New shirt sponsor - Dell and MND Scotland

2 minutes ago, Four faces said:

If i had the choice of paying full price for windows or 25% off to sell ourselves in the way you described.I'd pay full price🤣Now that is ridiculous.Anyway i'm talking Red Bull Salzburg type thing and where do you draw the line,where does it all end?

Red Bulls are a franchise though. They buy the clubs and rename thdm. Thats very different. Does no harm if we do these things sensibly. Looking at any additional possible income streams and saying naaa thats stupid in todays money orientated world is a fools thought. Imo anyway. If someone wanted to sponsor the lounges would you say no to the money. These things should not be on a strip or the stadium but if done right can increase our turnover and therefore profitability and strengthen our position in football

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• i8hibsh

• Smithee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Red Bulls are a franchise though. They buy the clubs and rename thdm. Thats very different. Does no harm if we do these things sensibly. Looking at any additional possible income streams and saying naaa thats stupid in todays money orientated world is a fools thought. Imo anyway. If someone wanted to sponsor the lounges would you say no to the money. These things should not be on a strip or the stadium but if done right can increase our turnover and therefore profitability and strengthen our position in football

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the lounges already called "The Strongbow Legends Lounge" ?

Edited by droid
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

It's the thought of The Doofas Windaes Stadium that worries me🙂 That type of thing.Where do you draw the line? Probably at Doofas Windaes Stadium.Anyway only my opinion.

15 minutes ago, droid said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the lounges already called "The Strongbow Legends Lounge" ?

touché 

8 minutes ago, Four faces said:

It's the thought of The Doofas Windaes Stadium that worries me🙂 That type of thing.Where do you draw the line? Probably at Doofas Windaes Stadium.Anyway only my opinion.

🤣🤣 , I think that to be honest we will continue to be very respectful to our heritage even in doing things like this. Any ideas or proposals would be done and thought through sensibly and the line drawn at an appropriate place (hopefully well before something like the Toni Macaroni

Edited by sadj

Maybe thats what Nelms was promised last year - Celtic Park at Dens and a suitable sponsorship amount to do so same as St Mirren and their Celtic Shop hooring oot

16 hours ago, Taffin said:

We should sell sponsorship of the stadium, the stands, the fans bar, the hospitality suites and the plaza too.

Must be a goldmine to be made.

When we start performing on the bloody park and winning stuff, we should be able to do exactly that.

On 08/06/2021 at 08:30, siegementality said:

Maybe it’s just me, but personally I’ve never been “blown away” by who sponsors Hearts. Save the Children and MND are two fantastic charities/causes and we should be proud to have them on our strips.

I’m really at a loss to see why anyone could be “disappointed”, especially given no-one knows (unless I’m wrong) the financial worth of this sponsorship deal. 

If people are disappointed with this sponsorship deal then I think they need a sense of perspective.

Worse still we have posters "suspicious" that we've not disclosed the financial details of the deal.

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Worse still we have posters "suspicious" that we've not disclosed the financial details of the deal.

It was a throwaway comment that one guy made and he spent the rest of the day explaining, behave yourself.

A_A wehatethehibs
11 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Interesting article on MND in today's paper:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jun/11/scientists-link-intense-exercise-with-mnd-risk-in-some-people-motor-neurone-disease

They say that MND risk is six times greater in professional football players compared with the general population

I read somewhere that the genes for it are as common as 1 in 300 which is far more common than I ever realised. I always thought it was pretty rare. So good to see the awareness getting raised on something that affects so many families. Every sportsperson should get a test for if they have the genes for it

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Interesting article on MND in today's paper:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jun/11/scientists-link-intense-exercise-with-mnd-risk-in-some-people-motor-neurone-disease

They say that MND risk is six times greater in professional football players compared with the general population

Thank you for that. That is really interesting between that and dementia its my two biggest fears. Seeing my dad slowly deteriorate with dementia kills me. 

That was a lot of that/s 😒

Edited by sadj
On 07/06/2021 at 16:06, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

An excellent deal struck. 

What a tribute to zal and also getting an excellent tech company to revamp hearts tech infrastructure which is a huge part of modern stadiums. 

Its all the rage in the States right now in American football where folk can press a button on an app to get beer brought directly to their seats. 

Hopefully we're doing the same type of thing. Next step is to bring beer back to the footy!! 

Lol you put beer in front of your average Rangers fan and they behave worse than a Gremlin at a midnight banquet. Anywhere but Scotland though you are 100% correct.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I read somewhere that the genes for it are as common as 1 in 300 which is far more common than I ever realised. I always thought it was pretty rare. So good to see the awareness getting raised on something that affects so many families. Every sportsperson should get a test for if they have the genes for it

Totally agree with you on testing. The clubs, and Hearts in particular given our new sponsorship, should take a lead.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Thank you for that. That is really interesting between that and dementia its my two biggest fears. Seeing my dad slowly deteriorate with dementia kills me. 

Sorry to hear that about your Dad Sadj.

And, you are right, MND and head injury are clear risks. Hopefully more will be done to protect and support current and ex football players.

On 08/06/2021 at 00:16, Pasquale for King said:

Two good sponsors but I don’t think anyone is blown away, look forward to see how they look on the new strips. 

To be fair our league is sponsored by second hand car dealers and our main rival by the modern equivalent of '50p for the meter' - I'm honestly pretty impressed by what we have achieved.

Edited by Japan Jambo
Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

To be fair our league is sponsored by second hand car dealers and our main rival by the modern equivalent of '50p for the meter' - I'm honestly pretty impressed by what we have achieved.

I think I mentioned our neighbours in that it’s not easy to get sponsors. If Anderson wasn’t involved who knows who would be on our shirts. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Sorry to hear about your dad, happened to mine. 
I think sport really needs to move a lot quicker with its research into these links. 
So much can be done to help reduce the risks in most sports. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think I mentioned our neighbours in that it’s not easy to get sponsors. If Anderson wasn’t involved who knows who would be on our shirts. 

THE GORGIE FISH BAR

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, martoon said:

THE GORGIE FISH BAR

Just got a card machine, not quite a progressive sponsor 😜

4 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Sorry to hear that about your Dad Sadj.

And, you are right, MND and head injury are clear risks. Hopefully more will be done to protect and support current and ex football players.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry to hear about your dad, happened to mine. 
I think sport really needs to move a lot quicker with its research into these links. 
So much can be done to help reduce the risks in most sports. 

Cheers guys , it is what it is. 

what I think is important as you say is making advances towards preventing it happening in future ❤️

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just got a card machine, not quite a progressive sponsor 😜

You are banned from there

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Cheers guys , it is what it is. 

what I think is important as you say is making advances towards preventing it happening in future ❤️

Definitely. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

You are banned from there

I nearly did get barred after a rather robust discussion with a Hibby, then banned myself after the old guy basically called me a fat *******. Read the room eh 😆