The Union Bears Pyro Show

dannymack

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk Litterally post on  here that the Hearts support are dull while bumming up opposition fans and it's OK. 

Cracking stuff. 

Desire, my only desire is that Hearts fans  actually support the team and not bum up other fans and call their own support dull.

They even get all defensive when pulled up for it, you've just posted on a Hearts forum that the support is dull like the club. That's the accepted " banter" on here now tho. 

Slag Hearts, talk up rangers, Motherwell, Aberdeen. 

Tragic. 

I'm not talking anyone up. The video in question is Rangers fans. It makes no odds to me which fans they are, I'd have posted similar if it was Celtic fans, St Johnstone fan, Dortmund fans or West Ham fans. 

It's not banter, it's my opinion. Hearts are a boring team to watch and as such, the support has come to reflect that. A game at Tynecastle over the last few has, in general, been a complete mind numbing experience and over time it seems the fans minds have been numb and now turn up, suffer through it and then leave. Where is the fun of that? Where is the entertainment? The excitement?

Hopefully these types stay away from the games as dull would be a ****ing upgrade on their personality. 

I hope they don't because left to folk who currently enjoy what we're being served up we'll have bottom 6 nil nil draws with people politely applauding the players off saying 'that was a better than the 1-0 defeat last week so at least we've made progress.'

We're one of the most committed and passionate fan bases around but for too many, the last 5 years have absolutely sucked the life out of us to the extent people don't get up for games anymore or worse stay away. It's sad and work needs to be done to reconnect the club with the fans rather than trying to shape the fans into what the club want (quiet, passive and accepting of poor performance and wasted money).

Edit: 

At a fundamental level we both want the same thing (or at least you claim too, I remain unconvinced but I'll take it at face value) but rather than say something like 'yeh we need to inject some excitement and passion back into the fans but personally not a fan of flares' you're straight in suggesting it's odd for adults to celebrate with fireworks (which most of the world do for celebrations), suggesting people must be a bit 'rangers' and trying to call folk out for not organising it all themselves.

Edited by Taffin

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

ScandinavianJambo
3 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I absolutely detest the Hun so am not even remotely impressed by this. 

This! The Rangers love on here is strange. 

husref musemic
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's fine. Over 300 people gathered in close proximity in Pollokshields on Thursday (which is Glasgow's covid hotspot) and our politicians never said a word. 

Some politicians were on Twitter during the day giving out the address trying to whip up a bigger mob !

WoolfordsHearts

Does it make me a bad person that if some of the flares were defective and were exploding in peoples hands I might have a wee chuckle to myself?

Reading that back,it probably does tbh.

Some folk on this thread must be having a hard time deciding if their Saturday lunchtime wank should be a happy one filled with Rangers love, or an angry one filled with Hearts hatred. And I suspect some may be tugging away with one eye on Easter Road. 

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

The Celtic one is even stranger. 

Jambos1983

The display is naff. Not as naff as calling yourself the union bears though that's tragic on a whole new level

Kirky Jambo

Fair fks to them for the fireworks show which was pretty smart and glad they embarrassed Celtic this season but they still let their club die and I look forward to us reminding them of that next time we are in the stands opposite them 👍

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hearts fans are a ******* riot 🙄

Bunch of sweetie-wrapper-rustling old farts, sucking the Heart and Soul out of Tynie, tutting at bad language and young folk being, well, young folk. 

Yes but the old farts were still going in the late seventies and early eighties when we were shit. Lots of fans had given up but my dad and his friends were there at every home match. I don't think you can pigeon hole every fan by age which is what your doing. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not talking anyone up. The video in question is Rangers fans. It makes no odds to me which fans they are, I'd have posted similar if it was Celtic fans, St Johnstone fan, Dortmund fans or West Ham fans. 

It's not banter, it's my opinion. Hearts are a boring team to watch and as such, the support has come to reflect that. A game at Tynecastle over the last few has, in general, been a complete mind numbing experience and over time it seems the fans minds have been numb and now turn up, suffer through it and then leave. Where is the fun of that? Where is the entertainment? The excitement?

I hope they don't because left to folk who currently enjoy what we're being served up we'll have bottom 6 nil nil draws with people politely applauding the players off saying 'that was a better than the 1-0 defeat last week so at least we've made progress.'

We're one of the most committed and passionate fan bases around but for too many, the last 5 years have absolutely sucked the life out of us to the extent people don't get up for games anymore or worse stay away. It's sad and work needs to be done to reconnect the club with the fans rather than trying to shape the fans into what the club want (quiet, passive and accepting of poor performance and wasted money).

Edit: 

At a fundamental level we both want the same thing (or at least you claim too, I remain unconvinced but I'll take it at face value) but rather than say something like 'yeh we need to inject some excitement and passion back into the fans but personally not a fan of flares' you're straight in suggesting it's odd for adults to celebrate with fireworks (which most of the world do for celebrations), suggesting people must be a bit 'rangers' and trying to call folk out for not organising it all themselves.

Generally fair

I think it is very odd for adults to celebrate football  with fireworks and generally when there is a show of note it's not from a rabble by the river side. It's a professional show. All imo.

I'll take the above post in the faith that it was given as opposed to our fans are dull like the club which you first put across.

Also, there has been some cracking games at Tynecastle  in amongst the shite and if you can only get behind the team when it is doing well then I think that is more of that fans problem rather than the clubs.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Lots of folks without bus fares on this thread. Sad times. 

Nah, If the green brigade or the likes show the same passion and put up a good show the same posters on here will be talking them up as well, honesty.....

Nothing to do with it being Rangers......

"Personal responsibility" says the Government is choosing not to blame Rangers FC this time. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, JackLadd said:

get the horses into them. 

:robboyas:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Suddenly me and Jack are singing from the same hymn sheet

32 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Does it make me a bad person that if some of the flares were defective and were exploding in peoples hands I might have a wee chuckle to myself?

Reading that back,it probably does tbh.

They'd probably be quite happy to have permanently red hands. :whistling:

Spellczech
47 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Edit: 

I think you have a point that a support reflects the on-pitch offering. I still remember the Burley buzz and to a lesser extent Robbie's first stint in the Championship but we have this dreadful habit of owners and fans aspiring to 3rd place as if that is an achievement...I'd rather see us employ a gung-ho manager who will start every match looking to score 4 goals, just to see what it is like. I'm so fed up of people being orgasmic over "a win is a win" and getting "3 points in the bag" following a dreary match where we won 1-0 due to a penalty... Our league is pish and we should approach it with the mindset, not of being "best of the rest" but that anywhere between 1st and 10th is fine as long as the team put on a performance and on most days score some goals...I'd rather turn up with the expectation of seeing the team put in a performance because it happens 4 times out of 5, rather than merely the hope that they might.

Nookie Bear
31 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Yes but the old farts were still going in the late seventies and early eighties when we were shit. Lots of fans had given up but my dad and his friends were there at every home match. I don't think you can pigeon hole every fan by age which is what your doing. 

I retract my old farts comment, as as increasingly older fart myself. 

It actually seems to be the next generation who can’t cope with it all. 

WoolfordsHearts
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

BU7CHCK.jpg

I had to have a double take at the Add tags bit below the photie.

10 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think you have a point that a support reflects the on-pitch offering. I still remember the Burley buzz and to a lesser extent Robbie's first stint in the Championship but we have this dreadful habit of owners and fans aspiring to 3rd place as if that is an achievement...I'd rather see us employ a gung-ho manager who will start every match looking to score 4 goals, just to see what it is like. I'm so fed up of people being orgasmic over "a win is a win" and getting "3 points in the bag" following a dreary match where we won 1-0 due to a penalty... Our league is pish and we should approach it with the mindset, not of being "best of the rest" but that anywhere between 1st and 10th is fine as long as the team put on a performance and on most days score some goals...I'd rather turn up with the expectation of seeing the team put in a performance because it happens 4 times out of 5, rather than merely the hope that they might.

Might be reading this wrong.

You’d rather finish 10th and lose most games 5-4 than finish 3rd and win most games 1-0?

Maybe football in general isn’t for you. Try basketball, there’s points scored every 30 seconds in that game. You’ll love it. 

The SFA should have said if thousands of you are celebrating in a mass crowd, drinking, lighting flares and acting like there is no pandemic... we will strip the title from you without hesitation.

Spellczech
10 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Might be reading this wrong.

You’d rather finish 10th and lose most games 5-4 than finish 3rd and win most games 1-0?

Maybe football in general isn’t for you. Try basketball, there’s points scored every 30 seconds in that game. You’ll love it. 

I believe I said I'd rather see us having a real go in every match - have a style of play which forces other teams to adapt to play us, rather than us seeking to adapt ourselves to play against teams which should be worse than us - that's a bonkers approach... 3rd means nothing to me.

I'm not meaning the above as a pop at RN, but I do believe he took far too long to find a formation and style this season. I hope that in the last few games he found it but I also know that as a former defender, like Levein his whole career has been about being reactive, spoiling - rather than proactive and prescriptive...

Edited by Spellczech

Weakened Offender
37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, If the green brigade or the likes show the same passion and put up a good show the same posters on here will be talking them up as well, honesty.....

Nothing to do with it being Rangers......

Or if Hibs fans started a similar thread on their forum about a GB display? Can you just imagine.. 😉

Weakened Offender
33 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Congratulations on your first excellent post. 

Weakened Offender
20 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It's fellow Hearts fans that are sucking the life and enthusiasm from supporting the club from me. 

4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

It's fellow Hearts fans that are sucking the life and enthusiasm from supporting the club from me. 

It’s not making me stop supporting but it makes me not want to read this forum. It’s now reached the stage where any thread about any subject is quickly ruined by the same few posters quickly changing the thread to Hearts bashing. 

Spellczech
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s not making me stop supporting but it makes me not want to read this forum. It’s now reached the stage where any thread about any subject is quickly ruined by the same few posters quickly changing the thread to Hearts bashing. 

The mood of JKB reflects the mood of the support which reflects the offering on the pitch...Hopefully we've turned a corner and found a style of play which suits and Robbie will hit the ground running next season, fans will get back in and Tynecastle will be buzzing again. It has been a long time we've had to put up with utter dross.

James1874f
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Some folk on this thread must be having a hard time deciding if their Saturday lunchtime wank should be a happy one filled with Rangers love, or an angry one filled with Hearts hatred. And I suspect some may be tugging away with one eye on Easter Road. 

😂😂 sadly true 

6 hours ago, DS98 said:

Aye it’s a massive shame we won’t be able to match a firework display. 

Then-again, we had the heart and organisation to save our club and they didn’t. Win some you lose some.  

Maybe I should start another thread on that topic, then-again 😴😴

Anyway back to the main topic...

1 hour ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Can I just make one thing clear, my original point to the thread is to not show one ounce of 'love Glasgow Rangers',   CAN I JUST MAKE THAT CLEAR ? 

Reel yer necks in for crying out loud ! 

42 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Congratulations on your first excellent post. 

Was thinking that too

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Brilliant🤣

This thread is riot , usual suspects having a Rangers love in then bringing their dislike of Celtic into it , usual suspects calling for a return to the violence and attitudes of the 70s and 80s. Some blaming Hearts for football grounds being quiet when most are outside of success and away fans. 

Not sure why but Iv never had any inkling of like for either Celtic or Rangers. Different times iv had less disdain for one of them thats as close as it gets. **** them both , **** the rest of the teams and especially **** The Hibs.....

Weakened Offender
29 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The mood of JKB reflects the mood of the support

That's absolutely not true. 

2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Can I just make one thing clear, my original point to the thread is to not show one ounce of 'love Glasgow Rangers',   CAN I JUST MAKE THAT CLEAR ? 

Dont think they were referring to you Danny. Its obv which posters get wet punts when Rangers are involved. 

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I wasn't referring to you FWIW

33 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The mood of JKB reflects the mood of the support 

I think it’s more like if the support were gathered together there would be a few with megaphones. 

34 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The mood of JKB reflects the mood of the support which reflects the offering on the pitch...Hopefully we've turned a corner and found a style of play which suits and Robbie will hit the ground running next season, fans will get back in and Tynecastle will be buzzing again. It has been a long time we've had to put up with utter dross.

It doesn’t. I agree with the bits after the ellipsis though. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

It doesn’t. I agree with the bits after the ellipsis though. 

Maybe need to dumb that down for some.....😇

Just now, sadj said:

Maybe need to dumb that down for some.....😇

I had to look it up myself. Knew those ... had to have a name 😀

Just now, GinRummy said:

Ssssh we don’t admit that 😉 

Spellczech
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yep, I had to work it out by a process of elimination! Knowing what a comma and a full stop are! 🤔

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Yep, I had to work it out by a process of elimination! Knowing what a comma and a full stop are! 🤔

😀👍

15 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I'm not convinced 🤔

Your posting history suggests otherwise. 

Spellczech
8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think it’s more like if the support were gathered together there would be a few with megaphones. 

There are undoubtedly some who spam their opinions but on the whole most posters on here are reasonable I think.

• davemclaren locked this topic