• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Consistency is key - absolutely. He's having his best season right now at 23 and I think has some growing to do. 

Might not be as good as peak GMS, but he is better than current GMS, I assure you.

Not fully grown at 23? Wow.  (actually I could believe that of GMS at 30)

Hopefully GMS is on his way back to peak GMS. 6 goals in 4 games is certainly an improvement on his early form with us.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Seen the thread jump up a few pages since the morning. Thought we might have signed someone…..nope just the same old slavering shite.

So you posted a shit post to complain about shit posts. 

gossip is the whole point of a message board. 

1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

Just imagine Alex macdonald & sandy jardine being happy with a top six ! How we've fallen standards ways as a club, 

Exactly, Hector.

An excellent first season back in the Premier in 83/84, consolidated with a 7th place finish the next and, after a shaky start in 85/86, on to the next level.

Only cruel fate prevented a title, at least one other trophy and a European semi final.

Nothing wrong with a bit of consolidation but only if what's gone before is worth sitting on before taking the next step.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Does Hibs signing a player that hardly any person in Edinburgh knew about make things worse for us in this Window?

I can see some climbing the walls.

We’ll be doing very well to make a signing better than that, on paper of course. He has only signed a piece of paper. Hasn’t kicked a ball yet. Let’s see what we come up with. It’s all that really matters.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Exactly, Hector.

An excellent first season back in the Premier in 83/84, consolidated with a 7th place finish the next and, after a shaky start in 85/86, on to the next level.

Only cruel fate prevented a title, at least one other trophy and a European semi final.

Nothing wrong with a bit of consolidation but only if what's gone before is worth sitting on before taking the next step.

Nowadays folk would want the mgt team sacked after the 7th place finish. 

In fact, they'd want the manager sacked after failing to win promotion, never mind finishing 3rd in their first season. 

Just as well we stuck with Doddie and never went with any reactionary pant wetting stuff you hear fans talk about. 

Changed days indeed. 

Niemi’s gloves
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Exactly, Hector.

I’m scratching my head with this one. It was ok finishing fifth, then slipping back to seventh back in the ‘80s because we then pushed on? But now finishing top 6 with the intention of pushing on subsequently shows that standards have fallen?

BackOfTheNet

There is something to be said for waiting for the right players, but I hope we’re not putting all our eggs into one or two baskets. Not just because if they don’t sign we don’t leave much time for backup plans, but also even if they do sign, if we’re expecting one or two signing to be all the difference - what happens if they get injured?

SuperstarSteve
33 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Meh to h1b5 new signing, he doesn't look that good tbh, and if he was he wouldn't be signing for them, also isn't MLS a league that Danny Wilson excels in, it must be a shite standard imo.

You could have that argument both ways. Findlay who excelled here and can’t get a game in the MLS and Danny Wilson has had less game time for Colorado in his 4 seasons than he got for us during his 3 years. Wilson would arguably be in our first team if he re-signed. 

The standard between here and America isn’t miles apart. Player for player outwith the OF the MLS pisses all over our top league. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Consistency is key - absolutely. He's having his best season right now at 23 and I think has some growing to do. 

Might not be as good as peak GMS, but he is better than current GMS, I assure you.

He’ll be 25 next month. I’m not feeling very assured …

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So you posted a shit post to complain about shit posts. 

gossip is the whole point of a message board. 

This thread is a massive waste of everyone’s time though 

Famous 1874

A 2 cap yank that nobody has heard of😂😂

In terms of Hearts, a week on Saturday until we play Celtic… some quality badly needed. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I’m scratching my head with this one. It was ok finishing fifth, then slipping back to seventh back in the ‘80s because we then pushed on? But now finishing top 6 with the intention of pushing on subsequently shows that standards have fallen?

It's ****ing mental. 

That's what it is. 

Because we've had a solid start the oot Brigade are not only infesting every thread looking for an angle to have pot shots at the Bobmeister but they are tieing themselves up in knots trying to do so. 

At least one has admitted he wants us to be shite so Bob gets sacked. 

This type will be so glad when we do get beat, make their job of trolling on here and slagging Hearts much easier. 

Hackney Hearts
23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Here's the thing.

If he's as good as you say he is (and I've no reason to doubt you), then club scouts everywhere will be aware of this.

Why would he go to Hibs - or Hearts or Aberdeen - when he can go a couple of hundred miles down the road and earn about ten times as much at an English Championship club, and be in an even better shop window? What's the appeal? Is there part of the old Mueller clan that he wants to be closer to? Is he being blackmailed? I don't get it.

8 hours ago, jambo191 said:

Apparently we have signed a winger from Orlando City. Can’t say I have heard of him. Chris Mueller.

Joe Savage have a scope of the MLS?

Don’t even think we need another winger.

Are you a Hibs fan? 😂 your contact was close 

1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I think he will be signing of the season. I rate him that highly. If he adapts but I believe he will and he won’t be in Scotland long. 

My opinion doesn’t count for much though as I’d seen McEneff countless times and thought he would be a massive coup (still could be) it’s likely he will be 2nd fiddle to a Halliday a player a don’t rate at all as a central midfielder. 

Let’s hope I’m wrong and he turns out to be awful. 

I think thats the point they will be hoping he isn't there long and they make a fair bit of profit.

14 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

It was a reference to an earlier post that finishing 9th/10th this season would represent consolidation.

That's not the kind of consolidating I'd be happy with.

My mistake for not making that clear.

If Neilson can achieve a season as good as 83/84, top 3/4 throughout and eventually settling for top 5 and European qualification, I'd be content with that to consolidate and build on.

Edited by martoon

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's ****ing mental. 

That's what it is. 

Because we've had a solid start the oot Brigade are not only infesting every thread looking for an angle to have pot shots at the Bobmeister but they are tieing themselves up in knots trying to do so. 

This type will be so glad when we do get beat, make their job of trolling on here and slagging Hearts much easier. 

Jumping the gun, as per, Tosh and just flying in with all water pistols blazing.

13 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

You could have that argument both ways. Findlay who excelled here and can’t get a game in the MLS and Danny Wilson has had less game time for Colorado in his 4 seasons than he got for us during his 3 years. Wilson would arguably be in our first team if he re-signed. 

The standard between here and America isn’t miles apart. Player for player outwith the OF the MLS pisses all over our top league. 

Fair enough, my point is the standard of overall players isn't great in the U.S, for example perry kitchen was in the U.S national team and was good for LA galaxy but didn't really stand out for us much, there are however a few decent players over there though, usually the ones who are about to retire, can actually see Ronaldo going there in a couple of years.

P.s I thought Wilson was shite for us and rate halkett more and I am no halkett fan.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Jumping the gun, as per, Tosh and just flying in with all water pistols blazing.

As usual, trying to deflect from his own numerous humiliations and his feeble football knowledge

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Fair enough, my point is the standard of overall players isn't great in the U.S, for example perry kitchen was in the U.S national team and was good for LA galaxy but didn't really stand out for us much, there are however a few decent players over there though, usually the ones who are about to retire, can actually see Ronaldo going there in a couple of years.

P.s I thought Wilson was shite for us and rate halkett more and I am no halkett fan.

Wilson wasn’t shite for us but he wasn’t that good for us.

Like Halkett, a CB I’d happily never watch again.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's ****ing mental. 

That's what it is. 

It’s not mental, it’s predictable - I felt you months ago this would happen. It is impossible, completely impossible for neilson to survive. At best he has fans who tolerate him, there will be relative silence when things are going wel but as soon as anything goes wrong it will be a knife through the back. 

he’s finished. And I few a bit sorry for him but it’s mainly his own fault. You do not get away with some of the results we had last season ever! At any club of note

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Give him time and he will soon be dropping his breeks in Tesco while shoplifting

👏🏼👏🏼😂😂😂😂🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not mental, it’s predictable - I felt you months ago this would happen. It is impossible, completely impossible for neilson to survive. At best he has fans who tolerate him, there will be relative silence when things are going wel but as soon as anything goes wrong it will be a knife through the back. 

he’s finished. And I few a bit sorry for him but it’s mainly his own fault. You do not get away with some of the results we had last season ever! At any club of note

Hasn't been backed in the window to suggest the board are any different to the sceptical fans. Piss poor.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

When is he getting sacked then?

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This honestly has to be one of the most pathetic things I've ever read on here. You're seriously wishing for your club to fail just out of spite for a manager who you don't like? 

Surely the decent thing to do would be hoping Neilson could turn his fortunes around by having the club placing highly and winning back a lot of favour?

Questionable behaviour. As far as anonymous web forums go, I could never respect a person who thinks the way you do.

Agree with you,  but does show the confidence a lot of our support have in  probably the most important position at the club. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Doddie never even got promoted in his first season. 

90% will move forward, unfortunately the slaver cannon Brigade are just hopeibg we fail. ( as admitted by a poster on here). 

10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As usual, trying to deflect from his own numerous humiliations and his feeble football knowledge

👍

Piggybacking on the posts of others to launch an attack is pretty feeble, too.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Hasn't been backed in the window to suggest the board are any different to the sceptical fans. Piss poor.

not sure I agree with this, I’d like to have seen signings defo but equally, we can’t repeat mistakes of the past. Has to be the right players. If we can’t get them we can’t get them. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

90% will move forward, unfortunately the slaver cannon Brigade are just hopeibg we fail. ( as admitted by a poster on here). 

40 years ago? It’s a different game and we are a different club with different expectations . I He won’t get a chance by a huge slice of our support . His continued presence is really unfortunate. The 90% will tolerate him and not be overly vocal for a while, but he will always couple of defeats away from plaza protests.

I actually don’t know of anyone who is in any way enthusiastic about him

Edited by kingantti1874

south morocco
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I agree, the noose is still firmly round his neck from last season. A poor start to the season will see some sections of the support baying for the trapdoor to open. I

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Time will tell. 

McEneff cost a fee. 

Gnando and  GMS had this season in mind. 

If we sign 3/4 decent players he'd have been backed. 

He is playing catch up and needs backed tho as you say and we do need a few. 

Absolute Scenes
22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

geez Kingatti, I told you not to let anyone know

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Doddie inherited the greatest mess in HMFC's history.

Worse even than your man Levein left behind. Way worse.

There was no clamour for Alex's head in 1982 and rightly so. The fans had the foresight and knowledge to realise that the club, whilst still in turmoil was, by then, in good hands with Doddie and Wallace.

The lead piping/iron bar incident v. Motherwell wasn't personal. 🤪

The majority do not feel that way about Budge, Neilson and the always lurking Fifer.

Deny, deflect, insult...Tosh, but it's true.

Batistuta87
46 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Here's the thing.

If he's as good as you say he is (and I've no reason to doubt you), then club scouts everywhere will be aware of this.

Why would he go to Hibs - or Hearts or Aberdeen - when he can go a couple of hundred miles down the road and earn about ten times as much at an English Championship club, and be in an even better shop window? What's the appeal? Is there part of the old Mueller clan that he wants to be closer to? Is he being blackmailed? I don't get it.

(Appreciate that).

Honestly beats me mate - I don't know how they've pulled it off. Maybe other teams just don't look at the MLS as a viable market. Maybe one of their American connections have tipped them off to his availability and by keeping it quiet like JS has aluded to, they've snuck it under the radar. Maybe they've sold him on Hibs being a stepping stone to bigger things, using the likes of McGinn, Cummings, Irvine, Marciano, etc as examples of players who have moved from Hibs to much bigger clubs in recent years and thinks he can replicate that himself. However its happened, unfortunately it looks like a good bit of business for them and I must admit to being a bit jealous - and I think we would be sitting here like Randy Marsh surrounded by ectoplasm if we'd signed him. 

Or maybe, just maybe (which is now my last hope), he looks better than he actually is and his ability and value is inflated because he's in the MLS lol.  

Edited by Batistuta87

kingantti1874
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

geez Kingatti, I told you not to let anyone know

😂😂 I really need to control the autocorrect on my phone better 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, south morocco said:

I agree, the noose is still firmly round his neck from last season. A poor start to the season will see some sections of the support baying for the trapdoor to open. I

not little sections either. After Brora in excess of 90% on here wanted him gone, there is a margin of error of course but that pattern was repeated pretty much everywhere. I have never seen such unanimity. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I noticed it, too, but decided to just let it pass.

Wasn't easy. 😄

Bazzas right boot
Just now, martoon said:

Doddie inherited the greatest mess in HMFC's history.

Worse even than your man Levein left behind. Way worse.

There was no clamour for Alex's head in 1982 and rightly so. The fans had the foresight and knowledge to realise that the club, whilst still in turmoil was, by then, in good hands with Doddie and Wallace.

The lead piping/iron bar incident v. Motherwell wasn't personal. 🤪

The majority do not feel that way about Budge, Neilson and the always lurking Fifer.

Deny, deflect, insult...Tosh, but it's true.

Yip, we had hardier, less fickle fans back then who wouldn't take the cream puff after a set back and whine about it for months if they didn't get their way. 

The modern fan can be as fickle as they are ridiculous. 

Instant success or oot! 

Utter dumplings. 

Thankfully the Bobmeister has delivered improvement and success in some areas each season he's been with us. 

Not perfect by any means,-room and need  for improvement, thankfully the Bobmeister has previous for this. 

3/4 good signings will see us up for a better season than last season and with a bit luck our best since Robbie left last time. 

Jeffros Furios
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, we had hardier, less fickle fans back then who wouldn't take the cream puff after a set back and whine about it for months if they didn't get their way. 

The modern fan can be as fickle as they are ridiculous. 

Instant success or oot! 

Utter dumplings. 

Thankfully the Bobmeister has delivered improvement and success in some areas each season he's been with us. 

Not perfect by any means,-room and need  for improvement, thankfully the Bobmeister has previous for this. 

3/4 good signings will see us up for a better season than last season and with a bit luck our best since Robbie left last time. 

46,166 posts and each one is a steaming pile of shite ! 

So the two mystery players have still not signed this is turning into this generation’s World Cup star’s signing 😂😂

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

7 minutes ago, martoon said:

I noticed it, too, but decided to just let it pass.

Wasn't easy. 😄

I couldnt 😆

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Pretty much where I am with Mueller. I think he is an absolute coup. 

FWIW, I watch MLS because I work with a lot of Americans, and the company has a partnership with Comcast/NBC and MLS. I watch it so I can participate when they start talking about it in calls and meetings, and have heard of him. Most of those I speak to are Philadelphia Union or NYCFC fans (in Orlando's division). Based on the times I've watched them, I have formed the opinion that Meuller is a very good player and I can say this with absolute certainty and with very gritted teeth, but he is better than GMS and is one of the better wingers in the league. Orlando are title contenders. They're sitting 4th with a game in hand, winning that will put them 2nd. His opposite winger is Nani, and his striker is Pato. They would pump Hearts. 

Seeing Hibs sign someone of that calibre has genuinely put me on a right downer. If we signed him, we'd be going ****ing mental. 

Pisses me right off that you have to explain your knowledge of a particular subject though and that people automatically assume you know nothing. 

You mean you would be going mental. 😏

I've never heard of this guy and if he's that good why aren't bigger clubs stumping up the cash to get him now ? 

I agree with Malinga about some of the posters on here. This place is infested. 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, droid said:

Dunfermline sign Kai Kennedy from Rangers on Loan(another mentioned somewhere on this thread).

Would love to know if Rangers would have loaned him to us in the Premier League.

He will end up a really good player in years to come.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Would love to know if Rangers would have loaned him to us in the Premier League.

He will end up a really good player in years to come.

West Ham tried to sign him permanently. We would have more chance of getting jake hastie

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***