**** Official Raith Rovers vs Hearts match thread ****

Boyces beard

Boyces beard

Last game of the season for us tonight, should be quite an open game.

4-2 Hearts with Boyce x2 GMS and Nando.

Edited by jambo3tevie

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• neilnunb

• Bazzas right boot

• jamboozy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was starting to think no one was going to bother. 😊

I have a feeling it's going to be a fantastic game.

Dundee will probably win tonight so RR may as well have a go at us to clinch 2nd. It's a prize well worth going out on a limb for as it instantly boosts a clubs chances of being promoted. The odds are very heavily stacked against clubs finishing 3rd and 4th in a play off which, strangely, differs in format from the League 1 and 2 versions.

We really should play with a bit of freedom too. Particularly if Raith do come at us. It is, after all, Boaber's last game in charge (🤪). He's bound to want to go out on a high by providing us with a thrill-a-minute, thoroughly entertaining last hurrah for us to remember him by.

0-0 it is then.

KyleLafferty

Gordon 

Smith Souttar Halkett

Logan McEneff McGill Halliday 

GMS

Boyce Nando.

Goodbye to White, Popescu, Kasteneer, Zlamal, Doyle, Wighton, Lee, Cochrane, Irving, Frear, Berra. 

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Dundee will probably win tonight so RR may as well have a go at us to clinch 2nd. It's a prize well worth going out on a limb for as it instantly boosts a clubs chances of being promoted. The odds are very heavily stacked against clubs finishing 3rd and 4th in a play off which, strangely, differs in format from the League 1 and 2 versions.

And yet the SPFL play-off organisers will see nothing strange in it. Same as it was only the Championship that had the 3 subs rule. Probably other instances of curious rule-making.

Real incentive for Raith to win tonight and secure 2nd. We’ve been on the beach since the turn of the year and Raith at 11/4 is a great price. Dundee and Dunfermline are safe in 3rd and 4th although Dundee will fancy Raith to lose or draw when a win for them sees them 2nd. Ayr could win away at Inverness who can’t improve their position and Arbroath should beat Morton to keep safe

Arbroath

Ayr

Raith

Dundee

£10 pays out nearly £400 at Skybet 

24 minutes ago, Boof said:

And yet the SPFL play-off organisers will see nothing strange in it. Same as it was only the Championship that had the 3 subs rule. Probably other instances of curious rule-making.

All a bit scandalous, Boof. All part of the same League set up but different rules from one division to the other?

Perfectly normal, though, in this footballing shitpit.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
45 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon 

Smith Souttar Halkett

Logan McEneff McGill Halliday 

GMS

Boyce Nando.

Goodbye to White, Popescu, Kasteneer, Zlamal, Doyle, Wighton, Lee, Cochrane, Irving, Frear, Berra. 

Did you realise that you could throw Zlamal or Doyle in at right back and make a team out of (one time or another) first team players? Sadly, with the exception of Irving, not one of them will be missed and their departures will actually make the team stronger:wow:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hope we go out with a bang and show we are indeed worthy winners of the league with points to spare. 

I predict we will win 4-2 as I have noticed an upsurge in the team spirit again and the players should enjoy playing with no pressure tonight.

Jeffros Furios

We should try to finish the season in style but Bob will be happy with a draw .

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Was starting to think no one was going to bother. 😊

I have a feeling it's going to be a fantastic game.

We really should play with a bit of freedom too. Particularly if Raith do come at us. It is, after all, Boaber's last game in charge (🤪). He's bound to want to go out on a high by providing us with a thrill-a-minute, thoroughly entertaining last hurrah for us to remember him by.

0-0 it is then.

I agree. 

1 - 1 

Shanks said no

Surprised to see you can book the Gorgie  Bar for 7pm tonight, tempting. Bonus that it closes at 9pm

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Surprised to see you can book the Gorgie  Bar for 7pm tonight, tempting. Bonus that it closes at 9pm

Do they have tellies outside?

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts to win again hopefully.
Earliest end to a season I can remember. 😯

What about last season ?!

Plenty forward passes, attacking play, shots & goals, plz..........

So, eh! 0-0 then, Robbie will be delighted with that, no doubt.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Would be so typical of this season for it to end with a 0-0 and Neilson saying it was a good performance.

Gnando

GMS    Boyce 

Halliday Haring McEneff Logan

Soapy Halkett Smith

Gordon 

5-2 Hearts

I've not come close to predicting a score all season. 

7-2 Hearts 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

FTH

Bazzas right boot

No injuries, more game time for Haring and Souttar please. 

A win would be nice, but I'd play a few young lads if possible. 

6-3 Hearts. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

A good chance to see our new head coach on TV.

::troll::

Gonna no! 

If they beat us folk will genuinely be thinking Johnny can take over from Robbie. 

14 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Will still be watching Have I Got News For You, then the game.

I did not know about the latter.  Swithering which I will watch later on iPlayer.

Just glad we don't need a win tonight to get promoted, er.....re-instated i mean! 

I might watch or might find a pub with a beer garden. Could really do with a pint. Last October seems a lifetime away!

Anyway, if we go 3-5-2 then 3-1 Hearts. If we go with Robbie's favourite formation.....2-1 Raith.

BRAVEHEART1874

Any win will do, we have been terribe and torture to watch at away games. The only decent one was actually against raith back in jan 4-0. Seems a life time ago. Come on hearts need to sort this out starting tonight ;)