Let the bodies pile high in their thousands

ri Alban

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Enzo you are right . If a parent or parents cannot budget the meagre amount it is for sanitary towels even on a low income they have failed as a parent. How can they protect the dignity of their daughter by mis issuing their funds . ? Seriously . Some people on this live in cloud cuckoo land whereas some people have actually worked with said parents and  been witness to their “ budgeting “ and tried to support and encourage them divert their funds or look at funding for this issue . The issue is about parental role and responsibility versus the states role and responsibility and we all know that the SNP has an obsession with involving itself in family life to a concerning degree and disempowering parents in their role . You only have to look at their doomed “ named person “  fiasco . They have also changed the legal definaton of a child to 18 and now “ support “ young people up to 25 who were formally in care. This only promotes dependency on the state and does not encourage independence and personal responsibility and any sense of self worth and achievement 

Spot on, James. It's an another insidious step towards the controlling, hectoring State that the SNP want to create. Everything revolves around rights with no encouragement towards personal responsibility.  Generations of far poorer families took pride in looking after themselves and their families,  prioritising their needs, budgeting their income and cutting their cloth accordingly.  Redefining the age of children to 18 and "looking after" adults until the age of 25 is ludicrous. Where is the dignity in that? 4 day weeks, basic income for all, free baby boxes, sanitary products etc..it's all part of the plan to create as many State reliant people as possible.  It's sold as being "progressive " when it's actually more akin to what was happening in the Eastern bloc before the Berlin Wall fell

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Governor Tarkin

• ri Alban

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

How insightful. 

For alot of people it probably is.

coconut doug
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Spot on, James. It's an another insidious step towards the controlling, hectoring State that the SNP want to create. Everything revolves around rights with no encouragement towards personal responsibility.  Generations of far poorer families took pride in looking after themselves and their families,  prioritising their needs, budgeting their income and cutting their cloth accordingly.  Redefining the age of children to 18 and "looking after" adults until the age of 25 is ludicrous. Where is the dignity in that? 4 day weeks, basic income for all, free baby boxes, sanitary products etc..it's all part of the plan to create as many State reliant people as possible.  It's sold as being "progressive " when it's actually more akin to what was happening in the Eastern bloc before the Berlin Wall fell

Really! You are harking back to the good old days of mythical middle England so often revered by Theresa May. Rubbishing human rights. Vilifying the poor.

The reality for many poor was joining the forces and getting killed or maimed, then returning to live in poverty because you were not properly supported. People worked long hours in unsafe conditions, dying young because you couldn't afford medical treatment. hundreds of thousands of Scots emigrated because there were little or no opportunities here. Children's developement retarded because they did not have proper nutrition well that's one characteristic of the good old days that is returning you will be pleased to see. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/victorian-disease-gout-rickets-vitamin-d-mumps-scurvy-measles-malnutrition-nhs-hospital-admitted-a8795686.html

Don't you know we have a drugs and mental health crisis and that many young people are struggling? Wouldn't it be better to do something rather than leave them to flounder? Did nobody help you or were you too proud to accept help? 

The state should be there to serve people and do their bidding. What could possibly be wrong with providing sanitary ware for women in the same way we might expect toilet paper? who says we should'nt work less hours and spend more time with our families doing the things that strengthen our mental wellbeing instead of coming home exhausted? Why should some people be denied a basic income? Are baby boxes not beneficial in Scotland as well as scandinavia? 

You are the guy who derided me for not having any empathy with the hospitality industy, it seems to me that your loyalties lie with corporate entities rather than human ones. Who knew Tories thought this way?

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

It has worsened considerably under the Conservatives in the past decade.

And given that those ***** spent more years in power than anyone else prior to this, the blame lies firmly at their door.

It depends on the measures we're using. If we're defing poverty in absolute terms I wouldn't say that where we find ourselves now is considerably worse than the 1970's and first half of the 1980's. I'm not sure that immediately pre and post war Britain was a bundle of laughs for the working classes either. 

The cheap consumer credit boom of the late 80's to early 2000's, and increased affordability of non-essential 'luxury' goods (achieved largely by outsourcing our slave labour in manufacturing to the third world), went a way to papering over the cracks, but the good times were never going to last forever. 

From warlords to absolutists, from feudalists to mercantalists, from industrialists to capitalists, the food chain has always looked roughly the same.

By all means, **** the Tories, but to suggest that the last 10 years are anything out of the ordinary in a historical context is wrong. If anything, the boom times we've experienced in our lives are the exception rather that the rule.

26 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The poverty line is arbitrarily determined.

The poverty line is 60% of the median wage.

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Enzo you are right . If a parent or parents cannot budget the meagre amount it is for sanitary towels even on a low income they have failed as a parent. How can they protect the dignity of their daughter by mis issuing their funds . ? Seriously . Some people on this live in cloud cuckoo land whereas some people have actually worked with said parents and  been witness to their “ budgeting “ and tried to support and encourage them divert their funds or look at funding for this issue . The issue is about parental role and responsibility versus the states role and responsibility and we all know that the SNP has an obsession with involving itself in family life to a concerning degree and disempowering parents in their role . You only have to look at their doomed “ named person “  fiasco . They have also changed the legal definaton of a child to 18 and now “ support “ young people up to 25 who were formally in care. This only promotes dependency on the state and does not encourage independence and personal responsibility and any sense of self worth and achievement 

As if things aren't bad enough for Enzo on this thread, here is James insisting he's still right 😁

It's all the poor's fault for not being able to budget, spoken like another tory arsepiece. For every family who have bad parents budgetting their meagre income, there will be 100 more who work miracles with their paltry take-home. So, I suppose, those unfortunate to be born to broken parents who maybe don't have a huge amount of money or make bad spending decisions are meant to just go without because their parents didn't meet your standards? Punish the kids for that - next you'll be wanting free meals at schools stopped, that'll teach 'em!

This isn't even about that anyway, that's only part of it. Scotland, like Wales, is signed up to the Wellbeing Economy Governments alliance which strives to put the wellbeing of the people and environment at the forefront of decisions, rather than the demand for perpeptual and, ultimately, unsustainable growth.  Making these hygiene products widely available reduces inequality AND crucially, makes accessing them easy and discrete.

You should be ashamed of your utter lack of empathy or ability to see how barren the grass looks from other people's realities. 

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I see. Then perharps as well as helping people financially who are 60% and below, we educate them too in how to make their money last longer. 

Give a man a fish and he can feed himself for a day, give a man a fishing rod and he has the ability to feed himself everyday.

Ah, the old "the poor are poor because they don't spend their money wisely" argument, propagated by those not in poverty in order to make excuses for the inequitable wealth gap. It's a real shame to see it shown the light of day here. One day hopefully we'll leave such stone age arguments, and hopefully that wealth gap, behind.

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Maybe you can volunteer to do that. Head down to the local foodbank and pass on your wisdom to folk who earn £16k trying to feed and clothe themselves and 3 kids.

Ooft, I'm agreeing with Ray Gin on a  thread. 👍👍 

Edit: and Red!!

Edited by Taffin

Give a man a fishing rod, privatise the lake and price him out of entry then blame him for not being able to eat...

Cairneyhill Jambo
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, anyone needing help will probably be on the radar of the authorities anyway.  

Here's a rather sobering article on the subject https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-53236870

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Ooft, I'm agreeing with Ray Gin on a  thread. 👍👍 

Edit: and Red!!

:D Coincidentally, a picture of last night's moon:

full-moon-royalty-free-image-680783485-1

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Give a man a fishing rod, privatise the lake and price him out of entry then blame him for not being able to eat...

:thumb:

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

As if things aren't bad enough for Enzo on this thread, here is James insisting he's still right 😁

Oh god your back again ! Did your ban expire ? 

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

It's all the poor's fault for not being able to budget, spoken like another tory arsepiece. For every family who have bad parents budgetting their meagre income, there will be 100 more who work miracles with their paltry take-home. So, I suppose, those unfortunate to be born to broken parents who maybe don't have a huge amount of money or make bad spending decisions are meant to just go without because their parents didn't meet your standards? Punish the kids for that - next you'll be wanting free meals at schools stopped, that'll teach 'em!

This isn't even about that anyway, that's only part of it. Scotland, like Wales, is signed up to the Wellbeing Economy Governments alliance which strives to put the wellbeing of the people and environment at the forefront of decisions, rather than the demand for perpeptual and, ultimately, unsustainable growth.  Making these hygiene products widely available reduces inequality AND crucially, makes accessing them easy and discrete.

You should be ashamed of your utter lack of empathy or ability to see how barren the grass looks from other people's realities. 

I do think it’s about time people were paid properly.

If a business cannot pay its staff enough to live on, then it’s not profitable .

State supplementation of wages is pretty disgusting.

For full time workers obviously

John Findlay
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Ah, the old "the poor are poor because they don't spend their money wisely" argument, propagated by those not in poverty in order to make excuses for the inequitable wealth gap. It's a real shame to see it shown the light of day here. One day hopefully we'll leave such stone age arguments, and hopefully that wealth gap, behind.

What utter and total bollocks you have posted.

I will tell you why.

I was one of those poor as a child in the 70s.

1. My mum pissed her money up the wall on Carlsberg special brew and my dad put more money into William Hills than the housekeeping. I was put into care aged eleven, as my parents did pay the rent and the arrears were such that the council evicted us.

So dont tell me that the poor dont spend their money wisely, I and my two younger sisters were a victim of it, and i can assure you we were not the only families in West Pilton, Muirhouse, Royston and West Granton in the sameboat.

Luckily for me I learned from their mistskes and didnt repeat them.

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I will tell you why.

1. My mum pissed her money up the wall on Carlsberg special brew and my dad put more money into William Hills than the housekeeping. I was put into care aged eleven, as my parents did pay the rent and the arrears were such that the council evicted us.

So dont tell me that the poor dont spend their money wisely, I and my two younger sisters were a victim of it, and i can assure you we were not the only families in West Pilton, Muirhouse, Royston and West Granton in the sameboat.

Addiction covers all income brackets, John. To me, despite the childhood disadvantages you experienced personally and for which I sincerely empathise (it must have been a real fecker of a situation for you), that illustrates to me the importance of seriously tackling addiction in society. It doesn't equate to the blaming of the poor for being poor.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

You and some others comments on this thread reek of virtual signalling., with hyperbole and soundbites.  And yes throw in the ultimate accusation and slur ( a Tory). It really is pathetic. 

My experiences of people in " poverty" and issues related to their " budgeting " are real. Obviously not all of those in poverty are " reckless" and budget irresponsibly but some certainly do.  Hence the need for the state to step in. The point being is the SNP have overstepped their role within families and they now seem to want to take over the role of the parent.  Is it a deliberate attempt by the SNP to undermine family life and take control of it and not promote parents to be responsible. ?  Yes i think it is.  The role of any caring professionals whether it be in support work or social work is to help and support but TO also promote independence.  Their ultimate aim is to made not needed  by the family or indivudal as they have helped those said people become independent from their help .  The individual or family then become productive members of society with self esteem and self responsibility.  Yes there are economic  reasons which are barriers to this but the principle is right. The workers role is promote personal responsibility such as issues related to budgets . paying bills. rent etc.  There is nothing wrong in trying to help people better themselves.  You make it sound like it is.  You actually have a pessimistic view of those in poverty , in that they cant do anything about it.  

The irony is you and others have mumped yer gums  and condemned about youths etc at the Meadows creating may hell and those youths etc are probably from those families you are so concerned about. You wouldn't look the road any of them were on probably. 

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I will tell you why.

Well said. Some people seem far removed from real life and lived experiences . So bloody patronising. They must have read too much Charles Dickens. 

Edited by JamesM48

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

22% of households in the UK live below the poverty line and 30% of children live in these households. This will likely have worsened over the course of the pandemic.

Source: Child Poverty Action Group.

6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

That's 10 years of Tory austerity for you. Their banker mates are fine though, that's the main thing.

Fortunately we have had the snp for the last 14 years to look after the poor here - aw thats right the fish is going to get round to it along with the worst drugs problem in Europe  if we vote her in again ,----------bluddy tooooooaries.

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Fortunately we have had the snp for the last 14 years to look after the poor here - aw thats right the fish is going to get round to it along with the worst drugs problem in Europe  if we vote her in again ,----------bluddy tooooooaries.

Now that an inconvenient truth on this thread, The elephant in the room.  

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

An inconvenient truth would be the percentage of households living in poverty being lower in Scotland than it is in England and Wales. 

dobmisterdobster

An inconvenient truth that the local SNP council slashed drug and alcohol services funding from the previous Labour administration.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

An inconvenient truth would be the percentage of households living in poverty being lower in Scotland than it is in England and Wales. 

Oh so that makes it ok then ? How ludicrious 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Oh so that makes it ok then ? How ludicrious 

It's an improvement given the limited flexibility of a devolved parliament that doesn't have full control of the budget.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh god your back again ! Did your ban expire ? 

He's still living in cloud cuckoo land though👍

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Bloody SNP

You would almost think that they hadn't been in power for 14 years. If Sturgeon's own constituency is a dump, it's no surprise the country is going down the toilet too. Bloody Toooaaarries.

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He's still living in cloud cuckoo land though👍

lol  oh well maybe he is happy there 

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Really! You are harking back to the good old days of mythical middle England so often revered by Theresa May. Rubbishing human rights. Vilifying the poor.

The reality for many poor was joining the forces and getting killed or maimed, then returning to live in poverty because you were not properly supported. People worked long hours in unsafe conditions, dying young because you couldn't afford medical treatment. hundreds of thousands of Scots emigrated because there were little or no opportunities here. Children's developement retarded because they did not have proper nutrition well that's one characteristic of the good old days that is returning you will be pleased to see. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/victorian-disease-gout-rickets-vitamin-d-mumps-scurvy-measles-malnutrition-nhs-hospital-admitted-a8795686.html

Don't you know we have a drugs and mental health crisis and that many young people are struggling? Wouldn't it be better to do something rather than leave them to flounder? Did nobody help you or were you too proud to accept help? 

The state should be there to serve people and do their bidding. What could possibly be wrong with providing sanitary ware for women in the same way we might expect toilet paper? who says we should'nt work less hours and spend more time with our families doing the things that strengthen our mental wellbeing instead of coming home exhausted? Why should some people be denied a basic income? Are baby boxes not beneficial in Scotland as well as scandinavia? 

You are the guy who derided me for not having any empathy with the hospitality industy, it seems to me that your loyalties lie with corporate entities rather than human ones. Who knew Tories thought this way?

Again you shown an unbelievable grasp of how business, or indeed, life works. You are inhabiting a delusional land of milk and honey where everyone has rights and no'one has responsibilities. 

Yes, it would be great to work 4 days, less hours, spend long sunny days with family and lie back while the State spoon feeds us....in return for our vote. Big bad business and Toooaaaaries would be demonised of course.  Perhaps Havana would be more to your taste??

Who in the name of **** "expects toilet paper" to be provided?? 

Have you ever considered that there is a mental health and drugs crisis because people are left to linger on benefits and freebies with no daily purpose?? Where is the self respect and dignity in that??

I'm all for "hand ups" rather than "hand outs" but if you want anything in life, it will be through aspiration and perspiration not by being molly coddled by an interfering state. And yes, you can expect to have to "come home exhausted" at times. Welcome to the real world. 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Again you shown an unbelievable grasp of how business, or indeed, life works. You are inhabiting a delusional land of milk and honey where everyone has rights and no'one has responsibilities. 

Yes, it would be great to work 4 days, less hours, spend long sunny days with family and lie back while the State spoon feeds us....in return for our vote. Big bad business and Toooaaaaries would be demonised of course.  Perhaps Havana would be more to your taste??

Have you ever considered that there is a mental health and drugs crisis because people are left to linger on benefits and freebies with no daily purpose?? Where is the self respect and dignity in that??

I'm all for "hand ups" rather than "hand outs" but if you want anything in life, it will be through aspiration and perspiration not by being molly coddled by an interfering state. And yes, you can expect to have to "come home exhausted" at times. Welcome to the real world. 

Very well said. In particular about the lack of aspirations the SG and others have for people who may be in poverty.  Just leave them parked on benefits?  Not working ? Not having a sense of pride in themselves? That seems to be the narrative. There is hardly any encouragement or motivation to help those people affect change and better themselves. In fact its viewed as stigmatizing and blaming them. We should be asking people what their aspirations  are and working with them towards achieving it.  However the current narrative is the exact opposite. 

coconut doug
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Just to recap then. It's distasteful to compare Covid deaths on a thread about Covid entitled Let the bodies pile high in their thousands but comparing drug deaths is the "elephant in the room".

Have you always been a hypocrite or is it something you picked up when hanging around with the Tory boys on here?

coconut doug
41 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm sorry to hear of your predicament. Montpeliers must have gone right down the pan since the last time i was in.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Just to recap then. It's distasteful to compare Covid deaths on a thread about Covid entitled Let the bodies pile high in their thousands but comparing drug deaths is the "elephant in the room".

Have you always been a hypocrite or is it something you picked up when hanging around with the Tory boys on here?

AA6CD477-55E1-4BA8-A44A-F741D0E5AA2F.jpeg

Konrad von Carstein
16 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I don't think some of them are, the toary schtick is just that for one or two....

The SNP have failed on just about every conceivable poverty measure, despite spending much more money than the rest of the UK. 

Healthy Life Expectancy - Lowest in Europe.

Drug Deaths - Ten times the European average.

Education - gradual slide down the PISA ranking and now behind England.

Health targets - waiting time standards and receiving treatment targets not met.

Attainment gap - Audit Scotland report in March was damning in it's verdict of the SG's performance.

Yes, the toaries are wanks and free ***** pads are great! But let's not pretend that the SNP give a flying feck about the most disadvantaged in our society. 

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

You and some others comments on this thread reek of virtual signalling., with hyperbole and soundbites.  And yes throw in the ultimate accusation and slur ( a Tory). It really is pathetic. 

My experiences of people in " poverty" and issues related to their " budgeting " are real. Obviously not all of those in poverty are " reckless" and budget irresponsibly but some certainly do.  Hence the need for the state to step in. The point being is the SNP have overstepped their role within families and they now seem to want to take over the role of the parent.  Is it a deliberate attempt by the SNP to undermine family life and take control of it and not promote parents to be responsible. ?  Yes i think it is.  The role of any caring professionals whether it be in support work or social work is to help and support but TO also promote independence.  Their ultimate aim is to made not needed  by the family or indivudal as they have helped those said people become independent from their help .  The individual or family then become productive members of society with self esteem and self responsibility.  Yes there are economic  reasons which are barriers to this but the principle is right. The workers role is promote personal responsibility such as issues related to budgets . paying bills. rent etc.  There is nothing wrong in trying to help people better themselves.  You make it sound like it is.  You actually have a pessimistic view of those in poverty , in that they cant do anything about it.  

The irony is you and others have mumped yer gums  and condemned about youths etc at the Meadows creating may hell and those youths etc are probably from those families you are so concerned about. You wouldn't look the road any of them were on probably. 

What a drama 😁

JudyJudyJudy
28 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

What a drama 😁

Still as witty and hysterical as ever I see !  😂 

Absolute shite. I said you sound like a Tory because stigmatising the poor, even a small proportion, tars them all with the same brush and leads to Duncan-Smith going from tears at the sight of an impoverished, run-down scheme to ‘Arbeit Macht Frei’ and making the lives of those on benefits a living ****ing hell. Making sanitary products widely available is not parenting by proxy nor a sign of the nanny state, its the sign of a civilised country. It’s like you’ve forgot that we are meant to co-exist in a community/society and that society gets stronger as we all get stronger. Feeding kids at school gives them a better chance of learning and being successful, providing sanitary products takes a huge amount of worry away for girls in school and also allows them to focus more on their studies. Taking away those worries allows children to ‘help themselves’, exactly what you want. 

I’ve not said a single word about the meadows or the bus vandalism and I fully understand there are myriad factors at play that lead to petty criminality and violence. Nor have I suggested at all that people shouldn’t be helped to take personal responsibility - is this a deliberately deceitful posting style you use in attributing words and thoughts to people who did not espouse them?

Finally, ultimately there ARE systemic reasons why people cannot get out of extreme poverty. Some do, most don’t because the entire system is deliberately weighted against them. Trickle down economics do not work. I know first-hand how deleterious the effects of extreme poverty are - and believe me, it took EVERYTHING to fight out of it. I was lucky that things ultimately worked out and yes, I don’t downplay the hard-work or difficulties faced by myself or others - and now that I’m in a different place, I absolutely WILL NOT ever turn my back on those still stuck in the crab bucket. 

Call it virtue signalling if you so choose, I’ll be sure to let the local food bank know how you describe caring about others next time I’m there. 

Edited by Gizmo

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Absolute shite. I said you sound like a Tory because stigmatise the poor, even a small proportion, tars them all with the same brush and leads to Duncan-Smith going from tears at the sight of an impoverished, run-down scheme to ‘Arbeit Macht Frei’ and making the lives of those on benefits a living ****ing hell. Making sanitary products widely available is not parenting by proxy nor a sign of the nanny state, its the sign of a civilised country. It’s like you’ve forgot that we are meant to co-exist in a community/society and that society gets stronger as we all get stronger. Feeding kids at school gives them a better chance of learning and being successful, providing sanitary products takes a huge amount of worry away for girls in school and also allows them to focus more on their studies. Taking away those worries allows children to ‘help themselves’, exactly what you want. 

I’ve not said a single word about the meadows or the bus vandalism and I fully understand there are myriad factors at play that lead to petty criminality and violence. Nor have I suggested at all that people shouldn’t be helped to take personal responsibility - is this a deliberately deceitful posting style you use in attributing words and thoughts to people who did not espouse them?

Finally, ultimately there ARE systemic reasons why people cannot get out of extreme poverty. Some do, most don’t because the entire system is deliberately weighted against them. Trickle down economics do not work. I know first-hand how deleterious the effects of extreme poverty are - and believe me, it took EVERYTHING to fight out of it. I was lucky that things ultimately worked out and yes, I don’t downplay the hard-work or difficulties faced by myself or others - and now that I’m in a different place, I absolutely WILL NOT ever turn my back on those still stuck in the crab bucket. 

Call it virtue signalling if you so choose, I’ll be sure to let the local food bank know how you describe caring about others next time I’m there. 

:greatpost:

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Absolute shite. I said you sound like a Tory because stigmatising the poor, even a small proportion, tars them all with the same brush and leads to Duncan-Smith going from tears at the sight of an impoverished, run-down scheme to ‘Arbeit Macht Frei’ and making the lives of those on benefits a living ****ing hell. Making sanitary products widely available is not parenting by proxy nor a sign of the nanny state, its the sign of a civilised country. It’s like you’ve forgot that we are meant to co-exist in a community/society and that society gets stronger as we all get stronger. Feeding kids at school gives them a better chance of learning and being successful, providing sanitary products takes a huge amount of worry away for girls in school and also allows them to focus more on their studies. Taking away those worries allows children to ‘help themselves’, exactly what you want. 

Great post. 

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Great post man. 
James is a good sort I think but he seems to have went down the road of just blindly agreeing with absolutely everything enzo says these days. 

Edited by jack D and coke

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

What a vile post . In particular the end threat which is disgusting actually . You really should be ashamed of yourself . You really are obsessed about me being a “ Tory “ when I have never voted for them in my life . You seem to have a lot of grievances about your early  life well boo hoo guess what you aren’t the only one brought up in poverty and managed to get out of it ! So what . I have met some of the kindest , caring people In my life who did not experience poverty . Just because you have that experience it doesn’t mean you have the monopoly on it . I could go on and on about my up bringing but I don’t dwell in the past . I made some of my life despite adverse disadvantages because I wanted to and was motivated to by my parents . No one owes Anyone anything in life you know . My work is my reward . And don’t even be so patronising to think that I have no idea about structural poverty and how difficult it is to get out off for anyone . Take that frozen bag of chips off your shoulder . Youll

do yourself an injury . 

67E9B007-857C-43C2-B21C-28A1CD77BBAC.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Great post man. 
James is a good sort I think but he seems to have went down the road of just blindly agreeing with absolutely everything enzo says these days. 

Thanks for the back handed compliment but I don’t blindly follow everything Enzo says . I do agree with much of his views but I do have differences . Not that I am decrying Enzo 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Thanks for the back handed compliment but I don’t blindly follow everything Enzo says . I do agree with much of his views but I do have differences . Not that I am decrying Enzo 

:lol: 👍🏼

Enzo Chiefo
31 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Absolutely.  I'm sure we differ on the constitution issue for example. The frightening "group think" mentality in this country sees the "Toaaarry" charge being levelled at anyone who doesn't follow the correct thought process. Substitute "Toaaarry" for any race, nationality or religion and you would be breaking the law.

Meanwhile, James you can expect @scotgov to invite you down to Holyrood to undergo a Maoist "struggle session" soon.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Absolutely.  I'm sure we differ on the constitution issue for example. The frightening "group think" mentality in this country sees the "Toaaarry" charge being levelled at anyone who doesn't follow the correct thought process. Substitute "Toaaarry" for any race, nationality or religion and you would be breaking the law.

Meanwhile, James you can expect @scotgov to invite you down to Holyrood to undergo a Maoist "struggle session" soon.

Cheers Enzo.  Yes it does seem being called a " Toarry " is THE  slur on this.  Water off a ducks arse  comes to mind .  When do i start my indoctrination ????? :)

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Great post man. 

And Jonesy. 

Sad way to behave.