Harry Cochrane leaving

iantjambo

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hmm 🤔

Good he’s admitted not knowing the in’s and out’s of it though. How anyone could form a steadfast opinion either way is surprising. 

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• DH1986

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Good he’s admitted not knowing the in’s and out’s of it though. How anyone could form a steadfast opinion either way is surprising. 

Poor management. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Poor management. 

Could easily be that. If he had a run of good performances then faded it would add to that argument. He didn’t. He’s done very little since the Celtic game. I choose to believe it’s most likely his fault and maybe partly poor coaching/management on top of that. 

Edited by GinRummy

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Breaking News: Hearts sign player who struggles to get a game for Montrose.

Who on here would be happy ?

It’s been mentioned a fair bit but what do folk think happened to the 16 year old that played so well when he broke through? Something went wrong and loaning him out clearly wasn’t the answer. 
Players view being sent on loan as not being wanted, look at the guys we’ve had like Ngoo/McCallum/Perriera/Smith/Brown/Meshino/Randall/Mitchell/Kastaneer all probably not good enough for us, only Dunne was a success. 
Not many of our players that have been out on loan have been a success at the other clubs or when they return. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Could easily be that. If he had, had a run of good performances then faded it would add to that argument. He didn’t. He’s done very little since the Celtic game. I choose to believe it’s most likely his fault and maybe partly poor coaching/management on top of that. 

He's messaged back to that rab lockart on twitter, he's not going to come out with it, because there is a rule in football that you don't bad mouth, previous coaches etc well there was when i played, take it from me, I know the lads personally. 

They were given guarantees that were never met 👍

It ain't there fault. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s been mentioned a fair bit but what do folk think happened to the 16 year old that played so well when he broke through? Something went wrong and loaning him out clearly wasn’t the answer. 
Players view being sent on loan as not being wanted, look at the guys we’ve had like Ngoo/McCallum/Perriera/Smith/Brown/Meshino/Randall/Mitchell/Kastaneer all probably not good enough for us, only Dunne was a success. 
Not many of our players that have been out on loan have been a success at the other clubs or when they return. 

Scotland captain Scott Brown taking out his revenge for the 4-0 game on a 16 year old, considered at the time one of the best prospects in our game, may have had something to so with it? Just teaching him a lesson though... 16.... And it certainly didn't make him a better player. Took the wind out of his sales, put him out of the game completely for a while and he's never been even close to being the same gallus player again.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2179128/harry-cochrane-scott-brown-lesson-make-him-a-better-player-celtic-hearts-kris-boyd-controversial-challenge/

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, jambo3tevie said:

How it works in Scotland

Compensation

F3-Compensation shall be payable to the former Club of a Player only where the Player concerned is Registered with his new Club at or before the end of the first Season in which the Player concerned reaches, will reach or shall have reached the age of 23.

F4-If a Club wishes to re-engage a Professional Player and/or preserve any right that it may wish to assert to Compensation, such Club must have sent to the Player, to his last known home address or delivered tohim personally, and copied to the Secretary, not later than fourteen days prior to the expiry of the term of the Player’s Contract of Service, a written offer of re-engagement in accordance with Rule F5.

F5-An offer of re-engagement for the purposes of RulesF4 must be for a term of not less than one year, on:-F5.1replacement terms which are, in the opinion of the Board, not less favourable in all monetary respects, on an annual comparison basis, with the immediately preceding year of his employment, except thata signing-on fee and/or any additional or other lump sum payments included in the previous terms need not be repeated; or,F5.2deemed terms as provided in Rule F6.

F6-If an offer made in accordance with Rule F5 does not specify the term and/or terms offered for such re-engagement then the Club making the offer shall be deemed to have offered employment for a term of one year from the expiry of the term of the Player’s existing Contract of Service on the same terms on which he was employed at the date of such offer, except that any signing-on fee and/or any additional or other lump sum payments included in the existing terms are not included in the deemed offer.

F7-If, after the expiry of the term of his Contract of Service a Professional Player, to whom an offer in terms of Rules F5 and F6 has been made which is not accepted by him, is Registered for a new Club in circumstances where Rule F3 applies, then that new Club shall be liable to pay Compensation to the Player's former Club

F8-If Clubs are unable to reach agreement on the amount of Compensation payable then either of the Clubs concerned or the Board shall have the right, at any time, to have any Compensation payable, if any, determined by a Compensation Tribunal.

F9-In the event of the two Clubs concerned not reaching agreement on the amount of any Compensation payable, the new Club must, on the date of Scottish FA Registration or, if later, on the date of any first offer of Compensation, pay to the Player's former Club at least 50% of the highest amount offered or, as the case may be, offered, plus VAT at the standard rate. All offers of Compensation shall be in writing and shall be copied to the Secretary by recorded delivery post when they are sent to the Player’s former Club. In the event that the amount of Compensation ordered to be paid by a Compensation Tribunal is less than the amount previously paid in terms of this Rule F9 or if no Compensation is ordered to be so paid then the Club which has received such payment shall be liable to forthwith repay as a debt the amount overpaid or, where no payment is so ordered to be paid, the amount paid, to the Club which made such payment.

Ok ta. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I said earlier we agreed a £65k deal with Rangers for Holt so you can arrange a few. Places like America had a low ranking so they could sign players with no fee but not sure if it’s the same. There’s also different rules for fees between England and here too. All a bit complicated 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈

Your telling me 🙄

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

The hearts website disagrees with your post

The number of Walter Mitty characters who have emerged from the woodwork this season is incredible. Everyone seems to know the players and inner workings of the club. Even when no-one's allowed outside their hoose!

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

He's messaged back to that rab lockart on twitter, he's not going to come out with it, because there is a rule in football that you don't bad mouth, previous coaches etc well there was when i played, take it from me, I know the lads personally. 

They were given guarantees that were never met 👍

It ain't there fault. 

I don’t know who Rab Lockart is. Which guarantees? What has been said? No need to be coy, bongo, doesn’t suit you. 

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Didn't we offer him a new contract and he turned it down, like Holt? I wish we'd kept him with the first team squad this season along with a few youngsters. Would rather try to develop him than give someone like Halliday game time. At 19 though he really should have kicked on. However, none of us can say for sure he'll turn out to be a player, not even the great Stephane Adam. Very few players we release or who choose to leave at that age go on to play with clubs our level.

Scott Brown really did a number on him. That injury seemed to set him back a lot. Great job from the Scotland captain.

I'm not going to go into it, as i don't feel it's right to keep derailing threads etc, I can see you are a, passionate Hearts supporter, but you don't like people criticising the club fairplay. 

I don't blame these young lads. 

I know it's a lot bigger than that. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t know who Rab Lockart is. Which guarantees? What has been said? No need to be coy, bongo, doesn’t suit you. 

It's not fair these lads have a career in the game, unfortunately I'm not going to be spouting there livelihoods over this. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Rubbish, 16 year old didn't develop as hoped. Happens to thousands of young players every year. 

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The number of Walter Mitty characters who have emerged from the woodwork this season is incredible. Everyone seems to know the players and inner workings of the club. Even when no-one's allowed outside their hoose!

The rumour mill went into overdrive regarding Robbie leaving. I even posted a rumour I heard that he was going to be replaced. Now just feels like a massive case of Chinese whispers. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Ok ta. 

Your telling me 🙄

I was just reading about Scottish Clubs can sign players from England for the basic amount, Rangers did it with Aribo and Celtic with Dembele. https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/scottish-premiership/premiership-transfer-news/why-rangers-only-have-pay-ps300k-joe-aribo-cross-border-transfer-rule-which-benefits-scottish-clubs-1414555

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm not going to go into it, as i don't feel it's right to keep derailing threads etc, I can see you are a, passionate Hearts supporter, but you don't like people criticising the club fairplay. 

I didn't blame him. I blamed Scot Brown. I literally said I would have liked to have seen him given a chance this season. If we offered him a contract, it's his decision just like it was Neilson's decision to go with older heads this season (which I disagree with to the extent he did it). Cochrane's not taken his many chances on loan and he didn't shine when given a chance by Stendel. Maybe he can do a Scot Robinson and work his way back up.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The rumour mill went into overdrive regarding Robbie leaving. I even posted a rumour I heard that he was going to be replaced. Now just feels like a massive case of Chinese whispers. 

50/50 chance of him staying or leaving. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Rubbish, 16 year old didn't develop as hoped. Happens to thousands of young players every year. 

So there’s nothing the club could’ve done better? If he hadn’t developed at all why did they offer him a new contract?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I was just reading about Scottish Clubs can sign players from England for the basic amount, Rangers did it with Aribo and Celtic with Dembele. https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/scottish-premiership/premiership-transfer-news/why-rangers-only-have-pay-ps300k-joe-aribo-cross-border-transfer-rule-which-benefits-scottish-clubs-1414555

We did it with Sean Clare I think. Not quite the same return on investment as Celtic got with Dembele right enough!

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

50/50 chance of him staying or leaving. 

Just a feeling but if we get a few convincing wins to end the season we’ll be stuck with him. 

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Harry has blown his chance at the biggest club he’ll ever sign for. 

I 100% believe this will be the case. 

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You don’t blame them for what?  For wanting to leave or for not cutting it at Montrose, Dunfermline, Cowdenbeath, etc?

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I didn't blame him. I blamed Scot Brown. I literally said I would have liked to have seen him given a chance this season. If we offered him a contract, it's his decision just like it was Neilson's decision to go with older heads this season (which I disagree with to the extent he did it). Cochrane's not taken his many chances on loan and he didn't shine when given a chance by Stendel. Maybe he can do a Scot Robinson and work his way back up.

Sounds like you’re blaming Harry Cochrane rather than Scott Brown, which is probably nearer the mark. 

24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We did it with Sean Clare I think. Not quite the same return on investment as Celtic got with Dembele right enough!

Yeah we did. Noticed he played 17 games for Oxford now on loan at Burton, hope it works out for him. Celtic won a watch there. Currently at Athletico Madrid but has hardly played and has Covid. 

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

I don't know what nap means but I would bet not nap.

Nap = certainty

39 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It's not fair these lads have a career in the game, unfortunately I'm not going to be spouting there livelihoods over this. 

Question for you fella. I'm interested in whether you think Cochrane (and/or Irving for that matter) would be more likely to stay at Hearts if there was a change in manager? 

FWIW, I'm much more onboard with your overall view of things at the club over the last year or so...

34 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Question for you fella. I'm interested in whether you think Cochrane (and/or Irving for that matter) would be more likely to stay at Hearts if there was a change in manager? 

FWIW, I'm much more onboard with your overall view of things at the club over the last year or so...

That I don't know and will never know, as Robbie will be in charge next season. 

What I will question is though is when people come on here, and automatically blame the player for not making it. 

I think both have done enough to be getting game time at Hearts, when you consider some of the pish that has played ahead of them. 

Are they any worse than Frear or Roberts or Whelan etc my answer is no?. 

I'm a big believer on youth, how Hearts are struggling for a settled central midfield. 

Outwith the old firm I would argue we have the best in Scotland?. 

Peter Haring would walk into most teams, when 100% with Aaron McEneff alongside him good partnership. 

But then you look at the options to rotate between them with Cochrane, Irving, McGill, Smith but with C

. Smith more so playing of the striker and getting forward to help the attack. 

This was Dean Ritchie opinion when he left the club https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/ritchie-makes-hearts-pathway-jibe-22473480.amp&ved=2ahUKEwju6LWN8IPwAhVuQEEAHf-FAJgQFjAJegQIGRAG&usg=AOvVaw0Qt57I1a1WItgcd1NxquqS&ampcf=1

Now the only really way to improve the central midfield, would be to get a player the callibre of Allan Campbell or Alex Mowatt. 

So really you should be trying to make something of the youth. 

Allan Campbell and Alex Mowatt are realistic targets for the club, I was told Stendel wanted to bring Mowatt to the club to help the young lads in particular. 

But Stendel seen the club differently than what the current regime does, Stendel believes he can take on the old firm. 

Stendel believes in playing youth. 

Does the current regime hold the same opinions?. 

Overall if you are going to replace Stendel surely you replace him with an attacking coach, and someone that believes in developing youth players?. 

So you really just have this vicious revolving circle than keeps repeating itself over and over again, and never really improving the club. 

The question you asked me is a fair question, now i ask you one if you weren't a Hearts supporter and bias towards the club, for the reason you support them, would you want to play for our club, is it really attractive, do you think young players turn around and say to there mates, you know what Jim see the Hearts that team, never plays two games the same there way of playing, is so good to watch I want to be a part of that, financially we can't compete with the old firm, but we can beat them at selling youth and developing the very best Scotland has to offer, so  they turn into sellable assets to the club, meaning we can compete on more even terms. 

But we have to have the coaches in place to produce these players, I truly believe these kids are talented enough, but the hard part is taking there game to the next level, a good coach can do that. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

wattie exploited

good luck to harry he has been at hearts since a young kid ,I hope he goes on to have a good career  :rifle: 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

But we have to have the coaches in place to produce these players, I truly believe these kids are talented enough, but the hard part is taking there game to the next level, a good coach can do that. 

If these players are as good as you think they are do you not think they would maybe be showing that at Montrose, etc, rather than sitting on the bench, given that they are playing against even more pish part time teams than the ones we’ve been playing against this season?  I blame Neilson for a lot of things but surely this is down to these players, whether it is their attitude or just that they are actually not that good?  Good coaching can’t make a Messi out of every young player. 

Given their age they might come good but they’re not looking like much of a loss at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If these players are as good as you think they are do you not think they would maybe be showing that at Montrose, etc, rather than sitting on the bench, given that they are playing against even more pish part time teams than the ones we’ve been playing against this season?  I blame Neilson for a lot of things but surely this is down to these players, whether it is their attitude or just that they are actually not that good?  Good coaching can’t make a Messi out of every young player. 

Given their age they might come good but they’re not looking like much of a loss at the moment. 

A lot of the time a young player likes reassurance that he can do it, a good coach in particular can tell what players need the arm around the shoulder treatment or maybe pulling the player away to tell him, he's good enough and to be positive. 

Take Sean Clare for example under Levein, couldn't be worse if he tried, then look at Sean's short period under Stendel?. 

Different player all together, why? Because Stendel has given him the confidence and belief to go out and express himself. 

You have to remember Cochrane was scoring goals against celtic at 16 year old, how does he get better than that, so is there really a need to loan him out? If he's producing the goods against the likes of Celtic, will sending him out on loan with no disrespect to montrose really improve his game, or would keeping him in and about the first team with the Wee arm around the shoulder saying, Harry son you are more than good enough to be in this team but you have competition with Haring and McEneff lad, so I want you pushing all each other on so we can have the very best at this club, what does this create a competive attitude in and around the club. 

Which also creates a wee thought into the other youth players heads, they say to there mum's and dad's, mum, dad young Harry who I played with got a game for the first team, mum and dad reply to son you never know son if you are committed  enough and work hard why can't that be you 😉

Positive attitude created by Bongo 1874 😊

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A lot of the time a young player likes reassurance that he can do it, a good coach in particular can tell what players need the arm around the shoulder treatment or maybe pulling the player away to tell him, he's good enough and to be positive. 

Take Sean Clare for example under Levein, couldn't be worse if he tried, then look at Sean's short period under Stendel?. 

Different player all together, why? Because Stendel has given him the confidence and belief to go out and express himself. 

You have to remember Cochrane was scoring goals against celtic at 16 year old, how does he get better than that, so is there really a need to loan him out? If he's producing the goods against the likes of Celtic, will sending him out on loan with no disrespect to montrose really improve his game, or would keeping him in and about the first team with the Wee arm around the shoulder saying, Harry son you are more than good enough to be in this team but you have competition with Haring and McEneff lad, so I want you pushing all each other on so we can have the very best at this club, what does this create a competive attitude in and around the club. 

Which also creates a wee thought into the other youth players heads, they say to there mum's and dad's, mum, dad young Harry who I played with got a game for the first team, mum and dad reply to son you never know son if you are committed  enough and work hard why can't that be you 😉

Positive attitude created by Bongo 1874 😊

I can’t disagree with you but you’re looking at it in very black and white terms. I’m not saying young players are likely to thrive under Levein or Neilson but what you are failing to take into consideration is some young player fail regardless of the manager/coaches and despite showing early promise. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I can’t disagree with you but you’re looking at it in very black and white terms. I’m not saying young players are likely to thrive under Levein or Neilson but what you are failing to take into consideration is some young player fail regardless of the manager/coaches and despite showing early promise. 

That is correct, but what I would argue was loaning Cochrane and Mcdonald out the correct decision?. 

They showed there worth against celtic, so sending them on loan, it doesn't make sense?. 

Not every youth player can make it I get that, but I would argue that they were never really given the chance have a look at the article, In fact here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/ritchie-makes-hearts-pathway-jibe-22473480.amp&ved=2ahUKEwju6LWN8IPwAhVuQEEAHf-FAJgQFjAJegQIGRAG&usg=AOvVaw0Qt57I1a1WItgcd1NxquqS&ampcf=1

We have to create an environment, were youth players believe they can make it into the first team. 

Can I just add what I said about Hearts above , just doesn't happen at Hearts it's one of the biggest problems Scottish football has, and needs sorted that is all. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That is correct, but what I would argue was loaning Cochrane and Mcdonald out the correct decision?. 

They showed there worth against celtic, so sending them on loan, it doesn't make sense?. 

Not every youth player can make it I get that, but I would argue that they were never really given the chance have a look at the article, In fact here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/ritchie-makes-hearts-pathway-jibe-22473480.amp&ved=2ahUKEwju6LWN8IPwAhVuQEEAHf-FAJgQFjAJegQIGRAG&usg=AOvVaw0Qt57I1a1WItgcd1NxquqS&ampcf=1

We have to create an environment, were youth players believe they can make it into the first team. 

As I said, I’ve no doubt things could be better. I just don’t think you can argue that an individual player has been held back by the club. We do seem to bring in promising youngsters that never seem to progress, I agree. 

Charlie-Brown-

Let's face it we are a ****ing shambles from top to bottom, Budge can't pick a decent manager to save herself and she's let the club throw endless amounts of money on shite players her managers have wanted to bring in to the obvious detriment of our own academy players. Just this season absolute cack like Roberts Frear Popescu Halliday Gnandulliet have been added added to previous shite that Levein and Cathro signed.

The club needs a regime change and completely new broom.

#BudgeOverNeilsonOut

Nookie Bear

It’s not so much about Harry, as he has struggled to push on since those early days, it’s the bigger picture about how we develop our young talent to the point where they can be first team squad members.

They don’t need to be the new Robbo or Hartley, just effective and dependable to the point we can stop spending money on average signings to fill the squad. 

Otherwise, what’s the point in the Academy if a) it is not producing players and b) we then have to spend to make up for that shortfall, hence paying twice. 

The thing about Cochrane is that he's one of those players who definitely has technical ability but needs some intelligent coaching to turn him into a top player. Unfortunately it seems that we as a club are not the place where he will get that.

If I am reading this correctly, we should have used this season to blood promising youth players? In a squad full of low confidence underperforming experienced players, who would you trust to support those youths? The objective with youth development is to provide a structure in the first team that can allow the incoming youths to play their game in a nurturing and supportive environment, but neither the senior players nor the fans this season were in a position to provide positive support. You can’t have it both ways here, the team is crap and low on confidence, not to mention can’t be trusted to play their own game effectively so how can throwing youth into the mix help the team or the youth? This season was about getting promoted then getting the house in order to create a stable team and thus create a supportive environment to accommodate bringing in promising but properly equipped youth with less risk of having them dismissed as crap due to underperforming senior players. It takes time. The close season is where it starts so fingers crossed.

Bad Religion
23 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

If I am reading this correctly, we should have used this season to blood promising youth players? In a squad full of low confidence underperforming experienced players, who would you trust to support those youths? The objective with youth development is to provide a structure in the first team that can allow the incoming youths to play their game in a nurturing and supportive environment, but neither the senior players nor the fans this season were in a position to provide positive support. You can’t have it both ways here, the team is crap and low on confidence, not to mention can’t be trusted to play their own game effectively so how can throwing youth into the mix help the team or the youth? This season was about getting promoted then getting the house in order to create a stable team and thus create a supportive environment to accommodate bringing in promising but properly equipped youth with less risk of having them dismissed as crap due to underperforming senior players. It takes time. The close season is where it starts so fingers crossed.

It’s always the next transfer window, next season blah blah blah. Nothing will change with the current structure in place. 

Jeffros Furios
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So there’s nothing the club could’ve done better? If he hadn’t developed at all why did they offer him a new contract?

Zzzzzzzzz

12 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Dunno why, but I think he’s off abroad where physicality is less of a requirement.

You're right.....You would have thought that we would have learn't our lesson by now!
Smaller, diminutive players perform better than big muscle bound heifers. That's why Scotland will always lag behind successful European and Sth American countries.
Our scouting and coaching techniques belong to the dark ages!

Good luck to Harry Cochrane. I wish him well....Time will tell if he's another one that got away.  

Edited by Hashimoto

Howdy Doody Jambo

You can introduce young players when games are safe when the team is 3 or 4 up with 15/20 minutes to go, Robbie hasn't even done that this season 

Andy Irving and Euan Henderson are the only academy players that have been played although they have been introduced by Levein 

The point of concern is that Harry and Andy would rather leave the club, Why? 

You really have to go back to John McGlynn and Gary Locke introduced Patterson, Nicolson, King, Walker, McHattie, Brad Mackay,Jordan McGhee, Carrick and Jason Holt to get a group of youngsters 

Players do not come to Tynecastle to improve very few go onto bigger and better things 

Oh well more of the same old pish next season and also the Hearts Under 18s getting pumped 3-0 from Hibs yesterday? There coach should go with Neilson also! 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

2 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

You can introduce young players when games are safe when the team is 3 or 4 up with 15/20 minutes to go, Robbie hasn't even done that this season 

Andy Irving and Euan Henderson are the only academy players that have been played although they have been introduced by Levein 

The point of concern is that Harry and Andy would rather leave the club, Why? 

You really have to go back to John McGlynn and Gary Locke introduced Patterson, Nicolson, King, Walker, McHattie, Brad Mackay,Jordan McGhee, Carrick and Jason Holt to get a group of youngsters 

Players do not come to Tynecastle to improve very few go onto bigger and better things 

Oh well more of the same old pish next season 

All good points

However, not in defence of Neilson.....There was simply no one available to come off the bench!......Henderson, McGill....now I'm struggling!
I'm not a big fan of players going out on loan unless the club is actively trying to put them in the shop window to sell
The academy is currently depleted of players who can make the next step up to the top level. And it's not encouraging that players in a certain age bracket choose to leave and pursue their careers elsewhere.

It simply not the Hearts way in recent years, baring one or two notables to sign promising young lads with a view to fast tracking them into 1st team football 

skinnybob72

Our midfield has been dire for the last 3 years - regardless of who the manager was, i.e Levein or Neilson, Cochrane has clearly done nothing at training or out on loan to convince them he's worth playing. He may go on to have a decent career, he may not, but he's simply not done enough to warrant a regular game at Hearts.

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

All good points

However, not in defence of Neilson.....There was simply no one available to come off the bench!......Henderson, McGill....now I'm struggling!
I'm not a big fan of players going out on loan unless the club is actively trying to put them in the shop window to sell
The academy is currently depleted of players who can make the next step up to the top level. And it's not encouraging that players in a certain age bracket choose to leave and pursue their careers elsewhere.

It simply not the Hearts way in recent years, baring one or two notables to sign promising young lads with a view to fast tracking them into 1st team football 

This is a problem. Although game time for academy products has been negligible this season it’s difficult to see who could have come in. 

But I felt we could have filled the bench with guys like Harry, Smith etc at New Year when the league was pretty much wrapped up. 

john thomas
9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can't disagree with that but Cochrane , for one , clearly had to be taken out the first team . Disappointing but he wasn't performing at the level he can .

Honestly never heard of Ritchie and hope the boy has a good career . But he has signed for Airdrie ! Possibly taken a step back to restart his career but the fact he has signed for them would suggest he is not the new messiah