New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The only time St Johnstone has won the league cup and Inverness Caley has won the Scottish Cup - in their histories - was when Robbie Neilson was Hearts manager. Coincidence? I think not.

Couldn't give a shit about when St.J or ICT won the cup tbh.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah. Why not say it again so we really get it? This wallowing in bad results isn't for me. Forget and move on. 

That philosophy is borderline idiocy (sorry).

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They've driven it from the start - along with wanting Budge out which is the real end game for these tubes - and is the main reason I won't jump on board.

There wasn't an enormous amount of excitement when Neilson came back, but I think most fans were willing to give him a chance. With many including myself, he used up what goodwill he had with the cup defeats to part-timers coupled with some woeful league displays. The lack of patience is probably in part down to the underperformance of the last few years, so maybe not entirely his fault, but that's showbiz.

And a lot now want to see the person who has overseen this decline leave too.

The Phoodle Out brigade have played no part in my thinking at any stage, but from what you say you seem to be happy to watch the club decline just to spite them.

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They've driven it from the start - along with wanting Budge out which is the real end game for these tubes - and is the main reason I won't jump on board.

I think Neilsons performances he got from his team, his tactics, his cup record, his comments re fans etc etc was the driving force to see the back of him.

25 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I was commenting more from her position / viewpoint. 

she'll be seeing it from the less emotive point of view - promotion achieved. possibly more income coming in when in the top flight? (don't know) - better status for sure. 

add in 2-3 quality signings (not 7 or 8 ) and we could see top 4 next season.

all if and buts I know - but it always is.

I'm not at all emotional about the situation (no offence taken). In fact, it's the opposite.

Where I see the situation is that the Champ win is seen by many on here as proof that RN will be here next season : in other words the club is hostage to success just as it was with CL when many of the same people held up the near cup win as a torch for CL to remain in post. I genuinely think the very same mistakes are being made.

More important than winning the Champ is the question of building a platform for next season and I don't see any evidence that has been happening - and , this isn't directed at you - please don't tell me it's all rosy in the garden because the players have been apologizing on a regular basis in the media and we've got Souttar back.  It's quite obvious there have been serious issues in the dressing room that culminated in the Brora outcome (and we didn't need Berra to go to the media to tell us - we could all see it).  Maybe there was a crisis meeting with senior players and maybe it really is all wine & roses there now - but there is a real question mark over Neilson that things got to the level they did because he hasn't proved by any means he's up to the task. 

But we are where we are and as much as I want RN gone I have no doubt he will be here next season. 

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah. Why not say it again so we really get it? This wallowing in bad results isn't for me. Forget and move on. 

ha ha lol. I’m just pointing out facts and that isn’t going to happen. 

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I just think it's more of a gamble to ditch Neilson now than give him next season, especially given Bidge's less than stellar record in making smooth managerial appointments. The only two that have worked instantly have been Neilson and Neilson. I'd love it if the pandemic hadn't happened and Stendel had scraped enough points to keep us up to still be our manager, but the pandemic happened and Stendel failed in his job. Neilson has to his credit made improvements to the squad in key areas, did the job in the league, and was a whisker away from lifting the Scottish Cup. So, 6/10 for me. I would give 5, but am taking the unique conditions of the pandemic into account, as only an idiot would claim that didn't level the playing field somewhat for us this season. Not great but not sack-worthy for me, even considering the Brora result or more the performance than the result tbh (the players deserve a lot of stick for that too), especially given the lottery that finding a new manager is - as we know more than most teams recently.

The risk isn't getting rid of Neilson the risk is keeping him. 

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm not at all emotional about the situation (no offence taken). In fact, it's the opposite.

Where I see the situation is that the Champ win is seen by many on here as proof that RN will be here next season : in other words the club is hostage to success just as it was with CL when many of the same people held up the near cup win as a torch for CL to remain in post. I genuinely think the very same mistakes are being made.

More important than winning the Champ is the question of building a platform for next season and I don't see any evidence that has been happening - and , this isn't directed at you - please don't tell me it's all rosy in the garden because the players have been apologizing on a regular basis in the media and we've got Souttar back.  It's quite obvious there have been serious issues in the dressing room that culminated in the Brora outcome (and we didn't need Berra to go to the media to tell us - we could all see it).  Maybe there was a crisis meeting with senior players and maybe it really is all wine & roses there now - but there is a real question mark over Neilson that things got to the level they did because he hasn't proved by any means he's up to the task. 

But we are where we are and as much as I want RN gone I have no doubt he will be here next season. 

Good post (and I wasn’t directing the emotional opinion at you - more a section on JKB)

have to agree that something was amiss leading up to the brora debacle. Perhaps a better manager would’ve avoided that (perhaps bringing in Logan for that game could’ve avoided the loss)

Is the return of soutter and the real Haring a sign of better times? Is a back three benefitting Halkett?

does this all in turn help McEneff? Does this then help GMS - and with a fit Ginnelly do we see a transformed team?

so - is it simply players returning to the team rather than Nielsen’s tactics?

possibly. 

sorry - I’ve ended up more or less talking to myself :)

the above (with the 2-3 quality additions) may be enough to transform the team - regardless of Nielsen being at the helm...

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If he knows he’s leaving next week then he’s playing a blinder and destined for MI5. 

He definitely knows,that’s why he’s doing all these interviews saying how he’s planning and looking forward to next season.Must be planning a holiday and looking forward to what his replacement can do.

51 minutes ago, pointon said:

This is exactly what has happened 

Hadn’t happened as of yesterday. Jury is still out. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

It wouldn't surprise me if sounding out is literally JJ or someone that isn't Budge speaking to the agent of a manager we're interested in, essentially to say, Hearts job might be coming up, are you interested. Most managers in the UK will have a rough idea of the finances likely to be involved (or their agent will in a very broad sense). 

Sounding out happens all the time. Its often the other way around and the agent has asked the question. People know each other though and its no different sometimes to you n I sitting in the pub and me asking you if youd be interested if it was available.

14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Does anyone on here actually use the term 'Phoodle'?

I thought those that use that term don't use JKB?

If there is a derogatory term for anyone related to Hearts its used on here. 

14 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Good post (and I wasn’t directing the emotional opinion at you - more a section on JKB)

have to agree that something was amiss leading up to the brora debacle. Perhaps a better manager would’ve avoided that (perhaps bringing in Logan for that game could’ve avoided the loss)

Is the return of soutter and the real Haring a sign of better times? Is a back three benefitting Halkett?

does this all in turn help McEneff? Does this then help GMS - and with a fit Ginnelly do we see a transformed team?

so - is it simply players returning to the team rather than Nielsen’s tactics?

possibly. 

sorry - I’ve ended up more or less talking to myself :)

the above (with the 2-3 quality additions) may be enough to transform the team - regardless of Nielsen being at the helm...

Your points are far more

.  worthy of debate when compared to the "he's staying, deal with it" or "he won the Champ, isn't that enough ?"  brigade on here.

Anyways, I'm off to watch the snooker 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, Sertse said:

The risk isn't getting rid of Neilson the risk is keeping him. 

A lower risk than, for example Alex Neil (or laughably Calum Davidson is now being mentioned after what half a season), IMO. The beef I have with the Robbie Oot lot is they refuse to give him credit for anything. We had the worst result ever under him at Brora. We also very nearly had one of our best ever results against Celtic in the cup final. That would have been up there as possibly our greatest cup win given how dominant Celtic have been in the cups and that we were in the championship at an all-time low during a pandemic.

So there are positives. It was the same under Craig Levein. Folk refused to give him any credit for anything, and seemed to deliberately forget the good things or give someone else the credit or make out like he got lucky. And at the same time, people go to huge lengths to make excuses for Stendel. It's mad.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

When did the Neilson Out lot ever care about winning streaks? He put together multiple good winning streaks in his first spell and even longer unbeaten streaks. They still called him "phoodle" and flew planes over Tynecastle.

As ever, your responses are irrelevant to the point I made. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Your points are far more

.  worthy of debate when compared to the "he's staying, deal with it" or "he won the Champ, isn't that enough ?"  brigade on here.

Anyways, I'm off to watch the snooker 👍

How’s Ray Reardon doing this year? 😀

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A lower risk than, for example Alex Neil (or laughably Calum Davidson is now being mentioned after what half a season), IMO. The beef I have with the Robbie Oot lot is they refuse to give him credit for anything. We had the worst result ever under him at Brora. We also very nearly had one of our best ever results against Celtic in the cup final. That would have been up there as possibly our greatest cup win given how dominant Celtic have been in the cups and that we were in the championship at an all-time low during a pandemic.

So there are positives. It was the same under Craig Levein. Folk refused to give him any credit for anything, and seemed to deliberately forget the good things or give someone else the credit or make out like he got lucky. And at the same time, people go to huge lengths to make excuses for Stendel. It's mad.

Suspect it would have been our greatest ever cup win. Not because we beat a dominant Celtic in the final but because we would have won the cup after beating Rangers, Hibs and Celtic on the way. One swallow though. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How’s Ray Reardon doing this year? 😀

If he's still alive he could prob give Wilson or Robertson a game , based on the last 5 frames today,. It was terrible stuff. 😄

Guest ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He definitely knows,that’s why he’s doing all these interviews saying how he’s planning and looking forward to next season.Must be planning a holiday and looking forward to what his replacement can do.

Isn't one thing we all agree on that Robbie is shit at PR and hates dealing with the media? He's always criticised on here for saying the wrong thing in the press or using the wrong word or having the wrong tone of voice or maybe one eyebrow twitched slightly and triggered people on here.

Now though apparently he's a genius spin doctor, coming out with a campaign of well planned and crafted messages to make him look good that Alastair Campbell would be proud of. Boris Johnson should hire him.

22 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Does anyone on here actually use the term 'Phoodle'?

I thought those that use that term don't use JKB?

I don't understand it, like the 'H' usually denotes some sort of Celticy connection, but Neilson hasn't ever played for them so I'm a bit confused by it. 

Poodle is lapdog, so presumably thats the reference but the H remains a mystery. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Suspect it would have been our greatest ever cup win. Not because we beat a dominant Celtic in the final but because we would have won the cup after beating Rangers, Hibs and Celtic on the way. One swallow though. 

One swallow was enough for Sergio to be remembered as a great Hearts manager (rightly). He was mostly shit in the league that season as well though considering the team we had and the fact we'd finished 3rd the previous two seasons. I suspect even if we'd have won that game it wouldn't have been rough for some. It would have been all "lucky Neilson" or "weak Celtic"..

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

One swallow was enough for Sergio to be remembered as a great Hearts manager (rightly). He was mostly shit in the league that season as well though considering the team we had and the fact we'd finished 3rd the previous two seasons. I suspect even if we'd have won that game it wouldn't have been rough for some. It would have been all "lucky Neilson" or "weak Celtic"..

Paulo was very likeable, and unlike Levein and Neilson wasn't full of shit excuses when it didn’t go his way. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

After the cup final the team went into a decline that he couldn't halt & culminated in Brora. Instead of bitching about people on here , concentrate on that fact.  Crisis meeting with senior players to sort out the issues ?  Players apologizing in the media  for weeks afterwards ?  But naturally you prefer to ignore those serious issues and whine about fans expressing those concerns because they aren't comfortable facts for you. This thread isn't about fans (not ) giving Neilson credit - maybe you could start your own thread for that. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't understand it, like the 'H' usually denotes some sort of Celticy connection, but Neilson hasn't ever played for them so I'm a bit confused by it. 

Poodle is lapdog, so presumably thats the reference but the H remains a mystery. 

My theory has always been that when Rangers went bust and were in League 2 or whatever, a bunch of kids who would otherwise have chosen Rangers for the glory-hunting instead chose Hearts as a better alternative to watching a team in League Two. Now these folk are a bit older and have discovered what following Hearts is really like - rarely doing anything very good - and they're taking it out on Hearts. I don't know what other reason there is for the sudden appearance of younger fans acting like entitled Rangers fans in terms of their expectations, including the resurgence of some ugly sectarian stuff.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Paulo was very likeable, and unlike Levein and Neilson wasn't full of shit excuses when it didn’t go his way. 

100%

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

After the cup final the team went into a decline that he couldn't halt & culminated in Brora. Instead of bitching about people on here , concentrate on that fact.  Crisis meeting with senior players to sort out the issues ?  Players apologizing in the media  for weeks afterwards ?  But naturally you prefer to ignore those serious issues and whine about fans expressing those concerns because they aren't comfortable facts for you. This thread isn't about fans (not ) giving Neilson credit - maybe you could start your own thread for that. 

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm saying there's good and bad.

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hadn’t happened as of yesterday. Jury is still out. 

There has been enquires by non board members 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes I get it's personal with some where Neilson is concerned.

kingantti1874

It’s really as simple as this. Neilson isn’t a good manager, he is tactically naive, he’s  a poor judge of a player, stubborn, predictable and clearly a poor motivator. To make it worse he’s has  no charisma off the pitch to make up for any of these failings. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s really as simple as this. Neilson isn’t a good manager, he is tactically naive, he’s  a poor judge of a player, stubborn, predictable and clearly a poor motivator. To make it worse he’s has  no charisma off the pitch to make up for any of these failings. 

In your opinion of course. He was good the first time with us. Could he have just had a bad season? We were certainly motivated at the start of the season. My take is he's a very solid to good league manager with the potential to get better because he's young. His record in the cups with us though (Hibs and Celtic aside this season) is very poor, way below average for a Hearts manager with 3-4 seasons under his belt with us. Needs to improve there, starting with next season's LC.

Edited by ToqueJambo

That’s certainly one way of looking at the cup final. Another way would be to see a Celtic team which was very vulnerable after numerous poor results, their 10 in a row in tatters, their manager’s job hanging by a thread and their defence terrified of every set piece they faced for weeks previous to the game. If you look at it like that and as a one of game, at a neutral venue and no fans in attendance; then Neilson’s anaemic, cowardly first half tactics left us with a mountain to climb. Only when the game was lost did we go forward and that is the mark of a coward.

I’ve watched countless similar performances previously and will no doubt again. Hearts or Scotland teams getting credit for a spirited come back after being so timid to start with that the game’s all but finished before we grew a pair of balls. it’s then hard to really know for certain whether we had been as good as we thought, or had Celtic taken their eye off the balls as we had been so ridiculously timid. 

The beef I have with the Robbie Oot lot is they refuse to give him credit for anything. We had the worst result ever under him at Brora. We also very nearly had one of our best ever results against Celtic in the cup final.

Let's start with giving him credit for what exactly??????

Then let's move onto "nearly.....He sh@t it the first 45 minutes in the final.....That's why there wasn't maroon and white ribbons on the cup.....Nearly wins you nothing.

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

The rampant bigots discovered he was a Celtic fan as a kid. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Paris 84 said:

That’s certainly one way of looking at the cup final. Another way would be to see a Celtic team which was very vulnerable after numerous poor results, their 10 in a row in tatters, their manager’s job hanging by a thread and their defence terrified of every set piece they faced for weeks previous to the game. If you look at it like that and as a one of game, at a neutral venue and no fans in attendance; then Neilson’s anaemic, cowardly first half tactics left us with a mountain to climb. Only when the game was lost did we go forward and that is the mark of a coward.

I’ve watched countless similar performances previously and will no doubt again. Hearts or Scotland teams getting credit for a spirited come back after being so timid to start with that the game’s all but finished before we grew a pair of balls. it’s then hard to really know for certain whether we had been as good as we thought, or had Celtic taken their eye off the balls as we had been so ridiculously timid. 

Yes, as I say some folk wouldn't have given Neilson credit had we won it. A joke.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Typically though that has never bothered Hearts fans, even the more rabid ones. We've had many ex-Celts who are amongst some of our most popular ever players. I'm convinced we've got some genuine "would have been Rangers fans if they hadn't imploded" (not just the usual ones without the bus fares we've always had a few of) people following us now unfortunately. They certainly act like Rangers fans. We don't have a rivalry with Celtic. We have a rivalry with Hibs. Who cares what club in Glasgow one of our players supported?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

The beef I have with the Robbie Oot lot is they refuse to give him credit for anything. We had the worst result ever under him at Brora. We also very nearly had one of our best ever results against Celtic in the cup final.

Then let's move onto "nearly.....He sh@t it the first 45 minutes in the final.....That's why there wasn't maroon and white ribbons on the cup.....Nearly wins you nothing.

Thanks for reinforcing my point for me.

Yes, as I say some folk wouldn't have given Neilson credit had we won it. A joke.

And then there are others who seem to just want to be contrarian. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

And then there are others who seem to just want to be contrarian. 

It's not contrarian to think that this season's final vs Celtic would have been up there as possibly our greatest ever cup win.

Edited by ToqueJambo

11 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Apart from 2 Championship apparently 

Edited by ramrod

17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Ahhh, that makes sense. It was annoying me because I just wasn't getting it :D 

Don't like that though, guy gave us years of his career and did well enough in his first round with us. 

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

only hes rangers fan. 😂

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Ahhh, that makes sense. It was annoying me because I just wasn't getting it :D 

Don't like that though, guy gave us years of his career and did well enough in his first round with us. 

Wonder what these eejits think of the likes of John Colquhoun and Paul Hartley. I suspect they don't think though.

kingantti1874
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

So why the "H"?

I guess association with Levein.

Neilson regularly watched St Mirren as a kid growing up in paisley. There has always been some debate as to whether his team are St Mirren or Rangers, it certainly isn’t Celtic.

as I’ve said the pressure will just continue to grow until he goes. 

Mars plastic
40 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The hacks loved him tae. 

• davemclaren locked this topic