**Mafia - The Ankh-Morpork Chronicles

The Hogfather

The Hogfather

In the twin cities of Ankh and Morpork lies a secret society which has had enough of the depravity, the over priced sausages in a bun and, most importantly, the Unseen University. For far too long the wizards have caused nothing but trouble. With their constant trips to the Dungeon Dimensions and vice versa, it was time for some order to be brought to the Discworld. But will they be successful in finally ridding the Disc of these troublesome sorcerers?

Masons:

Arch Chancellor Mustrum Ridcully - The head of Unseen University. He has been known to display the odd piece of magical skill, but not as much as say...someone who can do a card trick where you know he's cheating.

The Bursar - The quiet and unreserved treasurer of UU. Requires copious amounts of dried frog pills to function on a minute-by-minute basis.

The Librarian - Don't ever call him a monkey. Because he's not a monkey, he's an ape. At least he has been ever since a magical mishap turned him into an orang-utang. But he's happy with it.

Cop:

Samuel Vimes - The Commander of The Night Watch, albeit grudgingly. Has a terrible habit of getting himself promoted when he least expects it. He can investigate one player every night and the results of his investigation are passed to the Masons.

Doc:

Rincewind - A wizard who has been described as "the magical equivalent to the number 0". He is the "chosen one" of the lady and, as such, he can choose one player every night to bump into and they hall be safe from any untoward action by the evil-doers in the game.

Assassin:

Death - Well who else could it have been? He has three kills he can use throughout any point in the game (daytime only) and if he manages to hit three roled players, he'll be awarded an extra daytime kill.

Spotter:

The Death of Rats - The Grim Squeaker. He can also investigate three players throughout the game and the results of this investigations are passed over to Death. If he also picks three roled players, he gets an additional investigation. He is unknown to the Assassin.

Goons:

The Auditors of Reality - A collection of celestial bureaucrats who're simply fed up of the amount of paperwork being created by the Wizards.

Hooker:

Cut Me Own Throat Dibbler - The Discs most unsuccessful entrepreneur, he can choose someone to sell one of his famous 'pies with personality'. If he chooses someone with a night action, that action is blocked by way of the player being violently sick. This works if he chooses the goon who nominates the night kill.

Townies:

The Luggage.

Lady Sybil Vimes.

Gaspode The Wonder Dog.

Foul Ole Ron.

Willikins.

Wee Mad Arthur - If WMA is lynched, he will go mental and kill the players directly above and below him.

Leonard of Quirm.

Bloody Stupid Johnson.

One of the townies will join the goons if chosen as their night kill. This player will be unknown to everyone, including themselves.

Rules - you can bluff about your role or say your a townie, but anyone who comes right out and says there role will be modkilled , no game chat during the night, can say the usually yes etc repetitive misbehaviour will result in punishments to that player, dead players must not interfere in the game can post during the night or non game related game with the usual wooo any dead players interfering will result in punishments to the dead players team and awards being giving to the opposite team in the form of anytime investigations or kills.

I'll decide on mod kills on a case by case basis.

votes and unvotes must be bold and any edited posts with votes will not be counted, any votes after night is called will not be counted, if there is a lynch before deadline please adhere to normal night rules.

PMs shortly.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yvonnejambo

• Tenaciousdandy

• Riddley Walker

• The Hogfather

Oooh this looks a good set up! No idea what it's about but looks good.

If I was the cop I'd use BS so that I could investigate Sheldon. But I cannot.

vote prince 

Tenaciousdandy

Looks a cracking set up nunya, I had to Google anhk and morpork, not read a pratchett book I'm years lol

The Hogfather

That should be all the PMs out now. Hopefully this encourages everyone to read a Pratchett book, they're fantastically funny.

First deadline will be 8pm tomorrow night.

The Hogfather

Player list:

1. Stuart McNeill.

2. Yvonne.

3. Vlad.

4. Sean.

5.AndyNic.

6. Boof.

7. Seats.

8. Bunny.

9. milky.

10. Riddly.

11. Rudi.

12. Peaky.

13. GOFS.

14. Prince.

15. Shapes.

16. Sheldon.

17. Ian.

18. Dandy.

19. Dunks.

20. Wee Jambo.

Stuart McNeill

So masons and cops are separated. 

Assassin doesn't know who the spotter is. Assassin can only shot at daytime as well - that's interesting for sure. 

Can we get a players list please? 

Player list?

Would use BS, but I can't. Or can I? Hmmmm - is it worth it, goons?

Vote wee jambo 

...well, someone has to do it first :D

Stuart McNeill
1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

Player list:

1. Stuart McNeill.

2. Yvonne.

3. Vlad.

4. Sean.

5.AndyNic.

6. Boof.

7. Seats.

8. Bunny.

9. milky.

10. Riddly.

11. Rudi.

12. Peaky.

13. GOFS.

14. Prince.

15. Shapes.

16. Sheldon.

17. Ian.

18. Dandy.

19. Dunks.

20. Wee Jambo.

Thanks. 

I wouldn't use BS, id investigate wee jambo. But it doesn't matter. I'm not cop. 

So ill vote him

Vote wee jambo

Stuart McNeill
Just now, Boof said:

Player list?

Vote wee jambo 

Just beaten me. 

Unvote wee jambo

Vote boof 

YAS, love this set-up Nunya! 

I can't use BS so no point saying I'd use it. I'm not in a team and I can't save anyone either.  I'm also not an assassin, a doc or a hooker.

Looking forward to the game!

Tenaciousdandy
6 minutes ago, Boof said:

Player list?

Vote wee jambo 

6 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Thanks. 

I wouldn't use BS, id investigate wee jambo. But it doesn't matter. I'm not cop. 

So ill vote him

Vote wee jambo

Picking on a wee laddie, pure goon behaviour

yvonnejambo

Looks good Nunya.

I would use bs if I could but I can’t. Will do goon list in morning as too tired tonight. 

Stuart McNeill
21 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Picking on a wee laddie, pure goon behaviour

Need to teach them the hard ways ASAP 😂

Prince Buaben

Alright. Just seen we have started. 

I wouldn't use BS if I was the cop but it doesn't really matter as I can't. I would investigate Sheldon.

Vote Shapes though. 

Peakybunnet

I would use BS. Just got my message and still trying to make head or tail of it.

I am away all day tomorrow but will be back on tomorrow evening with any thoughts I have. 

Cheers Nunya looks s good game.  

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Just saw that we had started.

Theme means nothing to me other than knowing Discworld is a Pratchett thing.

Would not use BS and would instead investigate Dunks if I was the cop, but I'm not so I can't.

Up early for golf so I'll probably be out of action until about midday. Second round of the day starts at 4 so I'll likely not be around at deadline either but will see what I can do.

Evening all :D

Ankh-Morpork! Pearl of cities! This is not a completely accurate description, of course — it was not round and shiny — but even its worst enemies would agree that if you had to liken Ankh-Morpork to anything, then it might as well be a piece of rubbish covered with the diseased secretions of a dying mollusc.

Fond memories of a misspent youth - cheers Nunya :wub:

As usual, I would use BS, but alas I have not reached the dizzy heights of Samuel. So instead of investigate Wee Jambo, I will instead ...

Vote Wee Jambo

:ninja:

Rudi Skacel

Just an fyi, im not hiding but im literally away from half 9 till about half 7, 8 oclock today. Got 2 rounds of golf. 

iv got a random vote in, its day 1 so its usually just nonsense posted anyway

oh id use reverse bs if i could but cant

Feel like i am missing something on the wee jambo situation here. Nevermind.

vote peaky

For being away when you are supposed to stay local.

Good Old Fashioned Scandal

Would use bs if I could. 

vote boof

Just realised I typed this about 10 minutes ago and never pressed send 🤦‍♀️

Tenaciousdandy
42 minutes ago, Seats said:

Feel like i am missing something on the wee jambo situation here. Nevermind.

vote peaky

For being away when you are supposed to stay local.

Dunks laddie archie folk welcoming him to the game by voting him, Mafia hospitality 🤣

Edited by Tenaciousdandy

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Wee jambo said:

Stop voting me please I’m just a  Townie

That's what a goon would say 🤔

Tenaciousdandy
11 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

That should be all the PMs out now. Hopefully this encourages everyone to read a Pratchett book, they're fantastically funny.

First deadline will be 8pm tomorrow night.

3 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

@Nunya Business time is deadline?

8pm tonight 

Prince Buaben
2 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

8pm tonight 

Late nights and Early mornings. For the life of me i couldnt see the time in the post. Then i realised it was a few posts down.

Cheers

The Hogfather

Vote count:

Shapes 2

Boof 2

Prince 1

Vlad 1

Wee Jambo 1

Stuart 1

Yvonne 1

Riddley 1

Dunks 1 

Peaky 1

21 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Dunks laddie archie folk welcoming him to the game by voting him, Mafia hospitality 🤣

Ah cool, cheers. Welcome wee jambo! Not voting you though as you sorted me out in a couple of shootouts 😉