***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Horatio Caine
12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

is it definitely our game on the radio?

Well, given that there's only 2 premier league games this afternoon, and the other one kicks off at 12.30, then yeah!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Governor Tarkin

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

45 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The 10 game unbeaten run not doing it for you?

Ahhh the unbeaten run against utter shite who we never actually played that well against. There's a difference going on an unbeaten run against top league opposition and part timers.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

Ahhh the unbeaten run against utter shite who we never actually played that well against. There's a difference going on an unbeaten run against top league opposition and part timers.

Desperate stuff …

Just so annoying that away fans can't go.. so the local councils think ur safe from covid in motherwell but not save in paisley...Mmm on 2nd thoughts..🤔

Independence
27 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Deary me. You couldn't make this up! 

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, kila said:

I take it we’re all using the pirate stream and not giving them any money? :ninja:

Goes without saying

32 minutes ago, kila said:

I take it we’re all using the pirate stream and not giving them any money? :ninja:

Aye 👍 and giving a tenner to FOH here

27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Desperate stuff …

I have high standards and expectations for Heart of Midlothian Football Club, so I'm sorry if I don't share your enthusiasm for a 10 game unbeaten run against utter shite (excluding Celtic). 

5 minutes ago, Independence said:

Deary me. You couldn't make this up! 

Because I don't have the same opinion as you? 

What’s everyone’s thoughts… do we think we will stick to 3-4-3 or do we think we will maybe go to a more 3-5-2 like what we finished up against Celtic? 3-4-3 worries me sightly in terms of dominating the centre of the park as nearly all teams play 3 in there? So we don’t want to lose the battle in there? The good thing with starting 3-4-3 is if it does look like we are getting over ran then Boyce or GMS preferably can maybe drop back a bit to give us a little extra in the centre of the park. I do think these type of games are ideal for Haring

I would stick to 3-4-3 personally as we seemed to have found a formation which works, we have momentum, players have built relationsahips on the park, we have a confidence about us and we are in a rhythm and habit of winning! Same team as last week and hopefully a win 🇱🇻 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I have high standards and expectations for Heart of Midlothian Football Club, so I'm sorry if I don't share your enthusiasm for a 10 game unbeaten run against utter shite (excluding Celtic). 

to be fair you can only beat what is in front of you.

But it doesn’t matter a hot in the context of the league games.  It’s games like today we need to start winning, we won’t win them all busy we need to win most of them and when we lose we have to have pushed hard.  

Like every game this is a must win. 

We're absolutely horse shit away from home. 

I live in hope however; St Mirren 0-7 HMFC

Feeling more optimistic about this game than I have about any away match we’ve had in the PL for some time. I have a feeling that we might have turned a corner. 0 - 2 to us.

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

We can only beat the teams in front of us. How can you not feel positive after an opening day win against Celtic? 

ford donald
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

I agree. Today will tell us a lot of how our season will go and what this team and management are made of.

winning away games is why Hibs do so well. We have to do the same. RN will live or die by the away form. 
1-2 Hearts

I really want to beat this shower of Celtic loving pricks 

We should be collecting 3points,if there is any ambition.

upgotheheads
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We can only beat the teams in front of us. How can you not feel positive after an opening day win against Celtic? 

Agreed, but we'll learn more today about our league prospects than we did against Celtic.

15 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts… do we think we will stick to 3-4-3 or do we think we will maybe go to a more 3-5-2 like what we finished up against Celtic? 3-4-3 worries me sightly in terms of dominating the centre of the park as nearly all teams play 3 in there? So we don’t want to lose the battle in there? The good thing with starting 3-4-3 is if it does look like we are getting over ran then Boyce or GMS preferably can maybe drop back a bit to give us a little extra in the centre of the park. I do think these type of games are ideal for Haring

I would stick to 3-4-3 personally as we seemed to have found a formation which works, we have momentum, players have built relationsahips on the park, we have a confidence about us and we are in a rhythm and habit of winning! Same team as last week and hopefully a win 🇱🇻 

I don’t think a change in formation to be a bit tighter should change our mentality.

That’s what Neilson needs to get right and I think what some bemoan from his last spell when away performances started to become uninspiring. What mindset you promote is as important. Of course, a formation will affect how the team plays shape wise but the motivation to be positive, believe we can attack teams in any formation shouldn’t change. 

Although it was right in the heat of the battle, going tighter late on v Celtic didn’t stop us believing we could win or make us go back into our shell and be defensive. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I get that, and I'm obviously happy Hearts are winning. I don't know, maybe I'm being a bit harsh, probably to do with not being at any games in the last year or so.

And I'm delighted to have beaten Celtic.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The 10 game unbeaten run not doing it for you?

Nope, 9 games unbeaten against posties and office workers isn’t much to write home about.  We’ll learn much more about the team today. 

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Agreed, but we'll learn more today about our league prospects than we did against Celtic.

I’m not sure I agree with that at all. Would folk prefer to win today and draw the derby or draw today and beat Hibs? Obviously win every game is the ideal situation but I think we know how our season looks after 11 or 22 games. Putting season defining pressure on an away day in Paisley is has not benefit. 

20 minutes ago, ford donald said:

We should be collecting 3points,if there is any ambition.

Correct, but you know some on here will be popping champagne if we come away with a draw.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’m not sure I agree with that at all. Would folk prefer to win today and draw the derby or draw today and beat Hibs? Obviously win every game is the ideal situation but I think we know how our season looks after 11 or 22 games. Putting season defining pressure on an away day in Paisley is has not benefit. 

I don’t think saying we’d learn more about the team today is “putting season defining pressure on”. You’ve certainly over egged that pudding.

Ted Hastings
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Desperate stuff …

Not worth engaging with that kind of post. Either has a hopelessly negative view of the world or trolling IMO 

Edited by Ted Hastings

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don’t think saying we’d learn more about the team today is “putting season defining pressure on”. You’ve certainly over egged that pudding.

Watch the reaction if we don’t win …

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You can’t look at one game against Celtic and think we’re going to have a great season because we beat them.  We all know we can raise our game for one off games - it was all too depressingly familiar 2 years ago, raising our game 3 times at home to Rangers and twice at Easter Road but utter garbage in between.  

Agreed, we’ll know more after we’ve played everyone but games away to the likes of St Mirren are the type of game we struggle in (in fact especially away to St Mirren, don’t think we’ve won there last 10 league games), so that’s why I think we’ll learn more about the team today than from beating Celtic.  Let’s be honest, although we defended very well, we were really poor for about 70 minutes in that game.  

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Watch the reaction if we don’t win …

Maybe because we’ll have learned something we don’t like?

Unfortunately boasting about unbeaten runs - against part time teams - can lead to unrealistic expectations.

This St Mirren team are no mugs. We’ll do well to turn them over.

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Everyone is entitled to voice their opinions but need to be big enough to take the consequences of that. Expect some replies.

Edited by Jumper

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Maybe because we’ll have learned something we don’t like?

Unfortunately boasting about unbeaten runs - against part time teams - can lead to unrealistic expectations.

This St Mirren team are no mugs. We’ll do well to turn them over.

The last decade tells us Paisley is a very difficult place for Hearts to go to. If we don’t win, the result will only confirm what we already know.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

davemclaren
34 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Nope, 9 games unbeaten against posties and office workers isn’t much to write home about.  We’ll learn much more about the team today. 

Most of these teams weren’t part timers but it’s a valid point that we shouldn’t be expecting a 10 game time unbeaten run in the Top tier very often. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye and you also know that some on here will be popping the champagne corks if we lose.

Sad but true.  Ain't going to happen.  They'll have to drown their sorrows.

I'll have to waken up to the good news.  I'll be olympiced out in an hour or so.

59 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We never seem to follow up good results. We need to start winning 6-7 games in a row but teams like St Johnstone, St Mirren, Motherwell, Livi We struggle against.

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The last decade tells us Paisley is a very difficult place for Hearts to go to. If we don’t win, the result will only confirm what we already know.

If we do win it suggests this team has a bit more about it than in recent seasons.  We’ll still learn more about the team today than from beating Celtic.  What did beating Rangers twice 2 years ago tell us?  You wouldn’t think a team beating Rangers twice would be the worst team in the league but we were. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

It’s started already.

Not even 9am on match day.

A new record for the throbbers.

Some 100% want us beat. 

They need us to be beat, they can't wait for us to be beaten. 

Their seethe for Bob far out weighs any support they may have for Hearts. 

The stuff they have been moaning about recently has Been desperate, and quite amusing. 

davemclaren
36 minutes ago, Barack said:

Last big run was 8, wasn't it? Levein's Dream Team.

👀

It was a great enjoyable run but a bizarre collapse after it. Anyway, I’m looking forward now and hoping for a good result today. 

I usually go to the first away game of the season but won’t be buying ppv for this one as we have our grandson around for the afternoon and overnight.  

I’ll donate my £12.50 to FoH instead. 

20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That’s a bit of a cop out. If we are as good as some people are trying to make out we are we should win regardless of history. 

16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye and you also know that some on here will be popping the champagne corks if we lose.

Nope. Not one Hearts fan on here will be happy if we lose. Some will not be able to take the fall out from losing though.

JKB today.

Win- all happy, but some will not like it if others comment on display of team/,individuals.

Draw - some happy, some disappointed, again some will not like it if posters discuss ups and downs of display of team/individuals.

Lose - no one will be happy, some will not see a problem in losing to St.Mirren, others will see that as a poor result.. Again God forbid we talk on a fans forum about display of team/individuals.

Edited by Gambo

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If we do win it suggests this team has a bit more about it than in recent seasons.  We’ll still learn more about the team today than from beating Celtic.  What did beating Rangers twice 2 years ago tell us?  You wouldn’t think a team beating Rangers twice would be the worst team in the league but we were. 

The first quarter will tell us that. 

The first 2 games won't really be indicative either way. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Nope. Not one Hearts fan on here will be happy if we lose. Some will not be able to take the fall out from losing though.

JKB today.

Win- all happy, but some will not like it if others comment on display of team/,individuals.

Draw - some happy, some disappointed, again some will not like it if posters discuss ups and downs of display of team/individuals.

Lose - no one will be happy, some will not see a problem in losing to St.Mireen, others will see that as a poor result.. Again God forbid we talk on a fans forum about display of team/individuals.

Nah

Win- the rabid gang will go missing and jkb will generally be pleasant for the next week. 

Draw- the rosters who think we should win every game will be moaning, most will see an away draw as decent and a good building block. 

Lose - Everyone will be pissed off but the rabid gang will have most players as shite and want everyone oot. Some will be happy as a fly in shite and have a great Saturday night on here ( the gang you won't here from if we win). 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

My future mood, result dependent:

Win: 🤷‍♂️👏🏻

Draw: 😐

Lose: 🙄🤬🤦‍♂️🍺

Mines would be the same, well, almost, the beer glass would be on win, draw and loose. 😁

The Mercer Takeover

This is a huge test for Neilson.

He must well aware that a huge percentage of our support are still not convinced that he is the man to take us forward. Many will simply not tolerate defeats to perceived lesser teams. 

Equally important I think, is that he does not revert to slow, lethargic, negative, percentage football, away from home again.

In my opinion, his only hope of redemption, is to open up, and actually have a go in all away grounds.

I honestly think we are capable of a 1-4 win today, and something like that would send a message out to the rest of the league.

It would transform the way most away teams set their teams up at Tynecastle again. Games are often won or lost before they have even started, and we need this fear factor back.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Win: 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Draw: 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Lose: 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🥃🥃

Ford Prentice
2 hours ago, kila said:

I'm going to pay. I like the idea of being able to watch Hearts away games live and can't be bothered with dodgy streams.

As for handing over my cash to St Liedown, to be honest I've put my naughty list away, with very few exceptions clubs panicked and acted out of short term self interest when covid struck and I haven't sufficient years left to spend time keeping score on who the good guys and bad guys are.

If all this makes me less of a PHM then so be it - I'll just watch the games.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Beer glass for every result. 

11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Never had a problem on the PC with hesgoal but maybe I’m lucky

That Iraq goals site ****ed up my PC a few years ago. 

Got a pop up called 'security tool' and like an idiot clicked on it and computer frozen had to get an expert to fix it but a month or two later machine crashed never to work again. 

An expensive 'free stream' 😁 

Jeffros Furios
20 minutes ago, Barack said:

I always find the forum more enjoyable when we lose 😀

Tom Hardy’s Dug

There is a minor added complications with Liewdown - I think Goodwin has them playing vaguely better football than normal so they are not as shite as they usually are when we don’t beat them at theirs.

Maybe that will benefit us as they will play more openly??