Happy Clappers

Sertse

Time and time again I see people posting 'we're still top' or 'we still got the points' or 'we'll still get promoted'.

We're top because other teams are playing shite.

We have to scrape points every time.

Guaranteed promotion looks less likely every single week.

If we perform like this in the premiership, we're going straight back to the championship.

The 'happy clapper' crowd are happy with papering over the cracks and have the cheek to say people voicing their concern don't support the club.

Who is more dangerous? Someone who sees a fire starting in a building and tries to warn everyone or someone who sees it starting and tells everyone to calm down, to have faith that it won't spread and tries to personally attack anyone who is worried the building might burn?

The club is on a downward spiral and it's plain to see. Happy Clappers will have us in the championship again next year telling us to stop worrying, we'll easily walk the league and go straight back to third in the premiership.

We have a big big problem here and it needs addressing sooner rather than later.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• The Grim Reaper

• Jambos_1874

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Time and time again I see people posting 'we're still top' or 'we still got the points' or 'we'll still get promoted'.

If we perform like this in the premiership, we're going straight back to the championship.

The 'happy clapper' crowd are happy with papering over the cracks and have the cheek to say people voicing their concern don't support the club.

Who is more dangerous? Someone who sees a fire starting in a building and tries to warn everyone or someone who sees it starting and tells everyone to calm down, to have faith that it won't spread and tries to personally attack anyone who is worried the building might burn?

The club is on a downward spiral and it's plain to see. Happy Clappers will have us in the championship again next year telling us to stop worrying, we'll easily walk the league and go straight back to third in the premiership.

We have a big big problem here and it needs addressing sooner rather than later.

Good post

Sensationalist nonsense. We're not top because other teams are playing shite, we're top because we've won 12 out of 18 games and lost only 3. Also, it is a hugely competitive league and any team can take points off each other, so by us being more consistent we have opened up a lead. I'm disappointed with several of the performances and frustrated we aren't ahead by more, but we're hardly on a downward spiral as a club!! Let's see how things pan out when we're promoted before we start pishing ourselves.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

Sensationalist nonsense. We're not top because other teams are playing shite, we're top because we've won 12 out of 19 games and lost only 3. Also, it is a hugely competitive league and any team can take points off each other, so by us being more consistent we have opened up a lead. I'm disappointed with several of the performances and frustrated we aren't ahead by more, but we're hardly on a downward spiral as a club!! Let's see how things pan out when we're promoted before we start pishing ourselves.

Sounds like the ‘we’re only 8 points of fourth’ CL gang. CL and RN are as proactive as each other. Hugely competitive league my ****ing arse.  

The problems are pretty plain. They have been talked about on multiple threads. Some fans just don't want to see things on a micro level, using barely acceptable results and performances as a glass shield to clearly underlying issues. 

Things can change with appropriate recruitment and this will be what they cling to. It's never ever an argument that NeIlson will blossom, you'll notice.

Edited by Riccarton3

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Sensationalist nonsense. We're not top because other teams are playing shite, we're top because we've won 12 out of 18 games and lost only 3. Also, it is a hugely competitive league and any team can take points off each other, so by us being more consistent we have opened up a lead. I'm disappointed with several of the performances and frustrated we aren't ahead by more, but we're hardly on a downward spiral as a club!! Let's see how things pan out when we're promoted before we start pishing ourselves.

Stopped reading at hugely competitive league. 

Jeffros Furios

The happy clappers are losers who haven't played any sports  in thier sad lives ,

They have no standards hence the reason they accept yet never question any decisions by the club. 

Lucky enough in the real world I don't know many with such low expectations for Hearts .

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Jesus Christ! How blind are some people. 

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sounds like the ‘we’re only 8 points of fourth’ CL gang. CL and RN are as proactive as each other. Hugely competitive league my ****ing arse.  

:spoton:

8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Gary Locke would get this team promoted but it doesn’t mean he is the right man for the SPL. 

Same applies to Robbie. 

4 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

A hugely competitive league  :rofl: 

The pishing ourselves response is a moronic viewpoint. 

9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Probably the same people who have half and half ICT and Partick Thistle scarves.

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

And there we have it .

2 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Sensationalist nonsense. We're not top because other teams are playing shite, we're top because we've won 12 out of 19 games and lost only 3. Also, it is a hugely competitive league and any team can take points off each other, so by us being more consistent we have opened up a lead. I'm disappointed with several of the performances and frustrated we aren't ahead by more, but we're hardly on a downward spiral as a club!! Let's see how things pan out when we're promoted before we start pishing ourselves.

At the same time we aren't exactly setting the league alight. There are teams with games in hand to us. If they win them, our lead won't look as impressive as you make out. With our budget we should have this league wrapped up at a canter. However it looks as if we'll just scrape over the finish line.

What do you define as a downward spiral?

2015-2016 - 3rd

2016 -2017 - 5th

2017-2018 - 6th

2018-2019 - 6th

2019-2020 - 12th (relegated)

That looks like a definite decline. The fact we are scraping results against part time teams now doesn't concern you?

Why does is bother you? If there are people out there that are positive and a bit more easily pleased then others. Who gives a shit and who are you to tell them they’re wrong?

The same goes for the depressing army of doom-merchants. The guys who want Robbie gone and then as soon as the new manager is in will immediately round on him too. 

It’s an opinion.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There are 7 points separating third and ninth, so it is clearly competitive. And, we are actually top of the league, so CL's ridiculous comment is not applicable here.

8 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

This is a pub league. That Hearts team would struggle in the East of Scotland League. With the resources we have we should have the league wrapped up by now. 

6 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

It is the Scottish 2nd division where not all teams are even full time and we have the fanbase, facilities, resources and stadium of a big club that has many current and ex internatiinalists to prove it.

No spin in the world can make that look any better for our current form. Have no doubt, Robbie will not even have an ounce of dread on his weekly zoom with Ann on Monday morning. He may eben get an extra rich tea biscuit from her.

Our performances against teams who are our nearest challengers were concerning.

Now our performances against everyone are concerning.

We were dreadful last week until Walker came on.

Same starting XI this week, same performance.

We, the Hearts support KNOW how we are going to set up and play.

Opposition managers have sussed us out. 
We must change the way we play or change the management team that is, essentially doing the same thing, week in week out and expecting different results.

The players are under performing. Negative, slow and shot shy

1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

There are 7 points separating third and ninth, so it is clearly competitive. And, we are actually top of the league, so CL's ridiculous comment is not applicable here.

But surely competitive league comment must cover all teams including Hearts to have any relevance to the debate?

ANY professional football manager would expect to get promoted with our resources, in this league.    It would be a spectacular failure not to.   Cathro would get us promoted.    RN getting us promoted does not mean he is doing a good job and it is right to look beyond the points difference (which is 6 to 12 points depending on games in hand) to judge how we are doing.  It’s also a reasonable indicator of how well we will do after this season.   Of course there are other variables like the squad he inherited, playing behind closed doors etc,  but we’re now deep into this season, have had 2 transfer windows and a balanced view would be that we are underperforming on a consistent basis with this manager. 

11 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Competitive for others in this league, but should not be for us.

No offence, but thoughts like your post are becoming part of a serious problem we have at the club just now. The 3rd biggest club in the country and some are talking like St.Mirren/Dunfermline/ St.Johnstone fans. 

When did we as fans of the 3rd biggest club in the country set the bar so bloody low?

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

2015-2016 - 3rd

2016 -2017 - 5th

2017-2018 - 6th

2018-2019 - 6th

That looks like a definite decline. The fact we are scraping results against part time teams now doesn't concern you?

I think it is widely known that Levein, unfortunately, had a big part in us eventually being relegated. That situation has been resolved and we are now going to be promoted, with a manager who has previously got us promoted and taken us to third in the Premiership and got us to a cup final now in charge. I will wait and see how it pans out before I started losing the plot. I'm not happy with performances and expected it to be easier but I am going to reserve judgement for now. Apologies to all those who this has offended but I'm not changing my opinion yet.

10 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

It is applicable. We sleep walk into situations where, by the time our stubborn management do something about it, the players confidence is shot and we lose points all over the shop. The performances in the last 5 games are completely unacceptable. We play with 1 up front and 2 holding mids in a league where most of the players will earn less than a decent plumber. We’ve scored 5 goals in 5 games against a pile of shite, two of them penalties ffs. The warning signs were there in the two 1-0 wins that kickstarted the procession of mediocrity and what has been done about it? **** all!

Edited by GinRummy

6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

2015-2016 - 3rd

2016 -2017 - 5th

2017-2018 - 6th

2018-2019 - 6th

I'd even go a step further man

2015-2016 - 3rd

2016 -2017 - 5th

2017-2018 - 6th

2018-2019 - 6th

2020-2021 - stuggling v diddies and part timers

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is the Scottish 2nd division where not all teams are even full time and we have the fanbase, facilities, resources and stadium of a big club that has many current and ex internatiinalists to prove it.

No spin in the world can make that look any better for our current form. Have no doubt, Robbie will not even have an ounce of dread on his weekly zoom with Ann on Monday morning. He may eben get an extra rich tea biscuit from her.

And a virtual pat on the back on a job well done.

Just now, Marvin said:

And a virtual pat on the back on a job well done.

"chin up Robbie son, can't win them all"

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hibs, Dundee Utd and the Hun have all been relegated in recent years and have all failed to get out of this league at the first time of asking. In part dictated by the unique circumstances of "premiership" clubs being in the same league but this league is not as easy as some make out. It should be, but isn't. 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

"chin up Robbie son, can't win them all"

Exactly, "would you like another rich tea with that? The ladies team is doing well, don't you think?"

Hibs, Dundee Utd and the Hun have all been relegated in recent years and have all failed to get out of this league at the first time of asking. In part dictated by the unique circumstances of "premiership" clubs being in the same league but this league is not as easy as some make out. It should be, but isn't. 

In this time, Hibs won the Scottish cup, sold Mcginn, who will one day soon make them several million and are now sitting pretty in the league.

The huns, by hook and crook are now back to being business as usual.

Using Dundee United as a comparison is ridiculous. We are the third biggest club in Scotland. 

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Exactly, "would you like another rich tea with that? The ladies team is doing well, don't you think?"

He could tell her that our next game 2 games are against the Buffalo Bills and the Diamondbacks and she'd be none the ****ing wiser.

6 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Just as well we went for a manager who knows this unique(should be but isn’t easy to get out of) league  inside out then. 

Edited by Gmcjambo

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It is applicable. We sleep walk into situations where, by the time our stubborn management, do something about it, the players confidence is shot and we lose points all over the shop. The performances in the last 5 games are completely unacceptable. We play with 1 up front and 2 holding mids in a league where most of the players will earn less than a decent plumber. We’ve scored 5 goals in 5 games against a pile of shite, two of them penalties ffs. The warning signs were there in the two 1-0 wins that kickstarted the procession of mediocrity and what has been done about it? **** all!

Your post me laugh because I have thought several (not all) of the same things in games. It is frustrating and we should be doing better, but I am going to see how things pan out once we're promoted, which we will be. But, I just disagree with the OP and others who are making it out to be disastrous and that the club is doomed. There is a lot of good at this club, we are building for the future, we're going to be promoted and I think that once we are promoted we will hopefully have addressed a lot of the root causes for our relegation and can really kick on to get back into Europe etc.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Sertse said:

2015-2016 - 3rd

2016 -2017 - 5th

2017-2018 - 6th

2018-2019 - 6th

Irony alert. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, we've been on a downward spiral since Robbie left first time round.!

At least folk have learned a lesson from that and giving the guy who had/ has us-

1st

3rd

Left in second 

1st

A second chance to build somthing similar......

Your post above proves that the only time we were in improvement or around our league ambitions in recent times was.... Under ****ing Robbie.- the guy you want replaced! 

You've just stated the most obvious case for giving Robbie time, he's the last manager to have us improving and not in decline! 

You can't make that shit up Tbh, well done tho. 

You've just highlighted the case for giving Robbie time and not changing managers constantly without even knowing it! 

😭😭😭

The people I Know,myself and most of my friends are over 60.my 2 sons and their friends the 20 -40 brigade staunch season ticket holding hearts supporters.None of us happy c lappers,we see no hope in the immediate future and completely p___off with neilson and his claptrap his tactics his team selection his inability to get the best out of players,playing players out of position.We never see any improvements in any players,the younger fringe players either tossed or put out on loan.If you spoke to any supporter who thinks Halliday should be a regular with us or naismith should be playing anywhere other than at centre forward, (he actually looks like a mug right now)you'd either laugh at or walk away from them,and that's only the tip of the iceberg.

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How do you get a rich tea biscuit from someone over a zoom call?

Your post me laugh because I have thought several (not all) of the same things in games. It is frustrating and we should be doing better, but I am going to see how things pan out once we're promoted, which we will be. But, I just disagree with the OP and others who are making it out to be disastrous and that the club is doomed. There is a lot of good at this club, we are building for the future, we're going to be promoted and I think that once we are promoted we will hopefully have addressed a lot of the root causes for our relegation and can really kick on to get back into Europe etc.

Fair enough. I wish I had your patience tbh. Over the last few seasons it’s been really frustrating for supporters to sit and watch successive managers repeat silly errors when the fans can see the problems. Probably not at peak pissed offness yet but it’s getting there fast and easy to draw comparisons. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Using Dundee United as a comparison is ridiculous. We are the third biggest club in Scotland. 

It's not though. They were an established Premiership club with a substantially bigger budget than the other teams in the Championship and are also full time. They also have a better stadium and facilities than all clubs in the Championship. Not as big as of course, but a reasonable example, in my opinion at least.

Just now, davemclaren said:

How do you get a rich tea biscuit f  try on someone over a zoom call?

He will be at Riccarton, she will have a spread laid out.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

How do you get a rich tea biscuit from someone over a zoom call?

Couriers are still working. 

Ainsley Harriott

Really expected more than being top at this stage. 

In all seriousness though this team will get relegated again next season if we go up like this.

26 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

The championship, is a league, which to everyone’s knowledge, is full of teams that aren’t good enough to be in the premiership

Putting that to one side we understand that it’s a hugely competitive league, where teams will take points of each other

Ahhh I see - when we get back up we will play a swashbuckling style of football. The style we are playing at the moment is suited for the championship only and not the premiership 

Gotcha  

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Irony alert. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, we've been on a downward spiral since Robbie left first time round.!

At least folk have learned a lesson from that and giving the guy who had/ has us-

1st

3rd

Left in second 

1st

A second chance to build somthing similar......

Your post above proves that the only time we were in improvement or around our league ambitions in recent times was.... Under ****ing Robbie.- the guy you want replaced! 

You've just stated the most obvious case for giving Robbie time, he's the last manager to have us improving and not in decline! 

You can't make that shit up Tbh, well done tho. 

You've just highlighted the case for giving Robbie time and not changing managers constantly without even knowing it! 

😭😭😭

And you don't think football has changed since then? Let me tell you, the other clubs aren't sitting holding third place there for us. He's playing shite football tactics. Same thing week in week out. Nobody is scared to play us. That shows whatever he had isn't working now.

Why weren't Dundee United upset when he left?

Just now, davemclaren said:

Sounds nice. 

I love biscuits. Lockdown has been cruel to my waistline

:sob:

• davemclaren locked this topic