**** Official Raith Rovers vs Hearts match thread ****

Boyces beard

I've got to say, I thoroughly enjoyed that, that was a really good performance today, Well done hearts, to the players and management, I just wish we could have got those performances more often this season, especially in the cups, I hate being negative about hearts, but this season we really have put in some shockers, the thing is if we had just beaten brora, neilson wouldn't be taking half the stick that he is getting, I still feel overall a change of management is needed, however it looks unlikely at this point, If Robbie is to stay then we absolutely must do better in the cups next season, as let's be honest it's our only chance of winning any silverware, which is what football is all about imo. 

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• neilnunb

• Bazzas right boot

• jamboozy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your patter makes me think your a hibee. 

Say no to drugs kids. Not sure I've ever seen such a vitriolic reaction to a Hearts win as comprehensive as that one from someone calling themselves a Hearts fan. I mean don't like Neilson fair enough, but that performance literally had every single thing folk have been wanting more of this season - away win, lots of attacking from the start, lots of goals, lots of movement, commitment even in a meaningless game for us, a youngster coming good, GMS playing well, defensively sound...

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, soonbe110 said:

I haven’t from day 1.  Wind-up merchant of the first order. 

Same. It's clear as day. Shouldn't respond really.

I'd see the claim of cheating if Henderson claimed for the penalty...but watch it....he doesn't.  Some Hearts players do but not Henderson.  Now the counter is Henderson should have told the ref....but that's not his job....that's the Ref's job.

No penalty, no red card....but also importantly no cheating.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

Are you sure, SG?

Did we not swap ends at HT that night? 😉

Ah, very good point  :)

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 @Bongo 1874 what the actual ****. We’ve had MORE than our share of bad luck. It didn’t affect the outcome at all so dry your eyes 

Plus, it was against one of the 3 Sponsored Walk clubs so all the more pleasing. 😁

Edited by neilnunb

Independence
12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Good interview by GMS happy with staff -  management and quality players - sounds like a bit harmony amongst the players - Robbie ain’t going anywhere so let’s look forward to next season

Correct, onwards and upwards. Thanks feck this season is over and we are back to where we were thrown out of! Bring it on!

ScandinavianJambo
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your patter makes me think your a hibee. 

I am sorry to say it is "you are" ... Not "your" ... If you are not insinuating I have a hibee, which I of course I do not. I wouldn't want you if you were a gift. 

37 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And refs giving penalties and red cards to the opponents?

But yes we have looked better in the last two games.

The penalty was missed, and the red card had absolutely no bearing on the game.  It was over by that point, and the result was never in doubt.  Playing against 10 men probably allowed us to put some gloss on the result, but Raith still pressed forward and tried to play football instead of just shutting up shop. 

Don't be so negative all the time, it must be a depressing as **** existence. 

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Plus, it was against one of the 3 Sponsored Walk clubs so all the more pleasing. 😁

Yep, seriously damaged their promotion chances so a good night all round. 

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, Gards said:

I'd see the claim of cheating if Henderson claimed for the penalty...but watch it....he doesn't.  Some Hearts players do but not Henderson.  Now the counter is Henderson should have told the ref....but that's not his job....that's the Ref's job.

No penalty, no red card....but also importantly no cheating.

Did Raith Rovers not get a dodgy penalty and a hand ball goal against us at Tynecastle? Might be wrong.

The game that Beaton reported Neilson for missing at him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Say no to drugs kids. Not sure I've ever seen such a vitriolic reaction to a Hearts win as comprehensive as that one from someone calling themselves a Hearts fan. I mean don't like Neilson fair enough, but that performance literally had every single thing folk have been wanting more of this season - away win, lots of attacking from the start, lots of goals, lots of movement, commitment even in a meaningless game for us, a youngster coming good, GMS playing well, defensively sound...

Definitely a Hearts fan but simply can't cope when his argument is made to look foolish. 

Taking themselves too seriously I'm afraid 

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Did Raith Rovers not get a dodgy penalty and a hand ball goal against us at Tynecastle? Might be wrong.

The game that Beaton reported Neilson for missing at him.

Yes, but Bongo didn’t complain. Just hammered Neilson. 

Jambof3tornado

Much more relaxed performance. Took our goals well could have had several more.

No idea why we gave halkett the pen??

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Definitely a Hearts fan but simply can't cope when his argument is made to look foolish. 

Taking themselves too seriously I'm afraid 

Quite a few fit that description on here these days, best ignored

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

But but but........ Stendel 

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

J'aime la coupe de ton foc, mon ami.

Almost right, J.  👍

Roxy Hearts

Halliday and GMS played very well as did most of the team. Boyce is a brilliant team player and Henderson needs to be more confident. John Souttar, well another clean sheet with the big felly not fit yet! Looking forward to next season a little more than I was a few weeks ago.

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I can smell him from here? 

He's attention seeking clown and best ignored. 

Most enjoyable evening to round off season. 

Six weeks to Euros and then back to premiership. 

Life is looking substantially better than this time a year ago. 

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Only reason I can think.....he has not scored this season, still has not mind you after the pen

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

On balance I'd now like Raith to come up so we can hammer them a few more times. Dundee staying down so Partick can take their turn pummelling them a few times. Raith then get relegated next season while Falkirk get promoted so Falkirk can exact their revenge. The medicine bottle has lots left in it.

ScandinavianJambo
24 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I can smell him from here

It's sad isn't it. Ach well we deal with them next year 😁

Shanghai Hearts

Soapy is a genuine quality player. I hope he recovers fully to maximise 

his potential and earn the club some decent cash. Baller 👍

Edited by Shanghai Hearts

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Halkett got the penalty as a sympathy vote for scoring NIL so far this season. Unfortunately we're as soft as shite sometimes football wise 

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Mmmmm. Not sure. He’s done okay last few games but I still think he looks like he’s well off the pace to be honest. 

Hopefully a break now and proper pre-season and he can get back to being the player he was three years ago. 

Just doesn’t look mobile at times 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

What a difference having Soapy back has made.

Also a forward line with pace and endeavour.

Henderson, Boyce and GMS - shades of Crabbe/Foster, Robertson, Colquhoun Not quality wise so much obviously, but in terms of style and movement.

Hearts players thought we should have had a penalty first half for hand ball at a free kick. 

Edited by Mikey1874

heartsfc_fan

Here's a good wee stat:

Hearts won this league with a 14 point gap and +39 goal difference.

Hibs meanwhile in 2016-17 won it with (36 games remember) 11 point gap and +34 goal difference.

Hibs fans packed Stadium and trophy was paraded.

Not defending Neilson but league wise (NOT cups) has, on paper, been fine. Numbers wise anyway

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts players thought we should have had a penalty first half for hand ball at a free kick. 

They were blatantly cheating!!!!

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts players thought we should have had a penalty for hand ball at a free kick. 

Was never a handball. Hit the boy's foot.

Jambo in Bathgate
9 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Only reason I can think.....he has not scored this season, still has not mind you after the pen

My thought also. Must be his first senior season that he hasn’t scored league. 

Saint Jambo
5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Here's a good wee stat:

Hibs meanwhile in 2016-17 won it with (36 games remember) 11 point gap and +34 goal difference.

Not defending Neilson but league wise (NOT cups) has, on paper, been fine. Numbers wise anyway

It would be a better stat if we had actually won the league with a 14 point gap. We finished 14 points above Raith, but they didn't finish second.

But the point still stands. Hibs were utter failures in struggling to get out of the Championship. We won it with relative ease.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Here's a good wee stat:

The league was never in doubt from the moment Neilson was appointed. His cup record is atrocious though, 3 games aside (Hibs and Celtic this year and knocking Aberdeen out in 15/16 I think). If he's got any sense he'll treat every League Cup group game next season like a knockout SC game and play our best team from whoever's fully fit. Otherwise, this will all start again after the first 1-0 win away to East Fife.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Here's a stat  18 pages when we win 4 0 35 and over when we draw

Does that take account of Friday nights? 

John Findlay
41 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There was no blatant cheating. A very bad refereeing decision yes but no cheating. Henderson tried to stay up. 

Tazio, this one has reeked from his very first posting.