*** official hearts v pars thread ***

Weebroon98

On Tuesday we went for it from the off instead of some sort of patient containment that makes it easy for opponents to settle in and then fancy their chances. This needs to be the norm now. Tuesday was our best performance by far this season IMO with good football. It makes a big difference when all midfielders are working hard, our defence looks a lot more secure as a result. Boyce and Gnand look a very promising pairing and we should now see the best of Boyce and GMS. Same( attitude ) again tomorrow will do nicely, we can widen the gap and take a big step towards promotion.

Gordon.         Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley

Walker  Irving  Halliday   Gms

Boyce               Gnand

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

3 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

On Tuesday we went for it from the off instead of some sort of patient containment that makes it easy for opponents to settle in and then fancy their chances. This needs to be the norm now. Tuesday was our best performance by far this season IMO with good football. It makes a big difference when all midfielders are working hard, our defence looks a lot more secure as a result. Boyce and Gnand look a very promising pairing and we should now see the best of Boyce and GMS. Same( attitude ) again tomorrow will do nicely, we can widen the gap and take a big step towards promotion.

Not sure that Gnand will start as he's hardly trained. Maybe Henderson, with Gnand and Naismith off the bench.  

3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

No Naismith or the new guy starting, neither are fit enough to press high for an hour.

This. Start with the same team as Tuesday with Gino swapped for anyone except Frear or Roberts. Please Robbie don't change the whole thing around for one change! Get at them early and bring on Harring, Naismith and Gnandulliet to finish the job.

Frear and Roberts should never play for Hearts again, not good enough and any youngster could do a better job than either of them. As poor as we have had out wide since Twaddle and Jenkinson.

36 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Cant see Grandin starting for 90. Probably start with Naismith,taking him of when he gets his hattrick 

Ex member of the SaS

Willie Gollum is the ref. MMmmm, what can you say? He's not been too bad lately. A penalty for Hearts in the first five minutes with a red card for the offender. Go on Willie you know you want to.

Hopefully only the one change from Tuesday?

Gordon

Smith

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Halliday

Irving

Henderson

Walker

GMS

Boyce

As others have said if Walker isn't playing the "number 10" then he struggles.

Henderson getting a lot of chances, needs to prove himself.

At the start of the season the defence consisted of Halkett and Popescu and we didn't lose too many goals. Popescu is back in the team and i thought he was as comfortable as i've even seen him since he's been here. He's naturally right-sided so keep him on that side and Halkett (being two-footed) can play in the Berra role. The strongest possible defensive midfielder to bark at them and keep them on their toes would be helpful as well. As long as the rest of the midfield get moving forward to support the frontline (and not a striker coming deep to help out, shouldn't be any need) then we should see this season out without too many more issues. Stop the chopping and changing just for the sake of it. A settled team who know their role should be enough. 

Tokyo Drifter
3 hours ago, Skacelsid said:

Can't see much wrong with that line-up, but Gnandu ain't gonna manage a whole game so you're looking at hooking him at half time or bringing him on for the last 30 and starting someone else. I'd be tempted to play Boyce up front on his own and bring in either Henderson or Naismith.

I said we'd take 7 goals off Rat Rovers, I did expect us to win both games though, and at least 3 off the Dunfermline sh!tehouses. Scoring 6 against the Rats you'd expect to take the 6 points but there you go; can't legislate for that shambles last Saturday!

So I'm confident, especially after Tuesday night, it will be another 4 nil job.

However any win will do.

I'm fully expecting an other dominant performance to make up for last Saturday's shambles.  Anything less will have us all wondering about the mentality of this side.

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, jambonian said:

At the start of the season the defence consisted of Halkett and Popescu and we didn't lose too many goals. Popescu is back in the team and i thought he was as comfortable as i've even seen him since he's been here. He's naturally right-sided so keep him on that side and Halkett (being two-footed) can play in the Berra role. The strongest possible defensive midfielder to bark at them and keep them on their toes would be helpful as well. As long as the rest of the midfield get moving forward to support the frontline (and not a striker coming deep to help out, shouldn't be any need) then we should see this season out without too many more issues. Stop the chopping and changing just for the sake of it. A settled team who know their role should be enough. 

You say we should play our strongest defensive midfielder. I'd say that Harring is our only one 

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm fully expecting an other dominant performance to make up for last Saturday's shambles.  Anything less will have us all wondering about the mentality of this side.

Indeed,  they need to build on the midweek performance and not slip back.  I really couldn’t stomach another flat and insipid display as it would highlight longer term issues.     Hopefully a confidence building display again can lead to some consistency 🤞🏻

1-0 will suffice.

I think it will be 3-1.

By mid to late February, the league should be sewn up.  👍

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

8-1

3-0 at HT. 

6-2 Tosh.  

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

1-0 will suffice.

I think it will be 3-1.

By mid to late February, the league should be sewn up.  👍

Now in the any win will do camp. We’ve already proven we’ll hammer a few teams along the way, we won’t do it every week. 

Anybody itk on the Damour situation as of today.  Last time I asked he was back in training having recovered from an injury.

We're right into the transfer window now and I've heard nothing about him leaving.  If he is training full time with the 1st team, it would be really interesting if he appeared on the teamsheet.

Sticking to a 4-1 win and Naismith is due to score.

On 28/01/2021 at 22:45, i8hibsh said:

I predict the captains armband will be past around like a joint at a party. Our captains armband has been on more men's arms than Katie Price.

:vrface:

Classic, Hearts win their last game convincingly, meaning you have nothing you can have a pop at, so you bring up some absolute nonsense to try and bring attention to yourself on the forum. 

How did your comment even have any relevance to anything being discussed?  What was the point in you making yet another jab at the team?  

What an attention seeking wee nyaff you are. 

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Classic, Hearts win their last game convincingly, meaning you have nothing you can have a pop at, so you bring up some absolute nonsense to try and bring attention to yourself on the forum. 

How did your comment even have any relevance to anything being discussed?  What was the point in you making yet another jab at the team?  

1. I am not "wee"

2. It was a bit of humour ffs

Jambo in Bathgate
14 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

You say we should play our strongest defensive midfielder. I'd say that Harring is our only one 

Haring had a terrible game at Dundee. He was responsible for their second goal. He had two chances to tackle Adam. 

A bit of a white out here in Dunfermline, hope the undersoil is able to cope.... how's things in Gorgie? 3 - 1 the JT's

22 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I think Naismith still offers plenty personally, but if someone comes in and plays well they should keep the shirt.

people need a scapegoat. It’s Naismiths turn this week.

He offers us plenty and for me will start the home games anyway

We're going to give this sewage a proper doing. 30 January will forever be remembered as the day we put this league to bed. 

Can someone help please. When setting up to watch the game is it user name example 12345-6 then your s.t number for pass word ? Got a new TV and trying to set it up instead of the laptop.

6 minutes ago, poultry said:

Can someone help please. When setting up to watch the game is it user name example 12345-6 then your s.t number for pass word ? Got a new TV and trying to set it up instead of the laptop.

User: Firstname-surname-reference

Password: reference 

Any win will do. After Tuesday I just hope we don't go back to the "just be on the park" attitude. Wouldn't mind a repeat of the 00/01 game 🤤

Anyone know if the game today is the usual £18 for PPV? The website doesn't have any mention of the price that I can see. 

Ex member of the SaS

A one nil win will do, but more important for me is showing they care. Show a little passion and commitment. Show that you are the professional players you claim to be. Then hammer them 10 -0 🤣

21 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Anyone know if the game today is the usual £18 for PPV? The website doesn't have any mention of the price that I can see. 

£18.50

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

ICT game off. They are going to have some catch up before end of season

All these postponed games ICT are having can’t be good for the health of staff and players.  Tough for them to get on a run

43 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

User: Firstname-surname-reference

Password: reference 

Cheers David appreciate that.

9 hours ago, tian447 said:

One of those guys if you came up against him at football, you’d go right through him first chance you get.

One of those guys if he was married to your sister, you’d stop seeing your sister.

One of those guys if you had him as a manager at work, you’d have to sack him before folk walked out or took you to court for subjecting them to him.

One of those guys you tell you’re going home at the end of the night and wait till he’s in the taxi first and go clubbing all night

Need to put this lot back in their place. A good humping will make them realise they aren't getting anywhere near the title. They must be the only team we haven't beaten yet ?

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

One of those guys if you came up against him at football, you’d go right through him first chance you get.

One of those guys if he was married to your sister, you’d stop seeing your sister.

One of those guys if you had him as a manager at work, you’d have to sack him before folk walked out or took you to court for subjecting them to him.

One of those guys you tell you’re going home at the end of the night and wait till he’s in the taxi first and go clubbing all night

👏👏