*****Official Heart of Midlothian Vs Alloa thread ******

Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Everyone excited to be making some external noise tonight?

So excited I've decided to dig out a Man City top :D 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

The radio has lost the plot , they are talking about how youll remember where you were today and if you need help there are organisations out there to help you with the grief and devastation at todays news , no matter how shocked , shaken or upset you are. It will be ok

They must be trolling the anti royalists :biggrin2:

I won't remember today next week

Carl Fredrickson
6 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Started looking for the game on iplayer and am now watching Gregory’s Girl

Bella Bella!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, sadj said:

The radio has lost the plot , they are talking about how youll remember where you were today and if you need help there are organisations out there to help you with the grief and devastation at todays news , no matter how shocked , shaken or upset you are. It will be ok

Typically the British public need to be told how to react to such news. It's not as if we've spent the last year hearing reports of thousands of deaths with the threat that it could be one of us or our loved ones at any moment, so the death of a 99 year old of natural causes has come as a great shock, especially as he was in reality a stranger to us all.

Also. When a TV/radio station has to spend hour upon hour covering the same topic they have to find some different angle every now and again, even if it is ridiculous.

Italian Lambretta
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Certainly would be the case if Neilson was emptied today.😉

SaintsnHearts

Will be tuning in from the south coast... I was going to ask ‘what do we expect tonight?’ or ‘is there anything in particular to look out for’ but I think I know the answers I’ll get 😂

5 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Most on here will   we were on here moaning about not getting to see game  😄

🤣 and those who do watch it will prob moan because they are watching it 

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:cornette:

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact they think there will be folk inconsolable because a 99 year old man they've never met snuffed it, or the fact that there actually might be folk inconsolable because a 99 year old man they've never met snuffed it.

Brutal.

Madness , my best mate is a Tory she phoned me this afternoon all sad not because its a human thats passed but because its a royal but even she thinks thats OTT

6 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Lol , have you seen the second one if so is it any good? 

3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Typically the British public need to be told how to react to such news. It's not as if we've spent the last year hearing reports of thousands of deaths with the threat that it could be one of us or our loved ones at any moment, so the death of a 99 year old of natural causes has come as a great shock, especially as he was in reality a stranger to us all.

Also. When a TV/radio station has to spend hour upon hour covering the same topic they have to find some different angle every now and again, even if it is ridiculous.

every channel , and all evening. 
The Mrs masterchef final isnae on and she’s actually beside herself. 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, sadj said:

🤣 and those who do watch it will prob moan because they are watching it 

👍

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Attended countless ceremonies, aye?  I’m really gutted now.  The guy was a racist erse.  

Not in total disagreement but it must be hard to be racist when you are a f'n Greek . I am going to come down he was a great guy... why ?... Because he once came to where I worked and shook my hand as he was shown around our state of the art lab... it wasn't really 🤣 However the reason he gets good guy status is that on the back of his visit the Doctor in charge of our labs took us over to the Mortar and bought us all a fair few large G&T's and we spent the rest of the afternoon getting rat arsed. Now that would never have happened had it not been for good guy Phil the Greek visiting The UoE as Chancer of 🤣 Why was our lab chosen? Good question I think it was there was only gid Scottish folk working in it🤣. I think I even combed my hair that day🤣

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Thats just old age Nucky 😉

3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Certainly would be the case if Neilson was emptied today.😉

🤣

4 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Crazy , not a royalist at all but with how things are I can appreciate the fact its an international thing. The lunacy or people in tears in the street etc not so much

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Let’s rattle our Tupperware 

Let's keep that projectory upwards (ish). 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

every channel , and all evening. 
The Mrs masterchef final isnae on and she’s actually beside herself. 🤣🤣

Is that not where you should be, consoling her? 🤣

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Not in total disagreement but it must be hard to be racist when you are a f'n Greek . I am going to come down he was a great guy... why ?... Because he once came to where I worked and shook my hand as he was shown around our state of the art lab... it wasn't really 🤣 However the reason he gets good guy status is that on the back of his visit the Doctor in charge of our labs took us over to the Mortar and bought us all a fair few large G&T's and we spent the rest of the afternoon getting rat arsed. Now that would never have happened had it not been for good guy Phil the Greek visiting The UoE as Chancer of 🤣 Why was our lab chosen? Good question I think it was there was only gid Scottish folk working in it🤣. I think I even combed my hair that day🤣

Ahhh i remember when I still had hair to comb....

LauderJambo

Typical...the very night we'll score a bucket load and look like Barcelona..and most of us won't get to watch!🤭🤭

I'll go for 0-0!

Harry Potter
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know where i was, the mother in laws.😮

Just now, sadj said:

Ahhh i remember when I still had hair to comb....

Well I am in the same boat now but that was forty years ago... five inch parting now bud 🤣

ford donald
20 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Cheers - I am registered however I can see no reference to the game in any categories! 🤷‍♂️

It should come under the sports section,probably not been planned,check sports section first.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Do you not think that having him as chancellor would be cudos for a university?

Actually, I should have finished the question at "Do you not think?".

No. 

Having went to university myself, I can say that  I did not base the decision on who was chancellor. 

Did you make your university choice based on who was chancellor? 

Just now, jock _turd said:

Well I am in the same boat now but that was forty years ago... five inch parting now bud 🤣

🤣

Just now, Barack said:

Everyone else that did, is dead...

🤣 ****ing knob-edd!!! Not wrong though tbf

You watching tonight?

J.T.F.Robertson

Keep in mind I doubt he wanted any of this, either.

Weather must still be happening though as BBC still giving a forecast.

Japan Jambo
7 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Quite, thought the written statement outside of the palace succinctly covered it. Beyond offering condolences to Her Majesty I've not sure how much this needs padded out or analysed. Sad yes, unexpected no, pay respects by all means but this is absurd.

1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

You really got me there!

Here was me thinking you were a well respected man that could only be got on a Sunday Afternoon

Just now, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Keep in mind I doubt he wanted any of this, either.

Weather must still be happening though as BBC still giving a forecast.

Weather is def happening , we have had sleet , rain , hail , sun and a blizzard so far today and its gently snowing again just now

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm having a street party ! 

Might as well  :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, sadj said:

Weather is def happening , we have had sleet , rain , hail , sun and a blizzard so far today and its gently snowing again just now

Golfers tomorrow morning will be chilly 

21 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Reminds me of a line by Spike Milligan at the Kings Theatre, describing a French holiday. 

"I ordered breakfast. The waiter brought an alarm clock."

4 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Quite, thought the written statement outside of the palace succinctly covered it. Beyond offering condolences to Her Majesty I've not sure how much this needs padded out or analysed. Sad yes, unexpected no, pay respects by all means but this is absurd.

Nicholas Witchell on BBC1  now, laying the pathos on with a giant trowel. 

colinmaroon

Don't know if it's been posted but apparently the game is on BBC iPlayer and online

Edited by colinmaroon

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Don't know if it's been posted but apparently the game is on BBC iPlayer.

My missus just told me. Apparently some people on FB are  having trouble comprehending why there's no actual programme on yet. :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Golfers tomorrow morning will be chilly 

Where you playing tomorrow? 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nah, watching Netflix. **** depressing myself.

Fair play , ill need give manbun a shout see what he is saying

2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56557118

To the right is  a "coming up" box

Bit edgy for the BBC even if it is Friday

August Landmesser
29 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ask us again at full time, they might be right!

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

My missus just told me. Apparently some people on FB are  having trouble comprehending why there's no actual programme on yet. :facepalm:

FB and comprehending anything dont realy go together tbf

11 minutes ago, ford donald said:

It should come under the sports section,probably not been planned,check sports section first.

Now showing up on BBC Scotland Spirts site 👍

colinmaroon
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:robboyas:

coatbridgejambo
19 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

3-0 the JTs. Boyce,gms(2).Let the fun begin.2nd beer opened. 

Your 2nd? You sure?

😄

J.T.F.Robertson
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Here was me thinking you were a well respected man that could only be got on a Sunday Afternoon

Wants to be like Superman.

Just now, coatbridgejambo said:

Your 2nd? You sure?

😄

Carlsberg special or Tennents Super Lager I'll bet.