*** official hearts v pars thread ***

Weebroon98

9 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

I have similar doubts over Henderson.  Do we give him game time in the hope he will improve or just accept that he will not make it.

Walker for this game IMO, although we might see Naismith start since were back to grass. 

Henderson ? I’d give him game time when the league is wrapped up and decide once and for all if he’s good enough to keep persisting with. I think he’s potentially not a bad player but he doesn’t play with any confidence or belief.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Same team but Hendo in for Gino we think? Makes sense.

Haring for Halliday the only other possible change but don't see it.

(BTW imagine if and when we have Halkett, Popescu, Gnandos and Haring all in the box for set pieces!)

Wouldn't be surprised if Naismith came back in and Walker pushed out wider instead of Henderson. 

The big man starting on the bench. 

Hoping the grass has been cut was mega long against Raith. Match the intensity of Tuesday and it’ll be comfortable. Start slow and we will struggle. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Hoping the grass has been cut was mega long against Raith. Match the intensity of Tuesday and it’ll be comfortable. Start slow and we will struggle. 

Problem is, the grass doesn't grow during winter (below 3 degrees). Cutting it short will mean it'll cut up more and stat looking like the hobo pitch

4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Problem is, the grass doesn't grow during winter (below 3 degrees). Cutting it short will mean it'll cut up more and stat looking like the hobo pitch

We need to get some JKB members on the pitch due to the amount of hot air they spout the grass will be close to Armands height before they next game

7 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

We have a rolling light set to grow the grass all year round. Plus the undersoil heating would be on.I imagine it wasn’t cut because of all the rain and snow and ice it’s had on it but it’s still grown a bit too long since the game before last. A couple of dry days before the weekend and they’ll cut it I would think.

Edited by JimmyCant

Sub4TiddlerMurray
12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We have a rolling light set to grow the grass all year round. Plus the undersoil heating would be on.I imagine it wasn’t cut because of all the rain and snow and ice it’s had on it but it’s still grown a bit too long since the game before last. A couple of dry days before the weekend and they’ll cut it I would think.

fair point

Sub4TiddlerMurray
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

...although I'd guess that the undersoil heating would dry the roots rather than encourage growth

10 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

...although I'd guess that the undersoil heating would dry the roots rather than encourage growth

Mix of undersoil heating. All the rain and snow we have had recently and the mobile lighting rigs we have should make sure that it grows all year round. 

2 hours ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

My only concern with that is that complacency sets in and they think we'll stroll it and revert to thinking ability is enough. Wouldnt be surprised to see us play 3 in midfield for energy as no doubt Dunfermline will press again and will be all the fresher for not having played in midweek.

Wouldn't be opposed to us playing a diamond.

Gordon

Smith Popescu Halkett Kingsley

Irving

Haring Halliday

GMS

Naismith/Boyce

We do cry out for width but I can see this being a bit more of a battle so if we can control the middle and get crosses in from our fullbacks I couldn't see us losing.

Possibly swap GMS with Naismith if you did want a bit more pace to help get in behind with Boyce dropping in.

Complacency and confidence big big differences and should be sorted out with having the same things said before this game as they did before Tuesday nights match . 
I’m probably in the minority , maybe the only one, but I’d prefer Naismith on the bench and coming in for 20/30 mins at present 

Big game and, possibly, the toughest we'll face all season. We have to be on it from the start, just like Tuesday. We're miles away from being a well oiled machine and anything less than 100% won't be enough to get all three points.

I'd be chuffed with 1-0.

58 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

We need to get some JKB members on the pitch due to the amount of hot air they spout the grass will be close to Armands height before they next game

😄

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I think we get the win by a couple of goals. If we do the league is pretty much done. 

It’s not

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

One explanation as to the problem with our pitch was the grass getting shaved to within an inch of its life!

Not surprised they are trying to get it to thicken up a bit into decent turf.

43 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Mix of undersoil heating. All the rain and snow we have had recently and the mobile lighting rigs we have should make sure that it grows all year round. 

Unfortunately we don’t have enough lighting rigs to cover the pitch as per EPL clubs.

From a supporters point of view, desperate for a good commanding performance and hoping to see the new number 9 getting some proper game time.

Would unhappily accept a defeat and take one for the JKB team though.

Another win will see a lot of potential depression on here.

8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

From a supporters point of view, desperate for a good commanding performance and hoping to see the new number 9 getting some proper game time.

Would unhappily accept a defeat and take one for the JKB team though.

Another win will see a lot of potential depression on here.

A lot of depression from who exactly? 🤔

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Complacency and confidence big big differences and should be sorted out with having the same things said before this game as they did before Tuesday nights match . 
I’m probably in the minority , maybe the only one, but I’d prefer Naismith on the bench and coming in for 20/30 mins at present 

Agree with your point about Naismith. 

Go about the game the way we did V Raith and we will win quite comfortably. On the other hand, if Neilson worries about how the Pars are set up and trys to counter that, I think we will struggle. 

A really good chance to cement our position at the top if we beat Pars and something has to give in the Raith v Dundee match.  I think this will be a hard fought game.   2-1 Hearts

3-0 

Boyce. 
Gnaduillet 

Kingsley  

2nd clean sheet in as many games. 

Job done 

Not asking too much 

3 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Not if it’s watered. In the summer the soil should actually be cooled but I don’t know if our system does that or needs it. Temperature needs to be kept pretty constant on a hybrid pitch

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not if it’s watered. In the summer the soil should actually be cooled but I don’t know if our system does that or needs it. Temperature needs to be kept pretty constant on a hybrid pitch

Cool :thumbsup:

The third of the three crucial games I suggested a week ago. So far we have three points form a possible six, which is behind the curve imo. 4 points would have been acceptable given that it would have denied one of our closest competitors 2 points and magnified the lead we have over them. Anything less than a win this Saturday is unacceptable.

We have to come out the same way as we did on Tuesday, on the front foot and at a high tempo. 

Do that, we win the game.

1 hour ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Those that can't wait to stick the boot into Robbie.

Name names...🤔

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Budge told us our new £1m pitch included a computerised control system.

Walkers Tash.the answer is for Robbie to get the players in the dressing room and impress on them to play their high energy pressing game.a good manager should be able to do that quite easily.

7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

They will have a couple of moments in the game but if we start quickly and remain on the front foot then I can only see a comfortable victory by 3 or 4 goals. 

They were lippy after the last match and they need put back into their box. 

They are also on the 'list.

Feckin upstarts.

I'm in jonno's camp here ... they 100% upstarts, despite what the KB 'coaches' on here say, when we played them they were punching WELL above their weight and caught us flat footed and with a large chunk of luck, the perfect storm so to speak, if our chances that hit the bar and post had went in then even when we weren't at our best we could have still got a draw against them ... to many on here keeking their collective pants about that shower of shite ... we will do them good and proper feck thum!! .... people need to remember ...ONLY Hearts!!

Edited by Maroon 1874

31 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

You aren't allowed to. Quick look of the neilson out thread gives you the answers.

And all of these will be depressed if we beat Dunfermline?

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And all of these will be depressed if we beat Dunfermline?

Well they seem to go out their way to be pissed off when we win. Strange behaviour.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Budge told us our new £1m pitch included a computerised control system.

Alexa, lights oan. 

Akexa, heating oan. 

Gary Locke has difficulties. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Well they seem to go out their way to be pissed off when we win. Strange behaviour.

Another good win for us will see more bongo drums getting bashed than at a Cuban wedding. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I’ve seen a few pissed off about the amount of goals we were losing and that finally came and bit us on the arse as they said it would vs Dundee and vs Raith

Ive seen folk pissed off sometimes with the managers team selection and approach to some games, generally those that we’ve lost. 

Pissed off about winning games ? Nut, just husnae been happening.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ve seen a few pissed off about the amount of goals we were losing and that finally came and bit us on the arse as they said it would vs Dundee and vs Raith

Ive seen folk pissed off sometimes with the managers team selection and approach to some games, generally those that we’ve lost. 

Exactly 👍

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Asking for Robbie to be removed isn't pissed off, it's rabid, insane, cheese melt behaviour. 

The other thread isn't " the concerned we are losing goals thread" or "concerns", it a Robbie out thread, official anaw..... 

Ludricous. 

Another win will not only put us further clear but shut down the lunatics for a few weeks. 

Win- win 

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We've all been pissed off with performance at some point this season. But even when we win the match thread turns into a shit show.

The Pars head to the capital as DAFC take on the Championship leaders.

Pay Per View - £18.50

Fans of both teams can register for PPV by visiting https://ppv.heartsfc.co.uk/events
and registering your details in the top right of the screen. Once your details are registered and you are logged in, you can purchase the PPV by clicking on the graphic in the centre of the page and then selecting ‘Purchase Game Pass’.

The PPV site is a unique site and login details for Hearts TV or heartsfcpass.com will not work. Fans that purchase PPV should watch the game at https://ppv.heartsfc.co.uk/ and not on Hearts TV or heartsfcpass.com

Users are encouraged to remember their login details when registering. If there any issues logging in then please contact [email protected] ahead of kick off.

Anyways. My guess is Big O will be about right with the side. Henderson in for Ginnelly and no other changes. Surely Frear and/or Roberts don’t get another start. Walker needs to start ahead of Naisy as well after a good performance midweek.

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Anyways. My guess is Big O will be about right with the side. Henderson in for Ginnelly and no other changes. Surely Frear and/or Roberts don’t get another start. Walker needs to start ahead of Naisy as well after a good performance midweek.

Someone suggested Naismith iin and Walker to RW but I'd suggest Walker deserves to keep his position.

We'll see I guess!!

Just now, TheBigO said:

Someone suggested Naismith iin and Walker to RW but I'd suggest Walker deserves to keep his position.

We'll see I guess!!

You might as well play me on right wing. In the hole or on the bench for Walker. Two good games in a row would be nice to see. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You might as well play me on right wing. In the hole or on the bench for Walker. Two good games in a row would be nice to see. 

Matron!