Happy Clappers

Sertse

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

The championship, is a league, which to everyone’s knowledge, is full of teams that aren’t good enough to be in the premiership

Putting that to one side we understand that it’s a hugely competitive league, where teams will take points of each other

Ahhh I see - when we get back up we will play a swashbuckling style of football. The style we are playing at the moment is suited for the championship only and not the premiership 

Gotcha  

The tactics when we get promoted will almost certainly be different to combat the better teams in that league. 3 holding midfielders and no striker should see us top 6. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• The Grim Reaper

• Jambos_1874

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Irony alert. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, we've been on a downward spiral since Robbie left first time round.!

At least folk have learned a lesson from that and giving the guy who had/ has us-

1st

3rd

Left in second 

1st

A second chance to build somthing similar......

Your post above proves that the only time we were in improvement or around our league ambitions in recent times was.... Under ****ing Robbie.- the guy you want replaced! 

You've just stated the most obvious case for giving Robbie time, he's the last manager to have us improving and not in decline! 

You can't make that shit up Tbh, well done tho. 

You've just highlighted the case for giving Robbie time and not changing managers constantly without even knowing it! 

😭😭😭

https://giphy.com/gifs/Skrz-cz-yes-cheerful-skrzcz-coC4WbkeHq3PipP2Ry

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

The championship, is a league, which to everyone’s knowledge, is full of teams that aren’t good enough to be in the premiership

Putting that to one side we understand that it’s a hugely competitive league, where teams will take points of each other

Ahhh I see - when we get back up we will play a swashbuckling style of football. The style we are playing at the moment is suited for the championship only and not the premiership 

Gotcha  

One more transfer window and playing in the top league will solve everything. 

Good times are just around the corner. 

36 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Time and time again I see people posting 'we're still top' or 'we still got the points' or 'we'll still get promoted'.

We're top because other teams are playing shite.

We have to scrape points every time.

Guaranteed promotion looks less likely every single week.

If we perform like this in the premiership, we're going straight back to the championship.

The 'happy clapper' crowd are happy with papering over the cracks and have the cheek to say people voicing their concern don't support the club.

Who is more dangerous? Someone who sees a fire starting in a building and tries to warn everyone or someone who sees it starting and tells everyone to calm down, to have faith that it won't spread and tries to personally attack anyone who is worried the building might burn?

The club is on a downward spiral and it's plain to see. Happy Clappers will have us in the championship again next year telling us to stop worrying, we'll easily walk the league and go straight back to third in the premiership.

We have a big big problem here and it needs addressing sooner rather than later.

We won't be promoted because of how the fans react and we won't stay in the championship because of how the fans react. Moaning or happy clapping on Facebook, Twitter or KB hasn't achieved anything apart from spark some debate.

The thought that we are where we are because of too much happy clapping or foaming is just ****ing stupid.

Blame Budge, Neilson or the players sure blame the fans for having one opinion or another. Mental.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Sertse said:

And you don't think football has changed since then? Let me tell you, the other clubs aren't sitting holding third place there for us. He's playing shite football tactics. Same thing week in week out. Nobody is scared to play us. That shows whatever he had isn't working now.

Why weren't Dundee United upset when he left?

He us 1st now, time will tell. 

I have no idea, Hearts fans weren't upset when Robbie left first time either and you've just highlighted how that worked out! 

Why would folk be scared to play us? 

Teams shouldn't be scared of another team. 

The tactics are a concern, starting Naismith over walker atm is just annoying. 

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I love biscuits. Lockdown has been cruel to my waistline

:sob:

It’s certainly a challenge. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

We won't be promoted because of how the fans react and we won't stay in the championship because of how the fans react. Moaning or happy clapping on Facebook, Twitter or KB hasn't achieved anything apart from spark some debate.

The thought that we are where we are because of too much happy clapping or foaming is just ****ing stupid.

Blame Budge, Neilson or the players sure blame the fans for having one opinion or another. Mental.

I blame it on the boogie. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The tactics when we get promoted will almost certainly be different to combat the better teams in that league. 3 holding midfielders and no striker should see us top 6. 

Did he ever do that first time round or even v Celtic and Hibs this season? 

Some think that because they pay 10 pounds to FoH their posts on an internet forum are like a voice in the boardroom.

Your moaning or clapping on an internet forum doesn't change or effect anything in the real world.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What’s even more galling than that is that he has came out in the press saying no one has any “god given right” to win games in this league 

Ok Robbie - if by that you mean that the players are turning up to win games and relying on an act of god to do it, I would wholeheartedly agree 

When the excuses start, and the blinkers get put on, that’s when you really worry 

39 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Sensationalist nonsense. We're not top because other teams are playing shite, we're top because we've won 12 out of 18 games and lost only 3. Also, it is a hugely competitive league and any team can take points off each other, so by us being more consistent we have opened up a lead. I'm disappointed with several of the performances and frustrated we aren't ahead by more, but we're hardly on a downward spiral as a club!! Let's see how things pan out when we're promoted before we start pishing ourselves.

:cornette:Hugely competitive league!?! No sure if serious. If so aye your right for Alloa and Arbroath! 

38 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Time and time again I see people posting 'we're still top' or 'we still got the points' or 'we'll still get promoted'.

If we perform like this in the premiership, we're going straight back to the championship.

The 'happy clapper' crowd are happy with papering over the cracks and have the cheek to say people voicing their concern don't support the club.

Who is more dangerous? Someone who sees a fire starting in a building and tries to warn everyone or someone who sees it starting and tells everyone to calm down, to have faith that it won't spread and tries to personally attack anyone who is worried the building might burn?

The club is on a downward spiral and it's plain to see. Happy Clappers will have us in the championship again next year telling us to stop worrying, we'll easily walk the league and go straight back to third in the premiership.

We have a big big problem here and it needs addressing sooner rather than later.

Don't know what forum you are reading mate. 

It's not being a 'happy clapper' to state we will likely get promoted. 

At the same time I think there is almost unanimous concern at the way the team is playing. 

If we approach next season in the same way as this we will come straight back down. 

We are however capable of much better, I think there is an attitude problem with this group of players which is where the management team are failing, along with safety first tactics. 

5 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

https://giphy.com/gifs/Skrz-cz-yes-cheerful-skrzcz-coC4WbkeHq3PipP2Ry

One more transfer window and playing in the top league will solve everything. 

Good times are just around the corner. 

3 times he changed the formation (forget the tactics) in the ICT game. He Tinkers with the side time and time again. It just isn’t working. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Don't know what forum you are reading mate. 

It's not being a 'happy clapper' to state we will likely get promoted. 

At the same time I think there is almost unanimous concern at the way the team is playing. 

If we approach next season in the same way as this we will come straight back down. 

We are however capable of much better, I think there is an attitude problem with this group of players which is where the management team are failing, along with safety first tactics. 

This isn't directed at everyone on the forum by a long shot, just the few who I described and a lot of the people on Hearts pages on social media telling everyone worried to shut up because they're 'not real hearts supporters' or whatever.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Irony alert. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, we've been on a downward spiral since Robbie left first time round.!

Many had bleeding eyes at the standard of football RN was purveying when he left. I'd make the argument that this was the start of the downward spiral.

At least folk have learned a lesson from that and giving the guy who had/ has us-

1st

3rd

Left in second 

1st

A second chance to build somthing similar......

The style of football is indeed very similar. Leveinball or Robbieball, same thing imo.

Your post above proves that the only time we were in improvement or around our league ambitions in recent times was.... Under ****ing Robbie.- the guy you want replaced! 

You've just stated the most obvious case for giving Robbie time, he's the last manager to have us improving and not in decline! 

You can't make that shit up Tbh, well done tho. 

You've just highlighted the case for giving Robbie time and not changing managers constantly without even knowing it! 

😭😭😭

But we don't change managers constantly. We hold on to them for too long.

The Levein experience has scarred us and given what is being offered up at the moment it seems nothing has really changed.

Bottom line is that I, and I imagine a lot more people too, were thoroughly underwhelmed by RNs appointment and are now seeing their fears realised by such insipid performances and lack of tactical nous, or motivational leadership from the manager and coaching staff.

But given the previous experiences re managerial turnover under this board, it seems like we will be saddled with the incumbent regardless.

Pretty sure everyone would love it if RN was putting a side out that played fast, attractive, attacking football, something this squad is more than capable of. Something that seems to be an anathema to Leveinball purists in our management set up.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Boris said:

Many had bleeding eyes at the standard of football RN was purveying when he left. I'd make the argument that this was the start of the downward spiral.

The style of football is indeed very similar. Leveinball or Robbieball, same thing imo.

But we don't change managers constantly. We hold on to them for too long.

The Levein experience has scarred us and given what is being offered up at the moment it seems nothing has really changed.

Bottom line is that I, and I imagine a lot more people too, were thoroughly underwhelmed by RNs appointment and are now seeing their fears realised by such insipid performances and lack of tactical nous, or motivational leadership from the manager and coaching staff.

But given the previous experiences re managerial turnover under this board, it seems like we will be saddled with the incumbent regardless.

Pretty sure everyone would love it if RN was putting a side out that played fast, attractive, attacking football, something this squad is more than capable of. Something that seems to be an anathema to Leveinball purists in our management set up.

Style.. 

I'm not debating style or Leveinball. 

Nonsense talk imo. 

Also, Meant to add, on Robbies last game I think we beat rangers 2-0. 

You went away from that game thinking "that's us on a downward spiral, one that will last years?" 

Edited by Smith's right boot

39 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I think it is widely known that Levein, unfortunately, had a big part in us eventually being relegated. That situation has been resolved and we are now going to be promoted, with a manager who has previously got us promoted and taken us to third in the Premiership and got us to a cup final now in charge. I will wait and see how it pans out before I started losing the plot. I'm not happy with performances and expected it to be easier but I am going to reserve judgement for now. Apologies to all those who this has offended but I'm not changing my opinion yet.

Same here 

19 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Gotcha  

I don't know what style of football we will play when in the Premiership but I certainly hope it will be better than the current "vintage". What I do know is that most teams won't dig in with 10/11 men behind the ball in a lot of the games. I'm also sure that there will be players leaving and better ones brought in at the end of this season, and with Savage's contacts I hope they will be of a good standard. Being in the Championship can drag you down to their level and is a bit of a war of attrition. I'm going to wait and see how things look next season thanks.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Style.. 

I'm not debating style or Leveinball. 

Nonsense talk imo. 

Even though a few posts up you said tactics are a concern.

Make your mind up!

Fxxx the SPFL
51 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The happy clappers are losers who haven't played any sports  in thier sad lives ,

They have no standards hence the reason they accept yet never question any decisions by the club. 

Lucky enough in the real world I don't know many with such low expectations for Hearts .

what a load of pish you spout i'm not happy with some results however we are top of the league and will win it and hopefully make decent signings in the summer. i would probably class myself as a happy clapper and actually played semi professional football so stop slavering crap. you should have been around and saw us play in the 1970's that was garbage most of the time hence us getting relegated back then.

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I think it is widely known that Levein, unfortunately, had a big part in us eventually being relegated. That situation has been resolved and we are now going to be promoted, with a manager who has previously got us promoted and taken us to third in the Premiership and got us to a cup final now in charge. I will wait and see how it pans out before I started losing the plot. I'm not happy with performances and expected it to be easier but I am going to reserve judgement for now. Apologies to all those who this has offended but I'm not changing my opinion yet.

Fair. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Make your mind up!

Yeah, playing Naismith over walker atm is baffling. 

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

what a load of pish you spout i'm not happy with some results however we are top of the league and will win it and hopefully make decent signings in the summer. i would probably class myself as a happy clapper and actually played semi professional football so stop slavering crap. you should have been around and saw us play in the 1970's that was garbage most of the time hence us getting relegated back then.

He's not worth responding too. 

Kennedy Bakircioglu
58 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The happy clappers are losers who haven't played any sports  in thier sad lives ,

They have no standards hence the reason they accept yet never question any decisions by the club. 

Lucky enough in the real world I don't know many with such low expectations for Hearts .

Go on. Tell us what sports you have played at an elite level.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Make your mind up!

I meant ask- on Robbies last game,, iirc beating rangers 2-0 and going 2nd, you went away thinking that's us in a downward spiral? 

If so, you Need to get in the stock market! 

44 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Exactly, "would you like another rich tea with that? The ladies team is doing well, don't you think?"

Could you give my feet a rub Robbie.

Craigy used to do it for me every Saturday teatime.

StevenNaismith

That’s a few times over the last few weeks that I’ve seen it mentioned on here that RN got us to a cup final. Wee bit of perspective needed here. There’s not a hope in hell that the squad we had last season would’ve beaten Rangers in the cup had RN been in charge. We only beat them cos we had a go. RN would’ve set the team up negatively to keep us in the game for as long as possible.

Enjoyed the game last night.

Looked forward to it all week and it's a shame we couldn't finish the chances created again. 

Looking forward to next week now.

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He us 1st now, time will tell. 

I have no idea, Hearts fans weren't upset when Robbie left first time either and you've just highlighted how that worked out! 

Why would folk be scared to play us? 

Teams shouldn't be scared of another team. 

The tactics are a concern, starting Naismith over walker atm is just annoying. 

Careful now.....You're close to dissent and insubordination!

Dear Ann and sweet Robbie will not be happy with you....And it will be the naughty step!

You just stick to the Neilson propaganda stuff....At least we know where we stand with you!

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

We aren't back in the Premiership yet.

Our situation is reminiscent of last season when we were bottom of the league and the happy smilers weren't worried because we had players to escape the drop. You can hear the same comments now about us winning the league.

Craig Gordon's after match remarks about being fed up hearing how we had the players were refreshing. 

Mesmerising how Walker/Irving/Haring can't get a start.

Tokyo Drifter

I've been concerned for a while now that we could come straight back down, assuming we win the title this season and are promoted.

Thought Stevo's comments mid-week were on the money - he asked how many of this Hearts squad are actually Premiership quality players? Boyce, Naismith, Smith, Gordon, Kingsley and Walker for sure - though they all featured in a team that was one of the worst in the league last season - but even guys like Irving and McEneff are unproven in the top league. As for Kastaneer, Roberts, Frear, Henderson ... I don't think so.

That means we have nine games to improve them and make them gel as a team, or there's going to be (yet another) rebuilding session over the summer. And we all know how they usually turn out.

2 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I've been concerned for a while now that we could come straight back down, assuming we win the title this season and are promoted.

Thought Stevo's comments mid-week were on the money - he asked how many of this Hearts squad are actually Premiership quality players? Boyce, Naismith, Smith, Gordon, Kingsley and Walker for sure - though they all featured in a team that was one of the worst in the league last season - but even guys like Irving and McEneff are unproven in the top league. As for Kastaneer, Roberts, Frear, Henderson ... I don't think so.

That means we have nine games to improve them and make them gel as a team, or there's going to be (yet another) rebuilding session over the summer. And we all know how they usually turn out.

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I meant ask- on Robbies last game,, iirc beating rangers 2-0 and going 2nd, you went away thinking that's us in a downward spiral? 

If so, you Need to get in the stock market! 

That 2nd place was a false position in a way as both Rangers and Aberdeen had several games in hand.  I would say the downward spiral started when Robbie started signing shite like Sammon and we got pumped out of Europe by a Maltese pub side. 

42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Did he ever do that first time round or even v Celtic and Hibs this season? 

I was joking.  I’m fed up but I do realise we’ll never play without at least one striker. 

44 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Some think that because they pay 10 pounds to FoH their posts on an internet forum are like a voice in the boardroom.

Your moaning or clapping on an internet forum doesn't change or effect anything in the real world.

Lol. Who thinks that? Put some examples up so we can all join in the fun. 

16 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Could you give my feet a rub Robbie.

Craigy used to do it for me every Saturday teatime.

It went further than just a foot rub sometimes, bunion sucking as a special treat. 

29 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I don't know what style of football we will play when in the Premiership but I certainly hope it will be better than the current "vintage". What I do know is that most teams won't dig in with 10/11 men behind the ball in a lot of the games. I'm also sure that there will be players leaving and better ones brought in at the end of this season, and with Savage's contacts I hope they will be of a good standard. Being in the Championship can drag you down to their level and is a bit of a war of attrition. I'm going to wait and see how things look next season thanks.

The thing about teams digging in and making it hard is a bit of a red herring at times. When teams have a go we look even worse. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Sounds like the ‘we’re only 8 points of fourth’ CL gang. CL and RN are as proactive as each other. Hugely competitive league my ****ing arse.  

On the contrary what that proves is how important points in the bank are.

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Sensationalist nonsense. We're not top because other teams are playing shite, we're top because we've won 12 out of 18 games and lost only 3. Also, it is a hugely competitive league and any team can take points off each other, so by us being more consistent we have opened up a lead. I'm disappointed with several of the performances and frustrated we aren't ahead by more, but we're hardly on a downward spiral as a club!! Let's see how things pan out when we're promoted before we start pishing ourselves.

Hugely competitive league 🤣🤣🤣

Every team in it is pure shit, including us. 

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Very well put. Apathy is a massive problem within our support and you highlight it perfectly. For all we hate Celtic and Rangers the one thing you can say about their supporters and club boards is that they are not apathetic.

Just now, David McCaig said:

On the contrary what that proves is how important points in the bank are.

Nobody is saying points in the bank aren’t vital. My point, which was probably poorly made, is that we have had successive managers who have made obvious mistakes, game after game, for long periods of time and have supporters who think this is fine. 

An example of this would be the ridiculous formation that RN is so reluctant to change which sees us with two holding midfelders and one striker in an extremely poor league. Worked fine for a while but we became too predictable and our poor wing play made us easy to defend against. The solution to this? More of the same. 

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hugely competitive league 🤣🤣🤣

Every team in it is pure shit, including us. 

If everyone's shit does that not make it competitive.... 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody is saying points in the bank aren’t vital. My point, which was probably poorly made, is that we have had successive managers who have made obvious mistakes, game after game, for long periods of time and have supporters who think this is fine. 

An example of this would be the ridiculous formation that RN is so reluctant to change which sees us with two holding midfelders and one striker in an extremely poor league. Worked fine for a while but we became too predictable and our poor wing play made us easy to defend against. The solution to this? More of the same. 

Correct. 

Most teams have a plan B. 

We don't and it looks too difficult to try and figure one out. 

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

To be fair the only happy clappers are on kickback.🤣

Some people are just defending recent events out of pure devilment. If the last five games haven’t shown everyone that things need to change on the pitch and they aren’t going to fix themselves, then they haven’t watched them. It’s that simple. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Correct. 

Most teams have a plan B. 

We don't and it looks too difficult to try and figure one out. 

If Smith and Naismith are out it might force his hand. 

Jeffros Furios
39 minutes ago, Kennedy Bakircioglu said:

Go on. Tell us what sports you have played at an elite level.

Who mentioned elite level? 

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Hibs, Dundee Utd and the Hun have all been relegated in recent years and have all failed to get out of this league at the first time of asking. In part dictated by the unique circumstances of "premiership" clubs being in the same league but this league is not as easy as some make out. It should be, but isn't. 

This league is a glorified pub league - the problem is Hearts are continually outfought & out thought by teams like Dunfermline who "boasted" a midfield of two loanees & a guy who was playing 3rd tier "football" the season before. A Hearts team who got run ragged by a 35 YO overweight has been  at Dundee. This league doesn't have Rangers , Hibs and a full time QoS like last time (they were a very good side IMO). It's nowhere near the standard of last time (and neither is this Hearts team). So many bang average players going through the motions who just aren't going to cut it next season. 

The league's in the bag - even this lot won't feck it up but it reeks of complacency.  As for next season - how "competitive do you think the Prem is ?  There's a terrifying lack of pace & power , will to win in this team (look at last night, the last 10 minutes "have a go" approach  , yet again).

This is a club that has been in steady decline for years (see previous post here for league finishes) and while you can't blame RN for that you have to ask how we've now reached a point where we're "competitive" in the 2nd tier - cause make no mistake , that's the standard this club is at now. 

Gordon Ramsay

People making excuses for Neilson do not watch the games.

You could see how bad Stevenson and McFadden thought we were over the last few weeks. Its not just folk on here who think we're pish, it's anyone who has a semblance of footballing knowledge.

Jeffros Furios
43 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

As I said low standards .

• davemclaren locked this topic