Top Posters In This Topic

• FWJ

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• A Boy Named Crow

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

EF7E05EB-64B3-44E7-9CD0-E186C24F3C2D.jpeg

Will look great sandwiched between Savile and Leslie on on my kitchen 'nonce mug' shelf.

jack D and coke

Half this lot will celebrating in here will die in their 50’s after being on the brew or working for a tenner an hour most of their sorry lives worshipping a woman who spent millions bailing out her nonce laddie with their tax dollars to a woman he’d apparently never met.

On your knees peasants😂

JudyJudyJudy

Working from home and there’s a real racket of music coming from the old folks home up my street . They must have a live band on 

“ the wonder of you “ “ the green green grass of home “ “ blanket on the ground”  et al 

currently a Beatles medley . Actually enjoying it now . You know what  , if some older people are enjoying it and celebrating it , who am I to mock it really  ! 

Still need a republic though 

👍

omg now it’s the okey cokey ffs 

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Will look great sandwiched between Savile and Leslie on on my kitchen 'nonce mug' shelf.

:lol: 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Wonderful stuff🇬🇧🇬🇧

684236AE-D63A-41AE-80DE-A2446048679A.png

Surely everyone loves a Hitler mug.

Lot - ADOLF HITLER'S PERSONAL SHAVING MUG

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Del Boy letting the queens feelings be known…Will I Am sitting there🤣🤣

Cheeky

SwindonJambo
On 01/06/2022 at 09:03, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

You forgot enslaving people and the concentration camps.

The royal family need to be made extinct.

I fully agree with abolishing the Monarchy. All around me in the village I live in there’s bunting and flags and a village fete tomorrow. I will be ignoring and playing no part in it. I don’t get into a stooshie about the Royals, I just treat them with total apathy and indifference and hopefully one day they’ll become part of history and an irrelevance.

As for your other point, far too many people are too eager to pin all the ills of empire on the English. Very  wrong as it was, It was a joint enterprise between Scotland and England with Scots playing a very active part in it and every inch as guilty. Just Look how many West Indians have Scottish surnames. Glasgow prospered massively off the back of Empire with streets named after slave traders such as Buchanan and Dundas. It was known as the 2nd city of The British Empire. We cannot simply airbrush our part of Empire out of history.

Professor Sir Tom Devine, himself an Independence supporter wrote a book about it, Scotland’s Empire.

38 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh hai....

20220531_204741.jpg

Always think it poor to drag out these pictures that are 90 odd years old, especially the ones with them as kids 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Always think it poor to drag out these pictures that are 90 odd years old, especially the ones with them as kids 

It's terrible.:10900:

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I fully agree with abolishing the Monarchy. All around me in the village I live in there’s bunting and flags and a village fete tomorrow. I will be ignoring and playing no part in it. I don’t get into a stooshie about the Royals, I just treat them with total apathy and indifference and hopefully one day they’ll become part of history and an irrelevance.

As for your other point, far too many people are too eager to pin all the ills of empire on the English. Very  wrong as it was, It was a joint enterprise between Scotland and England with Scots playing a very active part in it and every inch as guilty. Just Look how many West Indians have Scottish surnames. Glasgow prospered massively off the back of Empire with streets named after slave traders such as Buchanan and Dundas. It was known as the 2nd city of The British Empire. We cannot simply airbrush our part of Empire out of history.

Professor Sir Tom Devine, himself an Independence supporter wrote a book about it, Scotland’s Empire.

Brilliant book, all of his are. 
I had him as a lecturer and when I read his work I hear it in his voice 🤔😂🤪.

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Hesh said:

I know, it's appalling. It was only 20 years or so after the family squabble between their great uncles killed around 40 million. You'd think they'd have shown a bit of intelligence.

Nothing like hedging your bets though 👍

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

:wtf:

1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

:biggrin:

il Duce McTarkin
39 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:wtf:

All taken out of context, mate.

This is the family and ambassador she was talking to at the time.

Denver's Gorilla Run sets world record – The Denver Post

See if you can guess which one is Jimmy Savile.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Yes, hoose jocks kow-towing to the monarchy.

il Duce McTarkin
22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

One in the blue bikini isn’t a total write off, TBF.

::thatshot::

:sadrobbo:

SwindonJambo
19 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Yes, hoose jocks kow-towing to the monarchy.

Neither of us were around at the time to judge them. They were Scots, like any other Scots with whatever different views , seizing on opportunities to make money and plenty of them got involved. Future independence will not erase their actions from history, nor should it. It should always be sensibly acknowledged. As Sir Tom Devine says.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

Neither of us were around at the time to judge them. They were Scots, like any other Scots with whatever different views , seizing on opportunities to make money and plenty of them got involved. Future independence will not erase their actions from history, nor should it. It should always be sensibly acknowledged. As Sir Tom Devine says.

They weren't like any other Scots, though. A lot them could vote.

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

They weren't like any other Scots, though. A lot them could vote.

And others couldn’t.  Again let’s not judge the past by the standards of the present. History is there to be acknowledged, learnt from and we move on. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

And others couldn’t.  Again let’s not judge the past by the standards of the present. History is there to be acknowledged, learnt from and we move on. 

The rich hoose jocks had the vote, the workers didn't. The hoose jocks bankrupted themselves with the Darien project, and then voted to join with England, so they could clear their debt. They were nothing like the averge Scottish person.

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The rich hoose jocks had the vote, the workers didn't. The hoose jocks bankrupted themselves with the Darien project, and then voted to join with England, so they could clear their debt. They were nothing like the averge Scottish person.

Same as the average English person, no?

20 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

True. Thank feck someone said it.

Japan Jambo
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

good lord.

Japan Jambo

Poor Andy has Covid according to the news. Terrible timing just before the big bash and all... surprised Witchell managed to keep a straight face.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Nick Robinson told us the queen brings us all together no matter which class

:rofl:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I couldn't care less about them.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Hesh said:

I think it's worth remembering that she was brought up throwing zieg heils about the place myself

Konrad von Carstein
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think it's worth remembering that she was brought up throwing zieg heils about the place myself

But,  but, the SNP were supporting the Nazis... Said many a f*ckwit who is against Indy.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

SwindonJambo
45 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Or, alternatively, and as can be seen from some of the nattiest of nats, history is there to produce humungous chips on people's shoulders.

I'm all for self-determination, but some self-awareness appears to be a more urgent matter for some.

There is that. When the nobbery who blew their wealth on the ill fated Darien Scheme, literally no-one anywhere had universal suffrage back then, with voting limited to the landed elite. It was the same everywhere. In fact most Western Democracies have only had the vote for all adults for around 100 years.

Again it's historic context.  They took advantage of the very flawed system in place at the time. Those who got their fingers burnt by Darien were offered a route out and they took it, just like nearly everyone in their position probably would. Like it or not, when the push comes to the shove most people are motivated by self interest. You can get as bitter and twisted as you like about it but them's the facts. All over the World, people vote for whoever thinks will make them better off - left wing parties for the poor and right wing parties for the wealthy.

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Poor Andy has Covid according to the news. Terrible timing just before the big bash and all... surprised Witchell managed to keep a straight face.

Nice to see him in the news for something positive for a change. 

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I couldn't care less about them.

That's the spirit. I feel the same about catholics and blacks.

il Duce McTarkin
31 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

All over the World, people vote for whoever thinks will make them better off - left wing parties for the poor and right wing parties for the wealthy.

And nationalist parties for the xenophobes and racists.

Do most Rangers fans just like the queen as a way of winding up Celtic fans? In the same way as Celtic fans love Ireland and republicanism to wind up huns? 

What a bunch of sad prickz 

Riccarton3
55 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

👍

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

:lol:

Edited by Dirk McClaymore