***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t see many changes today, unless he goes more like the team that finished the Celtic game rather than the one that started it. I doubt it though. I wonder if Walker will be back on the bench. 

Yeah, the team shouldnt have too many changes in certain areas.   If I had to change some players it would be Halliday out Harring in, just to be solid in the middle.   Subs will be needed later in the game no doubt. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Governor Tarkin

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

gordiegords
24 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Anything less than 3 points v St.Mirren is disappointing and points dropped, NOTHING remotely decent about that.

Absolutely this, our standards are low if we think a point through there is decent. 

2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Me too, just bought it, life's too short. Also I had a bad experience with a dodgy stream a few years ago so I'm not doing it again. The bottom line is I want to see the match.

I got it as well .I'll leave the grudges for people with more years to spare than me.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, gordiegords said:

2010 I think

So if we draw that’s as good as any result we’ve had there in 10 years so wouldn’t be such a bad result 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So if we draw that’s as good as any result we’ve had there in 10 years so wouldn’t be such a bad result 

So you would be happy with a draw at Brora, that being an improvement on previous results? 😉

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

time we had a win then.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Yes you do.

Wtf are you on about.

I want Hearts to win every game.

I also discuss performances of team/individuals, good or bad,  whether we win/lose/draw (like 99% of fans do after games)....something you really really struggle with ...... strange.

I've never celebrated a draw with St Mirren. 

You are getting "decent / ok/ good" mixed up with" celebration. 

For example - 

I like a good pint, but I don't celebrate it. 

I like a decent sandwich, but I don't celebrate it. 

My example was two games were a  draw would have been a decent result. 

Wanting everyone oot and moaning like a bam for weeks but going missing after a good result is not discussung it. 

Tbf, you are not one of those types. 

If you read my posts I often criticise. 

I just don't go full throttle rabid and want everyone oot. 

I also want Hearts to win every game but also realistically understand we won't. 

Hungry hippo

Handy if we had a separate thread for debates about 'acceptable' results before games.

The same absolutely pointless arguments on here every week. Every fan, player, coach etc wants a win.

Will we see the usual dire Hearts away performance from Robbies team this afternoon or will we actually go out there and try to win the game. Our away form has been a massive concern for many years. Big test this today,  to see if Robbie has what it's got to lead Hearts forward. Lose and the pressure starts up on him again 

2-1 Hearts 

Edited by Spookie

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

It's definitely a different test for our defending today.    I think it will be more physical.    Set pieces could decide the result.   I don't recall Celtic having too many chances from deep crosses or corners, free kicks.   We dealt with the aerial challenges well.   

I think st mirren could be stronger in that way.   I also think we can match them.   If we're up for it we can edge them out. 

Getting excited now.    I can't wait to see the lineups for today.  

I think it will be a different test for Beni Baningime today in particular. On Saturday he was in the game for almost the full 90 minutes as Celtic had so much possession, with much of it in our half. Beni didn't have to go looking for the ball, or even for a player to mark, both were coming to him, or, at least, into his area, but I doubt St Mirren will try to play through our midfield like Celtic did, and so he might find himself less involved for fairly long periods. Hopefully, as well as that boundless energy and ability to stop the opposition playing as they would like, he has the patience to ensure he protects the defence and doesn't go hunting to get involved just for the sake of it. If he can be as effective as he was against Celtic, even when not under pressure, he'll be a massive player for us this season.

Absolute Scenes

Anyone know if there are any decent streams for this one? Don’t tend to see wee teams get their games streamed

20 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

St Mirren have a decent squad, Goodwin has built a good starting 11. It will be a battle and a real test of where our team is at.  Hopefully Robbie sets up to win.

I will be shocked if he’s set us up to win 

Hope I’m wrong but we will more than likely sit in 

Auld Reekin'
39 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Made it £13 as if you try to pay £12.50 it takes it as £1250. 🥸

:leveinproblem:

No reason why we can't get a win today. Yeah, it'll be a tough game and a war of attrition, but McGarvey FC are no great shakes and - if deployed in the right way and playing anywhere near their best - we have the players in our squad to wins these games. Recent history counts for feck-all - get stuck into them Hearts!   

Tommy Brown
22 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Anyone know if there are any decent streams for this one? Don’t tend to see wee teams get their games streamed

www.hesgoal.com

Leave it to 10 mins before kick off.

Cant guarantee, but good hassle free streams, only ones i will ever use.

Mr Elwood P
51 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Anything less than 3points and unnaceptable better (&will) be used by fans of Heart of Midlothian FC.

A very few who don't hold this club in high regard will get their knickers in a twist though trying to justify a loss/draw. (In fact I think they few want us to lose draw so they can tag team all night posters who call out anything less than 3 points as a poor result).

Absolutely no basis in reality ….

Jambof3tornado

I just cant see Robbie setting up in a way that we bother them, more we shall set up to counter their setup. It will be the standard set up not to lose and to perhaps sneak a winning goal if lucky.

1st goal really important.

I think this could end up a few goals each........with us getting another late winner!!

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, RULEOF3 said:

Also on the crew if anyone has a kodi firestick - although ive paid anyhoo

Hookey firestick here!!

Tommy Brown
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Hookey firestick here!!

Thought you were international subscriber?

Stick to hesgoal if not.

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nice one

do you have to sign up for this one?

I have nothing but bother with that.

Never have issue with hesgoal

Horatio Caine
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

I have nothing but bother with that.

Never have issue with hesgoal

Agreed.  Hesgoal by far the best - at least it is for me.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Thought you were international subscriber?

Stick to hesgoal if not.

What made you think I was abroad???

Luckily been to 3 games already this season.

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nice one

do you have to sign up for this one?

No but you do have to battle through pop ups and Russian brides .

it’s fine once you have got past that though. 

Not listed on hesgoal yet 

StevenNaismith

Cochrane playing at LCB doesn’t fill me with confidence having watched him there a couple of times previously. I’d prefer Haring in the back 3 and Halliday in beside Beni.

lost in space
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Halliday moved to the left I would presume.

Maybe but Kingsley been playing as a defender, rather than LB - so could be a straight swap.

It’s a team that should be smashing this st mirren mob with not much problem, no point turning up for the celtics of this world and putting in a poor performance here.  

Come on Hearts keep the good start going! 

Today is the barometer of how the season will go, more so than last week. Last week we turned over an out of sorts Celtic but this week we face an average SPFL team so we will see how we cope with what we will face most weeks. 

PhoenixHearts

Assume it's Cochrane moving in to LCB with Halliday playing LWB. Haring and Beni in centre midfield.