Cumdawg

Special Agent Dale Cooper

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

In this context I’d say it was an acceptable use of a colloquialism. 
You're in the clear this time. 

Entirely grateful.

Now, where was I?

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Nucky Thompson

• Unknown user

• Bongo 1874

Saint Jambo

When I saw this thread had been resurrected I assumed that he had only signed for Dundee for 6 months. Why else would we possibly be discussing him again. But no, signed until 2022.

He hasn't really turned out to be an upgrade on Sow for Dundee. Both scored the same number of goals, but Cummings has actually played more a few more minutes this season (it's marginal). Sow also chipped in with a couple of assists which Cummings hasn't. Dundee's points per game this season is also identical both before and after signing Cummings. Arguably, the only real impact he has made to Dundee since signing is to increase their wage bill significantly. I think we get the impression that he has made a huge impact because his profile means when he scores it tends to get headlined by journalists in a way other Championship players don't tend to.

I wouldn't be adverse to signing him as part of the squad, but doesn't really look like it is going to happen and that doesn't bother me either.

Shite player with a shite attitude.

Let's get him signed up on a 5 year contract.  :vrface:

BackOfTheNet
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

2 goals last night, 8 since he signed for Dundee while unfit.

We had the chance to sign him again, but Budge deemed him an unsuitable person :rofl:

Football is not her strong point

Cummings has scored 8 this season, Craig Wighton has scored 9. Maybe we’d be better going for Wighton?

I’m sure Cummings will score a lot more next season, as long as Dundee remain in the Championship. As that’s clearly his level.

gregzy2k7

Would rather have louis moult and devante cole to compete with boyce ,Gnando and henderson.

Cummings is a decent finisher but a complete bawbag of a guy, Boyce is lightyears ahead of him imo.

Shanks said no

If Dundee fail to get up and need to offload, he would be worth a try.

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

There is only one place Griffiths is heading for, should he remain in Scotland, and that is Leith. 

Or maybe Aberdeen. 

So that's two places. 

I expect you're right Jono but him coming to Tynie is pretty controversial. Many oh here would be greatly offended.  I don't mind him but I expect he would be reluctant to come here.

I'm a bit older than you and I clearly remember the consternation when Gordon Smith signed for Hearts.  Hibs supporters utterly incredulous and angry.

5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Not 'the night' which makes no sense. 

It's 'tonight.' 

Including the full stop. 

Now be a good lad and get to bed.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9529f37cdead6780f4255

Anyway. 

Scots - The nicht, Scottish-The night. 

English Boaby taker-Tonight. 

9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The resident Celticy guy has spoken :rofl:

The resident mouth breather has dribbled more guff. 

7 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

When I saw this thread had been resurrected I assumed that he had only signed for Dundee for 6 months. Why else would we possibly be discussing him again. But no, signed until 2022.

He hasn't really turned out to be an upgrade on Sow for Dundee. Both scored the same number of goals, but Cummings has actually played more a few more minutes this season (it's marginal). Sow also chipped in with a couple of assists which Cummings hasn't. Dundee's points per game this season is also identical both before and after signing Cummings. Arguably, the only real impact he has made to Dundee since signing is to increase their wage bill significantly. I think we get the impression that he has made a huge impact because his profile means when he scores it tends to get headlined by journalists in a way other Championship players don't tend to.

I wouldn't be adverse to signing him as part of the squad, but doesn't really look like it is going to happen and that doesn't bother me either.

Just another chance to have a go at our club, with a few itk bollocks thrown in for good measure. Wish jkb had joined in the Boycott this weekend 

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I expect you're right Jono but him coming to Tynie is pretty controversial. Many oh here would be greatly offended.  I don't mind him but I expect he would be reluctant to come here.

I'm a bit older than you and I clearly remember the consternation when Gordon Smith signed for Hearts.  Hibs supporters utterly incredulous and angry.

Always thought there should be 2 statues in the High Street to represent and celebrate all that is wonderful about Edinburgh football:

Gordon Smith and Willie Bauld.

Two ex Hearts players.

My dad was at Smith's first outing in maroon. A reserve game attended by 12k, I believe.

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Is the ‘hatred’ not because he acts like a prick, looks like a prick and is as common as muck?  

That’s my justification anyhow.  

That's a really poor comment. The vilification and marginalisation of Edinburgh's working class communities has done nothing to improve it as a place to live, the opposite is true in fact. 

Unknown user
51 minutes ago, pablo said:

That's a really poor comment. The vilification and marginalisation of Edinburgh's working class communities has done nothing to improve it as a place to live, the opposite is true in fact. 

He didn't say anything about him being working class, that's your assumption

Glamorgan Jambo

No thanks.

Cummings needs a full season at Dundee to get his career back on track. A failure at each and every club he was at down south. And more importantly not so many appearances in each of these seasons. McPake isn’t a great coach but is the right guy to handle Cummings.

And again it wasn’t his injury that led to his release by Hearts.

10 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He acts like a prick but he's definitely not one

If you act like a prick.....which’s done for a number of years......you most definitely are a prick.

In fact.....he’s really the pricks prick.

He has become better known for his off the field antics than his distinctly average football career.

A few bevvies with his Dad has made you all gooey eyed.........

Howdy Doody Jambo

I would take him, is a natural goalscorer has character and a personality would bring something different to our forward options, local lad that supported Hearts growing up 

He would score goals 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I would take him, is a natural goalscorer has character and a personality would bring something different to our forward options, local lad that supported Hearts growing up 

He would score goals 

I'd like to see what he could do in a Hearts shirt just to put it to bed once and for all.

If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out but I think he would be buzzing to play for Hearts.

Seymour M Hersh

He's another, like Shankland, who thrives in the Championship but really doesn't step up to the top league and perform at the same level. 

Jean Louis Valois

I actually think he would flourish playing for us, so its a yes from me. Agree that he seems like abit of a helmet, but who really cares if he's banging them in.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

He didn't say anything about him being working class, that's your assumption

He said common as muck, the meaning of which is to identify someone as being from a lower social class. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, pablo said:

He said common as muck, the meaning of which is to identify someone as being from a lower social class. 

Bollocks

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Bollocks

No, it's not. Why don't you go and check?

It was an ugly phrase to use to describe a young man from an Edinburgh housing scheme. In my opinion. 

3 hours ago, martoon said:

Always thought there should be 2 statues in the High Street to represent and celebrate all that is wonderful about Edinburgh football:

Gordon Smith and Willie Bauld.

Two ex Hearts players.

My dad was at Smith's first outing in maroon. A reserve game attended by 12k, I believe.

Yep, so was my Dad. There was huge excitement at us signing him. An excellent signing he turned out to be.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, pablo said:

No, it's not. Why don't you go and check?

It was an ugly phrase to use to describe a young man from an Edinburgh housing scheme. In my opinion. 

I'm blue collar, live in a council house in a scheme, drive a 13 year old Corsa, earn below the national average. Is that me common as muck or is my behaviour the qualifier?

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm blue collar, live in a council house in a scheme, drive a 13 year old Corsa, earn below the national average. Is that me common as muck or is my behaviour the qualifier?

Why are you asking me? I'm from the same class as yourself. All I did was give you the correct definition of the idiom. Why don't you ask the privately educated resident of the French Riveria, who made the comment in relation to Cummings?

Unknown user
Just now, pablo said:

Why are you asking me? I'm from the same class as yourself. All I did was give you the correct definition of the idiom. Why don't you ask the privately educated resident of the French Riveria, who made the comment in relation to Cummings?

You had a pop for something the guy didn't say.

From your comments it seems to me you're the one with the class issues here.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You had a pop for something the guy didn't say.

From your comments it seems to me you're the one with the class issues here.

I had a pop at him for saying his justification for hating Cummings included that he "was common as muck". Going by the correct meaning of that phrase, then yes I take offence at it.

Unknown user
Just now, pablo said:

I had a pop at him for saying his justification for hating Cummings included that he "was common as muck". Going by the correct meaning of that phrase, then yes I take offence at it.

Well as we're talking about your interpretation, am I common as muck?  Or would you need to know about my behaviour to judge?

jambopilms

Jesus Christ. Done nothing this season to say he is worth a shot. In fact he took great pleasure in scoring against us for hibs, so why don't folk hate him rather than bum him up at every opportunity.

Some folk really love a wee Ned as if it actually brings something to a team.

36 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yep, so was my Dad. There was huge excitement at us signing him. An excellent signing he turned out to be.

It was one of the stories my dad told me when I was bairn in the '70's. Everyday seemed to bring another wee snippet of Hearts stuff to fill in my education. Do the same myself now.

Must have cut Hibs fans to the quick when Smith scored in the 5-1 Ne'er day win at Easter Road in 1960. 

1 hour ago, The Maroon Pound said:

He would score goals

That's the bottom line for me. 

I think he'd settle down, grasp the chance with relish and hit the goal trail. 

He'd score in the derbies. Absolutely certain of it.

That haircut, though.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Bollocks

Common as muck is a derogatory term for working class folk. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Folk need to get a grip on this thread, have a day off.

Cummings would absolutely bring something different to our attacking options. 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

If you act like a prick.....which’s done for a number of years......you most definitely are a prick.

In fact.....he’s really the pricks prick.

He has become better known for his off the field antics than his distinctly average football career.

A few bevvies with his Dad has made you all gooey eyed.........

I was definitely gooey eyed last night, but that wasn't the reason :biggrin2:

Nucky Thompson
4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

The resident mouth breather has dribbled more guff. 

The independent republic of Scotland :rofl:

You've got a cheek saying that someone has dribbled guff :lol:

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Frequently used by working class people to describe other working class people. 

10 minutes ago, martoon said:

Frequently used by working class people to describe other working class people. 

Yeah. I think in general people just use it as a short hand for someone they believe to be of a lower social class then them/uneducated. 

I’m “common as muck”.

Will we be out of place on JKB soon amongst the private school boys, faux middle class types who’ll rule this message board?   :sob:

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m “common as muck”.

Will we be out of place on JKB soon amongst the private school boys, faux middle class types who’ll rule this message board?   :sob:

I used to be as common as muck

You can't beat a bit of social climbing though:smugger:

Unknown user
32 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

It's a derogatory term for people who act like arseholes

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's a derogatory term for people who act like arseholes

It might refer to people who act like arseholes. But it is also people you believe to be of a lower social class than you. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

It might refer to people who act like arseholes. But it is also people you believe to be of a lower social class than you. 

So instead of assuming Morgan is being a **** he should probably ask what he meant by that. In fact Pablo's the one bringing Morgan's class into it, I think that's out of order myself.

20 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Tbf, Morgan won't have meant it in that context. Probably more in a Hearts/Hibs way. 

I post stuff like that frequently: Hibs fans are lowlife, underlings, plebs, Edinburgh's underbelly...doesn't make me a snob, just a great judge of the Hibby character.

31 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I used to be as common as muck

You can't beat a bit of social climbing though:smugger:

what you are saying is you are now mutton dressed as lamb?

33 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So instead of assuming Morgan is being a **** he should probably ask what he meant by that. In fact Pablo's the one bringing Morgan's class into it, I think that's out of order myself.

Morgan is the one that has brought class into the conversation. I think it is fair for Pablo to make comment on his in the context of the discussion. There is something undoubtedly problematic when a privately educated, middle class individual states they don’t like someone because they are of lower social standing than them. In that instance it very much feels like a case of someone punching down the way at an individual(s) born into less privilege than them. 

Should probably leave it that as conscious the thread is going off topic. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Morgan is the one that has brought class into the conversation. I think it is fair for Pablo to make comment on his in the context of the discussion. There is something undoubtedly problematic when a privately educated, middle class individual states they don’t like someone because they are of lower social standing than them. In that instance it very much feels like a case of someone punching down the way at an individual(s) born into less privilege than them. 

Should probably leave it that as conscious the thread is going off topic. 

I don't agree that he did but yeah, probably leave it there. 

Edited by Smithee

Des Lynam

What a thread! 

Nucky wants to ride Cummings Dad. 
Class system debated. 
Ambition, luck and social ladder climbing. 

I love this place.