• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

Same team but Hendo in for Gino we think? Makes sense.

Haring for Halliday the only other possible change but don't see it.

(BTW imagine if and when we have Halkett, Popescu, Gnandos and Haring all in the box for set pieces!)

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

(BTW imagine if and when we have Halkett, Popescu, Gnandos and Haring all in the box for set pieces!)

I think you'll be right with the side but Robbie has been known to surprise us. Would like to see Haring getting some game time soon. Would like to see White again soon as well. Played well when he's featured this season.

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think you'll be right with the side but Robbie has been known to surprise us. Would like to see Haring getting some game time soon. Would like to see White again soon as well. Played well when he's featured this season.

It'd be very Hearts to make 5 changes and go 541 after a good performance!!!

I expect a midfield of Damour and McGill with Wighton up top.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

😀 exactly. The attacking players in the home game v Arbroath a good example. Expect the unexpected.

Same attitude and same application from the players and the 3pts should be ours. Dont care what the score is, as long as Hearts win.

1 hour ago, Crookie said:

Play with intensity we showed on Tuesday against Raith and we will be fine 

Just what I was thinking when I seen the thread, I think we will concede though, I will go 1-3 hat trick to our wonderful No 9.

I hope we win, However dunfermline are on decent form and they will be up for it, I can see this being our first draw of the season, Prediction is 2-2. Hope I'm way off and we smash them 5-2.

Plenty effort and we'll win. 

I really hope Robbie doesn't **** about with the team selection, we need continuity and momentum. Hopefully a couple of new faces will be in the door by Saturday, too.

wentworth jambo
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I think we get the win by a couple of goals. If we do the league is pretty much done. 

Agree with this - especially as Dunfy, Raith and Dundee all play each other over the next few weeks

Armand won't last the 90 but I'd rather Hearts went out and got the goals early.

Armand

GMS         Boyce       Walker

Halliday       Irving

Kingsley       Halkett       Popescu       Smith

Gordon

Ainsley Harriott
25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Damour and McGill should probably get a start ahead of Halliday in fairness.

8 minutes ago, kila said:

Armand won't last the 90 but I'd rather Hearts went out and got the goals early.

Armand

Halliday       Irving

Gordon

Solid team Would change Walker for Henderson . 

14 minutes ago, kila said:

Armand

Halliday       Irving

Gordon

I doubt Armand will start but be brought on in the second half when they are a bit more tired. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt Armand will start but be brought on in the second half when they are a bit more tired. 

I agree. Also, he hasn't played a lot of football this season so better to build him up to try to avoid injury.

17 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yeah, my big fear with Walker is that we can never be totally confident which Walker we're getting. Like, every player has bad games but when you think of players like Smith/Boyce/ Naismith, even if they have a bad game they are still 'busy'. I think Walker has a terrible habit of looking disinterested when the game isn't going his way, which from the supporters perspective is immensely frustrating, especially as we seem to be slow starters in games. 

To be clear though, when Walker turns up we've got a fantastic player. Watching him drive forward with the ball against Raith was brilliant viewing and I really hope to see that more from him going forward. It reminded me of him under Cathro where he very much was the main man.

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, my big fear with Walker is that we can never be totally confident which Walker we're getting. Like, every player has bad games but when you think of players like Smith/Boyce/ Naismith, even if they have a bad game they are still 'busy'. I think Walker has a terrible habit of looking disinterested when the game isn't going his way, which from the supporters perspective is immensely frustrating, especially as we seem to be slow starters in games. 

To be clear though, when Walker turns up we've got a fantastic player. Watching him drive forward with the ball against Raith was brilliant viewing and I really hope to see that more from him going forward. It reminded me of him under Cathro where he very much was the main man.

Completely agree. Looks like he could do with a sports psychologist getting in his brain and making him believe he’s got the talent, which he clearly does.

Frustrating as feck. 

They’ve only lost once this season and from what I remember they are quite tenacious in midfield. 

The centre of the park need to play with that spring in their step, be aware and alert of them closing down in determined fashion. 

Do that and outdo them on that front, we should get the goals over the course to win the match.  

35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😀 exactly. The attacking players in the home game v Arbroath a good example. Expect the unexpected.

There was a game a couple of seasons back, I'm sure against Hamilton.  We played a 442 with Garuccio LB and Mitchell LW.  We tore them up for arse paper, with those two in particular too hot to handle.

Next game, 352 or something, and we lost.  This may not be the most accurate anecdote now I see it typed!  But it was something like that!!! haha.  Point is, for years we've changed according to opposition and "science!".  FInd a shape, find a team, tinker slightly, but impose what we want to do.  Very few very succesful teams change shape and personnel wholesale every week as far as I see it.

No slip ups this week please Robbie. We need another Tuesday performance and not a last Saturday one. 3 points against the second place team will be massive so surely the guys will be up for it. 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Kingsley is very good as well.   He scored a header from a set piece against them.    Quality goal.    Although him and Smith might be the two defending when it's corners.    

Losing this game isn't an option for me.   Draw or win.    Hoping win.   

2-0 GMS and Naisy. 

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

McGill does deserve a start. We need energy against the pars. 

I liked the look of this guy would like to see him more involved.

Whole team played well against raith rovers, Boyce scored , Armand a double on his debut, clean sheet, confidence should be sky high , they really should be starting on the front foot . Aside from injury or suspension there should be very little selection changes .

Hearts 4-0 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Kidd’s Boots

Apart from Ginnelly, no changes for me. I think it may be a while before we see Boyce and Gnanduillet playing together. Boyce has done a lot of heavy lifting for us this season, and having the option to bring Armand on for the last 30mins until he's up to speed would be good management. Where we play Walker and Naismith will be the key, get that sorted and I'll be happy.

10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Whole team played well against raith rovers, Boyce scored , Armand a double on his debut, clean sheet, confidence should be sky high , they really should be starting on the front foot . Aside from injury or suspension there should be very little selection changes .

Hearts 4-0 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

My only concern with that is that complacency sets in and they think we'll stroll it and revert to thinking ability is enough. Wouldnt be surprised to see us play 3 in midfield for energy as no doubt Dunfermline will press again and will be all the fresher for not having played in midweek.

Wouldn't be opposed to us playing a diamond.

Gordon

Smith Popescu Halkett Kingsley

Irving

Haring Halliday

GMS

Naismith/Boyce

We do cry out for width but I can see this being a bit more of a battle so if we can control the middle and get crosses in from our fullbacks I couldn't see us losing.

Possibly swap GMS with Naismith if you did want a bit more pace to help get in behind with Boyce dropping in.

May be a bit early for a couple of players, but I would like to see.....

GORDON

SMITH   POPESCU   HALKETT   KINGSLEY

WALKER      IRVING      HARING      GMS

BOYCE      GNANDUILLET

...however, I think it will be ...

GORDON

IRVING      HALLIDAY     

HENDERSON    WALKER    GMS

BOYCE

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Wow! On the basis of what exactly? I get that Walker turns up for 1:4 games but he was brilliant against Raith.

henderson on the other hand looks completely out of his depth in every game. Completely ballooned the ball over the bar when put thru 1:1. He opted for a ‘safe’ ball every time he was in possession which affected our momentum. Fair play, he managed to chest the ball over the line for the only goal I can remember him scoring.

IMO, Walker was the driving force in our midfield yesterday. To drop him would be nuts. To suggest that Henderson is a better replacement is crazy....IMO

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I reckon it’ll be:

GORDON

WALKER      IRVING      HALLIDAY       GMS

BOYCE   NAISMITH

...to start (although I’m sure RN is poking Henderson’s ma and someone will drop out for him)

GNANDUILLET to come on at 60mins

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray
Replaced Halliday in the cut’n’paste team

They’ve won one game since the end of November and two in total since they beat us. A performance even close to Tuesday and it’ll be a comfortable win. 

If we play in the same manner as we did on Tuesday, we'll win 3-0.

Gordon 

Smith Popescu Halkett Kingsley 

Irving Halliday 

Walker                          GMS

Gnanduillet Boyce

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

They’ve won one game since the end of November and two in total since they beat us. A performance even close to Tuesday and it’ll be a comfortable win. 

And a performance close to Saturday and we’ll get beat. It’s all about our attitude, always has been. All the games we’ve lost this season are down to attitude IMO.

Im hoping we’ll see that we’re just a few wins from being safe for the title and this one is a big step towards killing it off. Plus they are due payback for more than one reason so let’s have the Tuesday Hearts and hope the Saturday Hearts don’t appear again for a good while.

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Funnier things have happened.

5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Only lost 1 game all season though and have the best defence. 

Agree that if we play the same way as Tuesday we will be too strong.

I think we will see the same team that started against Raith but Naismith will start instead of Ginnelly.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Spot on.

27 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Wow! On the basis of what exactly? I get that Walker turns up for 1:4 games but he was brilliant against Raith.

henderson on the other hand looks completely out of his depth in every game. Completely ballooned the ball over the bar when put thru 1:1. He opted for a ‘safe’ ball every time he was in possession which affected our momentum. Fair play, he managed to chest the ball over the line for the only goal I can remember him scoring.

IMO, Walker was the driving force in our midfield yesterday. To drop him would be nuts. To suggest that Henderson is a better replacement is crazy....IMO

I have similar doubts over Henderson.  Do we give him game time in the hope he will improve or just accept that he will not make it.

HillmanHearts

Think the team will be very similar to the one that started the 2nd half on Tuesday.

Although a couple of Key decisions possibly :

Walker or Naismith in the free (withdrawn striker/ advanced MF) role.

Walker or Henderson on the right wing.

Also worth noting that GMS has played a lot since signing after a bit of a layoff.

But agree with most folks that it’s all about tempo and attitude from the off.

3 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

I have similar doubts over Henderson.  Do we give him game time in the hope he will improve or just accept that he will not make it.

I think we give him game time as he’s seen as the best option available for a particular role on the day. 

19 minutes ago, Zico said:

Spot on!

Start like we did against Rat Rovers and I can see another 4 nil.

I've said on here before, the one saving grace is our 'rivals' are far more inconsistent than us. Score first, hopefully early, and a comfortable afternoon awaits.

Fail to score early and it will be biting fingernails time again!

avhudtheteeshirt

This is the game of the season so far, if we win the other 2 clubs Raith and Dundee play each other on the same day so something has to give!!!

We could be looking at a very substantial gap by Saturday night!!!!!