• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• i8hibsh

• Unknown user

2 hours ago, Norm said:

No, just the standard announcement they normally make about the value of sponsorship deals would be fine. 

Why?

Why do you need to know?

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Excellent choice of sponsor and the added bonus of the link with Dell meaning we can get our IT infrastructure up to date with good advice and technical help

Under the current ownership there is going to be a focus from time to time on more charitable organisations and how could anyone really object to that ?

Our match timer might go past 45 for added time! Cannae wait

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Why?

Why do you need to know?

So he can complain and moan about it not being enough

Just looking for anything to give the club/owner a little kick with....a bit sad really

31 minutes ago, sadj said:

Whats the media reaction to it?

It’s not old firm news so I expect very little. 

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Am I the only one slightly suspicious that there's absolutely zero mention of the amount this is worth? 

It'll be enough. 

ScandinavianJambo
On 19/05/2021 at 15:54, tian447 said:

There are certain things that certain posters need to shut the **** up about and realise are totally out of line for criticising.

Moaning about Hearts being sponsored by a charity is the lowest of the the ****ing low.  I am getting absolutely sick and tired of reading it on every single thread, but this one is just too far.

MND is a devastating illness, one that affects many people in the country, some of our supporters, some of our family members, and our old Club Captain who recently passed away due to it.  Imagine being so far up your own arse that you dare question why the club might be going down this route, instead of getting (how did you word it), "a big stinking multi million pound dirty sponsor"?

**** right off.

100% with you!

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Why?

Why do you need to know?

I don't. I just find it odd that an announcement of our new major shirt sponsor has absolutely zero mention of finance like 99.99% of all other major shirt sponsors. I don't need to know exact amounts. I dont even need to know the x figure sum over x years. I'm simply observing it's unusual for neither of these things to be mentioned. 

My use of "suspicious" was a wrong choice of words and appears to have people thinking I'm having a pop at the club. I'm not. I'm just saying I thought it was weird a major sponsorship announcment has no mention of finance. 

26 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So he can complain and moan about it not being enough

Just looking for anything to give the club/owner a little kick with....a bit sad really

See above post. 

*Edit - Okay, the one above that.*

Edited by Norm

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don't. I just find it odd that an announcement of our new major shirt sponsor has absolutely zero mention of finance like 99.99% of all other major shirt sponsors. I don't need to know exact amounts. I dont even need to know the x figure sum over x years. I'm simply observing it's unusual for neither of these things to be mentioned. 

My use of "suspicious" was a wrong choice of words and appears to have people thinking I'm having a pop at the club. I'm not. I'm just saying I thought it was weird a major sponsorship announcment has no mention of finance. 

It's over 2 years.

Only the amount has not been disclosed.

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Fine by me. No tacky pay day loans or Asian betting websites ruining our strips.

This, big time 

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's over 2 years.

Only the amount has not been disclosed.

I know. Which is why it's unusual. Because the length of time is normally, in these circumstances, either preceded or followed with "for half a million/a million/a six figure sum/high six figure sum/seven figure sum/**** you type money if you're Man Utd". 

Again, not bothered that the club hasn't, just an observation that it's unusual not to mention anything about money. That's primarily the reason we have sponsorship deals. Now, to emphasise, absolutely delighted we're carrying on with the charity sponsors. The arrangement with Dell could be great. Happy with it all. Just surprised there's no hint of the cash value. That's it. No ulterior motive. Just an honest observation that was initially badly worded. 

Edited by Norm

niblick1874
44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20210607_192651.jpg

Waw. That's some picture.

Genuine question (asked earlier but got no response)...do Dell manufacture big screens for stadiums? Could this be part of the infrastructure improvements they’re bringing to the table? Am chokin on a couple of big screens at Tynie 😩

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

I know. Which is why it's unusual. Because the length of time is normally, in these circumstances, either preceded or followed with "for half a million/a million/a six figure sum/high six figure sum/seven figure sum/**** you type money if you're Man Utd". 

Again, not bothered that the club hasn't, just an observation that it's unusual not to mention anything about money. That's primarily the reason we have sponsorship deals. Now, to emphasise, absolutely delighted we're carrying on with the charity sponsors. The arrangement with Dell could be great. Happy with it all. Just surprised there's no hint of the cash value. That's it. No ulterior motive. Just an honest observation that was initially badly worded. 

About 20 posts to let us all know you're not bothered😂😂

This is an amazing type up with Dell a MND but I would like to see us be successful of the park as well at the end of the day we are a football team

Jean Louis Valois

Amazing gesture from the club and I applaud those who have made it happen, such an important charity. Don't usually buy a top these days but will definitely be getting one this season.

stevie1874

Delighted with the new sponsor. Lost a friend to this horrible disease and when you think of our cup winning captain it just makes sense. Well done Hearts 👍

40 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Only because people keep responding to me! 

:lol:

Honestly, it was just a bloody observation, wish I hadn't said anything now! 

:lol:

Edited by Norm

Bunny Munro

As others have said this is fantastic, like much we do off the field. Hopefully JS is focused on making this season one to remember on the park.

Four faces
33 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Awe FFS! The poster who's history i'm not aware of has made a relevant observation.He's went out his way (hence the 20 posts)in order to explain to thickets like you, he is not criticising the deal itself.it's like a bloody pile on from all the sensitive souls on the board.Now! tell me where he says something factually incorrect.try making it fully with words and refrain from using wee funny faces.

It (new shirt sponsor) feels a little bit disappointing & underwhelming!

Whilst the cause (& I’m sure the commercial aspects) are admirable & I do recognise the devastating impact the illness has the sponsorship doesn’t feel quite ambitious enough for the Hearts I want!

Having a local sponsor feels a step down from a national one (ie Save the Children) and certainly falls short of an international one.

Maybe this reflects Hearts ambitions as a club, ie local not national or international!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Whilst the cause (& I’m sure the commercial aspects) are admirable & I do recognise the devastating impact the illness has the sponsorship doesn’t feel quite ambitious enough for the Hearts I want!

Having a local sponsor feels a step down from a national one (ie Save the Children) and certainly falls short of an international one.

Maybe this reflects Hearts ambitions as a club, ie local not national or international!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Local as in Texas based company with UK independent supplier? 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Local as in Texas based company with UK independent supplier? 

MND SCOTLAND?

Four faces
47 minutes ago, pointon said:

This is an amazing type up with Dell a MND but I would like to see us be successful of the park as well at the end of the day we are a football team

Careful.There a gang on this thread who will twist yer words and accuse you of nagativity.I agree with you for what that's worth.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thought local was Gorgie

That is really parochial….

jambopilms
4 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Careful.There a gang on this thread who will twist yer words and accuse you of nagativity.I agree with you for what that's worth.

I think everyone wants us to be successful on and off the park. 

Four faces
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

I think everyone wants us to be successful on and off the park. 

Obviously.What i was getting at is there is a lot on this thread who  see the word but and think it to be some sort of veiled criticism of the deal.

Really we are being sponsored by Dell, an international brand and we are both using their charitable side for front of shirt. Sell on the back of jersey 

weegie jambo

This is wonderful news and is a credit to Hearts that we have continued with a charity sponsorship and a great tribute to Zal.

On a side issue I've just watched Ruth Davidson's Channel 4 documentary on betting companies sponsorship in football. Some truly shocking facts were revealed.  I'm no fan of the Tories but she did a good job of exposing a blight on society that does football no credit.

33 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Disappointing and underwhelming in what way? Just a genuine question.?

The sponsor is Dell, the name on the shirt is MND

Hearts setting up with a massive international name and using the partnership to raise awareness of a devastating condition.. seems adventurous, admirable, exciting and satisfactory to me. 

Just curious as to what the disappointment is?

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️

How the **** can someone see the news that we're having MND Scotland as our shirt sponsor, and draw the conclusion that Hearts are going to just aim to be a wee team from Edinburgh instead of competing in the international tournaments? 

How can someone see the association with this particular charity as a negative point, given that one of the few Scottish Cup winning Captains this club has very recently passed away due to the condition?

**** right off.   I'm actually disgusted at the people that are using this particular cause as a stick to beat the club with. Absolutely sickening.  Have a word. 

Edited by tian447

43 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Disappointing and underwhelming in what way? Just a genuine question.?

The sponsor is Dell, the name on the shirt is MND

Hearts setting up with a massive international name and using the partnership to raise awareness of a devastating condition.. seems adventurous, admirable, exciting and satisfactory to me. 

Just curious as to what the disappointment is?

Just a feeling ….. 

First time I’ve felt this way & that perhaps my desires & ambitions for Hearts don’t match those of the leadership team. I want Hearts to be a major club known far and wide for their footballing prowess not a local club supporting the community!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

How the **** can someone see the news that we're having MND Scotland as our shirt sponsor, and draw the conclusion that Hearts are going to just aim to be a wee team from Edinburgh instead of competing in the international tournaments? 

How can someone see the association with this particular charity as a negative point, given that one of the few Scottish Cup winning Captains this club has very recently passed away due to the condition?

**** right off. 

Just a feeling that I have (which I’m entitled to have)  …..  understand the emotional ‘Marius card’ and understand the cause and grief and torment the illness causes. And please watch your language it’s belittles a reasonable point you are trying to make ..

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Just a feeling ….. 

First time I’ve felt this way & that perhaps my desires & ambitions for Hearts don’t match those of the leadership team. I want Hearts to be a major club known far and wide for their footballing prowess not a local club supporting the community!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

But you can’t be disappointed with something for an unknown reason. 

Your ambitions FOR Hearts? I just don’t follow. 

You want us known far and wide for footballing reasons… and think a modern innovative sponsorship deal in the boardroom disappoints on the ‘footballing prowess’ front?

I couldn’t tell you half the shirt sponsors in the EPL, I have no idea who sponsor Milan, Madrid, or 99% of the clubs in Europe. 

Baffling, sorry, not being offensive - but either you’re massively overthinking, or on the wind up..?

Edited by Mollo
Spelling

adambraejambo

♥️♥️♥️♥️

A local sponsor? It MND Scotland not MND McLeod St branch.  Also through Dell. How is that local. I personally delighted with the news. 

1 minute ago, Mollo said:

But you can’t be disappointed with something for an unknown reason. 

Your ambitions FOR Hearts? I just don’t follow. 

You want us known far and wide for footballing reasons… and think a modern innovative sponsorship deal in the boardroom disappoints on the ‘footballing prowess’ front?

I couldn’t tell you have the shirt sponsors in the EPL, I have no idea who sponsor Milan, Madrid, or 99% of the clubs in Europe. 

Baffling, sorry, not being offensive - but either you’re massively overthinking, or on the wind up..?

Just a feeling I have, maybe it’s due to other matters I don’t know, it’s just how I feel, I can’t help that.

I've made my comment, I’ve nothing to add so let’s all move on ….

20 minutes ago, tian447 said:

**** right off.   I'm actually disgusted at the people that are using this particular cause as a stick to beat the club with. Absolutely sickening.  Have a word. 

I'm 100% with you on that mate.  Well said.

♥️♥️♥️♥️

MND SCOTLAND?

Jesus wept.

A local charity is a step down?

Zal was Lithuanian, what difference does it make what the geographical location of the charity is?

If you've got time to worry about that triviality you must be truly blessed.

10 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Just a feeling I have, maybe it’s due to other matters I don’t know, it’s just how I feel, I can’t help that.

Fair play. I do try to understand an opinion I can’t share. I respect we’re all different. 

Usually disappointment comes with some clarification, in this case maybe you’d like a better cosmetic look to the shirt, or perhaps the value (if known) of the deal underwhelms. 

As a deal it’s a pretty shrewd move, two new associates with our club now, one massive international business and another a charity with VERY close ties to us now. The deal will be praised not panned by people outside the club I’m sure.

Maybe you can’t put your finger on it, hopefully it’ll seem less disappointing in the cold light of day. But maybe the club isn’t the one you want it to be. 

Peace out.

colinmaroon

Just a feeling ….. 

♥️♥️♥️♥️

MND isn't "local" and neither are Dell.

Did you think "Save the Children" was local?

Something doesn't compute.

Pasquale for King

Two good sponsors but I don’t think anyone is blown away, look forward to see how they look on the new strips. 

2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Just a feeling ….. 

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Must it be one or the other?

Can we not be both?

Edited by JamboAl

Nae donation to JKB in 5 years....cheapskate oot!!!