***** Official Hearts v Dundee Match Thread *****

Turkishcap

Bazzas right boot

Happy clappers be clapping tonight.

The folk, many who have been really quiet or absent from this thread despite a week of moaning their tits off can have a night off.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

Very even game but we got the victory, holding on for about 30 mins their bit disappointing as there best player was out of today's game, expected us to dominate it more, Gordon my motm 👍 

Well done Hearts and Robbie on the win 👍

Ex member of the SaS

That was far riskier than it needed to be. Why change formation from hammering them to defending. People calling him poodle and it's clear to see why. Leveinesk defending a one goal lead. Gordon keeps us in it again. why can't players make a tackle? we allow them to walk up the park and put crosses into the box instead of trying to stop them before the half way line?

Really feel for Haring.......should have been building minutes over the last several games yet RN has left him on the bench game after game without giving him ANY game time at all.    Then brings him on a tight game in the 89th minute.    Just don’t get the logic at all.   

heartsfc_fan
Just now, Arry said:

Please Robbie ... don’t ever play that bomb scare Romanian ever again.

He was actually having a good game up until that. Needs to cut out those silly silly moments really.

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Symptomatic of a poor dressing room and a poor manager 

😂

must try harder

colinmaroon

Thank God we won that because yet again the referee gets assist for the opposition.  All game he gave fouls against Hearts for any sort of challenge or non-challenge from the back,  

Blatant foul on Boyce, didn't give it and long before Popescu had his brainfart, I said they'll score here.

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

The folk, many who have been really quiet or absent from this thread despite a week of moaning their tits off can have a night off.

Christ I wish you would take a night off.

Should've been alot more comfortable than it was but we done it the Hearts way 🤪 Popescu 🤦‍♂️ stupid foul. GMS clearly lacking confidence in front of goal but other than those 2 chances thought he had a good game. Stopped the rot most importantly. 3 more points next week please 👍

upgotheheads
Just now, avhudtheteeshirt said:

No matter what you think of the overall performance, its 3 points and it leaves the rest struggling to get anywhere near us now!!!!

First 60 minutes were the best we've played for weeks, but the last 20!!

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Robbie winding up Mcpake (Grass)

Haring seems aggrieved did it look worse than it was 

guy seemed to recover immediately

Ironic Robertson deemed that tackle to be a red and the assault on Naismith at Dens to be a yellow! I think that was the point that Robbie was making to McJakey!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Poor troll from Dusky.

Normally a lot more subtle than that. This pandemic really affecting folk. :(

He's not even putting in any effort anymore.

He use to be sharp like a ninja dagger, now he's just a blunt Viking battle axe.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not a happy clapper who thinks everything's rosy, but even I'm delighted to get back to winning ways.

Good 3 points and should've put 4 or 5 past them there.

3 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

I'll make my 500th post, thus ...

That was eye-bleeding sh1te ... again!!!!!

You will get pelters for your honest assessment. Totally agree tho!

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

In my 55 years of watching Hearts that miss from GMS was the worst ever! 😳

Bannon’s v St Pats still tops it for me

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

That's a popular opinion.  It sounds like his stupidity today changed the game.

Halkett must be depressed having to play beside him. 

Only saw 2nd half. happy with win but pretty poor at times,  lots of work to be done.....again.

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

2 words. Center halves.

The entire story of this game has been undone by 1 moment from a Center half - the lack of belief from the rest of the players toward the Center halves, is palpable. And the reason we’ve gone deep. The whole team knows that Halkett and Popescu are shite defenders. 

2x starting CBs for next season = the make or break management / recruitment decision of Robbie Neilsons career. It is literally at the heart of everything. Has to get it right 

Exactly. I have tried but can’t think of a worse defensive centre half pairing in the last 20 years.  No team can play well with such a weak defence. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aberdeen still 4th, have scored 1 goal in the last 9 games, at home to rank rotten Kilmarnock 

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

He was actually having a good game up until that. Needs to cut out those silly silly moments really.

yep

Good first half, decent first 10 minutes 2nd. Then we just fell away, looked leggy as **** and almost chucked it. 

Wins a win. 

I think we need to persevere with that formation though and it will pay dividends. 

Wasn’t perfect but really happy with that. They were a better side than we’ve played recently. Done more than enough to win despite a few silly moments. Well done hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Poor troll from Dusky.

Normally a lot more subtle than that. This pandemic really affecting folk. :(

Standards slipping unfortunately a sign of the times Mr President.

Seriously after watching yet another pathetic performance it looks like we have another major squad building exercise required again.

I would only keep a handful of the squad we have most are no use to anyone either that or they are pissed off with the way they are being asked to play and not trying a leg.

That sort of perfromance with the resources we have is embarrassing. We got three points but it could have been one but for a couple of lucky breaks and a decent save from Gordon.

If that teams gets promoted without adding quality to it then we will be straight back down again.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Halkett had a great game today. 👍

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Very even game but we got the victory, holding on for about 30 mins their bit disappointing as there best player was out of today's game, expected us to dominate it more, Gordon my motm 👍 

Well done Hearts and Robbie on the win 👍

I see you have that mouse in your pocket again.

Crucial 3 points for us. Dundee really had to take something from the game to have any hope of catching us, and gave it their all. We played well at times, but conceding the penalty really put the pressure on us. Not pretty at the end, but it's the result that mattered. On we go.

Billy Hoyle

The point were all that matters today but by god we are a shite football team. 
The basic football skills of the players are shocking. 
Our strikers can’t finish. 
GMS is shite. 
The players just regress into a shell when we lose a goal. 
Where was the urgency and leadership to get a hold of the ball and get us up the park the last 20 mins. 
It’s not good enough. We were pish in that second half. Turning up for 30 or 40 mins each week isn’t acceptable. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Aberdeen still 4th, have scored 1 goal in the last 9 games, at home to rank rotten Kilmarnock 

Hamilton 

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

In my 55 years of watching Hearts that miss from GMS was the worst ever! 😳

Nah - Eamon Bannon header miss from the one yard line.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'm not a happy clapper who thinks everything's rosy, but even I'm delighted to get back to winning ways.

Good 3 points and should've put 4 or 5 past them there.

Ended up far too tight, at 2-1 they should have equalised.

At 1/2-0 we should have be 3/4 up.

They were actually better than I thought they'd be tbh, giving their league position.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Poor last half hour but don't care because got the 3pts but going forward into next season we need major surgery

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Really feel for Haring.......should have been building minutes over the last several games yet RN has left him on the bench game after game without giving him ANY game time at all.    Then brings him on a tight game in the 89th minute.    Just don’t get the logic at all.   

🤦🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I think you have seen why he was left on bench he’s gone.   Not fit and a liability which is a shame. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Dito.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

He's going fishing even though there's nowt in the river. Just leave him to it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Dundee actually invested a bit. Not a bad set of players in truth, surprised how they have managed to fall so far behind 

Relief at the final whistle after watching the clock run down for the last fifteen minutes. Made it difficult for ourselves after they scored the penalty. All i can say is thank frk that whistle went. 

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Seriously after watching yet another pathetic performance it looks like we have another major squad building exercise required again.

I would only keep a handful of the squad we have most are no use to anyone either that or they are pissed off with the way they are being asked to play and not trying a leg.

That sort of perfromance with the resources we have is embarrassing. We got three points but it could have been one but for a couple of lucky breaks and a decent save from Gordon.

If that teams gets promoted without adding quality to it then we will be straight back down again.

Or it could have been 4/5 if we had any composure after the creating of good chances.

Edited by Jamboelite

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Any partner of Halkett's would be similarly depressed. The only centre half worth keeping is Souttar, the rest need binned. 

Edited by Jodami

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

At HT - said what a difference that the 2 FBs allowed to go forward. So what does our coach do - stops FBs going forward in the second half.

Neilson is CLUELESS.

Well done to the players getting the points.

There is no way he can be allowed to be  still our manager in the Premiere ...no way..  

The Grim Reaper
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

He's going fishing even though there's nowt in the river. Just leave him to it.

Blatant trolling as per usual.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

Hamilton 

Killie was the one goal. A few weeks ago 

Lonewolflins
6 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

That last ten minutes 😂

Our CH are so poor, both need binned ASAP. 

Agree , both are an accident waiting to happen . 

Just now, Jodami said:

Any partner of Halkett's would be similarly depressed. The only centre half worth keeping is Souttar, the rest need binned. 

Halkett and Souttar will do me nicely.