Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

45 minutes ago, Tott said:

Now capacity is back to normal, will they still be streaming home games live in the UK?

I believe they will.

The commitment was made to do it for the whole season. I do think they are thinking of those who may take longer to be comfortable to go back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6990855/spfl-sky-sports-broadcast-matches-season-ticket-holders/amp/

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

Hungry hippo
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I believe they will.

The commitment was made to do it for the whole season. I do think they are thinking of those who may take longer to be comfortable to go back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6990855/spfl-sky-sports-broadcast-matches-season-ticket-holders/amp/

I'm not convinced they will. That just gave the clubs the rights for the season rather than a commitment by the clubs.

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Good effort

Need to get the Aberdeen tickets on sale asap. Roughly 5,700 tickets to sell before Sunday for a sell out, think its unlikely but be good to get close

Less than that due to red zone seats not being sold, segregation section in Roseburn and hospitality seats already sold. Probably less than 4,000 available. 

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I believe they will.

Hearts have been regularly stating ‘until restrictions are lifted’ but I guess we’ll find out this week. Would be good for the odd home game I usually can’t make. 

🎟Home games streamed to ST holders until capacity restrictions are lifted.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

Final count at 4.30pm today:

Wheatfield: 265

Gorgie: 231

Main: 268

Total remaining: 764

Based on when the club announced 12,000 sales (1,400 plus were remaining at that point), it looks as if we should be closer to 12,700 than 12,500 that the club just announced. Either way, a good effort.

I started another count at 4.52pm but the seat map disappeared. I could see quite a number of further seats had been sold since my 4.30pm count, so there was definitely less than 764 left at 5pm. It was a very good afternoon for sales.

Are we not selling any STs for the Roseburn. I know they used to have Cat. B tickets that didn't cover games against the OF and the wee team 

43 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I believe they will.

Cheers..

More for an elderly relative who cant make it along to Tynecastle these days.

Would be good if they keep the stream option open, im sure there are loads of other older fans who would love to tune into home games.

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - last day today - over 12,500 sold
30 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Are we not selling any STs for the Roseburn. I know they used to have Cat. B tickets that didn't cover games against the OF and the wee team 

There has been no indication of sales in the Roseburn this time round - at least no seats have been made available for sale through online ticketing. I guess the unusual times that we've been in has probably caused a pause on the Category B idea, and it doesn't seem to have been resurrected for this season....although when we're top of the table by 20 points at Christmas, I imagine the club will open it up for half season ticket sales. 😀

40 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

i wouldn’t think so as some of us ST holders are being relocated there due to sterile areas being cordoned off.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

There has been no indication of sales in the Roseburn this time round - at least no seats have been made available for sale through online ticketing. I guess the unusual times that we've been in has probably caused a pause on the Category B idea, and it doesn't seem to have been resurrected for this season....although when we're top of the table by 20 points at Christmas, I imagine the club will open it up for half season ticket sales. 😀

Thanks for the the update 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Considering Alloa and Brora, pushing 13,000 is just phenominal.

Unsure why most  folk would stop supporting Hearts because of they two  results Tbh. 

As predicted only a rabid few who already aren't banned from Tynecastle would do that. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unsure why most  folk would stop supporting Hearts because of they two  results Tbh. 

As predicted only a rabid few who already aren't banned from Tynecastle would do that. 

You must have heard of fair weather fans though.  If I was in Edinburgh I'd be one of the diehards but that's not true of everyone.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

You must have heard of fair weather fans though.  If I was in Edinburgh I'd be one of the diehards but that's not true of everyone.

Think most are looking forwards Tbh. 

Things are looking pretty decent for us, we look a decent side but Ofc not the complete article yet. 

The folk that keep mentioning  the hibs Cup  game 6/7 years ago will be mentioning the Brora Cup game in twenty years as they crack phoodle jokes in the corner of the pub. 

Probably got manky sprayed bedsheets ready to go as I type. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Think most are looking forwards Tbh. 

Things are looking pretty decent for us, we look a decent side but Ofc not the complete article yet. 

The folk that keep mentioning  the hibs Cup  game 6/7 years ago will be mentioning the Brora Cup game in twenty years as they crack phoodle jokes in the corner of the pub. 

Probably got manky sprayed bedsheets ready to go as I type. 

I'm still pissed off at hibs beating us 4-3 in the cup in 1957.  The Joe Baker game.

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold
Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm still pissed off at hibs beating us 4-3 in the cup in 1957.  The Joe Baker game.

The St Mirren 3-2 still pisses me off. 

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

especially given we took the lead early.  Some of the defending that day 🤦‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yip. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I remember back in the late 80’s we could get 29,000 for one home game but down to only 9,000 in others.  Season tickets weren’t really the thing in those days. Some fans would only turn up for the big games or if the team was on a winning streak.  ‘86 being a good example of that.  Crowds don’t vary as much now because there’s so many ST holders (or even if they don’t turn up they still get counted as a ticket sold). 

14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I remember back in the late 80’s we could get 29,000 for one home game but down to only 9,000 in others.  Season tickets weren’t really the thing in those days. Some fans would only turn up for the big games or if the team was on a winning streak.  ‘86 being a good example of that.  Crowds don’t vary as much now because there’s so many ST holders (or even if they don’t turn up they still get counted as a ticket sold). 

Exactly. A lot of folk only went to ‘big matches’ regardless of performance. Different environment/culture these days. 

John Findlay
45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wasn't the defending that day.

It was the fact that John Sutton wouldn't have scored in a brothel that day with a wad of £50 notes tied around his tadger.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is always the one I remember as the  most disappointing final. Favourites, great support, early lead, great chance to end our league cup jinx. Seen every final from 1968 on and that was the only one we were firm favourites to win. 1986 might have been different but for the week before.

19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pay at the gate.

You could wake up on a Saturday and decide then if you were fit enough for the football. Then you would call round. What I liked about it was you could have a day in the Enclosure or Gorgie Rd end of wherever. We stood mostly School End though. 
Booking fees etc are another scam these days. As are walk up prices…which will re-ignite that particular bugbear no doubt ! 😂

Francis Albert
27 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That was true from the early 60s on and it was often less than 9000. I remember anything over 10000 feeling like a big crowd. Even in the glory years of the 50s crowds varied a lot.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Pay at the gate.

You could wake up on a Saturday and decide then if you were fit enough for the football. Then you would call round. What I liked about it was you could have a day in the Enclosure or Gorgie Rd end of wherever. We stood mostly School End though. 
Booking fees etc are another scam these days. As are walk up prices…which will re-ignite that particular bugbear no doubt ! 😂

You could of course pre segregation also move around the ground and there was always a migration from one end to the other at HT. Even when it pissed down most of the crowd for most games could squeeze into the Shed.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

You could of course pre segregation also move around the ground and there was always a migration from one end to the other at HT. Even when it pissed down most of the crowd for most games could squeeze into the Shed.

Vague memories of before they put the fence up, FA. And the benches !

It’s also strange how the cup was viewed then. Decent crowds for SC games and down for league games. 

Would have those days back in a flash tbh. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree SRB I’m pretty hardline Taliban on this one, some would probably brand me a happy clapper.

(you might say rabid I would say spoilt twats!) 

I don’t post on here much but lurk a lot (although not after defeats as this place can be poisonous and riddled with WUM and Hobos) 

I’m a Hearts supporter have been since my first game as a 5 year old with my dad, grandad and uncles took me in 1975. 

Seen some tragic days and some ecstatic ones but this bloody club is a constant for me and I love them (it) and the amazing moments that it has given me and I feel genuinely sorry for people who have never had this love affair.

Always Hearts HHGH❤️

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is always the one I remember as the  most disappointing final. Favourites, great support, early lead, great chance to end our league cup jinx. Seen every final from 1968 on and that was the only one we were firm favourites to win. 1986 might have been different but for the week before.

You forgot about Gretna in 2006. 

Francis Albert
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

You forgot about Gretna in 2006. 

I did indeed. It was as cup finals go, even winning ones, relatively forgettable. The semi and parade are my main memories of that cup win.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I did indeed. It was as cup finals go, even winning ones, relatively forgettable. The semi and parade are my main memories of that cup win.

I hated that match. However, still a major trophy won. 

Spoiler

I’m contemplating purchasing season tickets for me and then young man (8 yrs old) for the 1st time in years as I live up North and wandered how it works if I wanted to use my sons ticket for an adult? Can you just pay the difference or how does that work? 

Edited by Mdoug79

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Clear few said:

I agree SRB I’m pretty hardline Taliban on this one, some would probably brand me a happy clapper.

(you might say rabid I would say spoilt twats!) 

I don’t post on here much but lurk a lot (although not after defeats as this place can be poisonous and riddled with WUM and Hobos) 

I’m a Hearts supporter have been since my first game as a 5 year old with my dad, grandad and uncles took me in 1975. 

Seen some tragic days and some ecstatic ones but this bloody club is a constant for me and I love them (it) and the amazing moments that it has given me and I feel genuinely sorry for people who have never had this love affair.

Always Hearts HHGH❤️

Cannae wait to be back on Sunday. 

I was at the ICT game, but a full house awaits! 

lost in space
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Awful game. Both teams separately walked round the crowd after the game and I applauded the Gretna team but not the Hearts team (who I was very unhappy about). Still celebrated in the pub and for the rest of the night tho - but it was no 1998.

(I cant even blame Robbie Neilson!!😟).

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It would have been hard to forget if we had lost.

16 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’m contemplating purchasing season tickets for me and then young man (8 yrs old) for the 1st time in years as I live up North and wandered how it works if I wanted to use my sons ticket for an adult? Can you just pay the difference or how does that work? 

Yes you can upgrade individual ticket to adult through the ticket office.

the sub goalie
16 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You can indeed upgrade it to an adult, I done it a couple of years back.  Sure I popped in to the ticket office and they printed a one off ticket for the match, being up north you could email them and I'm sure they would send it out.

11 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Awful game. Both teams separately walked round the crowd after the game and I applauded the Gretna team but not the Hearts team (who I was very unhappy about). Still celebrated in the pub and for the rest of the night tho - but it was no 1998.

I'm sure you could if you really tried. Go on knock yourself out.

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I enjoyed the cup final parade the next day more than the game.  Loved the semi final before it though!  Also couldn’t find our bus after the Gretna game and had to wait ages for a train. It was all a bit flat. 

To be fair I didn’t enjoy the 98 final either, not the actual game.  Great scenes at the 2 goals and the final whistle and afterwards but a bag of nerves in between.  I had recorded the game on tv too and tried watching it back some time after and **** me, it was an awful game, which I hadn’t really noticed being at Celtic Park. But what a day and night and morning and parade the following afternoon!

Fozzyonthefence
47 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When I told my sons that we beat Gretna in the 2006 final they looked at me like I was making it up🤣.  “Who are Gretna?” they asked.  

lost in space
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I enjoyed the cup final parade the next day more than the game.  Loved the semi final before it though!  Also couldn’t find our bus after the Gretna game and had to wait ages for a train. It was all a bit flat. 

To be fair I didn’t enjoy the 98 final either, not the actual game.  Great scenes at the 2 goals and the final whistle and afterwards but a bag of nerves in between.  I had recorded the game on tv too and tried watching it back some time after and **** me, it was an awful game, which I hadn’t really noticed being at Celtic Park. But what a day and night and morning and parade the following afternoon!

My biggest memory of the 98 final was McCoist being fouled at the edge of the box, very near the end of the game, and the ref running to the box pointing to the penalty spot.  I knew then that AGAIN we were not going to win the cup.  I KNEW, in that second, that it could never happen - and that |I would never see Hearts win a trophy.

The ref looked over to the lino though and moved his arm to point just outside the box for a free kick.

I will never forget that moment of helplessness/doom - and then final whistle. Still brings a tear after all these years.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

My biggest memory of the 98 final was McCoist being fouled at the edge of the box, very near the end of the game, and the ref running to the box pointing to the penalty spot.  I knew then that AGAIN we were not going to win the cup.  I KNEW, in that second, that it could never happen - and that |I would never see Hearts win a trophy.

The ref looked over to the lino though and moved his arm to point just outside the box for a free kick.

I will never forget that moment of helplessness/doom - and then final whistle. Still brings a tear after all these years.

I think eyeryone in the ground thought he’d given a penalty and as you say, he probably had.  Thank god we never had VAR that day or the wait may well have gone on!  Think the McCoist one was on the line so should’ve have been a penalty and the foul on Fulton for our penalty was a mile outside the box!  Think that was the first time I can remember getting a break against the OF from the refs!  But not much has changed since. 

1 hour ago, the sub goalie said:

You can indeed upgrade it to an adult, I done it a couple of years back.  Sure I popped in to the ticket office and they printed a one off ticket for the match, being up north you could email them and I'm sure they would send it out.

Thanks 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Yes you can upgrade individual ticket to adult through the ticket office.

Thanks 👍🏻

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Opposite.

Never got the Gretna fairy story.

We were the baddies for a lot of football fans that day. **** them !

🙂

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Absolutely agree the St Mirren LC final was a major disappointment - I desperately want to see us win that cup.

I like yourself went to my first cup final in 1968 and I’m sure like yourself and others have attended everyone since then …… alas my ‘cup final run’ was ended by the pandemic, with no crowds at the 2020 final! I feel guilt that that my perfect attendance ended in 2020 albeit there were no supporters allowed in!

With regards to the League Cup, “there’s always next season”!

Bring on season 2022/23 it will be the one …..

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

the foul on Fulton for our penalty was a mile outside the box!  

Nope.

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

That was true from the early 60s on and it was often less than 9000. I remember anything over 10000 feeling like a big crowd. Even in the glory years of the 50s crowds varied a lot.

Open Terraces and pay at the gate meant crowds were hostage to the weather. 

Back in 58 in our title winning year crowds were normally huge but on one occasion v Raith Rovers it rained constantly all day and most fans expected the game to be called off. It wasn't and a crowd of 9000 attended. It was pre-shed and the only cover was the main stand and the top of the old enclosure under the overhanging stand roof. 

4 hours ago, lost in space said:

It's not just about the final we had a great season and rounded it off with a Scottish Cup win. 

If you were unhappy about that then I'm afraid you are going to be eternally miserable watching Hearts. 

Going by your posting history I shouldn't be surprised🤨

34 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's not just about the final we had a great season and rounded it off with a Scottish Cup win. 

If you were unhappy about that then I'm afraid you are going to be eternally miserable watching Hearts. 

Going by your posting history I shouldn't be surprised🤨

Aye, it is a strange one. We had secured champions league qualification and just won a cup.

Personally, I was delighted.