***EURO 2020 - Round of 16***

Cade

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Some people will have trouble turning on the TV this morning.

I would avoid BBC breakfast and Good morning Britain/England

Wise advice!  Just turned it off.  There's no other news it seems.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• milky_26

• Cade

• Maroon Sailor

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga

They never ever learn. Smart way to go would be to keep quiet and just do talking on pitch but no, hype, hype and more hype.

Same happens every tournament, they start off moaning, win one game and then they believe they're gonna win the thing.

Let's hope these ***** get put back in box till the same story gets replayed on Qatar.

36 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Radio 5 Live just as bad. The presenters virtually creaming themselves. 

BBC Breakfast equally as vomit inducing. 

I don't mind the England team. It's everything else associated with them that is annoying. 

By the way there are some shocking comments on Twitter showing a wee German girl in tears beside her dad. 

The comments are disgusting. 

One of the biggest cheers of the afternoon was when that picture came up on the screen. Neanderthals. 

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, King prawn said:

One of the biggest cheers of the afternoon was when that picture came up on the screen. Neanderthals. 

The camera lingered for waaaay too long on her.

To be fair, we've done it on here to kids in the hibs support but nothing like as widespread or as vicious as the social media reaction to that girl last night.

Perhaps JKB could send her some flowers...

SectionDJambo
52 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Radio 5 Live just as bad. The presenters virtually creaming themselves. 

BBC Breakfast equally as vomit inducing. 

I don't mind the England team. It's everything else associated with them that is annoying. 

By the way there are some shocking comments on Twitter showing a wee German girl in tears beside her dad. 

The comments are disgusting. 

It really is no surprise to hear this. I congratulate myself daily for not being someone who is engaged in social media, apart from JKB. A potentially great concept invaded by complete morons.

As for the English football media and fans, they're like Hibs. The more cocky they get, the more fun it is when they mess it up closer to glory. These pundits like Lineker, Shearer, Wright and Ferdinand should pause from their euphoric rhetoric to remind themselves that they are to blame for England taking 55 years to beat Germany in a tournament. They pooped their pants every time they got the chance. 

Then they they could maybe compare the World and European cup winning records of both nations. 

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Cheers C4 👍

Maroon Sailor

Roll on the 12th July when we can begin the process of getting rid of Englandshire news saturating the media.

Then the real stuff can begin on the 31st July 

Rogue Daddy
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Don't worry... in a game or so there will be the obligatory English scapegoat when they are emptied - the one they will all turn on and vilify for missing a penalty, a nutmeg goal, or a sending off... someone they can all blame. Then we can all laugh at their petted lips. Happens EVERY tournament. As someone else said - they'll hibs it!

complete control
29 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Don't worry... in a game or so there will be the obligatory English scapegoat when they are emptied - the one they will all turn on and vilify for missing a penalty, a nutmeg goal, or a sending off... someone they can all blame. Then we can all laugh at their petted lips. Happens EVERY tournament. As someone else said - they'll hibs it!

aye and that scapegoat would have been sterling when muller missed that great chance

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, complete control said:

aye and that scapegoat would have been sterling when muller missed that great chance

Very true!... one thing the commentator got right last night... the Muller of a few years ago would never have missed! This German team looks poor by their, normally high, standards.

complete control
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Very true!... one thing the commentator got right last night... the Muller of a few years ago would never have missed! This German team looks poor by their, normally high, standards.

aye yer right

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Roll on the 12th July when we can begin the process of getting rid of Englandshire news saturating the media.

Then the real stuff can begin on the 31st July 

Never had you down as that sort of guy.

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Never had you down as that sort of guy.

Any excuse for a day off

9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Any excuse for a day off

😂

Yip !

Bet there’s lots of people over the water who enjoy their day off on the 12th but have no interest in the reason for it.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
20 hours ago, milky_26 said:

dont risk it, temporarily move back to scotland for 6 months then the 45 years is reset back to 0

Good advice.  Now that I'm retired, I could do it. 

SwindonJambo

I only live 55 odd miles straight along the M4 from the Welsh border. If the unspeakable happens, I'm tempted to book Monday 12th off and spend the whole day in Wales, where such an occurrence would not be celebrated. Should it come to pass...

John Findlay
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

She can get tae with that top on, half Somali half Swedish and half English 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆

3 halves?