***** Official Hearts v Dundee Match Thread *****

Turkishcap

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Happy clappers be clapping tonight.

The folk, many who have been really quiet or absent from this thread despite a week of moaning their tits off can have a night off.

Why don't you have a night off it will do you the world of good. You really can't help yourself at times. Enjoy your Saturday night. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Seriously after watching yet another pathetic performance it looks like we have another major squad building exercise required again.

I would only keep a handful of the squad we have most are no use to anyone either that or they are pissed off with the way they are being asked to play and not trying a leg.

That sort of perfromance with the resources we have is embarrassing. We got three points but it could have been one but for a couple of lucky breaks and a decent save from Gordon.

If that teams gets promoted without adding quality to it then we will be straight back down again.

Pathetic? What your post?

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Symptomatic of a poor dressing room and a poor manager 

Yeah, Robbie made the tackle😄

colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Ironic Robertson deemed that tackle to be a red and the assault on Naismith at Dens to be a yellow! I think that was the point that Robbie was making to McJakey!

As I've said, they wouldn't even have got the penalty if he'd given the blatant foul on Boyce.  Robertson has been absolutely shocking in Hearts' games.

GMS had a decent game aside from the missed sitters. He was behind most of our attacks and his cross for Nando was first class. Taking him off left us a bit flat and Dundee stepped up. Bringing on White who slotted into GMS's slot did nothing for us. Popescu is a liability and Haring would be a better choice at centre half. We don't half make it hard for ourselves......👍

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Any partner of Halkett's would be similarly depressed. The only centre half worth keeping is Souttar, the rest need binned. 

absolutely spot on

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Or it could have been 4/5 if we had an composure after the creating of good chances.

6-2 again..

Just now, ri Alban said:

Halkett and Souttar will do me nicely. 

Halkett is barely adequate at Championship level and has been sorely exposed already in the Premiership. We are blessed to have Gordon or our weakness in the centre of defence would cost us more goals. 

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

6 more wins needed to wrap this shit league up. Will probably end up less than that but it will just be nice to get out of this tinpot league. We need major surgery in the close season though.

Apart from Craig Gordon and maybe a couple of others it's going to have to be virtually a new team ... We are a poor team

The Treasurer

Made it harder than it should have been but good result that effectively kills off any slim chance scumdee might have had of catching us. They even have a fight on their hands to get a play off place 

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

GMS had a decent game aside from the missed sitters. He was behind most of our attacks and his cross for Nando was first class. Taking him off left us a bit flat and Dundee stepped up. Bringing on White who slotted into GMS's slot did nothing for us. Popescu is a liability and Haring would be a better choice at centre half. We don't half make it hard for ourselves......👍

Haring is finished

We are a shite goalie away from not being top of this league.

And it’s because our defence is pish don’t get distracted by anything else.

Robbies biggest error was not signing a centre half with some pace. 

10 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Really feel for Haring.......should have been building minutes over the last several games yet RN has left him on the bench game after game without giving him ANY game time at all.    Then brings him on a tight game in the 89th minute.    Just don’t get the logic at all.   

If he's going lunge into reckless challenges and get himself sent off 4 minutes after coming on, I'm quite glad we didn't bring him on any earlier.

alwaysthereinspirit

Just noticed #!bs lost again on a weekend we won.

That number just keeps creeping up.

Must put a real strain on a person supporting that $#!te.

CloustonHMFC

Overall a fairly decent performance. We need more composure upfront, could have been 3 or 4 in front. We made it much harder for ourselves after conceding the penalty too but they done the job.

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

As I've said, they wouldn't even have got the penalty if he'd given the blatant foul on Boyce.  Robertson has been absolutely shocking in Hearts' games.

Not a fan of Don but don't have many complaints today tbh. Barring that foul on Boyce. He could've given Scumdee a 2nd pen but actually made the right call and booked the diving ****

Edited by WDJ87

Job done. Changed formation which was important. Yeah, still some shite but Dundee as a hope for some are ****ed. Makes up for some of the shite

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Cynic said:

Haring is finished

Unfortunately I don't think he'll be anywhere near the player he was beforehand. I can't blame him for that, to be honest, he's had a torrid time of it and it can happen. He'll be gone in the summer.

Much better performance for most of the game. Gave up too many chances and performance dropped when we changed the system back and we’ve missed one or two chances that would have saved the last 10 minutes making us look a bit ordinary and a bit fragile in the head.

Very good 3 points as far as the final outcome of the league is concerned. Not much learned we didn’t already know and not much needing to be said about the weaknesses in a game we won.

heartsfc_fan
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Dundee actually invested a bit. Not a bad set of players in truth, surprised how they have managed to fall so far behind 

They've got an awful goalkeeper and their defence isn't up to much. Midfield and forward areas a good though.

7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Or it could have been 4/5 if we had any composure after the creating of good chances.

It wasn't though because the players we have are not good enough to kill these games off which is exactly my point.

3fingersreid
5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Any partner of Halkett's would be similarly depressed. The only centre half worth keeping is Souttar, the rest need binned. 

Today partly out of boredom I watched Halkett his stats were 

20 challenges

won 18 headers

lost 1 header

lost 1 on the ground

there's other issues that need looked at before him 

6 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Not a fan of Don but don't have many complaints today tbh. Barring that foul on Boyce. He could've given Scumdee a 2nd pen but actually made the right call for.once and booked the diving ****

Never gave a blatant penalty for handball in the first half. The boys hands were about 2 foot above his head. 

19 minutes ago, Humblerogue said:

Choob 

Brilliant. Have not heard that word for years and have never seen it written down. Is that how it is spelt?

8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Yep, two centre backs, two midfielders a striker and a winger required as a minimum. 

Much better and I thought Halliday had a good game - proof perhaps that it's our style that is at fault rather than the players.  A different shape today and it worked to a degree, but we panicked after they scored and had to thank Gordon for keeping us in it. 

And why Robbie elected to put Haring on with us struggling to defend a slender lead, is baffling.  The guy was obviously going to be slow and it was a definite red.

However we could have been in easy street if GMS had converted two easy chances. 

Can we afford Popescu?  

Shows how fragile we are mentally. Go to pieces because they pull one back. Some of the defending was shocking. Haring came on to settle the ship and ****ed it.  

A bit better for an hour but looked like a bottom of the league team for the last 30mins.

airdriejambo3
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Dundee actually invested a bit. Not a bad set of players in truth, surprised how they have managed to fall so far behind 

Maybe if their Technical Director didn't choose Celtic TV over improving Dundee they would be better severed.

gowestjambo

As bad as our Centre Half's are, there is no bite in midfield to close down attacks before they get that far. On another point - GMS finally comes onto a game, and our useless Manager takes him off!!

Just now, DS98 said:

Never gave a blatant penalty for handball in the first half. The boys hands were about 2 foot above his head. 

Would've been harsh imo but you're right given the rules I suppose. If it was given against us I would be furious tho.

7 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Pathetic? What your post?

Did you think that was a good perfromance? I just don't see what people think is positive about our displays other than getting 3 points.

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Halkett and Souttar will do me nicely. 

Sorry, but Halkett is dreadful, our defence has been shocking, a bombscare for the last 2 seasons , and Craig Halkett is the common denominator 

A shaky win, more positive first half when the game should have been killed off, and  we nearly paid for our missed chances, a very valuable 3 points nonetheless and we can kick on from that. The fight for playoff places means the chasing pack will be taking points off each other and maybe teams will have to play more positively against us. Very happy where we are though. Just pouring a large one now. Cheers all.

16 minutes ago, lost in space said:

At HT - said what a difference that the 2 FBs allowed to go forward. So what does our coach do - stops FBs going forward in the second half.

Neilson is CLUELESS.

Well done to the players getting the points.

How did you manage to get into the dressing room at half time? 

Humblerogue
1 minute ago, Silverwolf said:

Brilliant. Have not heard that word for years and have never seen it written down. Is that how it is spelt?

Only for the enlightened ☺️

CloustonHMFC
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Dundee played some good football tbf. 

We also played some good football. Dundee have invested a fair bit of cash. They might struggle if they don't go up this season.

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Today partly out of boredom I watched Halkett his stats were 

20 challenges

won 18 headers

lost 1 header

lost 1 on the ground

there's other issues that need looked at before him 

Thought he was good in the air today, but still overall a poor defender, gets caught far too often and is back up at best. Between him and Popescu they barely combine into one competent CB. 

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Sorry, but Halkett is dreadful, our defence has been shocking, a bombscare for the last 2 seasons , and Craig Halkett is the common denominator 

What did he do wrong today ? 

David Black

The major problem for Haring is that there has been no reserve league to play in to get match fit. As a consequence his timing is way off when he does come on. The sooner we get this league won, then play him most weeks along with one or two youngsters.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

Would've been harsh imo but you're right given the rules I suppose. If it was given against us I would be furious tho.

He also went against the rules when there was a hand ball outside our box. He clearly saw it as he signaled to our player but allowed Dundee to retain possession. I don't like penalties when the ball is kicked from close range but that's the rules and they should be followed.

3fingersreid
Just now, Fraggle said:

Thought he was good in the air today, but still overall a poor defender, gets caught far too often and is back up at best. Between him and Popescu they barely combine into one competent CB. 

A better player beside Halkett will possibly improve him . 
Popescu started okay but then had his usual brain farts , he definitely not good enough