on or treated like sheeeeite

Edited by TypoonJambo
Predictive text

Wasn't confident enough to back us in the Last Man Standing knockout game, simply because of the ticketing nonsense and the referee in charge of the game, but we should be well up for this.  Their defence is absolutely shocking, and if we put them under pressure, they'll make it easy for us.  Constant pressure and forward thinking needs to be the way, sick of watching us go through to Glasgow and set up not to lose.  Have a go, and we can win this.  If we beat them twice in 2 weeks, they will be absolutely spewing which is reward enough, never mind advancing in the cup!

RN will have to get the boys right up for this.  They will justifiably think it's going to be a walk in the park but shocks do happen in cup football.

Get stuck in Hearts.

copa-mundial

Didn't we also get drawn against them at Celtic Park, the last time after our promotion season? 

Something kicking around in my brain saying we played well first half, and sow missing a penalty. 

As for this time round. Just have a go. Leave it all out on the park. We've shown we can beat them. Take the positives from it. 

StevenNaismith
31 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Didn't we also get drawn against them at Celtic Park, the last time after our promotion season? 

Something kicking around in my brain saying we played well first half, and sow missing a penalty. 

As for this time round. Just have a go. Leave it all out on the park. We've shown we can beat them. Take the positives from it. 

We lost 2-1 at Tynecastle in the quarter final.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

RN will have to get the boys right up for this.  They will justifiably think it's going to be a walk in the park but shocks do happen in cup football.

Get stuck in Hearts.

When I say they will think it's a walk in the park, I'm referring to the Hearts players of course.

Fxxx the SPFL
16 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Plagiarist!

Correct Colin bit of a cheek from that @tart if you ask me lol mods to merge

copa-mundial
5 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

We lost 2-1 at Tynecastle in the quarter final.

👍 thats the game. Was Djoums first goal that night. 

Mars plastic

A right scudding is on the cards as cup competitions aren’t high on Coach Neilson’s priority list. 

‘consolidating our position in the league’ will be the line trotted out post match. 

Wouldn't have feared them if the game was at tynje . But I just think they have turned a corner and will be to strong for us 3-1 Boyce with our goal