Vaccine passport to get into football and elsewhere...

williamgerrard

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

The trials were the same as any other vaccine or new medicine has to go through. It was done so much quicker because of the amount of money thrown at it. No waiting for funding, no waiting for the number of volunteers for testing, all the administrative side was fast tracked but none of the safety measures were skimmed on.

How much money did it take to do a 10 year clinical trial in six months?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ex member of the SaS

• Bazzas right boot

• williamgerrard

• NANOJAMBO

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes indeed. And by the time we got to autumn and winter that summer of lesser restrictions over confidence and downright arrogance, indulgence and incompetence was killing 700 and more a day. That wouldn’t have happened if we had a vaccine then. We didn’t and the virus ravaged through the population again.

No, you'll find it's more a seasonal virus, the stats prove this. Apparently there have been no FLU cases in the whole of Britain, you do the math.

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Woah. People will be rushing for the vaccine when they realise it IMPROVES your looks. :lol: 

I have to say that wearing a mask has certainly improved my appearance!    😷

3 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Thank you. Don't know how you come to this conclusion but you are welcome to have this opinion. 

I've been anti Vax for a long time and will remain so. I take full responsibility to what then occurs, you on the other hand putting your health in the hands of others means you fail to take full responsibility for it but gives you a target to blame when/ if you become ill. Good one Jimmy I see where you  are coming from. 

I’ve put my health in the hands of highly trained dedicated  and learned scientists, doctors, nurses. Experts in the field. Who’s looking after your health and your family and your elders. Some conspiracy theorist on Facebook ?

Ive been vaccinated. I keep to the rules. Yes I may still get it through a series of bad fate, but I’ll not be blaming anyone. It’s no ones fault if I catch it, unless I’ve done something silly. In fact I could do something utterly stupid and risky but it still wouldn’t be as stupid and risky as refusing a vaccination on mysterious grounds only known to yourself.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

No, you'll find it's more a seasonal virus, the stats prove this. Apparently there have been no FLU cases in the whole of Britain, you do the math.

If folk are in lockdown/ shielding, not mixing and rarely going outside, do you not think cases of the flu would be really, really low. 

I'd be suprised if they were 0, but not suprised to see the numbers ridiculously low v previous years. 

Also, if a covid test is negative, you've Likley had a test, as you had cold or flu like symptoms, even mild ones. It wouldn't have been confirmed as the flu or cold tho, just not covid. 

There is also a flu vaccine, so between the vaccine and Lockdown, in theory you could have no cases of serious flu at all and it wouldn't be the biggest surprise to me at all, although I don't think they would be 0.

Edited by Smith's right boot

luckyBatistuta
33 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That's when all will be revealed.

0831_they-live-1-1000x563.jpg

theylive.jpg

:rofl:Not far from the truth there. These are the same folks who will be shouting the loudest about why we are, or might be in another lockdown. I know someone who thinks it’s a hoax just because he says he doesn’t know anyone who’s had it🤪

Jamstomorrow
7 minutes ago, Chong said:

How much money did it take to do a 10 year clinical trial in six months?

I don't suppose it came cheap, but I bet it proves money well spent if it controls this virus to a degree that allows people to get back to some form of normality again.

7 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

And yet here we are in springtime with 18-22 degrees average across mainland Europe and it’s ripping through them. Why is that do you think. Why are our numbers going significantly down and theirs are going significantly up? Don’t take too long to think about it. The answer is bleeding obvious.

2 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Nothing to do with it what so ever. 

Your health or anybody's has nothing to do with me,your responsible for it, full stop. If you want to take a vaccine then go ahead. 

You have a very arrogant and narrow understanding of society and your role within it. None of us live in a bubble. Everything we do impacts on others. 

If you have the chance to do something that can help to protect the health of your family, your friends, your neighbours, in fact anyone that you come into contact with including the people you sit next to at Tynecastle, but you deliberately chose not to do so, then you are being extremely selfish. So, you reject the vaccination and you then catch Covid 19, who do you think contributes to paying for your treatment on the NHS through tax, an expense that most likely could have been spent for example on cancer treatment?

12 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I don't suppose it came cheap, but I bet it proves money well spent if it controls this virus to a degree that allows people to get back to some form of normality again.

Doesn't come cheap? Its impossible.

You can't tell long term effects until you've done the long term regardless of your finances. 

15 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Please provide evidence of your “no flu cases” as it’s contrary to the statistics I’ve seen. 

Take a look at the ONS weekly death  bulletins (England and Wales). It restricts the number of pages you can view in quick succession so; I chose 5 randomly from Jan-March.
Remains a significant number of flu deaths in every bulletin I viewed (several thousand).

And increase of total deaths ranged from a 15% to a 45% increase of the 5 year average. 

7 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Sorry but this is wrong. Vaccines do NOT stop you catching any disease and only reduce the impact any virus has.

They don't stop you passing it on ether 

Just now, saki jambo said:

They don't stop you passing it on ether 

That's not accurate. Whilst not sterilising vaccines, the vaccines are having a measurable effect on transmission, with a 4-fold reduction in viral load for vaccinated people who do catch it and data is starting to show that the vaccinated population are much less likely to transmit the virus:

Marc Lipsitch and Rebecca Kahn, both of whom are epidemiologists at the Harvard School of Public Health, in a preprint study estimated from the same data that "one dose of vaccine reduces the potential for transmission by at least 61%, possibly considerably more."

https://www.advisory.com/en/daily-briefing/2021/03/04/vaccine-transmission

“It is very encouraging to see that SARS-CoV-2 reinfections are quite rare. We also welcome the positive early indications that the risk of onward transmission seems to be reduced in those who are vaccinated. Although the effect of new variants of concern on transmission patterns needs to be closely monitored, we still expect that the total number of infections will significantly decrease as vaccination coverage increases” said Andrea Ammon, ECDC Director.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-events/ecdc-report-examines-sars-cov-2-transmission-risk-vaccinated-previously-infected-individuals#:~:text=Evidence of the impact of,members by at least 30%.

Jamstomorrow
15 minutes ago, Chong said:

Doesn't come cheap? Its impossible.

You can't tell long term effects until you've done the long term regardless of your finances. 

So why ask your question in the first place?

I love it when the OP starts a thread. Always goes well. :lol:

Personally, I'd rather not get the vaccine purely because I tend not to bother with anything like that. I'm young enough and healthy enough (somehow) to let my body build some immunity to these things, but then again, I will get this so as not to miss out on the pub and football if it comes to that.

Some folk in this thread are utterly mental though. Didn't take long for it to spiral into a conspiracy thread. I wonder how these people make it through the day sometimes.

Why would the government want to track you? I've yet to meet anyone who believes that shite, to actually be remotely interesting. I'm rather boring too. If the government want to track me sitting on my couch watching TV, then bash on. I couldn't care less. We live in one of the most watched countries in the world, in terms of CCTV, and we all have devices such as mobile phones and laptops, which are 'tracked' 24/7. In this modern world, you're tracked already a lot more than you think. It makes **** all difference to my life though.

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Just as well, eh?

Definitely, thankfully most folk aren't stupid / selfish and will do their bit to help us come  out of this pandemic. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

I love it when the OP starts a thread. Always goes well. :lol:

Personally, I'd rather not get the vaccine purely because I tend not to bother with anything like that. I'm young enough and healthy enough (somehow) to let my body build some immunity to these things, but then again, I will get this so as not to miss out on the pub and football if it comes to that.

Some folk in this thread are utterly mental though. Didn't take long for it to spiral into a conspiracy thread. I wonder how these people make it through the day sometimes.

Why would the government want to track you? I've yet to meet anyone who believes that shite, to actually be remotely interesting. I'm rather boring too. If the government want to track me sitting on my couch watching TV, then bash on. I couldn't care less. We live in one of the most watched countries in the world, in terms of CCTV, and we all have devices such as mobile phones and laptops, which are 'tracked' 24/7. In this modern world, you're tracked already a lot more than you think. It makes **** all difference to my life though.

Was thinking the same, I imagine some poor ******* watching all the boring shite going on. 😂

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Was thinking the same, I imagine some poor ******* watching all the boring shite going on. 😂

I work for the Civil Service. I'll let you all know when our internal job site is advertising full time people watchers. :lol: 

Felix Lighter
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

What like a drivers licence or passport? 

I'd have no problem identifying myself to the police if asked with or without an I'd card. 

Nothing to hide. 

What about the saucy video of you and Ann Budge?<_<

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

BCA5C6BC-D760-4C26-B810-4E8B1DA09560.png

Energy drinks, that's the new thing. 

Absolute gut rot and young folk guzzle it by the gallon. 

Obesity, diabetes nevermind  to mention some of these are loaded with caffeine as well. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

What about the saucy video of you and Ann Budge?<_<

As I say... Nothing to hide 😜

Felix Lighter
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

As I say... Nothing to hide 😜

I'm glad you impressed her.:thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Felix Lighter said:

I'm glad you impressed her.:thumbsup:

I do try. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:rofl:Not far from the truth there. These are the same folks who will be shouting the loudest about why we are, or might be in another lockdown. I know someone who thinks it’s a hoax just because he says he doesn’t know anyone who’s had it🤪

There’s certainly some fruit loops out there who thinks it’s a hoax.

You definitely cannot force anyone to get a vaccine however if they choose not to get one their ability to do things may be curtailed. That is what has happened in Israel.  It seems perfectly reasonable and as long as it happens after everyone has been given the chance that's the main thing. 

Back of the Bus
21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

There’s certainly some fruit loops out there who thinks it’s a hoax.

My pal is a radiologist in the NHS who is tasked with scanning the chests of acute Covid patients. I'd like the scamdemic merchants to try explain what is causing folks lungs to turn to liquid shit if it isn't a virus.

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Please provide evidence of your “no flu cases” as it’s contrary to the statistics I’ve seen. 

Take a look at the ONS weekly death  bulletins (England and Wales). It restricts the number of pages you can view in quick succession so; I chose 5 randomly from Jan-March.
Remains a significant number of flu deaths in every bulletin I viewed (several thousand).

And increase of total deaths ranged from a 15% to a 45% increase of the 5 year average. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/flu-cases-covid-england-phe-latest-b1805124.html

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

And yet here we are in springtime with 18-22 degrees average across mainland Europe and it’s ripping through them. Why is that do you think. Why are our numbers going significantly down and theirs are going significantly up? Don’t take too long to think about it. The answer is bleeding obvious.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/foi-202100150675/

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Seasonal mate 👍 https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

My pal is a radiologist in the NHS who is tasked with scanning the chests of acute Covid patients. I'd like the scamdemic merchants to try explain what is causing folks lungs to turn to liquid shit if it isn't a virus.

Your pal must see some pretty grim stuff.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Your pal must see some pretty grim stuff.

Was speaking to a girl recently who had been in hospital. She was quite young and worked in a care home. She was saying it was like having a chest full of glass abd every single time she took a breath, it would be like the glass was moving back and forward. That sounds horrendously painful. 

Cut The Crap
5 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Taking COVID and vaccination out of the equation, would you have any issue if the government made ID cards mandatory? Having to carry them with you and produce them when asked to when stopped by the police for no reason, because that is the next step.

No issue at all. Had to carry one when I lived in Germany for five years and it didn’t bother me at all. I also have to say that I’ve never been stopped by the police for no reason and if I was seriously worried about my privacy, the first things I would do would be to throw away my phone and stop using the internet.

3 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

No issue at all. Had to carry one when I lived in Germany for five years and it didn’t bother me at all. I also have to say that I’ve never been stopped by the police for no reason and if I was seriously worried about my privacy, the first things I would do would be to throw away my phone and stop using the internet.

We don’t need ID cards as a tracking device  or to ‘spy’ on you. As you said your smart phone tracks you all over the world to within 100 metres. You can barely buy anything without them knowing where you were sitting or standing when you bought it. You show an interest in something online and you get bombarded for a year with sales stuff for the same thing. On average annual mileage you drive through an ANPR 60 times a month. They know what you watch on telly. They know how your likely to vote. They know every website you’ve ever clicked on. And don’t even think about using monitored keywords in the so called privacy of your own home or they’ll eventually come crashing through your door pointing a Heckler & Koch in your face. 

Cut The Crap
16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We don’t need ID cards as a tracking device  or to ‘spy’ on you. As you said your smart phone tracks you all over the world to within 100 metres. You can barely buy anything without them knowing where you were sitting or standing when you bought it. You show an interest in something online and you get bombarded for a year with sales stuff for the same thing. On average annual mileage you drive through an ANPR 60 times a month. They know what you watch on telly. They know how your likely to vote. They know every website you’ve ever clicked on. And don’t even think about using monitored keywords in the so called privacy of your own home or they’ll eventually come crashing through your door pointing a Heckler & Koch in your face

And there I’d be with not even an official ID card to verify who I was... 😎

Doctor FinnBarr
58 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Was that the wee green thing with a passport pic inside, work permit although the German name escapes me now. I had one in the then West Germany in the late 80s, you might be talking about a unified Germany though.

jambostuart

May have already been answered and apologies if so, but as a healthy 31 year old I'll no get my first jab til June/July and not sure when I get the second jab. Given pubs are letting folk indoors from May onwards would this mean I need to wait simply because my jab hasn't been schecduled yet? 

That doesn't seem fair to the young folk in the slightest who (arguably and in my opinion) have had to make the biggest sacrifices already during this pandemic

Cut The Crap
12 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Was that the wee green thing with a passport pic inside, work permit although the German name escapes me now. I had one in the then West Germany in the late 80s, you might be talking about a unified Germany though.

Similar vintage to me! It was an Aufenthaltserlaubnis, which translates as residency permit. Work permit was a separate document.

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

May have already been answered and apologies if so, but as a healthy 31 year old I'll no get my first jab til June/July and not sure when I get the second jab. Given pubs are letting folk indoors from May onwards would this mean I need to wait simply because my jab hasn't been schecduled yet? 

That doesn't seem fair to the young folk in the slightest who (arguably and in my opinion) have had to make the biggest sacrifices already during this pandemic

Not wanting to argue mate but what sacrifices have young folk made to make them the "biggest sacrifices"?

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Similar vintage to me! It was an Aufenthaltserlaubnis, which translates as residency permit. Work permit was a separate document.

Aye, fair enough cause I think when I went over you could work for 4 weeks without a work permit then you had to get it. Agency handled all the paperwork stuff for us, we only had to sign bits of paper and supply a pic.

Cut The Crap
2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Aye, fair enough cause I think when I went over you could work for 4 weeks without a work permit then you had to get it. Agency handled all the paperwork stuff for us, we only had to sign bits of paper and supply a pic.

The green Aufenthaltserlaubnis was the foreigners’ version of the Personalausweis, which all German nationals had to carry. 👍

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

The green Aufenthaltserlaubnis was the foreigners’ version of the Personalausweis, which all German nationals had to carry. 👍

Right, that might explain why I had to show my card when I booked into a Munich hotel as Glasgow Hearts had booked me as having a German address.

jambostuart
5 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Not wanting to argue mate but what sacrifices have young folk made to make them the "biggest sacrifices"?

Again, it's just my opinion and personal experience but people like my granny are fine. Got a wee bubble, still see their neighbours, retired so she's no needing to worry about furlough/losing her job. 

Younger folk have had their social life stripped from them, their professional life in disarray and now insecure. I'm not saying this doesn't apply to the elderly but I would say primarily it affects younger folk. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, jambostuart said:

Again, it's just my opinion and personal experience but people like my granny are fine. Got a wee bubble, still see their neighbours, retired so she's no needing to worry about furlough/losing her job. 

Younger folk have had their social life stripped from them, their professional life in disarray and now insecure. I'm not saying this doesn't apply to the elderly but I would say primarily it affects younger folk. 

Everyone has had their social life stripped equally.

Geoff Kilpatrick

@williamgerrard We've eliminated Covid out here without a vaccine but restrictions still apply in case it escapes from hotel quarantine from returned travellers.

To go to an event, a restaurant or even your office we are asked to record our details via QR codes so that if an outbreak occurs then people can be contact traced. Would you do that or are you too scared of the government?

25 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Everyone has had their social life stripped equally.

Young folk are the most at risk of being left in poverty or without a job after COVID is finished. That is a fact. The 18-35 year old bracket could be facing some truly horrific unemployment figures. 

Aii everyone has been affected but IMO the younger generation are going to find it more difficult to recover from this than the generation before.