• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• i8hibsh

• Unknown user

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Norm said:

We did say it was worth x figures though. Not even a snifter or a hint of what this deal is worth. 

Why dont you e-mail the club and ask?

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Some good news? Nope. Questionable as **** & looks naff.

Righto, JKB.

What a time to be alive!  Even Hearts' Twitter comments are positive. The joy vacuum...nope. :lol:

I mean, I'm not unhappy at the deal and suspicious is probably not the right word but I do find it unusual that there's absolutely zero mention of what the deal is worth. There's always some kind of "a deal worth 7 figures over 3 seasons" type of thing with sponsorship deals. Just find it a bit strange that there's none of this here. 

Just now, John Findlay said:

Why dont you e-mail the club and ask?

Because I'm not that bothered? 

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, Norm said:

Am I the only one slightly suspicious that there's absolutely zero mention of the amount this is worth? 

Yes.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Really?

Yeah. Honestly. I just thought it stood out a bit in it's ommision. There's normally always some mention of the deals monetary value. 

PhoenixHearts

We already had a sponsor on the back of our shirts for one or two games last season. 

We had that Pawprint company on our sleeve for most of the season but in a few cup games where we had the cup patch on the left sleeve, they moved Pawprint to underneath the number. Was fairly innocuous tbh.

Might look a bit odd having dell just floating about in space on the lower back but for anyone buying the kit, just get 26 printed on it. Will certainly draw the eyes away.

Ps. I noticed some of the posts by Hearts and MND Scotland specified front of shirt sponsor on the HOME kit. Does that mean it'll just be Dell on the Away/3rd?

Edited by PhoenixHearts

Lone Striker
11 minutes ago, Norm said:

We did say it was worth x figures though. Not even a snifter or a hint of what this deal is worth. 

Calm doon.  We'll probably be able to guess its worth when we see the accounts.  👍

That's some partnership to be fair! 

Can't wait to see the shirts now, hopefully get to see at least one of them in the next few weeks. 

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah. Honestly. I just thought it stood out a bit in it's ommision. There's normally always some mention of the deals monetary value. 

Would you prefer your curiosity to be satisfied by the club saying something like

This is valued at £30m  and we will be buying players (so, selling clubs, please put your transfer fees up)

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Would you prefer your curiosity to be satisfied by the club saying something like

This is valued at £30m  and we will be buying players (so, selling clubs, please put your transfer fees up)

No, just the standard announcement they normally make about the value of sponsorship deals would be fine. 

A_A wehatethehibs

The more I think about it, the more I am impressed by the innovation of it and scale of the $70bn global company that’s made the deal possible. It’s an entirely different sponsorship model that’s not been done in Scotland, because it’s not just about sponsorship, we are their customer, we are aiming to use their technology to enhance our performance. Dell Technologies isn’t the consumer goods arm it’s not just about getting a few new laptops this will be a massive project. Dell Tech will be an active partner in trying to support help Hearts to perform better and get success. 

So what will hopefully be the thing that ultimately blows us away is, that the modernisation of our approach to data, will bring us in line with the elite clubs. That has the potential to help us to gain a competitive advantage on the pitch at this level. 

The ability to benefit the good cause that’s so close for us with the loss of a member of the Hearts family, at no cost to the charity is almost a bonus, front & Center on the shirt itself, couldn’t think of a better tribute to Marius than to help others in the future through the research this funds. It is a really good effort from the club. Bringing things into the 21st century and looking to the future while paying tribute to a hero from the past. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

25 minutes ago, Norm said:

I mean, I'm not unhappy at the deal and suspicious is probably not the right word but I do find it unusual that there's absolutely zero mention of what the deal is worth. There's always some kind of "a deal worth 7 figures over 3 seasons" type of thing with sponsorship deals. Just find it a bit strange that there's none of this here. 

It’s a two year deal so you have at least half the info you crave. 

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Sounds like a sponsorship with zero monetary award for the club. 

Get in the Bin 🙈🙈🙈🤣

34 minutes ago, Barack said:

Some good news? Nope. Questionable as **** & looks naff.

Righto, JKB.

What a time to be alive!  Even Hearts' Twitter comments are positive. The joy vacuum...nope. :lol:

**** off positive on twitter? 😏

It's in moments like this I couldn't be prouder of the Club.

What a lovely way to remember our Captain and raise money for MND Charity. 

This thread is also a good indicator of those with alternative intentions. 🤔 

Just now, droid said:

🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s a two year deal so you have at least half the info you crave. 

I don't even crave it. I just found it a bit odd (that's a far better choice than my original "suspicious") that an announcement about our new major shirts sponsors didn't include any mention of the financial gain, like 99.99% of every other announcements we've ever made. 

I'm not annoyed or disappointed that they haven't. Personally I'm happy that we're continuing to go with charities, doing something a bit different. It's all good. 

Again, I just found it odd that an announcement about our new sponsor doesn't include any financial details like they always have. 

34 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Ps. I noticed some of the posts by Hearts and MND Scotland specified front of shirt sponsor on the HOME kit. Does that mean it'll just be Dell on the Away/3rd?

That's a good point.

Although no mention of money or the quantity of dosh has been mentioned. It may well be along the lines of the save the children deal. 

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don't even crave it. I just found it a bit odd (that's a far better choice than my original "suspicious") that an announcement about our new major shirts sponsors didn't include any mention of the financial gain, like 99.99% of every other announcements we've ever made. 

I'm not annoyed or disappointed that they haven't. Personally I'm happy that we're continuing to go with charities, doing something a bit different. It's all good. 

Again, I just found it odd that an announcement about our new sponsor doesn't include any financial details like they always have. 

👍

A_A wehatethehibs

I suppose the big question is, we’re making enhancements to the tech, will the Dell computer do-hicky do a job?

We start the engine on the new IT tech, day 1, launch day. 

Jim Jeffries gets connected and sits down at his screen 

Budge shows him how to input the data about the league, players, fixtures, budget, all the data from our squad, stats, heatmaps etc.  Why don’t we ask the AI system to give us some data driven names of transfer targets. 

It spits out 1 name. Kyle Lafferty. Budge pulls the plug and storms off

rudi must stay
40 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The more I think about it, the more I am impressed by the innovation of it and scale of the $70bn global company that’s made the deal possible. It’s an entirely different sponsorship model that’s not been done in Scotland, because it’s not just about sponsorship, we are their customer, we are aiming to use their technology to enhance our performance. Dell Technologies isn’t the consumer goods arm it’s not just about getting a few new laptops this will be a massive project. Dell Tech will be an active partner in trying to support help Hearts to perform better and get success. 

So what will hopefully be the thing that ultimately blows us away is, that the modernisation of our approach to data, will bring us in line with the elite clubs. That has the potential to help us to gain a competitive advantage on the pitch at this level. 

The ability to benefit the good cause that’s so close for us with the loss of a member of the Hearts family, at no cost to the charity is almost a bonus, front & Center on the shirt itself, couldn’t think of a better tribute to Marius than to help others in the future through the research this funds. It is a really good effort from the club. Bringing things into the 21st century and looking to the future while paying tribute to a hero from the past. 

This man needs a job pronto. He has spun that magnificently 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

This man needs a job pronto. He has spun that magnificently 

Yes I’ve spun this good news 360 degrees 

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes I’ve spun this good news 360 degrees 

It won't be a few laptops like they gave the women's team 

29 minutes ago, droid said:

100%. This is the sort of thing where we excel.  It's on the field where our problems are.

Not forever though.

36 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm glad there's no mention, for our position of a club there's no benefit when trying to recruit players having details of finances being flouted around.  If I was in talks with Hearts and saw they just signed a 3 million pound sponsor deal you can guarantee my appearance fee would be rising. 

This way we have none of that going on and can play the card of us being a employer that cares, win win.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Am I the only one slightly suspicious that there's absolutely zero mention of the amount this is worth? 

It'll be enough. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Agreed

Looks naff as **** makes me think of both the Dundee teams.

And what exactly is "a front of shirt partner" anyway?

Logo is on the front of the shirt. Simples. 

Brick Tamland
49 minutes ago, droid said:

Completely agree with you 👍🏻

Brick Tamland
50 minutes ago, droid said:

Edited by Brick Tamland
Double post

Silvery_Moon

Another impressive piece of work off the football field. Off the pitch we have been great the last few years. 

Now it's finally time to do it on the pitch Hearts. 

Does anyone know if we will have an ongoing relationship with Save the Children?

I expect not but nothing lasts forever and I'm sure they benefitted significantly over the years it was in place.  It also raised our stature I'm sure in the public mind.  I, for one, was very proud.

rudi must stay
24 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Does anyone know if we will have an ongoing relationship with Save the Children?

I expect not but nothing lasts forever and I'm sure they benefitted significantly over the years it was in place.  It also raised our stature I'm sure in the public mind.  I, for one, was very proud.

Problems be in the shirt when you take it off to iron 

Unknown user

It would be nice if we could set something up separately on here for our fellow jambos that suffer from this, the guy that posted in this thread about recently being diagnosed could surely do with our support for starters

Seymour M Hersh

This is a very emotional tie up for me as my closest friend for over 45 years is stricken with this awful disease. Along with Doddie Weir's charity this will hopefully prove to be a big boost for MND fundraising and public awareness. Well done HMFC and thank you. 

heartsfc_fan

Fine by me. No tacky pay day loans or Asian betting websites ruining our strips.

Excellent choice of sponsor and the added bonus of the link with Dell meaning we can get our IT infrastructure up to date with good advice and technical help

Under the current ownership there is going to be a focus from time to time on more charitable organisations and how could anyone really object to that ?

Just now, CJGJ said:

Excellent choice of sponsor and the added bonus of the link with Dell meaning we can get our IT infrastructure up to date with good advice and technical help

Under the current ownership there is going to be a focus from time to time on more charitable organisations and how could anyone really object to that ?

Grown men in the internet will always find a way to complain. File with death and taxes.