*** official hearts v pars thread ***

Weebroon98

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You might as well play me on right wing. In the hole or on the bench for Walker. Two good games in a row would be nice to see. 

It's clear as day walker has had good games when in the middle but a bit shite when on the wing. 

Gets unfair grief on here imo. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's clear as day walker has had good games when in the middle but a bit shite when on the wing. 

He’s a lazy sod is why he gets grief. Needs a good kick up the arse. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don't think he is, be interesting to see the kilometres he does compared to others. 

Sure the club monitors this stuff. 

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Asking for Robbie to be removed isn't pissed off, it's rabid, insane, cheese melt behaviour. 

The other thread isn't " the concerned we are losing goals thread" or "concerns", it a Robbie out thread, official anaw..... 

Ludricous. 

Another win will not only put us further clear but shut down the lunatics for a few weeks. 

Win- win 

Significant numbers of Hearts fans (me included) did not want Neilson to be appointed. Some wanted Stendel to continue. Going further back some (yourself included) wanted Levein to continue. Some wanted an appointment with no previous connection to Hearts.

However, now that he is here and doing the first job required of him fairly well it’s ludicrous and futile to call for him to be removed (and I certainly don’t see justification at this stage) Anyone wanting Hearts to lose to achieve the goal of getting rid of Robbie is not really a Hearts fan IMO but I haven’t seen a single post hoping that we lose or pissed off at winning. 

Im not at all concerned by RN getting a period of time to try and get us back to solid top six and challenging for European places. I just don’t think he is up to it and that’s my personal opinion even after a rare but welcome commanding performance on Tuesday. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in those thoughts but I draw the line at wishing for Hearts to lose and wishing for him to fail. Quite the opposite and I’m sure I’m not alone in that either. BUT I do reserve the right to comment on his shortcomings (win or lose) until such time as they are eradicated in my eyes.

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He hasn't been a winger for years, midfield in Naismith's position is where he should be. Naismith has the instincts of a penalty box striker so I can't see why he shouldn't play that position in rotation with Boyce, who might actually be better coming off the bench occasionally given his known fitness problems. 

Edited by upgotheheads

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He hasn't been a winger for years, midfield in Naismith's position is where he should be. Naismith has the instincts of a penalty box striker so I can't see why he shouldn't play that position in rotation with Boyce, who might actually be better coming off the bench occasionally given his known fitness problems. 

Yip. 

Obvious to me 

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think he is lazy. But he is very limited in positions that suit him. Take him out of those positions and you’re wasting a jersey IMO.

Number 10 role off a lone striker

CAM behind 2 strikers.

I don’t see how you play Walker and Naismith in the same team unless Naismith is in one of the striker roles, and even then Naismith drifts backwards from there.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Significant numbers of Hearts fans (me included) did not want Neilson to be appointed. Some wanted Stendel to continue. Going further back some (yourself included) wanted Levein to continue. Some wanted an appointment with no previous connection to Hearts.

However, now that he is here and doing the first job required of him fairly well it’s ludicrous and futile to call for him to be removed (and I certainly don’t see justification at this stage) Anyone wanting Hearts to lose to achieve the goal of getting rid of Robbie is not really a Hearts fan IMO but I haven’t seen a single post hoping that we lose or pissed off at winning. 

Im not at all concerned by RN getting a period of time to try and get us back to solid top six and challenging for European places. I just don’t think he is up to it and that’s my personal opinion even after a rare but welcome commanding performance on Tuesday. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in those thoughts but I draw the line at wishing for Hearts to lose and wishing for him to fail. Quite the opposite and I’m sure I’m not alone in that either. BUT I do reserve the right to comment on his shortcomings (win or lose) until such time as they are eradicated in my eyes.

This thread will run for a few seasons until he does get sacked or leave. 

It's embarrassing. 

The folk that bang on about Stendel need to pipe down, he's gone. 

He might have been good In the long run, but he was shit in his short spell. 

All well discussing things but a Robbie oot thread is nonesense, and folk posting on it with such comments are jokers. 

Clearly there are posters that post far more often about negative things and less or none about positive things. 

Some are backed into a corner, they have hated the appointment of Robbie from the start so by extension get no joy out of Hearts under Robbie winning. 

The logic is as varied as it's flawed, even you managed to squeeze in " a commanding but rare" performance comment as we sit top of the league, a massive goal difference and averaging over 3 goals per game - even praise is through gritted teeth served with a sly dig by many. 

It's actually quite funny to read. 

Anyway, on topic the pars are in for a humping. 

51 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He is lazy. 

He obviously has talent but most of the time he looks like he can't be arsed. 

No excuse for not giving one hundred percent for the club you are well paid by and are meant to love. 

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's embarrassing. 

All well discussing things but a Robbie oot thread is nonesense, and folk posting on it with such comments are jokers. 

Clearly there are posters that post far more often about negative things and less or none about positive things. 

Some are backed into a corner, they have hated the appointment of Robbie from the start so by extension get no joy out of Hearts under Robbie winning. 

The logic is as varied as it's flawed, even you managed to squeeze in " a commanding but rare" performance comment as we sit top of the league, a massive goal difference and averaging over 3 goals per game - even praise is through gritted teeth served with a sly dig by many. 

‘Some are backed into a corner’

That is a problem with football forums. Some people take a position and will not back down an inch. Changing your mind leaves you a target for ridicule. People defend their internet persona to the hilt and consistency is all important. Weirdo behaviour when all it’s really about is a bunch of middle aged men talking shite about football. 

Edited by GinRummy

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's embarrassing. 

I’ve not read the Robbie out thread or contributed to it and have no intention of doing so. I agree that it’s silly whilst not knowing it’s content. 

I thought Robbie got it spot on on Tuesday. We played with intensity. We pressed high.Everything went through our best footballer and we retained width even after the injury. I wanted Armand to start but understand why he didn’t and he looked the part when he came on, in fact he improved us and we changed focus seamlessly when he did come on. There is no BUT in those comments BUT it was a rare excellent performance which I hope has shown him a better way. I don’t see how that could be argued with.

Anyway, as you say, back on topic and let’s hand out a hiding to DAFC, a club that richly deserves a hiding.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gordon Smith Kingsley Pops Halkett Halliday Irving Naismith GMS Boyce Henderson. 

Harsh on Walker but when Naismith fancies it, still our best player and works well with Collum.

Healthy bench again Stewart White Haring Walker Gnando and a couple more to make up the numbers. 

2 0 maybe a bit more of a professional performance when there is a good bit more at stake. 

We didn't take Raith seriously last week and paid, think we will be dialled in alright 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ve not read the Robbie out thread or contributed to it and have no intention of doing so. I agree that it’s silly whilst not knowing it’s content. 

I thought Robbie got it spot on on Tuesday. We played with intensity. We pressed high.Everything went through our best footballer and we retained width even after the injury. I wanted Armand to start but understand why he didn’t and he looked the part when he came on, in fact he improved us and we changed focus seamlessly when he did come on. There is no BUT in those comments BUT it was a rare excellent performance which I hope has shown him a better way. I don’t see how that could be argued with.

Anyway, as you say, back on topic and let’s hand out a hiding to DAFC, a club that richly deserves a hiding.

Based on the  4 fixtures, 2 x Dundee, raith scores - a hiding is in the post. 

Scottie Wanshot.
11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

It'd be very Hearts to make 5 changes and go 541 after a good performance!!!

I expect a midfield of Damour and McGill with Wighton up top.

Damour he's not interested in playing for hearts.  just likes his wages at the end of the month.

Weakened Offender
10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Walker for this game IMO, although we might see Naismith start since were back to grass. 

Henderson ? I’d give him game time when the league is wrapped up and decide once and for all if he’s good enough to keep persisting with. I think he’s potentially not a bad player but he doesn’t play with any confidence or belief.

I'd rather start with Henderson than Naismith. 

1 hour ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Damour he's not interested in playing for hearts.  just likes his wages at the end of the month.

Kind of part of my brilliant joke

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t think he is lazy. But he is very limited in positions that suit him. Take him out of those positions and you’re wasting a jersey IMO.

Number 10 role off a lone striker

CAM behind 2 strikers.

I don’t see how you play Walker and Naismith in the same team unless Naismith is in one of the striker roles, and even then Naismith drifts backwards from there.

Luxury = lazy 

Gordon

Smith

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Halliday

Irving

GMS

Naismith

Boyce

Gnanduillet

Allows for flexibility during the 90 and allows us to play through them or use width with GMS. We need to start scoring first and if they park the bus, that's the way through them.

I predict the captains armband will be past around like a joint at a party. Our captains armband has been on more men's arms than Katie Price.

The Grim Reaper
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I predict the captains armband will be past around like a joint at a party. Our captains armband has been on more men's arms than Katie Price.

Weirdo. 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Said that all along.  He's not a winger.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's embarrassing. 

Well said.

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Not up to it?

He's already done it 😂

ScandinavianJambo
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Hmm so what you are saying is that you didn't want Robbie, but wanting Hearts to loose to prove a point is wrong. However, even if he wins you will go on about his short comming until they are eradicated (forever? To prove a point?). I think you are trying to prove a point, and I am not sure Hearts has much to do with it, perhaps just the importance of your own opinion so that you at some point can say "I told you so". 

22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

unnamed.jpg.d9fca2fc2efb1b64521c4c8048764d04.jpg

13 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Hmm so what you are saying is that you didn't want Robbie, but wanting Hearts to loose to prove a point is wrong. However, even if he wins you will go on about his short comming until they are eradicated (forever? To prove a point?). I think you are trying to prove a point, and I am not sure Hearts has much to do with it, perhaps just the importance of your own opinion so that you at some point can say "I told you so". 

That’s what opinions are mate. Do let us know when you have one worth sharing

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Actually, that's quite good.

Leaders all over the park - what an amazing club!

I don't approve of clubs which voted against us being given affectionate nicknames in official match threads, or any other threads for that matter.

16 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Alexa, lights oan. 

Akexa, heating oan. 

Gary Locke has difficulties. 

Brilliant! 

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

😄

10 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Weirdo. 

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Says the guy who calls himself the Grim Reaper

:fonzie:

He's not been here too long and And has your measure, say something nice about the Hearts, go on I dare you. That thing about the armband was typical you, don't contribute to the Hearts, can't say anything that's not trying to be controversial, what a sad sack you are, don't reply to this because when I feel I'm dealing with some not too bright I don't even finish my sente 

6 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

" he haw "

Ha ha.  You'll be heading off on a mazy run, perm bobbing away behind you as you brushoff player after player.

33 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

He's not been here too long and And has your measure, say something nice about the Hearts, go on I dare you. That thing about the armband was typical you, don't contribute to the Hearts, can't say anything that's not trying to be controversial, what a sad sack you are, don't reply to this because when I feel I'm dealing with some not too bright I don't even finish my sente 

Ffs it is a bit humour during dark times in life.  

Our badge is the most beautiful crest I have ever seen.  There, how was that?

Walker has to start for me, he's started 2 out of the last 3 and we won both comfortably with him getting assists.  Naismith could come in for Ginnelly and play coming off the left, otherwise start Henderson.  No other changes for me.

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Walker has to start for me, he's started 2 out of the last 3 and we won both comfortably with him getting assists.  Naismith could come in for Ginnelly and play coming off the left, otherwise start Henderson.  No other changes for me.

Funny how quickly Naismith has gone from being the essential first name on the team sheet to a player we’re having to shoehorn into the team and who we don’t really miss if he doesn’t play. I think he might hang the boots up this summer. I just wish Walker could give himself a shake and leave us in no doubt that he starts every game. On song he is a game changer. He should take a leaf out of Irving’s book attitude wise.

10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Funny how quickly Naismith has gone from being the essential first name on the team sheet to a player we’re having to shoehorn into the team and who we don’t really miss if he doesn’t play. I think he might hang the boots up this summer. I just wish Walker could give himself a shake and leave us in no doubt that he starts every game. On song he is a game changer. He should take a leaf out of Irving’s book attitude wise.

I think Naismith still offers plenty personally, but if someone comes in and plays well they should keep the shirt.