***** Official Hearts v Dundee Match Thread *****

Turkishcap

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Dundee played some good football tbf. 

They did. They looked a cut above most of the teams we’ve played lately. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

CloustonHMFC
Just now, soonbe110 said:

How did you manage to get into the dressing room at half time? 

It's amazing how so many people seem to know what the manager tells players to do at half time or during the game. Nobody ever stops to think that the way the game is being played in that stops players doing what they were doing before. I'm absolutely certain Neilson told the team to let Dundee come at us for the last half hour 🙄

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

What did he do wrong today ? 

A broken clock is right at least twice a day, Halkett is not good enough, because he didn’t make any obvious mistakes today doesn’t make him a good enough defender for where we want to be.

Just now, David Black said:

The major problem for Haring is that there has been no reserve league to play in to get match fit. As a consequence his timing is way off when he does come on. The sooner we get this league won, then play him most weeks along with one or two youngsters.

Exactly.  Wasting away on the bench after such a long lay off is doing him no good whatsoever.   No chance to build himself back up.   

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Something to build on for next season

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, David Black said:

The major problem for Haring is that there has been no reserve league to play in to get match fit. As a consequence his timing is way off when he does come on. The sooner we get this league won, then play him most weeks along with one or two youngsters.

I have a feeling we might not see much more of Peter Haring, to be honest. If Irving signs a new deal expect our midfield to consist of Irving and Mceneff for the remainder of the season to build for next year.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Hearts win, 3points, a game less to play, mind the gap

We win next week and it's almost job done 

ToadKiller Dog

Haring looks like sombody who clearly needs game time ,that was a frustration at himself type red ,can he still be put out on loan for some real game time ?.

Overall decent the style sort of worked should have been 2 or 3 clear until the mental brain fart penalty thought Popescu was doing OK until then.

After that nerves kicked in for a time and we again looked like the energy drained .

3pts will do after recent results .

I always feel we drop to deep when we are winning. We were defending our last third and let the Dundee defenders come at us. It’s as frustrating as hell when we do this. Anyway 15 points in front can’t complain to much. 

Harry Potter
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Its about scoring, we got one more than them.

Japan Jambo
13 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Why don't you have a night off it will do you the world of good. You really can't help yourself at times. Enjoy your Saturday night. 

just don't feed him and click ignore. It's not as if he'll be making any insightful points.

17 minutes ago, Gards said:

Nah - Eamon Bannon header miss from the one yard line.

Wasn’t at that game

57 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

We havent.

Any game when Stendel is not the manager means we are pish according to that numpty

3 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Haring looks like sombody who clearly needs game time ,that was a frustration at himself type red ,can he still be put out on loan for some real game time ?.

Overall decent the style sort of worked should have been 2 or 3 clear until the mental brain fart penalty thought Popescu was doing OK until then.

After that nerves kicked in for a time and we again looked like the energy drained .

3pts will do after recent results .

Good point re the fitness. We are miles behind the required fitness and stamina levels IMO you can just about set your watch by it happening and us running out of gas

Edited by JimmyCant

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

A better player beside Halkett will possibly improve him . 
Popescu started okay but then had his usual brain farts , he definitely not good enough 

Certainly no a Premiership player that’s for sure.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Did you think that was a good perfromance? I just don't see what people think is positive about our displays other than getting 3 points.

I have to agree. We were hanging on at the end against a mid table team. 

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

He also went against the rules when there was a hand ball outside our box. He clearly saw it as he signaled to our player but allowed Dundee to retain possession. I don't like penalties when the ball is kicked from close range but that's the rules and they should be followed.

Oh he's a shit ref I don't deny it. I don't recall the incident you are on about though, thought that was one of his better games but that's not saying much. More concerned about Popescu and his needless foul. Smith had a right go at him and could see Halkett was pretty pissed off as well. Was a stupid tackle and can see him dropped for the next game because of it or at least should be.

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

just don't feed him and click ignore. It's not as if he'll be making any insightful points.

Sometimes he is hard to ignore with the crap he comes away with. 

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Its about scoring, we got one more than them.

That was their last chance. In JKB unforgiving description. They bottled it. Like they've done about 13 times this season

alwaysthereinspirit
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Did you think that was a good perfromance? I just don't see what people think is positive about our displays other than getting 3 points.

I didn’t say it was a good performance.

It just was far from pathetic.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

I always feel we drop to deep when we are winning. We were defending our last third and let the Dundee defenders come at us. It’s as frustrating as hell when we do this. Anyway 15 points in front can’t complain to much. 

When we tackle players in their own half it does two things, sometimes we win the ball and we are instantly on the edge of their box or it breaks up play and stops them making a pass or cross into our box. How many time today did they get the ball on the edge of their own box and ran the full length of the pitch and put in a cross? It's not rocket science yet we defend too deep game after game. When they are behind and have to attack that is the best time to get in behind their defense and score more yet we always sit too deep with no out ball and it's defend time again and again.

willie wallace

Great result and for an hour or so a good performance.

I saw nothing from Dundee that merited us falling deeper and deeper and nearly dropping a couple of points.

A bit more confidence required.

10 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Much better and I thought Halliday had a good game - proof perhaps that it's our style that is at fault rather than the players.  A different shape today and it worked to a degree, but we panicked after they scored and had to thank Gordon for keeping us in it. 

And why Robbie elected to put Haring on with us struggling to defend a slender lead, is baffling.  The guy was obviously going to be slow and it was a definite red.

However we could have been in easy street if GMS had converted two easy chances. 

Can we afford Popescu?  

It was a time wasting exercise as is often the case with 89th min subs...not really baffling.

The absurd tackle was baffling. 

7 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

A better player beside Halkett will possibly improve him . 
Popescu started okay but then had his usual brain farts , he definitely not good enough 

Possibly, but I would much rather have a new and more accomplished CB in beside Souttar. 

complete control

if qos had a half decent start to the season they would be beside us in the league. put on a good run.

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Indeed and yet struggling to make the play-offs at the moment on easily the second highest budget in the league. If you want to see a manager really underperforming their budget in this league, look no further than McPake.

1 minute ago, norrie1952 said:

Let's enjoy Saturday. We won yess

Absolutely. Back to winning ways. Gave a way a stupid penalty and then let the nerves get to us, but before that there was some good play and really should have been further ahead.

Time to log off kickback and enjoy the rest of the evening.

maroonedinbriz
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Robbie's way unfortunately. His natural negativity could nearly of cost us the game today. I didn't want to slag him today as he tried the new formation which worked up to a point but, hells teeth, he didn't half return to type for the last 15.

weegie jambo
5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Exactly.  Wasting away on the bench after such a long lay off is doing him no good whatsoever.   No chance to build himself back up.   

Yeah, I feel really sorry for Peter, I feel we owe it to him to get him back playing again and trying recapture his old form. Hopefully after Covid there will be a reserve league again to get him match fit.

I was nervous after they scored tbh but it's another 3 pts more and to me its all about getting out of this league, I can have a few more beers and watch the game in the premiership without being raging like last week .

Edited by One five

2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I didn’t say it was a good performance.

It just was far from pathetic.

I don't really get the posters problem. You knew before the game we have problems but this was a MASSIVE win simply in terms of the league. I'd have been raging if RN had not changed formation. He did. The rest is what we already know. There are big issues but Dundee are now fecked.

Just now, One five said:

I was nervous after they scored tbh but it's another 3 pts more and to me its all about getting out of this league, I can have a few more beers and watch the premiership without being raging like last week .

Yeah playing on a Friday can really destroy your mood.

Pasquale for King

Takes GMS off when he’s playing well. Walker on at 10, Walker to the left to go 442 after 5 minutes, Walker back to 10 to go 451 after another 5 minutes with White on. End up clinging on when the game could’ve been 6-2 again easily. He’s so negative and defensive, much rather hold a lead than extend it.
Whole midfield disappeared after his changes.
Folk wonder he’s competed to his mentor. 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

👍

That was our best performance in our last 4 games. Very little tippy tappy across the back and getting the ball forward faster where Gnando and Boyce did some great running.

3 major cock ups prevented us from winning that game in a canter - misses from GMS and Boyce, and a brain fart from Popescu!

Something to build on today.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, One five said:

I was nervous after they scored tbh but it's another 3 pts more and to me its all about getting out of this league, I can have a few more beers and watch the premiership without being raging like last week .

correct, weekend is sorted now.

So after all the shenanigans over the summer from Dundee and Mr Nelms in particular. I can say, hand on heart that we as a club should be happy with what we have inflicted over this club. Took 6 points off them, contributed zero £ to their coffers. Open wide 👍🏻

Byyy The Light
30 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

That last ten minutes 😂

Our CH are so poor, both need binned ASAP. 

Agreed. Must be a nightmare playing in midfield in front of that pair

Seymour M Hersh
30 minutes ago, Arry said:

Please Robbie ... don’t ever play that bomb scare Romanian ever again.

Play the Scottish bomb scare (Berra) instead? We are short of decent CBs though.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Takes GMS off when he’s playing well. Walker on at 10, Walker to the left to go 442 after 5 minutes, Walker back to 10 to go 451 after another 5 minutes with White on. End up clinging on when the game could’ve been 6-2 again easily. He’s so negative and defensive, much rather hold a lead than extend it.
Whole midfield disappeared after his changes.
Folk wonder he’s competed to his mentor. 

Couldn't have summed it up better myself 👍

Kirky Jambo
9 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

A broken clock is right at least twice a day, Halkett is not good enough, because he didn’t make any obvious mistakes today doesn’t make him a good enough defender for where we want to be.

Ive defended Halkett in the past but he has looked devoid of confidence recently and made a dreadful error today trying (and missing) some ridiculous flick after Gordon’s double save and just before McMullan’s dive. At least I think it was Halkett. Was lucky to get away with it tbh.

For balance, it was a lovely lay off to Boyce for the one off the bar.

We shouldn’t be conceding so many chances to a Dundee side missing their best player. They could easily have had 3 or 4.

lost in space
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How did you manage to get into the dressing room at half time? 

Pizza delivery. Took in 17 - Halkett ate them all.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

That was our best performance in our last 4 games. Very little tippy tappy across the back and getting the ball forward faster where Gnando and Boyce did some great running.

3 major cock ups prevented us from winning that game in a canter - misses from GMS and Boyce, and a brain fart from Popescu!

Something to build on today.

👍 But lets talk up Dundee who have bottled about 75% of their games. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Seymour M Hersh
20 minutes ago, Elmo said:

We are a shite goalie away from not being top of this league.

And it’s because our defence is pish don’t get distracted by anything else.

Robbies biggest error was not signing a centre half with some pace. 

Thanks Elmo. I'm shite lotto/eoromillions picks away from being a multi-milionaire.

3fingersreid
4 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Possibly, but I would much rather have a new and more accomplished CB in beside Souttar. 

I can see that too , I hope I’m wrong but I’ve yet to be convinced that Souttar will be the player he was both playing and fitness wise 

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Yeah playing on a Friday can really destroy your mood.

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

correct, weekend is sorted now.

Absolutely 🍻

Pasquale for King
Just now, GYL said:

Couldn't have summed it up better myself 👍

I saw someone yesterday say it’s needlessly negative, which just about describes our manager to a tee. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Not impressed with nearly throwing it away again but relieved to get this game over with. A lot of rash and panicky decisions being made by quite a few players right now still need to be addressed properly in training and sorted soon. We should be playing without fear now so far into the season.