• sadj

• neilnunb

• Bazzas right boot

• jamboozy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Does that take account of Friday nights? 

Through me a curve ball there Mikey  :)

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The league was never in doubt from the moment Neilson was appointed. His cup record is atrocious though, 3 games aside (Hibs and Celtic this year and knocking Aberdeen out in 15/16 I think). If he's got any sense he'll treat every League Cup group game next season like a knockout SC game and play our best team from whoever's fully fit. Otherwise, this will all start again after the first 1-0 win away to East Fife.

Well said. 

Saint Jambo

Great to get the win and finish the season on a high. 13 goals scored in our last four games with none conceded. In fact no goals conceded in our last 5 (7 shut outs in a row for Gordon), which is quite a turnaround from some of the keystone cops antics we had to put up with earlier in the season.

Really enjoyed last week's game and tonights The players looked a lot more positive.I think the fact we all seemed to think this league was beneath us didn't help and we lacked a lot of fire in the belly for why we were there.

So instead of being glad it's over I wouldn't mind seeing another few games if the standard of the last 2 was the same

Happy summer everyone and let's hope we all get a chance to visit our much loved stadium next season

Jambo in Bathgate
11 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Here's a good wee stat:

Hearts won this league with a 14 point gap and +39 goal difference.

Hibs meanwhile in 2016-17 won it with (36 games remember) 11 point gap and +34 goal difference.

Hibs fans packed Stadium and trophy was paraded.

Not defending Neilson but league wise (NOT cups) has, on paper, been fine. Numbers wise anyway

And hibs played 36 games 

ScandinavianJambo
3 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Really enjoyed last week's game and tonights The players looked a lot more positive.I think the fact we all seemed to think this league was beneath us didn't help and we lacked a lot of fire in the belly for why we were there.

So instead of being glad it's over I wouldn't mind seeing another few games if the standard of the last 2 was the same

Happy summer everyone and let's hope we all get a chance to visit our much loved stadium next season

Great Post. Here is for SP! 

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

On balance I'd now like Raith to come up so we can hammer them a few more times. Dundee staying down so Partick can take their turn pummelling them a few times. Raith then get relegated next season while Falkirk get promoted so Falkirk can exact their revenge. The medicine bottle has lots left in it.

There's a few teams when we are back up that also need to take a big dose of medicine. 

Edited by Gizmo

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Tazio, this one has reeked from his very first posting.

The thing is that if, as people are guessing, that if that is the case what kind of tragic person puts so much effort into research and Google so they can have long pointless debates? Worrying either way. 

A7B6C5A3-3783-46CD-882D-A783C38BFF5B.jpeg

Hopefully KB will be relatively calm for the next couple of months. At least until folk cry about the colour of the away shirt and being underwhelmed by the new signing and the quality of the latest statement.

36 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Your grammar makes me think you are a hibee

He’s Hibs alright.  👍

Not fully blown though.  These Hibs types tend to use the word ‘of’ when they mean ‘have’.

Examples:  ‘He should of hit it’.

‘I should of known’.

‘It can’t of been’.

It’s like ‘look at what you’ve typed’ before hitting the Post button.  :vrface: 

10 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

My thought also. Must be his first senior season that he hasn’t scored league. 

Disappointed they let him take it. Bottled taking one in cup final despite taking the pens when at Livingston. 

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Tazio, this one has reeked from his very first posting.

In a nutshell, John.  👍

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The thing is that if, as people are guessing, that if that is the case what kind of tragic person puts so much effort into research and Google so they can have long pointless debates? Worrying either way. 

A7B6C5A3-3783-46CD-882D-A783C38BFF5B.jpeg

Give him his helmet back!! 

th-4.jpeg

heartsfc_fan
11 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

It would be a better stat if we had actually won the league with a 14 point gap. We finished 14 points above Raith, but they didn't finish second.

But the point still stands. Hibs were utter failures in struggling to get out of the Championship. We won it with relative ease.

Sorry mistyped. 12 points. But still....

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The league was never in doubt from the moment Neilson was appointed. His cup record is atrocious though, 3 games aside (Hibs and Celtic this year and knocking Aberdeen out in 15/16 I think). If he's got any sense he'll treat every League Cup group game next season like a knockout SC game and play our best team from whoever's fully fit. Otherwise, this will all start again after the first 1-0 win away to East Fife.

Two pens away from winning cup as player and manger. Has anyone ever done that. 
Agree though that his cup record is poor 

ScandinavianJambo
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He’s Hibs alright.  👍

Not fully blown though.  These Hibs types tend to use the word ‘of’ when they mean ‘have’.

‘I should of known’.

‘It can’t of been’.

🤣🤣🤣 He is schtum now though. Flushed out by the vigilant Hearts grammar police 😂😂😂 

19 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

But the point still stands. Hibs were utter failures in struggling to get out of the Championship. We won it with relative ease.

Twice.

Jambof3tornado
34 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Only reason I can think.....he has not scored this season, still has not mind you after the pen

Only reason I could think of too. Wondered if halkett had maybe scored at least once every season? Inches from a great penalty.

Ex member of the SaS

A much improved performance that begs the question , why did it take so long for Robbie to see his tactics were not working. Surely not waiting on the return of one player to make these changes.

The biggest problem with the last two games is the uproar to get rid will die down as fickle fans only see recent games.

Obvious now he will be here next season and if he fails early on it's another year in transition.

Jambof3tornado
33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts players thought we should have had a penalty first half for hand ball at a free kick. 

Except it clearly came off the players foot.

9 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

🤣🤣🤣 He is schtum now though. Flushed out by the vigilant Hearts grammar police 😂😂😂 

It’s not difficult to spot an idiot by just glancing at their grammar.  😉

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

It’s not difficult to spot an idiot just by glancing at their grammar.  😉

There, i fixed it for you.... 

Thanks, Rave.

How did I ever get on without you?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Saint Jambo
23 minutes ago, Boof said:

Twice.

And the last time wasn't even with 'relative ease', it was just with ease.

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Couldn’t watch the match due to work, why was Halkett on the penalty instead of Boyce? Seems strange 

Think it was because he was the only Hearts outfield player on the pitch who hadn't scored this season. Didn't work out well, but no harm done.

48 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He’s Hibs alright.  👍

‘I should of known’.

‘It can’t of been’.

I'm going to be of to the pub in an hour so.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Think it was because he was the only Hearts outfield player on the pitch who hadn't scored this season. Didn't work out well, but no harm done.

That must explain it! We did the same with Gomis in the 10-0 game.

No Idle Talk

Wow. That really could have been anything tonight. Six, seven, eight nil. Raith completely imploded for a spell in the second half. They were just giving us the ball in and around their box. It was comical for a while.

We deserve some of the credit for that though. That was a very good second half performance from us. We pressed them well and passed the ball well. We switched the play from one side to the other well. Some of the football we played was really good to watch(the last goal). We didn't half miss some chances again though, which is disappointing. We need to clean that up for next season and become more clinical in front of goal. 

There were no failures tonight. Everybody made a contribution. A nice way to wrap up the season and go out on a high. 🙂 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

First two goals good, as for sending off disgusting, and hearts should be ashamed, call the same things out about the old firm about cheating etc, yet when it goes in our favour nothing is said. 

Hearts win and as per you're 

:seething:

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Yes playing in Naisy and GMS for their goals was brainless!

His first half display was a bit like his usual first 10 minutes.  Second half, up until I posted, he was slow on the draw and not his usual self.

Obviously, someone passed on my post to him.  I take 100% credit!

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

First two goals good, as for sending off disgusting, and hearts should be ashamed, call the same things out about the old firm about cheating etc, yet when it goes in our favour nothing is said. 

What a load of shite you're talking.

The sending off was 100% the referee's (wrong) decision. Henderson didn't rake a dive, he just stumbled on that crappy surface and the referee made up in his mind something he thought he'd seen.

There's been plenty said on here about how wrong the decision was.

31 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

A much improved performance that begs the question , why did it take so long for Robbie to see his tactics were not working. Surely not waiting on the return of one player to make these changes.

The biggest problem with the last two games is the uproar to get rid will die down as fickle fans only see recent games.

Obvious now he will be here next season and if he fails early on it's another year in transition.

Fans are fickle, if the team is winning they are happy. 

What we need is a manager who wins his teams league 12 points clear with the league decided three games before the end of the season. 

Who also has a GD of +39 while his team also manages not to lose ANY goals in their last five games of the season. 

While that record has to be judged against a shock Cup exit an applicant applying for the managers job with that CV would stand a fair chance of getting the job. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

The penalty was missed, and the red card had absolutely no bearing on the game.  It was over by that point, and the result was never in doubt.  Playing against 10 men probably allowed us to put some gloss on the result, but Raith still pressed forward and tried to play football instead of just shutting up shop. 

Don't be so negative all the time, it must be a depressing as **** existence. 

I am quite happy thanks. But just imagine the reaction on here if we were on the wrong end of the penalty and red card decisions.

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Fans are fickle, if the team is winning they are happy. 

What we need is a manager who wins his teams league 12 points clear with the league decided three games before the end of the season. 

Who also has a GD of +39 while his team also manages not to lose ANY goals in their last five games of the season. 

While that record has to be judged against a shock Cup exit an applicant applying for the managers job with that CV would stand a fair chance of getting the job. 

Sensible and balanced. On top of that any new applicant would be in large part judged on what they did previously in a similar league, and Neilson did very well with us in the Premiership. Better than some much more experienced managers we've had. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am quite happy thanks. But just imagine the reaction on here if we were on the wrong end of the penalty and red card decisions.

We have been, frequently!

Better result and much better performance.

Still no where near convinced on Neilson, but, regardless, no one can argue, we looked much more up for it and found the right spaces to play in

we have looked much better going forward the last few weeks and more stable back to front - credit where credit is due - can’t and won’t argue against that 

nice way to finish and GMS is looking more like the player we knew he was 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Couldn’t watch the match due to work, why was Halkett on the penalty instead of Boyce? Seems strange 

Maybe his last game? Hopefully better quality CB's on the way in.

36 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Maybe his last game? Hopefully better quality CB's on the way in.

I’m really not sure what people expect from Halkett. Him and Souttar clearly work as a partnership (admittedly in a 3) and get the job done, he’s won more headers than any other centre half in the division this season, and we haven’t conceded in 5 games. He’s been the one constant in defence this year as Berra and Popes u have had shots each at messing things up. I think he could be a victim of people having the grass is always greener syndrome. 

gregzy2k7
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m really not sure what people expect from Halkett. Him and Souttar clearly work as a partnership (admittedly in a 3) and get the job done, he’s won more headers than any other centre half in the division this season, and we haven’t conceded in 5 games. He’s been the one constant in defence this year as Berra and Popes u have had shots each at messing things up. I think he could be a victim of people having the grass is always greener syndrome. 

Each to their own mate, but I'm not convinced, he has been ripped up for arse paper a good few times from what i recall this season, that's at championship level, what makes you think he is good enough at premiership level? Even with Souttar bailing him out, Also was he not part of the defence that finished bottom last season? I get that popescu and berra arent the best partner to have, but i would rather have two class centre halfs rather than one class and one average imo.