***EURO 2020 - Round of 16***

Cade

Well that was quite the night.

High drama in Group F!

No more games for a few days :sob:

Anyways here's the Round of 16 match-ups and dates.

All games are on BBC 1 and ITV 1 at the same time. Pick the least annoying commentators. Good luck.

Pretty stadium pictures and team round-ups will be in dedicated threads the night before each game.

SATURDAY 26th June

1700 BST

Wales 06G22Nf.png  vs Uc2HSkT.png Denmark 

Winner plays winner of Netherlands/Czech Republic

2000 BST

Italy iM9lyqS.png  vs  AfhZoBY.png Austria 

Winner plays winner of Belgium/Portugal

SUNDAY 27th June

1700 BST

Netherlands XEJ9aRh.png vs Lj4Bf0D.png Czech Republic

Winner plays winner of Wales/Denmark

2000 BST

Belgium pb6sSDs.png  vs HA8WOSi.png Portugal 

Winner plays winner of Italy/Austria

MONDAY 28th June

1700 BST

Croatia sApWNjr.png vs Dmakaty.png Spain  

Winner plays winner of France/Switzerland

2000 BST

France EOyODl3.png vsgErUZPd.pngSwitzerland 

Winner plays winner of Croatia/Spain

TUESDAY 29th June

1700 BST

England Smbhrhd.png vs DebL2BP.png Germany 

Winner plays winner of Sweden/Ukraine

2000 BST

Sweden 0M6sAlz.png vs wbT7nGf.png Ukraine  

Winner plays winner of England/Germany

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• milky_26

• Cade

• Maroon Sailor

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Euro 2020 last 16 fixtures

Saturday, June 26

Wales vs Denmark (5pm) - Amsterdam

Italy vs Austria (8pm) - Wembley

Sunday, June 27

Netherlands vs Czech Republic (5pm) - Budapest

Belgium vs Portugal (8pm) - Seville

Monday, June 28

Croatia vs Spain - Copenhagen

France vs Switzerland (8pm) - Bucharest

Tuesday, June 29

England vs Germany (5pm) - Wembley

Sweden vs Ukraine (8pm) - Hampden Park

Belgium for example have to beat Portugal, Italy and France just to get to the final. That would be epic. 

Then lose to Denmark or Netherlands. 

Maroon Sailor

Can't see anyone stopping England getting to the final

Germany are gash and they are stronger than the rest in that half

Euro 2020 Quarter-finals schedule: Kick-off times and venues

Friday July 2

Quarter-final 1: France vs Switzerland vs Croatia or Spain; Kick-off 5pm (St Petersburg)

Quarter-final 2: Belgium or Portugal vs Italy or Austria; Kick-off 8pm (Munich)

Saturday July 3

Quarter-final 3: Netherlands or Czech Republic vs Wales or Denmark; Kick-off 5pm (Baku)

Quarter-final 4: Sweden or Ukraine vs England or Germany; Kick-off 8pm (Rome)

SEMI FINALS JULY 6/7 BOTH AT WEMBLEY 8pm

Final Sunday 11/7/21 Wembley

Edited by CJGJ

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

England have scored two goals !

Don’t believe the hype.

They haven't conceded either

Shame its so lopsided, tournament is going to lose good teams quickly and have gash like Sweden, Ukraine, Czechs getting to the semis

For my money the tie of the round is Belgium v Portugal.  I'm looking forward to all of them with fingers crossed for Wales.

Maroon Sailor

Weird how the draw is so lopsided. Spain were the only favourites not to win their group.

Italy                               Netherlands

Belgium                         England

France                           Sweden

Will the two finalists come from the group winners ?

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20210623_222348.jpg

If England beat Germany, they'll go to the final. Easy draw. 

5 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Can't see anyone stopping England getting to the final

Germany are gash and they are stronger than the rest in that half

England are pish. 

Tommy Brown

England's record against Germany in knock-out is pretty dreadful.

'90, '96 & '98 on penalties.

Mexico  '70 and South Africa defeats.

Any i have missed?

Edit:

Other than the obvious one that they won.

Edited by Tommy Brown

8 hours ago, whodanny said:

Croatia have enough to boot boring Spain to feck, 'Mon the Croats !!

however the pressing spain will do will probably nullify modric swinging the game in spains favour

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If England beat Germany, they'll go to the final. Easy draw. 

Holland and Denmark perhaps better than given credit for. 

John Findlay

There is always a bit of a surprise package. Maybe this time it is Sweden. Not much being made of them finishing above both Spain and Poland.

The draw is looking very lop sided with all the big hitters on one side.  Big chance for England or Germany but the rest of the teams in that half will be thinking the same.  

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sorry I forgot this. 

:sarcasm:

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

the danes have a bit more motivation to do well, that could drag them to the final or even to win it

Although all the pre-tournament favourites are in one half of the draw, there is no such thing as an "easy half of the draw".

Every single team is there on merit.

And every single team in the lower half of the draw will also be thinking they have a chance of the final and will play out of their skins.

In true Lawsonian fashion (but without the individual scores), here's how I think things may go:

Round of 16 winners: France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Sweden, England, Czechia, Denmark

Quarter-final winners: France, Belgium (very close though), England, Denmark

Semi-final winners: Belgium, Denmark

Winners: Belgium

Hopefully the UK Government will put Germany on the green list for travel so their fans can travel. Or maybe they will want 60,000 English fans. 

Up to them if they pick all the prospective semi and finalists also so they keep the games at Wembley. 

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hopefully the UK Government will put Germany on the green list for travel so their fans can travel. Or maybe they will want 60,000 English fans. 

Up to them if they pick all the prospective semi and finalists also so they keep the games at Wembley. 

i thought the 60k was only for the semis and final, not the last 16

also merkel wants all EU countries to either ban or have tough quarantine rules for people from the UK so i would doubt we would out them on a green list while we would be on a red list for them

Edited by milky_26

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

England's record against Germany in knock-out is pretty dreadful.

'90, '96 & '98 on penalties.

Mexico  '70 and South Africa defeats.

Any i have missed?

Edit:

Other than the obvious one that they won.

Due to a goal that wasn’t and one when there was fans on the pitch. 1 final and 3 semis in 91 years of competitions. Come on Germany. 

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i thought the 60k was only for the semis and final, not the last 16

also merkel wants all EU countries to either ban or have tough quarantine rules for people from the UK so i would doubt we would out them on a green list while we would be on a red list for them

You are correct. It could be 67,000 for the semis and final.

Less for the other games. I can't see a definite report. Some are saying 40,000. Wembley has 2 last 16 games (Italy v Austria the other). Doesn't have a quarter final game. 

Re travel restrictions just all suggests semi and final should be in Hungary. 

Said it from the start that everything seems to be set up to favour England - Have the FA passed a bung to UEFA?

8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Said it from the start that everything seems to be set up to favour England - Have the FA passed a bung to UEFA?

We will see.Germany that showed up against Portugal will destroy them.Got to show up though as they have looked pretty shit in the other two.As for England topped the group without having to play well at all , so will they go up the gears or is this pretty much what to expect from England.

Edited by vegas-voss

Going for a few predictions based on what we've seen so far:

Wales 1-2 Denmark - Wales have been great, but Denmark have got some energy about them and have players capable of scoring.

Italy 3-1 Austria - Italians are stepping up a gear, but Austria are capable themselves.  Think the Italians just have more to their overall play and will be too strong.

Netherlands 2-0 Czech Republic - The Dutch pace will cause the Czechs all kinds of bother.  Can't see them getting anything against them in return.

Belgium* 2-2 Portugal (Belgium win AET) - This should be a good game.  Ronaldo will want the all time international goal scorer record for himself.  Belgium are good when they get going.  Hard to separate in normal time, but I think Belgium will sneak it before the threat of a penalty shootout.

Croatia 1 - 3 Spain - Spain have been poor in the groups, but showed they are capable of some nice movements and will score goals.  Croatia will struggle to match their energy in the second half.  This should be a good game, but I think Spain will ultimately walk it.

France 2-0 Switzerland - A hard one for the Swiss who haven't done much other than beat a terrible Turkish team.  France haven't been great, but should have more than enough to get through.  I would bet on a draw at half time though.

England 1-2 Germany - Germany have been absolutely gash, but don't lose Last-16 games.  England have scored 2 goals, and couldn't score against us.  I just can't see them getting anything out of this game.

Sweden 3-2 Ukraine - I think this will be the game of the round.  Sweden have looked damn good in qualifying, and look like they're able to score as many goals as they need to get through games.  Ukraine have goals in them as well.  Whatever happens, a team in Blue and Yellow will win.

The Old Tolbooth

England have a terrible record against Germany, Sweden, and the Netherlands when it comes to the knock out stages, I'm currently digging out the flags of those countries just in case :) 

9 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

England have a terrible record against Germany, Sweden, and the Netherlands when it comes to the knock out stages, I'm currently digging out the flags of those countries just in case :) 

england have a poor record in the knockout stages of euros in general, i believe it is only one win

36 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Going for a few predictions based on what we've seen so far:

Wales 1-2 Denmark - Wales have been great, but Denmark have got some energy about them and have players capable of scoring.

Italy 3-1 Austria - Italians are stepping up a gear, but Austria are capable themselves.  Think the Italians just have more to their overall play and will be too strong.

Netherlands 2-0 Czech Republic - The Dutch pace will cause the Czechs all kinds of bother.  Can't see them getting anything against them in return.

Belgium* 2-2 Portugal (Belgium win AET) - This should be a good game.  Ronaldo will want the all time international goal scorer record for himself.  Belgium are good when they get going.  Hard to separate in normal time, but I think Belgium will sneak it before the threat of a penalty shootout.

Croatia 1 - 3 Spain - Spain have been poor in the groups, but showed they are capable of some nice movements and will score goals.  Croatia will struggle to match their energy in the second half.  This should be a good game, but I think Spain will ultimately walk it.

France 2-0 Switzerland - A hard one for the Swiss who haven't done much other than beat a terrible Turkish team.  France haven't been great, but should have more than enough to get through.  I would bet on a draw at half time though.

England 1-2 Germany - Germany have been absolutely gash, but don't lose Last-16 games.  England have scored 2 goals, and couldn't score against us.  I just can't see them getting anything out of this game.

Sweden 3-2 Ukraine - I think this will be the game of the round.  Sweden have looked damn good in qualifying, and look like they're able to score as many goals as they need to get through games.  Ukraine have goals in them as well.  Whatever happens, a team in Blue and Yellow will win.

close to what i think, the differences are belgium to win it in normal time by 2 and croatia to snaek past spain

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, milky_26 said:

england have a poor record in the knockout stages of euros in general, i believe it is only one win

Music to my ears :D 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Music to my ears :D 

and i say win metaphorically as it was on pens v spain so actually no wins as it technically was a draw

England have been to the knock-out stages of the Euros 4 times.

Lost 3 games.

Won 1 game. On penalties. After a 0-0 draw. At a tournament they didn't have to qualify for. 25 years ago.

Maroon Sailor
12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

England are pish. 

So are Germany - that's the problem

A Germany that lost at home to North Macedonia not so long back

Well, sorry @smiler, the Netherlands will always be Holland to me.

Can we still call England, England?  Perhaps Brexit has caused a bit of a stir?

Awaiting your clarification.  👍

14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Don’t call them Holland, Mikey, for goodness sake.

@smiler says that’s wrong.

🙄

Maroon Sailor

Should have kept the National football team as Holland.

The Netherlands is pish

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Should have kept the National football team as Holland.

The Netherlands is pish

:sweeet:

59 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Well, sorry @smiler, the Netherlands will always be Holland to me.

Can we still call England, England?  Perhaps Brexit has caused a bit of a stir?

Awaiting your clarification.  👍

Isn't calling the Netherlands "Holland" like calling Scotland "Glasgow"? 

My Dutch pal always told me never to call it Holland, because it's just a region within NL, and he got quite upset about it :lol:

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Due to a goal that wasn’t and one when there was fans on the pitch. 1 final and 3 semis in 91 years of competitions. Come on Germany. 

Germany will beat England. It’s the Edinburgh derby of International football. It just happens, even when it really shouldn’t.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Germany will beat England. It’s the Edinburgh derby of International football. It just happens, even when it really shouldn’t.

I like your confidence Jimmy 👍🏽

30CF854F-2630-4683-863F-CDC2A588FD53.jpeg