Away kit

Diadora Van Basten

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Are they dafties because they don't like the kit, or because they're sharing that they don't like it on a thread purely for discussion about said kit?

Out of interest, do you have an opinion on it or only an opinion on other people's opinion on it?

I do , it's a nice enough top and I'm sure younger fans will love the logo on it , some of the comments about a football top do come into the daftie category though,  imo obv.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• PhoenixHearts

• Cruyff

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

How you present yourself is a signal of intent. I've probs spent too much time in italia but just look at how the azzurri were kitted out this summer ffs. 

Absolutely sharp as a tack on and off pitch including coaches and performances to match. 

If our performances match our 1st and 2nd kits this season we're looking at bottom 6 ha. 

If they match our 3rd kit we're winning the league haha! 

Good point. 
I don’t think whatever we wear our manager could match Mancini in the style department never mind anything else though.
Dragged backwards through a hedge springs to mind 😂😜.

Don't like the colour, never have, and the logo needs removed. would not wear it even if someone bought me it. 

PhoenixHearts

Kits fine. Reckon it would have looked nicer in a light grey/white marl.

Not too sure about the Always Hearts bit but it's no big deal. I'm 30 years old, not gonna start foaming at the mouth like some on here who are probably twice my age. Get a grip. It's just a kit.

PhoenixHearts
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely need away from Umbro. 

No we don't. They've given us mostly brilliant kits during this stint. Including two of our biggest selling kits ever, the black 3rd kit and now this new 3rd kit. 

Had 3 classy home kits in a row now and the two nice enough ones before that. Absolutely no problem with umbro and I'd have them over Adidas teamwear 10 times out of 10.

Diadora Van Basten
33 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

How you present yourself is a signal of intent. I've probs spent too much time in italia but just look at how the azzurri were kitted out this summer ffs. 

Absolutely sharp as a tack on and off pitch including coaches and performances to match. 

If our performances match our 1st and 2nd kits this season we're looking at bottom 6 ha. 

I always thought the kit was a good barometer of what is happening at the club.

If you look at the years we have done well we always had good kits.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

No we don't. They've given us mostly brilliant kits during this stint. Including two of our biggest selling kits ever, the black 3rd kit and now this new 3rd kit. 

Had 3 classy home kits in a row now and the two nice enough ones before that. Absolutely no problem with umbro and I'd have them over Adidas teamwear 10 times out of 10.

I don’t agree, last years home was decent but nothing special. 
I’ve not seen anything saying this new third kit is a big seller, although we have no XL or XXL and we basically had to beg for an Inter style so they don’t get much credit for that. This effort will be one of the worst sellers after a poor one last season too. 
I’m currently wearing the Adidas Argentina away style strip we had and the quality is far better than any of the Umbro tops. 
The variation in sizes every season is strange also.

41 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

With you on that. 
This is how an Italian team has done a kit launch today…

given thats it’s really all about $$$, which will do better, theirs or ours? 

D2F73EF5-BFE7-4572-921F-FACAA076CF9C.jpeg

Rogue Daddy
11 minutes ago, Ron Maroon said:

With you on that. 
This is how an Italian team has done a kit launch today…

given thats it’s really all about $$$, which will do better, theirs or ours? 

D2F73EF5-BFE7-4572-921F-FACAA076CF9C.jpeg

Like his boots... not so keen on the shorts 😜

Jack Torrance
52 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, I think the club will be greeting when they see how bad the sales are. 

This post deserved more credit than it got.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, I think the club will be greeting when they see how bad the sales are. 

and this is the real point, we all want hearts to do well, we do well by generating income that we can invest on the pitch. 

100% sales will improve if they take the logo off. You’d think they’d have learned from 2014/15 that most people don’t like cringe stuff like this. 

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

they didn’t actually, both of those were designed specifically by the guys at FOH who seem to have some sort or grasp as to what the fans want

I got mixed up between only hearts and always hearts. Felt there Should have been recognition of the quote in the shirt release. Maybe it’s a grower but does seem more like a casual t shirt than a football shirt

Ignoring all the trim etc. the fabric itself looks like a tee-shirt an old lady would wear to the beach on her holidays.

kingantti1874
Just now, CostaJambo said:

Ignoring all the trim etc. the fabric itself looks like a tee-shirt an old lady would wear to the beach on her holidays.

If it were grey/white with maroon flashes and no god awful slogan it wouldn’t be terrible.

I don’t understand why someone at the club thinks we should have a light blue away kit every year. 

Rogue Daddy

I wish the away top was the template for the home shirt (changing the logo for MND). I like the new home shirt, but the collar & sleeve edging is nicer on the away top - and wish it was this way on the home. I know, Mr Picky, right?

Away top is ok-ish. Logo is crap, however.

27 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Like his boots... not so keen on the shorts 😜

😂😂

the Armani jacket trackie top is nice though 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Ron Maroon said:

😂😂

the Armani jacket trackie top is nice though 

😂👌

1 hour ago, Mollo said:

I think a heart with a 26 in it would have been nice

Definitely

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

This post deserved more credit than it got.

Hahahahaha cheers 👍🏽

PhoenixHearts
51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If it were grey/white with maroon flashes and no god awful slogan it wouldn’t be terrible.

I don’t understand why someone at the club thinks we should have a light blue away kit every year. 

A bit like this?

2021-07-30 17_35_47.669+0100.jpg

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

and this is the real point, we all want hearts to do well, we do well by generating income that we can invest on the pitch. 

100% sales will improve if they take the logo off. You’d think they’d have learned from 2014/15 that most people don’t like cringe stuff like this. 

If only we had fans representing us on the board . . . . oh wait 🙈

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

A bit like this?

2021-07-30 17_35_47.669+0100.jpg

That I think is a solid 7 out of 10.  A perfectly acceptable hearts away kit but I actually think having MND and fell on would improve it and make It less like a training too. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I agree about the home strip.  It looks like something linlithgow would wear.  

Folk might say some posters are just moaning but shite strips like the away kit cost us revenue. 

Anyone know who at the club decides these things?  

A_A wehatethehibs

****ing garbage again SACK whoever is choosing these shite kits year after year 

We've not had a good kit since 2014 

Nookie Bear

Would have been nice to mark Zal in some way. 

Baseball teams will put a number or initials on their sleeve for a season in remembrance and we could have done the same. 

Chizmeister
6 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

As Jim Bowen would say...

HEARTS AWAY KITS.jpg

Far prefer the silver and I'd buy any of these 3 options, actually like the dell one the best, cuffs like the neckline would also improve this and make it a solid 9 imo

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

The Third Kit is brilliant.  Make sure you go for a size up though, it's quite slim fitting :lol: 

That’s a worry.  I switched to large during lockdown.  

That aside, as lovely as it is, I would prefer it, if there were stripes on the back too. 

15 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

As Jim Bowen would say...

HEARTS AWAY KITS.jpg

All of these are an improvement. If it was the first one then could have been favourite

strip this year

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Paolo said:

That’s a worry.  I switched to large during lockdown.  

That aside, as lovely as it is, I would prefer it, if there were stripes on the back too. 

I noticed it being a bit tight over the middle aged spread of a few chaps last Sunday 😆

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Worst strip of my lifetime, easily.

It’s up there.

I’ll be getting it though.

It’s just what I do.

PhoenixHearts

Honestly a good year of kits all together. I'd have preferred a grey/silver away kit like I did in  my mock-ups but it's still quite nice and I will be completing the set and going 3 for 3.

Also as Newton51 said earlier, the Always Hearts thing isn't as bad as you think. It isn't a pandering to fans thing. That would have been "Only Hearts".

Always Hearts comes from the famous Dave Mackay quote. The font choice isn't perfect but I really don't think it "ruins" the kit like some are suggesting.

KITS2122.jpg

rudi must stay

"What about Only Hearts?"

"No that sounds abit depressing. How about Always Hearts?"

"Bingo"

They all shake fists in agreement 

Dave Mackay quote “For as long as I can remember all I wanted in my life, nothing else, was to play for Hearts, which is my dream team. And to play for Scotland. I had no ambition for anything else; always Hearts.”

While it is a Dave Mackay quote, the way Hearts have thrown the tagline onto the shirt is a little tacky. I do like how it looks in the new stand though.

I'd much rather have MND Scotland on the away shirt instead. Too late I guess and think Hearts are trying too hard here... 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Shame none of these players are fit enough to lace Dave Mackay's boots. 😁

Dave Mackay was to be fair to him very good 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Dave Mackay was to be fair to him very good 

Very true. I should have said 'one of his boots' 😁

A_A wehatethehibs

Always Hearts thing probably would’ve been absolutely beloved if it was on white or silver away kit. 

We the fans demand to know WHO this individual is that’s pushing this fake “light blue is our default away colour” thing. This person needs sacked urgently.

3 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Don't get the hate, I like it.

I'm the same. I think it's really nice.

Quite like the signwriter style font on the front too 😃 I think it compliments the rest of the design and does remind me of the old NASL kits that someone shared earlier.