New shirt sponsor - Dell and MND Scotland

fuzzy717

The financial aspect was not given in the statement, the only way it should be. The focus should be on the partnership,  the way it will make an impact to the charity and the club will obviously get more media coverage and improve the clubs stature. 

Not a penny will come from MND for the sponsorship.  Rightly so. We have increased our shirt revenue by adding a second sponsor (DELL) on the back of the kit. This payment is significant and a new income stream. 

The club will receive 4 payments over the next 2 years as a result of this sponsorship.  For the avoidance of doubt the payments will be made by someone recently recruited to the board.

Also a great marketing strategy to make a donation from each shirt sale to MND. Increasing the opportunity of sale streams. Potential of non football fans or fans from other clubs/countries because the charity is of significance or meaning to them. 

All round good deal.

Oh....forgot to say the 4 payments over 2 years,  lets just say the timings of each payment is going to make a real difference to the department we all want to improve ;)

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• i8hibsh

• Unknown user

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

The financial aspect was not given in the statement, the only way it should be. The focus should be on the partnership,  the way it will make an impact to the charity and the club will obviously get more media coverage and improve the clubs stature. 

Not a penny will come from MND for the sponsorship.  Rightly so. We have increased our shirt revenue by adding a second sponsor (DELL) on the back of the kit. This payment is significant and a new income stream. 

The club will receive 4 payments over the next 2 years as a result of this sponsorship.  For the avoidance of doubt the payments will be made by someone recently recruited to the board.

Also a great marketing strategy to make a donation from each shirt sale to MND. Increasing the opportunity of sale streams. Potential of non football fans or fans from other clubs/countries because the charity is of significance or meaning to them. 

All round good deal.

Oh....forgot to say the 4 payments over 2 years,  lets just say the timings of each payment is going to make a real difference to the department we all want to improve ;)

Are we the only club with departments? 😂

Anyway, that's all very informative and encouraging.

Very noble gesture from the club but I am more interested in who will be be filling these jerseys with our new sponsor after all we are football club

7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Just a feeling ….. 

First time I’ve felt this way & that perhaps my desires & ambitions for Hearts don’t match those of the leadership team. I want Hearts to be a major club known far and wide for their footballing prowess not a local club supporting the community!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Jesus Christ. I’ve seen it all now.   

45 minutes ago, pointon said:

Very noble gesture from the club but I am more interested in who will be be filling these jerseys with our new sponsor after all we are football club

It's not a noble gesture from the club; it's a noble gesture from DELL.

Maroonblood22
7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Just a feeling that I have (which I’m entitled to have)  …..  understand the emotional ‘Marius card’ and understand the cause and grief and torment the illness causes. And please watch your language it’s belittles a reasonable point you are trying to make ..

Cannot believe you've actually used the term 'the emotional Marius Card' in this context.

I don't get triggered by much on here but that's ****ing bang out of order.

Brilliant sponsorship(s) agreement's for next season, i am delighted we have MND on our shirts next season, the dell one is interesting, hopefully worth a couple of bob, lets hope we have a good season on the park to follow up with that.

45 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

It's not a noble gesture from the club; it's a noble gesture from DELL.

Donations from every shirt sale to MND Scotland is a fantastic gesture from the club.

8 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Jesus wept.

A local charity is a step down?

Zal was Lithuanian, what difference does it make what the geographical location of the charity is?

If you've got time to worry about that triviality you must be truly blessed.

I think it's a dig at DELL, obviously not a big enough name or company.

Jamtastico

Oh my days... I guess some want to go back to the days of Wonga! 😂

Great sponsorship and partners for now and in the future. Both this and save the children have shown the world we are a different type of club to many out there.

Thank you to everyone involved to make this happen!

4 minutes ago, superjack said:

I think it's a dig at DELL, obviously not a big enough name or company.

Exactly. DELL that measures its revenue in billions isn't big enough? Or our new four letter sponsor isn't up to the eight of Beep Beep that the tramps have?

😂

Some genuine good news and a display of corporate social responsibility from DELL and Hearts, but some people still need to have a pop and bash out the snide remarks. Mental. 

18 minutes ago, Homme said:

Donations from every shirt sale to MND Scotland is a fantastic gesture from the club.

That, yes. But that is not the bit they were referring to, IMO.

Edited by spacerjoe

tokyowalnut

😄 Dell aren’t the local computer repair shop on Gorgie Road. I think it’s fantastic, the link up with MND Scotland is perfect. 

Dell aren’t big enough for us 😄

B6729115-6DBF-4812-BB4C-5EAABDA4F0DD.jpeg

For a variety of reasons, I'm very pleased with this.  I don't have the figures, but I don't need them.  It just feels right on a number of levels.

I hope Big Zal's family get just another wee bit of comfort from this.

10 hours ago, Mollo said:

Disappointing and underwhelming in what way? Just a genuine question.?

The sponsor is Dell, the name on the shirt is MND

Hearts setting up with a massive international name and using the partnership to raise awareness of a devastating condition.. seems adventurous, admirable, exciting and satisfactory to me. 

Just curious as to what the disappointment is?

Agree entirely. This is good, really good.

Saint Jambo
7 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

This bit of your posts confuses me. Are you saying that James Anderson is the one paying to have both MND and Dell on the shirts? Why would he pay to have Dell on the shirts? The statement is says Dell are paying. "Dell Technologies funded the front of the home shirt on behalf of MND Scotland."

Are you able to provide any more detail about the logos that will be on the away/ 3rd kit front/back? As has been pointed out, the statement says MND will be on the front of the home strip.

50 minutes ago, Homme said:

It is fantastic. It is the bit where I hope in time they will be transparent about the financial side. When companies promote that a donation to a charity will be made per sale, I think they should tell the customer how much.

Biffa Bacon
17 minutes ago, Haken said:

For a variety of reasons, I'm very pleased with this.  I don't have the figures, but I don't need them.  It just feels right on a number of levels.

I hope Big Zal's family get just another wee bit of comfort from this.

Absolutely this, let's trust the board to get a deal that they are comfortable with, they don't need armchair accountants on here to verify the finer details.

The name 'MND Scotland' is probably not as well known as it should be. I wonder how many people stopped in the street and asked who they are would immediately make the connection with motor neurone disease. 

I hope there are other plans afoot to bring greater public awareness of what the name on our shirt represents.

That would be a real result for society in general and hopefully help ease the burden for people impacted by this terrible illness.

Its a great honour for Hearts to be connected in this way and of course we provide a vehicle for benefactors to help this charity. 

A big well done to all involved in making this happen.

siegementality

Maybe it’s just me, but personally I’ve never been “blown away” by who sponsors Hearts. Save the Children and MND are two fantastic charities/causes and we should be proud to have them on our strips.

I’m really at a loss to see why anyone could be “disappointed”, especially given no-one knows (unless I’m wrong) the financial worth of this sponsorship deal. 

If people are disappointed with this sponsorship deal then I think they need a sense of perspective.

kingantti1874

A fantastic charity, a charity which has affected the club the players and clearly many of our fans. 

A top technology company who make some of the very best equipment available 

and a small minority fans are moaning. Jesus Christ.  We really do have some fans who don’t live in the real world don’t we

siegementality

All round good deal.

Nice to see you’ve moved on from guessing signings to now knowing the inside track on sponsorship deals 🤭

9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Just a feeling that I have (which I’m entitled to have)  …..  understand the emotional ‘Marius card’ and understand the cause and grief and torment the illness causes. And please watch your language it’s belittles a reasonable point you are trying to make ..

And what point is it you're trying to make? 

"emotional Marius card" on top of your other comment tells me everything I need to know about what kind of person you are.  

All round good deal.

👍

Governor Tarkin
On 19/05/2021 at 13:47, Wilson said:

Much better we get a sponsor to encourage more of us to drink.

Neilson's snoreball does a great job of that.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Two good sponsors but I don’t think anyone is blown away, look forward to see how they look on the new strips. 

Everyone's definition of blown away will be different but the club managing to please around 99% of people on JKB is impressive these days.

Diadora Van Basten

Think the club have got this one right. It’s just a pity our decision making on football matters wasn’t as good.

Its pretty funny reading the grumbles on Kickback to what should only be a good news story.

JamboAndrew
1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

😄 Dell aren’t the local computer repair shop on Gorgie Road. I think it’s fantastic, the link up with MND Scotland is perfect. 

Dell aren’t big enough for us 😄

B6729115-6DBF-4812-BB4C-5EAABDA4F0DD.jpeg

This made me laugh.

Dell as a sponsor is a real coup.

I flicked through this thread looking for that most rare of things, a thread where everyone agrees and is happy. How can you not be excited by Dell and MND?

I should have known better.

Auldbenches

It's the perfect time to have MND Scotland on our shirts.  I'm sure there was something a few months ago saying they had made a significant breakthrough with medication that helps with this illness.   The money they receive from this deal could help them get over the line.  

I'd rather this type of sponsorship than a big betting company, even if it means a couple of thousand less. 

Not a righteous sense, but I'm glad our club are getting involved with things like this as it might inspire other clubs to avoid the usual type sponsors.  With things like this and giving people a loving wage, you can feel nothing but proud that we are taking route. 

Philanthropists like james Anderson know where their money is needed and they won't have picked this charity lightly.  

Couldn't give a shite if it impacts on our image with other fans 

Good on the club for this. 

johnthomas
11 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Just a feeling ….. 

First time I’ve felt this way & that perhaps my desires & ambitions for Hearts don’t match those of the leadership team. I want Hearts to be a major club known far and wide for their footballing prowess not a local club supporting the community!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

You weren't slightly underwhelmed having Wonga as a sponsor ?

The Old Tolbooth

I think this is a cracking announcement, there's plenty things at Hearts right now to vent your spleen at, but I tell you what, this is not one of them! I genuinely can't believe folk are losing their shit over this ffs! :lol:

Geddyalexneil
36 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It's the perfect time to have MND Scotland on our shirts.  I'm sure there was something a few months ago saying they had made a significant breakthrough with medication that helps with this illness.   The money they receive from this deal could help them get over the line.  

I'd rather this type of sponsorship than a big betting company, even if it means a couple of thousand less. 

Not a righteous sense, but I'm glad our club are getting involved with things like this as it might inspire other clubs to avoid the usual type sponsors.  With things like this and giving people a loving wage, you can feel nothing but proud that we are taking route. 

Philanthropists like james Anderson know where their money is needed and they won't have picked this charity lightly.  

Couldn't give a shite if it impacts on our image with other fans 

Good on the club for this. 

Excellent post.

I do love the idea of a "LOVNG wage". I wouldn't mind that either😀

MND Scotland, a local charity? yes they support families in SCOTLAND who are impacted by this disease, they are linked with most (would say all but can't be sure of that) other MND charities, and the pioneering work that they do through EDINBURGH University is for the betterment of the WHOLE WORLD. I fail to see how this can be seen as "a local charity"

the fact that a multi-billion dollar (American) company are joining in partnership with this "local" charity (a charity the have other tie in's with through other branches) surely can't be seen as a step back?

we (as in Hearts and DELL) are supporting an extremely good cause, DELL are not only giving money to the club, but also a "local" charity as well as upgrading our IT infrastructure which is well over due.

name one other sponsorship venture that could cover all of this, and in so doing, give publicity for a charity that is extremely close to it's core fan base!

the blown away part is that OUR club has managed to secure this and to hopefully pioneer similar sponsorships throughout the footballing world, to help rid us of the "traditional" football sponsors.

that seems pretty global to me 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

Everyone's definition of blown away will be different but the club managing to please around 99% of people on JKB is impressive these days.

Just poor terminology, if she had said it was something that would make us proud for example it would’ve been better.
It’s been an eye opener to see how many people that know someone or have lost a close relative to this horrific disease. 

Not read a lot of this thread as anyone who has time to be negative about a short sponsor clearly lives quite a sheltered life, its that simple...

It may have been covered already, but if not, can you imagine the pride Zal's family will have....knowing how much again he means to us as fans and a club....quite extraordinary...its really off the scale the whole package here....amazing... 🙂

Rogue Daddy
10 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

All round good deal.

Nice one 👍

Very proud of the club for backing MND. Well done Hearts and JA, of course!

33 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Nice one 👍

Very proud of the club for backing MND. Well done Hearts and JA, of course!

Simple way to make sense of it all:

Dell have paid for front shirt sponsorship,  and MND get free advertising...

The income from dell is a new revenue and in this deal is more financially valuable to the club whilst also making a new income opportunity with an additional space on the shirts. It has the potential to get 2 big sponsorship incomes in the future. 

We will get more income from dell on the back than we have had from one company on the front.  Basically it means MND sponsorship was paid for by dell.

JA was very much involved with this. He was part of Balle Gifford who fund dell. He also has a strong passion with MND Scotland. As such dell insisted on MND being on the strip. JA is also going to make a donation to the club twice annually as a gift (on behalf of MND)

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

This bit of your posts confuses me. Are you saying that James Anderson is the one paying to have both MND and Dell on the shirts? Why would he pay to have Dell on the shirts? The statement is says Dell are paying. "Dell Technologies funded the front of the home shirt on behalf of MND Scotland."

Are you able to provide any more detail about the logos that will be on the away/ 3rd kit front/back? As has been pointed out, the statement says MND will be on the front of the home strip.

It is fantastic. It is the bit where I hope in time they will be transparent about the financial side. When companies promote that a donation to a charity will be made per sale, I think they should tell the customer how much.

See above.

6 minutes ago, Gav M said:

does that mean we're getting Rodney back?

Rodney at the back Boycie in attack 

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, Geddyalexneil said:

Excellent post.

I do love the idea of a "LOVNG wage". I wouldn't mind that either😀

😄😄

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I think this is a cracking announcement, there's plenty things at Hearts right now to vent your spleen at, but I tell you what, this is not one of them! I genuinely can't believe folk are losing their shit over this ffs! :lol:

Yep some total numbnuts on here but that's kickback for you.

Rogue Daddy
42 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

The income from dell is a new revenue and in this deal is more financially valuable to the club whilst also making a new income opportunity with an additional space on the shirts. It has the potential to get 2 big sponsorship incomes in the future. 

We will get more income from dell on the back than we have had from one company on the front.  Basically it means MND sponsorship was paid for by dell.

JA was very much involved with this. He was part of Balle Gifford who fund dell. He also has a strong passion with MND Scotland. As such dell insisted on MND being on the strip. JA is also going to make a donation to the club twice annually as a gift (on behalf of MND)

Cheers for the info mate 👍

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Think the club have got this one right. It’s just a pity our decision making on football matters wasn’t as good.

Its pretty funny reading the grumbles on Kickback to what should only be a good news story.

Reading various posts this is where I'm at. Gone are the days of being sponsored by drinks companies, payday loan companies etc. This deal is a real credit to those who made it happen and reflects very positively on our club. I hope it helps MND Scotland in achieving their objectives over the coming years.

If we were as good as our on field activities as we are with our off field performances, this place would be a much happier one. Whilst I look forward to the start of every season, this one feels different - I think we could be pleasantly surprised.

We should sell sponsorship of the stadium, the stands, the fans bar, the hospitality suites and the plaza too.

Must be a goldmine to be made.

I honestly can't see how this could be viewed as anything other than positive news - and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of fans will be delighted with the announcement. As far as I'm concerned anything that hastens the day we have a cure for MND is a positive thing - and if Hearts are involved in assisting that quest then all the better.

Dougie Masterton
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

So much sensitive information ends up with a random on KB. 🤷🏻‍♂️