Happy Clappers

Sertse

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Sensationalist nonsense. We're not top because other teams are playing shite, we're top because we've won 12 out of 18 games and lost only 3. Also, it is a hugely competitive league and any team can take points off each other, so by us being more consistent we have opened up a lead. I'm disappointed with several of the performances and frustrated we aren't ahead by more, but we're hardly on a downward spiral as a club!! Let's see how things pan out when we're promoted before we start pishing ourselves.

One of the commentators last night said everyone expected us to take this league by storm, everyone including us fans thought we would walk the league like last time blowing clubs away. With our players and resources this SHOULD be happening but it's not! Yes we are top but as every week passes we are showing no fight or desire to win games and our lead will slowly decrease. Our only saving grace is teams below us are all of a similar standard and will take points off each other and we can only hope none of them go on a run or winning streak.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• The Grim Reaper

• Jambos_1874

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

People making excuses for Neilson do not watch the games.

You could see how bad Stevenson and McFadden thought we were over the last few weeks. Its not just folk on here who think we're pish, it's anyone who has a semblance of footballing knowledge.

Yes and thats them being polite!

Happy I'm not sure how anybody can be happy we are chronic to watch regardless of if we come up or not.Said on another thread Robbie first time had a bit of a swagger about him a confidence in his tactics and beliefs even if others never.Now I don't think he has confidence in his own tactics it's all hopefully it will turn around which is the talk you here from a team struggling not one that is top.

Hearts are playing pish against pishy teams in a pishy league.

Some of the players in the pishy teams we are playing, football isn't even their main job.   Let that sink in.

The Grim Reaper
13 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

People making excuses for Neilson do not watch the games.

You could see how bad Stevenson and McFadden thought we were over the last few weeks. Its not just folk on here who think we're pish, it's anyone who has a semblance of footballing knowledge.

SRB is on here 24/7 arguing, fighting, belittling people and then disappears for 90 minutes while the match is on.

Reappears after seeing we’re now 12 points clear to tell everyone everything is wonderful. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I was joking.  I’m fed up but I do realise we’ll never play without at least one striker. 

I get it, frustrated. 

We'll get promoted tho. 

Real work starts in the summer and we can't be doing this shit again, ever. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

SRB is on here 24/7 arguing, fighting, belittling people and then disappears for 90 minutes while the match is on.

Reappears after seeing we’re now 12 points clear to tell everyone everything is wonderful. 

I'm not going to indulge you to the insight of my Friday night. 

The last point is a lie. 

I've never said everything is wonderful. 

Why lie? It's not a nice trait.

Don't make shit up, pointless. 

I wouldn’t mind dropping points this season if the circumstances were right. 

When Falkirk beat us in 2015, they fully merited it and we responded by winning the next ten on the bounce. 

But what’s happening here is that we are not outplaying teams, we are not dominating them, we are doing the bare minimum which isn’t even enough sometimes. 

I actually think we’re playing similarly to how Celtic have this season. 

We might only be 6 points clear by next Saturday, with 27 points to play for, could end up being very tight.

Not exactly cruising it or guaranteed promotion.

pretty poor in this pretty poor league

There is a difference between a happy clapper and saying least we are 12 points clear all about getting promoted. We need a rebuild in the summer. We are an old team and definitely need youngest legs 

The Grim Reaper
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not going to indulge you to the insight of my Friday night. 

The last point is a lie. 

I've never said everything is wonderful. 

Why lie? It's not a nice trait.

Don't make shit up, pointless. 

Did you honestly watch the match last night? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, The Grim Reaper said:

Did you honestly watch the match last night? 

Yip. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Time and time again I see people posting 'we're still top' or 'we still got the points' or 'we'll still get promoted'.

We're top because other teams are playing shite.

We have to scrape points every time.

Guaranteed promotion looks less likely every single week.

If we perform like this in the premiership, we're going straight back to the championship.

The 'happy clapper' crowd are happy with papering over the cracks and have the cheek to say people voicing their concern don't support the club.

Who is more dangerous? Someone who sees a fire starting in a building and tries to warn everyone or someone who sees it starting and tells everyone to calm down, to have faith that it won't spread and tries to personally attack anyone who is worried the building might burn?

The club is on a downward spiral and it's plain to see. Happy Clappers will have us in the championship again next year telling us to stop worrying, we'll easily walk the league and go straight back to third in the premiership.

We have a big big problem here and it needs addressing sooner rather than later.

Okay genius,in the middle of a season what do you suggest? You're fully of belly aching whining but entirely devoid of potential solutions. 

The Grim Reaper
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

And just happened to be off KB for that 90 minutes. The only 90 minutes you’ve not been on here all week. I don’t believe you. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I wouldn’t mind dropping points this season if the circumstances were right. 

When Falkirk beat us in 2015, they fully merited it and we responded by winning the next ten on the bounce. 

But what’s happening here is that we are not outplaying teams, we are not dominating them, we are doing the bare minimum which isn’t even enough sometimes. 

I actually think we’re playing similarly to how Celtic have this season. 

I'd argue were are out playing teams but we are generally starting to slow and in the last few games struggling to test the keeper, despite plenty of crosses and shots. 

We seem unable to score first lately. 

It's becoming a bit shit and causing us problems later in the game. 

22 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

One of the commentators last night said everyone expected us to take this league by storm, everyone including us fans thought we would walk the league like last time blowing clubs away. With our players and resources this SHOULD be happening but it's not! Yes we are top but as every week passes we are showing no fight or desire to win games and our lead will slowly decrease. Our only saving grace is teams below us are all of a similar standard and will take points off each other and we can only hope none of them go on a run or winning streak.

I'm pretty sure that Dodds and McFadden were stating that this is a difficult league and we can't just expect to win every game and blow teams away. I think that is fair. Also, I'm sick of people saying that it's a pub league. For the umpteenth time, I am not happy with our form or how we've played at times, but equally we are top and will be promoted. I don't expect some magical renaissance when we reach the Premiership but I will reserve full judgement to then. 

2 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Sensationalist nonsense. We're not top because other teams are playing shite, we're top because we've won 12 out of 18 games and lost only 3. Also, it is a hugely competitive league and any team can take points off each other, so by us being more consistent we have opened up a lead. I'm disappointed with several of the performances and frustrated we aren't ahead by more, but we're hardly on a downward spiral as a club!! Let's see how things pan out when we're promoted before we start pishing ourselves.

Competitive league?

Our wage bill must be close to the rest of the league combined.  Naismith's will be paid more than most team's starting 11 combined.

We should be cruising this league, but we're not and most of the players don't appear to care.  Very worrying. 

14 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

No idea what SRB does but I try not to post on here during a match as I find it distracting and the goals pop up before they have happened on the stream. 

Bazzas right boot

And just happened to be off KB for that 90 minutes. The only 90 minutes you’ve not been on here all week. I don’t believe you. 

I don't care. 

You've been proven above to tell lies, I don't care what you think. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Yoda said:

Competitive league?

Our wage bill must be close to the rest of the league combined.  Naismith's will be paid more than most team's starting 11 combined.

We should be cruising this league, but we're not and most of the players don't appear to care.  Very worrying. 

Another one that thinks football is played on a spreadsheet. 

With the same train of thought celtic should have beat us 7-0 in the final and if they did you'd be OK with that. 

We are cruising the league, we're 4 wins clear with 9 to play. 

I don't care. 

Funnily enough, many think the same about you after wanting Hibs to win a cup final.

🤣

The Grim Reaper
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't care. 

FFS 😂

Troll on mate. 

I take offence to the term 'Happy Clapper'.  Not jumping on Social media a nano second after a game ranting that everyone at the club needs to go does not mean anyone is happy.    I am as annoyed, upset, hacked off as everyone after poor performances but I want to have constructive debate about what's wrong here and there.  The manager is her until the end of the season at least.  The players are here until teh summer.  We have what we have and the objective is to win the league.  Once we achieve that (hopefully) we then look at what we need for next season.  Then will be the time to debate who should come and go.  My take on last night, the two wingers do not work, they did better when they tucked inside.  GMS started to look a player.  Naismith is past his best.  I would have walker and the big man starting before Naismith and Kastneer.  

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

FFS 😂

Troll on mate. 

"Troll on" from a guy enquiring about my Friday nights, telling lies about what I've said and then saying I don't believe I watched the game. 

I'll crack the jokes. 👍

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I take offence to the term 'Happy Clapper'.  Not jumping on Social media a nano second after a game ranting that everyone at the club needs to go does not mean anyone is happy.    I am as annoyed, upset, hacked off as everyone after poor performances but I want to have constructive debate about what's wrong here and there.  The manager is her until the end of the season at least.  The players are here until teh summer.  We have what we have and the objective is to win the league.  Once we achieve that (hopefully) we then look at what we need for next season.  Then will be the time to debate who should come and go.  My take on last night, the two wingers do not work, they did better when they tucked inside.  GMS started to look a player.  Naismith is past his best.  I would have walker and the big man starting before Naismith and Kastneer.  

Naismith is a concern now. 

I hope he can prove his worth in the bigger games, but he adds nothing atm. 

The Grim Reaper

"Troll on" from a guy enquiring about my Friday nights, telling lies about what I've said and then saying I don't believe I watched the game. 

I'll crack the jokes. 👍

You’re insane. 

Enjoy the good times while they’re here. 12 points clear, unbeaten in 6 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Good post and largely sums up my thoughts.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Funnily enough, many think the same about you after wanting Hibs to win a cup final.

🤣

I never said I wanted Hibs to win anything. 

But if that's funny, fair doos. 

Bazzas right boot

You’re insane. 

Enjoy the good times while they’re here. 12 points clear, unbeaten in 6 👍🏻

That's the spirit. 

2 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Our form since the turn of the year had been less than impressive. You will get a "hugely competitive league" if most of the clubs have roughly the same finances because you will get roughly the same standard of players playing for the same wages. Our financial muscle, wage bill etc will dwarf every other club in this league. At this level we should not be finding this level of opposition " hugely competitive".

The Grim Reaper
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea what SRB does but I try not to post on here during a match as I find it distracting and the goals pop up before they have happened on the stream. 

All the goals 😀

10 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

good post and I tend to agree.

Naismith it has to be said is a real worry. 

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's the spirit. 

Watch the next game. Then come on here and give your opinion. 

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Why does is bother you? If there are people out there that are positive and a bit more easily pleased then others. Who gives a shit and who are you to tell them they’re wrong?

The same goes for the depressing army of doom-merchants. The guys who want Robbie gone and then as soon as the new manager is in will immediately round on him too. 

It’s an opinion.

Correct. That's what forums are for.....airing your views for a bit healthy debate.

10 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Our form since the turn of the year had been less than impressive. You will get a "hugely competitive league" if most of the clubs have roughly the same finances because you will get roughly the same standard of players playing for the same wages. Our financial muscle, wage bill etc will dwarf every other club in this league. At this level we should not be finding this level of opposition " hugely competitive".

Yep. I agree we have no divine right to win every game but with our squad and massive budget advantage we really should be winning most games comfortably. I accept the odd blip where we batter a team for 90mins but just can't get through. What I don't accept is it happening every week. 

26 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

There is a difference between a happy clapper and saying least we are 12 points clear all about getting promoted. We need a rebuild in the summer. We are an old team and definitely need youngest legs 

We'll still have the same poor manager though. So nothing will improve, no matter who we sign on the playing side.

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't care. 

You tell lies as well.

I'm generally a happy clapper!

But...

Last night was thinking I'd see the sense in 4231/4141 with a solid setup etc if there was a plan. So, we could play any style and win the league but we're at the same time trying to develop our style for next season too.

Issue is, the style is shit. Most of the teams next season will play how the champ teams do. But be better at it!

To me it feels a bit like we're being shown a glimpse into the future. We'll not be relefmgated next season, we may even be top 6, but it's going to be eye bleeding.

I mean, Jamie Walker is the biggest threat we have week after week, the one who makes runs into the box with and without the ball. And he doesn't have a clue how to use him so he spends most his time on the bench.

Naismith is one of the best Scottish strikers of a generation and yes he's at the end of his career but we're playing him CM and RM!!!!!!!

Boyce is a penalty box striker who 100% plays best in a partnership, but he plays alone (ahem, Naismith...).

Even though our FBs don't seem to have license to bomb forward, we play with 2 wingers week after week and offer them zero support.

None of it adds up. It's a solid shape, the end. But then teams still make easy chances because we don't play with aggression on or off the ball, which is more important than any shape.

Faddy said it last night, there's no flow or fluency to our game. We're so disjointed. Each player is his own department.

Its not good to watch. There is a shitload of work to do.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Gary Locke would get this team promoted but it doesn’t mean he is the right man for the SPL. 

Same applies to Robbie. 

We appoint a new man for the Premiership. Immediately or more likely after a few months or when we find ourselves at the wrong end of the league again playing negative eye-bleeding football.

The new man will of course want his own players and rebuild the squad, pretty much from scratch when he sees what he has inherited. 

He will need two,  probably  three transfer windows and two full pre-seasons before we can judge him.

Our track record on recruitment of both coaches and players in recent years suggests the cycle will likely have be repeated a few times before we (maybe) get lucky. 

Surely this season was an opportunity to bring in a manager to build a team for next season so we hit the Premiership ground running. Instead we focus on the short term and go for a supposed Championship specialist.

It is the Levein/Budge model.  A continuation of the Five Year "Plan".

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

As I said low standards .

go back and read your original post you stated 'haven't played any sport in their sad lives' what a crock of pish.

17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'm generally a happy clapper!

But...

Last night was thinking I'd see the sense in 4231/4141 with a solid setup etc if there was a plan. So, we could play any style and win the league but we're at the same time trying to develop our style for next season too.

Issue is, the style is shit. Most of the teams next season will play how the champ teams do. But be better at it!

To me it feels a bit like we're being shown a glimpse into the future. We'll not be relefmgated next season, we may even be top 6, but it's going to be eye bleeding.

I mean, Jamie Walker is the biggest threat we have week after week, the one who makes runs into the box with and without the ball. And he doesn't have a clue how to use him so he spends most his time on the bench.

Naismith is one of the best Scottish strikers of a generation and yes he's at the end of his career but we're playing him CM and RM!!!!!!!

Boyce is a penalty box striker who 100% plays best in a partnership, but he plays alone (ahem, Naismith...).

Even though our FBs don't seem to have license to bomb forward, we play with 2 wingers week after week and offer them zero support.

None of it adds up. It's a solid shape, the end. But then teams still make easy chances because we don't play with aggression on or off the ball, which is more important than any shape.

Faddy said it last night, there's no flow or fluency to our game. We're so disjointed. Each player is his own department.

Its not good to watch. There is a shitload of work to do.

Nail and head. When they scored last night I wasn’t even surprised.

I just kind of sighed and thought.

“Ah well, 80 mins to get an equaliser”

No aggression in midfield, no protection for the defence from midfield, no support for the forwards from midfield.

Strikers have to come deep for the ball because of the midfield.

Our fullbacks aren’t getting forward, our crossing/corners/set pieces are poor so strikers are starved of service.

Both Kingsley & Smith have been poor for weeks. 
GMS, last night at least looked to get forward and we just don’t have the players who want the ball. (Maceneff, hopefully will be another)

3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Stopped reading at hugely competitive league. 

That was the line that got me too. 😂

We're a very poor team managed by someone who has very little clue what he's doing. He can't organise a defence, cannot motivate players, cannot get them playing well and is hopeless at signing players. 

If we do get promoted, it'll be inspite of Neilson and not because of him. We have a huge advantage in terms of resources and we still can't manage a decent performance.

I understand that it must be hard to get guys to sign for us in the 3rd rate bullshit league we're in but we must have been expecting better performances and results than we're getting. We'll stick with the club like we always do but RN football sucks.

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I never said I wanted Hibs to win anything.

You definitely said them winning was a “decent outcome”.

Not words a Hearts fan would say.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, smiler said:

This.

Governor Tarkin
54 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣

Unforgivable imo.

3 minutes ago, smiler said:

Correct.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, smiler said:

They would be if the Hearts fan in question dislikes rangers more. 

It's not a head scratcher. 

You can  support Hearts and dislike a team more than Hibs. 

Why that explodes people's minds is beyond me. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Unforgivable imo.

Correct.

Rangers getting beat is always a decent outcome in my book. 

Always will be. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I get it, frustrated. 

We'll get promoted tho. 

Real work starts in the summer and we can't be doing this shit again, ever. 

That's one of the major problems though,do you have any faith in this Board to make you think we will not be in this mess again. They have lurched from one cock up to the next.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Rangers getting beat is always a decent outcome in my book. 

Always will be. 

Likewise. Any team that humps them is okay to me.

• davemclaren locked this topic