***EURO 2020 - Round of 16***

Cade

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, 151 said:

I'll back out from this now as a far bigger and better person. 

You have already made it clear you show no feelings towards the victims of a holocaust and almost seem to have some sort of fetish towards Germans. You also allude to fear and have also had several little digs, it seems to me you are fearful of anyone with a differing opinion from yourself. 

This started with me saying its a tough one because although always wanting England pumped, I dislike Germany due to their not so recent past. 

Everything that has been added on about turks, USA, other threads being created, and all the other unneccesary comparisons is all irrelevant because everyone is entitled to an opinion. You like Germans? Fair enough. I can't stomach the thought of even being in the company of anyone who's immediate bloodlines commited such atrocities. That's just me. Clearly just me. Out of a nation where practically every single fighting age male went and fought against them we seem to have fell in love with them within a generation. I'd love to hear an account of thoughts on that from the folk who died.

But but but its alright to HATE other scottish football clubs.

So you just effectively admitted you couldn’t even stomach being in the company of the poster who said his grandad was German, because he had a German bloodline?  What a sad little bigot you are.  The fact you are only 32 seems to be make it worse - your comments sound like those of someone who experienced the holocaust or fought in the war.  But no,     you’re only 32!  Wow!  How would you feel about being in the company of Turks, Russians, Serbs, etc whose family members have committed much more recent attrocities?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• milky_26

• Cade

• Maroon Sailor

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Everyone thinks the nazis were murdering scum but that has nothing to do with modern day Germany.

And just because people hold this view doesn't downplay the war and  genocide. 

The world will never advance if we keep on hating due to actions of distant relatives or countrymen. 

And its lazy to say we won the war when it was a lot more complicated that that. 

With your views we will always be hating .

Yeh I get that. 

No one wins a war - apart from whoever is orchestrating usually both sides at the top. I didn't state anything about the war. I even said the German soldiers fighting the fronts were just soldiers. 

I don't want to go into it anymore to be honest I am sick of all the replies and feel like i'm under attack for an opinion. 

I get where you are coming from, if everyone thought like me we would still be at war probably but my original point was just that it is a toss up between England - a country so intolerable in these tournaments its almost sick inducing, and Germany a nation I dislike. 

That was all.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So you just effectively admitted you couldn’t even stomach being in the company of the poster who said his grandad was German, because he had a German bloodline?  What a sad little bigot you are.  The fact you are only 32 seems to be make it worse - your comments sound like those of someone who experienced the holocaust or fought in the war.  But no,     you’re only 32!  Wow!  How would you feel about being in the company of Turks, Russians, Serbs, etc whose family members have committed much more recent attrocities?

"Effectively admitted" being another term for "never said or implied?".

Don't add any more arms and legs pal seriously.

Unless of course you have confirmed the posters Grandad was a member of the SS? Because if you read my posts you'll see my post about the soldiers.

Edited by 151

9/1 an England /France final looks good value .

Fancy France to win it at 4/1 but think I'll split my £20 on both bets 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, 151 said:

Yeh I get that. 

No one wins a war - apart from whoever is orchestrating usually both sides at the top. I didn't state anything about the war. I even said the German soldiers fighting the fronts were just soldiers. 

I don't want to go into it anymore to be honest I am sick of all the replies and feel like i'm under attack for an opinion. 

I get where you are coming from, if everyone thought like me we would still be at war probably but my original point was just that it is a toss up between England - a country so intolerable in these tournaments its almost sick inducing, and Germany a nation I dislike. 

That was all.

No worries man .

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

9/1 an England /France final looks good value .

Fancy France to win it at 4/1 but think I'll split my £20 on both bets 

Italy surely in with a shout. They on Frances side of the draw?

Just now, 151 said:

Italy surely in with a shout. They on Frances side of the draw?

Yeah Portugal/Belgium quarter then France/Spain or Croatia semi final. 

Cant see Bonucci and Chellini staying fit thru the end of the campaign and  they're crucial for them 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Fantastic link.   It starts off by saying:

"The official name of the country is the Kingdom of the Netherlands. King Willem-Alexander is the king of the nation. Holland actually only means the two provinces of Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland. However, the name Holland is often used when all of the Netherlands is meant."

It then goes on to exclusively use the term "Holland" for the rest of the page, and talks about attractions that aren't in the two parts of Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland.  :lol: 

Hahahahaha I have to say I didn’t read it all. I think most folk don’t know the difference, quite interesting though. 

19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Italy must be in with a very good chance of going all the way.

I agree. Mancini has them playing on the front foot and pressing teams. 

31 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Italy must be in with a very good chance of going all the way.

the issue they are in what you would call the harder side of the draw as they will probably need to get past france and belgium before the semis.

i however still think they are in with a good shout of winning it

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the issue they are in what you would call the harder side of the draw as they will probably need to get past france and belgium before the semis.

i however still think they are in with a good shout of winning it

Definitely. Play fluid football and have some very good players.

Wales are 4/1 on Paddy Power to be Denmark. That’s cracking odds.

We know the Welsh are more than capable of getting a result there.

1 hour ago, 151 said:

I'll back out from this now as a far bigger and better person.

No. You won't. :lol:

lol.jpg.fd2f3674821e9aa487dccd309f11f307.jpg

15 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Wales are 4/1 on Paddy Power to be Denmark. That’s cracking odds.

We know the Welsh are more than capable of getting a result there.

If Wales are Denmark who are Denmark going to be? 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If Wales are Denmark who are Denmark going to be? 

Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

:lol:

Cheers for pointing out the typo 👍🏻

Too late to edit though.

Edited by iantjambo

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

:lol:

Cheers for pointing out the typo 👍🏻

Too late to edit though.

Thanks for the tip. Great odds! 

Have the Welsh committed any atrocities? 

::troll:: 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Yes, Gareth Bale’s hair do. 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

John Hartson springs to mind

37 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Charlotte Church?

41 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s not unusual for Tom Jones to get a mention here.  

45 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Rhyl

Kom nu Danmark. 

Think the Danes have more than enough to beat the Welsh. Italy look like they are going to win it, though wouldn't surprise me if fate has a Farewell gift for Jochiam Lowe. 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Fraggle said:

Kom nu Danmark. 

Think the Danes have more than enough to beat the Welsh. Italy look like they are going to win it, though wouldn't surprise me if fate has a Farewell gift for Jochiam Lowe. 

Italy are looking very good but let’s see what happens when they play a decent team.  It’s looking wide open but I expect France and Belgium to move up a gear or two now.  

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Italy are looking very good but let’s see what happens when they play a decent team.  It’s looking wide open but I expect France and Belgium to move up a gear or two now.  

Good point. Don't think many of the "Big guns" have looked all that impressive, but it is the business end now, when as you say, these teams start ramping it up a notch. 

Cant have Italy , played utter shite at home and can't see Bonucci and Chellini standing up to 4 games at this level in such a short time.  Given they'll have to play Belgium/Portugal then France after this I'd be looking elsewhere 

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Cant have Italy , played utter shite at home and can't see Bonucci and Chellini standing up to 4 games at this level in such a short time.  Given they'll have to play Belgium/Portugal then France after this I'd be looking elsewhere 

Played utter shite ?

Won three games without conceding a goal. 
Bonucci and Chiellini are seasoned pros, they’ll be fine !

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Played utter shite ?

Won three games without conceding a goal. 
Bonucci and Chiellini are seasoned pros, they’ll be fine !

As in their opponents 😂

They are both mid 30's and pivotal to the Iralians Catenaccio. Can't see their bodies standing up to Belgium /Portugal , France then  final. Chellini is already carrying an injury. 

All about opinions though 

16 minutes ago, Cade said:

Denmark and Italy for me tomorrow.

Same here.

A wee bit of momentum growing for the Danes.

Similar, although completely different circumstances to Wales last time out.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

As in their opponents 😂

They are both mid 30's and pivotal to the Iralians Catenaccio. Can't see their bodies standing up to Belgium /Portugal , France then  final. Chellini is already carrying an injury. 

Catenaccio? They’re not playing catenaccio. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Catenaccio? They’re not playing catenaccio. 

Obv , it's a term my and my m8's.use for their iron defence , not literally with a sweeper .

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Obv , it's a term my and my m8's.use for their iron defence , not literally with a sweeper .

So basically they have what every team wants. Good defenders. But defenders with a licence to get forward as well. It’s just that they’re good at it. The catenaccio thing gets on my tits, it’s just lazy stereotyping by the British media every time an Italian team does well. There aren’t many great teams not built around solid defence. 

8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So basically they have what every team wants. Good defenders. But defenders with a licence to get forward as well. It’s just that they’re good at it. The catenaccio thing gets on my tits, it’s just lazy stereotyping by the British media every time an Italian team does well. There aren’t many great teams not built around solid defence. 

Easy m8, it's just a coin of phrase we've always used for the Italians superb defensive organisation,  not sure I've ever heard the media use it tbh, although I've seen a few banners over the years in the Italian end with Catenaccio on them tbf .

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Easy m8, it's just a coin of phrase we've always used for the Italians superb defensive organisation,  not sure I've ever heard the media use it tbh, although I've seen a few banners over the years in the Italian end with Catenaccio on them tbf .

I wasn’t having a go at you, it’s just something that always triggers me into a rant. 

Just now, Tazio said:

I wasn’t having a go at you, it’s just something that always triggers me into a rant. 

No probs m8 , I've always loved the Italian defence,  Franco Baresi was the best defender ever to play the game imho , I just feel that time  might catch up with Chiellini and Bonucci as the tournament draws to a conclusion,  but like I say it's only an opinion. 

Maroon Sailor

Think Denmark will be too strong for Wales and I fancy Italy to beat Austria 1-0 again

11 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Football-related posts ONLY, please.

Thank you.

Spoil sport.  😂😂😂😂😂

John Findlay
12 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Charlotte Church?

If the Welsh win today, will they be in church tomorrow?

highlandjambo3

Can we get England pumped out soon cos I’m fed up of footballs coming home and how they will be winning it.

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Mon the Danes inawl! cannie stand the leek eating sheep shaggers!

Anti-Welsh type post, imo.

13 hours ago, Tazio said:

That’s all it is. British media being…well…the British media !

There’s goals in this team and Mancini’s style of play will ensure that. 
We’ll have a better gauge on how good after tonight. Hope they go for it again and send another message.

Forza Azzurri !

And finally, the football is back! :jjyay:

First two of the eight Round-of-16 matches today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match 1) Wales vs Denmark - 1700 BST 

The winner of this game plays the winner of Netherlands/Czech Republic.

Coming from the Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam, Netherlands.

xTGoxLC.jpg

06G22Nf.png Wales

Rescued a point in a 1-1 with Switzerland in their opener. The Swiss were all over the Welsh for the entire game and were punished for their failure to add to their 1-0 lead.

Turkey were bloody awful in their second match, being dispatched 2-0 by the Welsh. The last goal was almost the last kick of the ball.

In the final group match, Wales did well to keep the score down against Italy, only losing 1-0. Switzerland stuffed Turkey 3-1 and Wales ended in 2nd place in the group ahead of the Swiss on goal difference. A very close run thing.

So, 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss. 3 goals scored, 2 against.

Uc2HSkT.png Denmark

Their first match was a chilling, awful night where Christian Eriksen came a baw-hair away from dying on the pitch. The game eventually resumed that same night and Denmark lost it 1-0 to Finland, who had the good grace to look embarrassed to score.

Denmark decided to continue with the competition, putting in a decent display against world #1 Belgium. Denmark took a very early lead in the 2nd minute. I'm sure that Eriksen heard the noise from his hospital bed only a few hundred yards away. Belgium eventually ran out 2-1 winners but the Danes were re-energized by the performance.

Their final group game was a night of high drama. 

Denmark thrashed the appalling Russians 4-1 and Belgium beat Finland 2-0.

This left Denmark, Russia and Finland all level on 3 points. Finland had beaten Denmark, Denmark had beaten Russia and Russia had beaten Finland, so head-to-head was useless in separating them. It all came down to head-to-head goal difference, with Denmark ending top of the pile, grabbing this qualifying slot with both hands. A great story.

1 win, 2 losses, 5 goals scored, 4 goals against.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match 2) Italy vs Austria - 2000 BST

The winner of this game plays the winner of Belgium/Portugal.

Coming from Wembley Stadium, London, England

i9fMkDH.jpg

iM9lyqS.png Italy

The Azzurri have been in imperious, scary form in the group stages.
Destroyed Turkey 3-0 in the first game.
Smashed Switzerland 3-0 in the second game.
Beat the Welsh 1-0 in the final game. Italy had made 8 changes for this game, having already won the group.

Italy are looking less of a "dark horse" and more a "title favourite" with every game.

3 wins from 3, all clean sheets. 7 goals scored. 

AfhZoBY.png Austria

Skooshed North Macedonia 3-1 in their first group game.

Got well beaten 2-0 by the Netherlands in game two.

With the huge gulf in class between the Macedonians and Dutch, it was really hard to tell just how good Austria were.

Their final group game saw a winner-takes-all, do-or-die game against Ukraine, with whoever won getting an automatic qualification spot. The Austrians played out of their skins, running out 1-0 winners in an enthralling game. They are now in uncharted territory, having never progressed to the knock-out stages before.

2 wins, 1 loss, scored 4 goals, 3 against.

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, ramrod said:

As in their opponents 😂

They’ve not played Catenaccio, defensive football with little attacking intent, for a while. 
Time will tell if they can win the tournament but if they keep attacking and scoring goals I hope they or Belgium will.