Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• The Grim Reaper

• Jambos_1874

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Another one that thinks football is played on a spreadsheet. 

With the same train of thought celtic should have beat us 7-0 in the final and if they did you'd be OK with that. 

We are cruising the league, we're 4 wins clear with 9 to play. 

Yes, Celtic should be beating us easily with their bigger resources, but when they have a crap manager like Lennon, who's lost the dressing room, the games are closer.  When we have a team that's up for it, then we can and do beat them.  When Celtic get a decent manager in, they'll be back to beating teams comfortably again.

Back to us.  We are not cruising this league, we are stumbling towards the title and it could do down to the wire.  With the exception of the first Dundee game and RR away, we've scrapped through games. We have a lot to thank Craig Gordon & Liam Boyce.

This isn't good enough.

3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Stopped reading at hugely competitive league. 

To be fair, the fact that none of the teams below us can put together a decent run suggests that it is a competitive league.

But it’s competitive at a very, very shite level.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nah. 😎

Anyone who thinks different is in the minority. You only need to have attended matches between us and Celtic, Hibs and Rangers to know this. 😎

Edited by GinRummy

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Style.. 

I'm not debating style or Leveinball. 

Nonsense talk imo. 

Also, Meant to add, on Robbies last game I think we beat rangers 2-0. 

You went away from that game thinking "that's us on a downward spiral, one that will last years?" 

Why are you obsessing over Robbie's last spell as Manager ? 

It's irrelevant as to how his team are performing now. 

They are producing negative boring side to side football are sloppy in defence and appear uninterested. 

The management team are responsible for tactics and getting the best out of players. 

They are all responsible for this malaise. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, luckydug said:

Why are you obsessing over Robbie's last spell as Manager ? 

It's irrelevant as to how his team are performing now. 

They are producing negative boring side to side football are sloppy in defence and appear uninterested. 

The management team are responsible for tactics and getting the best out of players. 

They are all responsible for this malaise. 

I was replying to a poster who thought the downward spiral started with him. 

Disagree with the rest, hyperbole imo. 

Jeffros Furios
40 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

go back and read your original post you stated 'haven't played any sport in their sad lives' what a crock of pish.

Angry man

Edited by Jeffros Furios
pish

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Anyone who thinks different is in the minority. You only need to have attended matches between us and Celtic, Hibs and Rangers to know this. 😎

I’m comfortable being in a minority. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Perhaps you’re not in a minority.

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Celtic, Hibs then Rangers is the correct order of hatred/dislike.  

100% 

Celtic, Hibs, St Mirren, Rangers 

Jeffros Furios
32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They would be if the Hearts fan in question dislikes rangers more. 

It's not a head scratcher. 

You can  support Hearts and dislike a team more than Hibs. 

Why that explodes people's minds is beyond me. 

you cheered Hibs to winning the cup in a season they knocked us out .

Never a Hearts man .

8 minutes ago, leginten said:

Perhaps you’re not in a minority.

The poll doesn’t reflect real life. You can feel the hatred at the games. That’s all the proof needed. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So am I. 

Dont hate anyone but intense dislike for BOTH ugly sisters. 

Hibs are our local rivals we need them and they need us. 

Having said that I get very upset on the odd occasion we let them win😕

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The poll doesn’t reflect real life. You can feel the hatred at the games. That’s all the proof needed. 

The poll is six years old, and I think a lot of people’s attitudes will have changed in the meantime. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see our malodorous neighbours scoring a lot higher now.

2 minutes ago, leginten said:

The poll is six years old, and I think a lot of people’s attitudes will have changed in the meantime. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see our malodorous neighbours scoring a lot higher now.

I think that’s fair. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The happy clappers are losers who haven't played any sports  in thier sad lives ,

They have no standards hence the reason they accept yet never question any decisions by the club. 

Lucky enough in the real world I don't know many with such low expectations for Hearts .

Alternatively, anyone who has ever played top level sport, any sport, is concerned with one thing and one thing only. 

Win enough games/points to win league you are in. If you win league, you are happy, if you gain promotion then you are happy. If you play stylishly and don't win league or gain promotion, you are unhappy

We will see where we are at end of season. 

Gordon Ramsay
32 minutes ago, leginten said:

To be fair, the fact that none of the teams below us can put together a decent run suggests that it is a competitive league.

But it’s competitive at a very, very shite level.

My main gripe is that it shouldn't be a competitive league for us. 

We blow all other clubs out the water in terms of revenue and resource. We are miles ahead of anything they have to offer. Yet we stumble about every 90 mins not really looking like we have a clue what to do. 

For me saying it's a competitive league and including us in that narrative is just another excuse. It's the same as the others Robbie trots out - the pitch, injuries, referees - the same bullshit Levein fed us. 

We should be in a position similar to Rangers, miles ahead of the competition and looking like champions. We look anything but. 

Neil Dongcaster

We have a leadership team, a management team and a squad of players who have the most bland of personalities I think I’ve ever seen. 

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Ann Budge oozes boredom. I feel it just by looking at her.

You don't exactly ooze sunshine your self.

47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'd agree with that. And throw St midden into the mix too. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I’ve not really seen so many “happy clappers” this season as such, nobody’s been happy, to me the difference between the fans seems to be, folk who had high expectations that we had a “great squad that should not be in this league” vs folk who had low expectations realised that we still have a high number of shite players stuck under contract so, getting dragged over the line to a promotion was always on the cards. Thank god for Liam Boyce is all you can say. His goals have completely carried us. 

Happy clappers is such a rubbish phrase. The sort of talk you only ever see on internet forums or social media. 

Just because someone doesn't hold an extremely negative view of everything from Ann Budge to the price of a pie at Tynecastle does not make them a 'happy clapper'. Maybe they just get more enjoyment out of supporting Hearts by trying to be positive and, y'know, supporting their team. Some people in this world are glass half full types. Some are glass half empty types. That's life.

The idea that the people who are criticising everything right now are the only ones who can see what's really going on, while the 'happy clappers' are happy to sit back and watch Hearts struggle is just nonsense.

I am not impressed with how Hearts have played in the last month or so but I am not losing my mind over it either. Our form will pick up again and we will get promoted. How we do next season will depend a lot upon what happens in the summer.

I think it's fine for people to be unhappy/frustrated/whatever about the team's current form but, honestly, some of the stuff that has been said on here in the last week or two has been utterly ridiculous and way OTT. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

In order, Hibs, Celtic, Rangers ,St. Mirren and, now, Dundee make up my top 5 hate list.

Still can't believe what Dundee did last season. Not just that they were permitted to do so but that they chose to.

First opponents I saw Hearts play in 1975 and they've been in various states of doldrum since.

It's permanent, too.

WheatfieldWarrior
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

In this time, Hibs won the Scottish cup, sold Mcginn, who will one day soon make them several million and are now sitting pretty in the league.

The huns, by hook and crook are now back to being business as usual.

Hibs did get dumped out the cup by a lower league side.

Just now, martoon said:

In order, Hibs, Celtic, Rangers ,St. Mirren and, now, Dundee make up my top 5 hate list.

Still can't believe what Dundee did last season. Not just that they were permitted to do so but that they chose to.

First opponents I saw Hearts play in 1975 and they've been in various states of doldrum since.

It's permanent, too.

Nice list. Should be a standard and taught at gcse level. 

4 hours ago, Gambo said:

Competitive for others in this league, but should not be for us.

No offence, but thoughts like your post are becoming part of a serious problem we have at the club just now. The 3rd biggest club in the country and some are talking like St.Mirren/Dunfermline/ St.Johnstone fans. 

When did we as fans of the 3rd biggest club in the country set the bar so bloody low?

Absolutely. We are, or should be the 3rd biggest. Yet some fans think it is acceptable that second tier sides, with a fraction of the resource, and some not even full time, can compete with us. 

I don't think we're that bad, the problem and it's been the same issue for 2 seasons is centre back. It hasn't been fixed and hamstrings the whole team. 

From the keeper to the front players, there is zero confidence in any back 2 we've played since Jimmy Dunne left. 

It's been our Achilles heal again this season and easily spotted, it creates uncertainty in goal and gives the midfield no confidence in support attacks with the vigour required, we've been picked off at least once per game this season because of it. 

One dominant centre half would make a hell of a difference. We're easy to play and score against and until it's resolved nothing will change.  

4 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Hibs, Dundee Utd and the Hun have all been relegated in recent years and have all failed to get out of this league at the first time of asking. In part dictated by the unique circumstances of "premiership" clubs being in the same league but this league is not as easy as some make out. It should be, but isn't. 

And we laughed, at both Hibs and Rangers in particular.  

Regardless, that is a rubbish argument. It is like the Rangers once lost to Berwick Rangers, so it is OK that we lost to Alloa. 

Edited by Paolo

SomethingAboutObua

A lot of the blind faith fans can't separate the the club management from the team management from the players themselves. Every criticism is either taken as a criticism of the club as a whole and you're a Hibs interloper, or it's not Neilson/Budge/the players fault when you criticise another and you're a Hibs interloper.  

Accusing other fans of wanting the club to do badly is really getting on my tits. You can criticise the team and say you want Neilson and Budge out this summer without it meaning you want us playing in League One ffs.

Edited by SomethingAboutObua

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Irony alert. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, we've been on a downward spiral since Robbie left first time round.!

At least folk have learned a lesson from that and giving the guy who had/ has us-

1st

3rd

Left in second 

1st

A second chance to build somthing similar......

Your post above proves that the only time we were in improvement or around our league ambitions in recent times was.... Under ****ing Robbie.- the guy you want replaced! 

You've just stated the most obvious case for giving Robbie time, he's the last manager to have us improving and not in decline! 

You can't make that shit up Tbh, well done tho. 

You've just highlighted the case for giving Robbie time and not changing managers constantly without even knowing it! 

😭😭😭

You could also make a case that the 'Robbie Oot' brigade who hounded Robbie out of the club are are ultimately responsible for the downward spiral that led to our demotion to the championship.

SomethingAboutObua
4 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Hibs, Dundee Utd and the Hun have all been relegated in recent years and have all failed to get out of this league at the first time of asking. In part dictated by the unique circumstances of "premiership" clubs being in the same league but this league is not as easy as some make out. It should be, but isn't. 

All those teams struggled to get out with us, Hibs, Rangers, United, good Falkirk, Ayr, QoS, Dunfermline, Raith, Inverness sides. Our league this year has a surprisingly good Dunfermline and the rest are poor. This is far and away the weakest championship since we first dropped into it. 

4 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

You could also make a case that the 'Robbie Oot' brigade who hounded Robbie out of the club are are ultimately responsible for the downward spiral that led to our demotion to the championship.

Or you could argue that the Robbie Oot brigade showed remarkable perception of his limitations. 

Neil Dongcaster
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

They would be if the Hearts fan in question dislikes rangers more. 

It's not a head scratcher. 

You can  support Hearts and dislike a team more than Hibs. 

Why that explodes people's minds is beyond me. 

Only if the other team is Celtic. Even that goes out the wi Dow on derby day.

You are a troll. If you were overtly negative rather than positive you would be banned by now.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

PHM imo.

52 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That sweet, sweet, hatred.

:sweeet:

WheatfieldWarrior
27 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Or you could argue that the Robbie Oot brigade showed remarkable perception of his limitations. 

You'd need something to base that argument on of course.

Can’t stand anyone else in Scotland. Donated £10 to Inverness purely for Robbo if Robbo wasn’t the manager I wouldn’t give a toss even if they stood by us last season or not. 

But it’s definitely 

Celtic/Hibs joint first then Rangers for me . 

I think there scum the pair of them worked with a lot of Celtic and Hibs fans over the years and they think their something else. ( I don’t have any friends who support them ) 😂

37 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

No you couldn’t. Unless you think Robbie Neilson is the only manager capable of managing the third best financed club in Scotland. In which case, enjoy the rest of your day Mrs Neilson. 

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

The oot Brigade are definitely part of the problem. 

No manager has a chance to build, even one that is doing OK. 

Manky bedsheets, plane, phoodle 😭

5 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Sensationalist nonsense. We're not top because other teams are playing shite, we're top because we've won 12 out of 18 games and lost only 3. Also, it is a hugely competitive league and any team can take points off each other, so by us being more consistent we have opened up a lead. I'm disappointed with several of the performances and frustrated we aren't ahead by more, but we're hardly on a downward spiral as a club!! Let's see how things pan out when we're promoted before we start pishing ourselves.

Pish

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

you cheered Hibs to winning the cup in a season they knocked us out .

Never a Hearts man .

😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot

Folk are allowed different opinions on other teams tho. 

It shouldn't upset anyone else if it's different. 

WheatfieldWarrior
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've felt that the atmosphere has more bite in games vs Rangers in recent years, than Hibs tbh. in my part of the ground at least.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

I must be in the minority. Detest Celtic. I find our games against them toxic crowd wise. Then I'd put rangers before hibs. Maybe it's because we are from the same city but whenever we play hibs I'm desperate for us to beat them. Once that whistle goes at the end of the match that's it for me.  Have even met hibs supporting mates for a pint after derbies regardless of the result. I could never do the same with an old firm fan. Cant tar them all with the same brush but generally speaking, I find the majority have an arrogance and self entitlement to win every game. They both spew bile from the stands but Celtic definitely shade it for me 

17 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

You'd need something to base that argument on of course.

Possibly the obvious that almost every Championship manager has out thought him this season.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree. I couldn’t care less if somebody wanted rangers to lose a cup final against hibs. Doesn’t concern me in the slightest. 

its obvious who the fans hate the most when you’re in the stands and playing these sides. That is indisputable imo. Obviously there will be individuals who hate rangers more than Celtic etc for there own reasons. 

• davemclaren locked this topic