**Mafia - The Ankh-Morpork Chronicles

The Hogfather

12 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

He wouldn’t have known that.

Townies were told “town” and not there name.

11 hours ago, Dunks said:

This is like Smack all over again from the last game.

You need to re-read your PM or you are clearly not a townie. I know both by character and role.

Vote Vlad Magic

I posted the above deliberately after the same thing happened the game previous. I new my name and my role.

Wanted to see who would pick up on it. Could be nothing. Could be a goon looking to start a lynch.

My goon list 3 from

Dunks

Milky

Bunny

Rudi 

Sheldon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yvonnejambo

• Tenaciousdandy

• Riddley Walker

• The Hogfather

19 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Boof would have used bs

ah cheers, ive really not been following any of the game

yvonnejambo
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

ah cheers, ive really not been following any of the game

Just the goon chat? 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
41 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

If the assassin was trying to win for themselves taking out Shapes would class as a roled player? 

I'm a little bit confused as to what happened with the Spotter's investigations on the back of the sanction issued against the town.  Shapes referred to the fact that she had info on other players other than Vlad and GOFS but didn't want to make it easier for the goons which seems fair enough.

If Shapes had used up all of her investigations then she may not have counted as roled any more?  Haven't checked page one so not sure if that has been specified but I think that has happened in a game previously.  The assassin may not have considered that though.

25 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

If the masons give us a trust list that would mean they need to out themselves. As they won’t be getting anymore investigations they are now just townies who know each other, so would be beneficial to narrow the goon list down. 
however the downside the goons will then know who the townies are and would make it easier for them to pick the turncoat. 

So not sure if trust list is a good idea yet. Maybe just continue with goon lists? 

Agree with this though. Why make it easier for the goons by having the masons out themselves?  At this stage I would suggest a mason only needs to do that if they're close to being lynched during the day.  They need to keep their cards close for now.

Peakybunnet

Suspect the assassin thought he would get another bullet by killing shapes? She had done all her spotting I think and was expendable. 

Players I trust are 

Seats

VLAD

Rudi

Sean

With me that's 5 good players. 

If the Masons join in we could have a gang of 8 good players. 

yvonnejambo
11 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Suspect the assassin thought he would get another bullet by killing shapes? She had done all her spotting I think and was expendable. 

Players I trust are 

Seats

VLAD

Rudi

Sean

Can’t believe you were assassin again 😆 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

I never said I was 🤣

There's no other way you'd be able to trust Rudi and Sean?  Unless it's the boldest of bold goon plays but that would backfire if the real assassin was to out themselves in that scenario.

yvonnejambo

It’s actually a clever move as the assassin is a townie now and at least we have some info on who is good without the goons knowing if they are roled or not. 

Peakybunnet
5 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Then explain your trust list. 

You can only hint at your role or risk being modkilled 

Riddley Walker
3 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

You can only hint at your role or risk being modkilled 

Yeah but you can still reveal your role without outright saying the words. 

yvonnejambo
3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I think he has, why you wanting him to get modkilled? 

Riddley Walker

Anyway, most important thing is not to narrow down the pool for the goons to try and hit the turncoat. 

Given the masons almost certainly only know Seats as investigated I don't see how it would benefit the town to reveal them. 

Riddley Walker
5 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

1 minute ago, yvonnejambo said:

I think he has, why you wanting him to get modkilled? 

Not quite sure why you'd jump to that conclusion. 

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

Personally I didn’t think it would be too hard to refer back to the opening post if there was any confusion, but ok. 

Don't pander to their literary ignorance, Nunya :lol:

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

I posted the above deliberately after the same thing happened the game previous. I new my name and my role.

Wanted to see who would pick up on it. Could be nothing. Could be a goon looking to start a lynch.

My goon list 3 from

Dunks

Milky

Bunny

Rudi 

Sheldon

Hold on. So you post that you don't know your character, only that you're a townie as that is all your PM said. I then call you out on that, because the townie PMs did include your character. The only way I could possibly know that is by having one myself. Hence my vote for you.

Now you claim you done it purpose to see if anyone would pick you up, despite the fact only townies would be in a position to do so.

You then add at least one townie to your goon list.

Whatever you are, you are not a townie. 

Based on the fact he probably has the lowest post count

Vote Stuart

Getting close to goon list time - will try and get one up before the game and my case of Double IPA :D

Bunny Munro

Morning all,

Having a read back agree that Stuart is too quiet, so might be something there. 

I'm not sure where milky is getting the heat from but happy to be lead on that one.

Also surprised I'm on a few goon lists, not really sure what I've done to arouse suspicion.

21 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Hold on. So you post that you don't know your character, only that you're a townie as that is all your PM said. I then call you out on that, because the townie PMs did include your character. The only way I could possibly know that is by having one myself. Hence my vote for you.

Now you claim you done it purpose to see if anyone would pick you up, despite the fact only townies would be in a position to do so.

You then add at least one townie to your goon list.

Whatever you are, you are not a townie. 

I believe everyone was given a player name a role over PM.

28 minutes ago, Wee jambo said:

Milky a bit sus to me

why do you say that? 

who is guiding you towards me?

1 minute ago, Wee jambo said:

My Brain is 

no way does  a new player come in and play like this without being guided by an experienced player

I see both Riddley and Bunny highlighting Stuart's non-posting, but not voting him. Could be goons steering the lynch?

1 hour ago, yvonnejambo said:

My goon list remains the same 

Bunny

Stuart

Milky 

That is exactly mine too. Potentially swapping bunny for dunks,but more likely bunny 🤔

Stuart McNeill
43 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

@Stuart McNeill has been very, very quiet. 

Just been busy working today. 

First day after after 4 days off 😔

Yay to be back. 

I'll see what I can Contribute around 12 when on my break 

yvonnejambo
9 minutes ago, Seats said:

That is exactly mine too. Potentially swapping bunny for dunks,but more likely bunny 🤔

Dunks

Riddley

Dandy

Sheldon 

are on my reserve goon list 😆

2 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Dunks

Riddley

Dandy

Sheldon 

are on my reserve goon list 😆

Riddley was very quickly in following shapes voting gofs. I'm struggling to understand why, but kinda erring towards trusting.

Edited by Seats

11 minutes ago, Seats said:

Initial thought was riddley was assassin and knew gofs was a goon. But why vote her then take her out?

Or goon voting a doomed goon to hide?

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Or goon voting a doomed goon to hide?

Nah, it was too quick. Might have been coincidence. Interesting to hear from the man himself.

yvonnejambo
2 minutes ago, Seats said:

Nah, it was too quick. Might have been coincidence. Interesting to hear from the man himself.

So if Riddley is assassin then Peaky is lying.

yvonnejambo

I’m going to put a vote on just now as need to go out, will be back on later but just something saying to

Vote Bunny 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'm not sure why at this point you would think anyone other than Peaky is the assassin.  Nobody has called him out as lying.

On that note, Peaky says he trusts Rudi and Sean.  The goons if they are clever would choose one of those two to kill during the night on the assumption the town won't kill them and hope one of them is the turncoat.  To try and counter that, is it worth lynching one and the doc protects the other?  Obviously if the one we lynch ends up being the turncoat then the doc can save whoever they please.

One argument against that is that the person we choose to lynch may be the doctor.  In that situation, they can out themselves as the doctor and that poses a dilemma for the goons. We lynch the other "known" person, the doc saves themselves and the goons don't find the turncoat at night.  Scores one person off a potential goon list but do the goons kill the doctor the next night or do they continue trying to find the turncoat?

I'm just trying to think how we can swing this in our favour when there are still three goons to find with the potential of a fourth.

Stuart McNeill
2 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Players I trust are 

Seats

VLAD

Rudi

Sean

Why reveal this info this early? 

I'm just curious because doesnt this give the goons a chance to be able to start elimating your trust list while potentially hitting the turncoat causing more issues? 

Stuart McNeill
3 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Is peaky the assassin and that's how he can trust Sean and rudi?

I thought he could be a mason trying to blend in and give the goons the bluff. Hitting masons is probably better than hitting townies now. 

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I thought he could be a mason trying to blend in and give the goons the bluff. Hitting masons is probably better than hitting townies now. 

Its peaky so feck knows lol I find him one of the hardest players to read in the game lol 

54 minutes ago, Wee jambo said:

I’m not getting help you might be getting help from goons tho

Ever since I said that milky has been quiet so he could be a goon

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
6 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Why would we start to lynch the trust list :rofl:

It was merely a suggestion to try and counter what the goons may try and do.

You were launching a crusade against Vlad despite the fact he was on a trust list?

3 minutes ago, Wee jambo said:

Ever since I said that milky has been quiet so he could be a goon

Think you have called that one right 👍